Ron Paul Wins RLC Presidential Straw Poll with 39.69% of the Vote

Ron Paul overwhelmingly won the 2011 RLC Presidential Straw Poll, gaining 612 (39.69%) of a total of 1542 votes! Jon Huntsman came in second with 382 votes (24.77%), Michele Bachmann was third with 191 votes (12.39%), while last year’s winner Mitt Romney slipped to fifth with only 74 votes (4.80%).

Click here to watch Ron Paul’s full speech at the RLC.

Name Percentage Votes
Ron Paul 39.69% 612
Jon Huntsman 24.77% 382
Michele Bachmann 12.39% 191
Herman Cain 6.74% 104
Mitt Romney 4.80% 74
Newt Gingrich 4.47% 69
Sarah Palin 2.66% 41
Rick Santorum 1.95% 30
Tim Pawlenty 1.17% 18
Gary Johnson 0.65% 10
Buddy Roemer 0.58% 9
Thad McCotter 0.13% 2

1. Ron Paul truly is the last hope of America vote for Ron Paul & restore the constitution now.
    Also I need to apoligise for previous post i'd been drinking & not thinking what I posted sorry folks.

Fresh off infowars.com:
    Bilderberg-approved Texas Governor Rick Perry is set to become the frontrunner in the Republican race to challenge Barack Obama. The Bilderberg meeting was cut short too maybe the cameras scared them lol.

Read between the lies everyone & remember you alone decide what to believe not anyone else.

Go Ron Paul :-)

• Just make sure you do not go on the Libertarian party on facebook because they do not look through party lines. I spent 2 days not even saying RP is the perfect Libertarian but that he is pushing people that way and that bashing him would be stupid. I eventually got blocked. They had a swat team of 6 that if anyone who supported RP they would just bash them.

• I have suggestions and ideas for Ron'e campaign which I sincerely hope it will get to him.

1) As a "baby boomer" (age group 50's -60's) I have fond memories of going to the airport terminal and recieving the loved one's as they disembarked the plane. If there is one candidate who has the ability to bring back that time for us within our lifetime (baby boomers) that person is Ron Paul. I don't see anyone els getting us there but bogging us down in more wars and more deficit. k

2) The name Ron Paul is hard to remember, at least I have had difficulty even though I believe my memory is above average. I think Ron's middle name should be brought into his campaign. His middle name so "earnestly" describe his personality and his campaign is overlooking the value of his middle name. He should adopt all three initials of his name into the campain.

REP FOR PRESIDENT.

Afterall he is the "Rep" for all his fans and constituents.

I surely hope this message gets to him.

ajeebmjeeb

2. Vote now! 36% in the lead! http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303657404576361643343307186.html#articleTabs=interactive

3. "On the Beach, I Bring Von Mises" Bachmann

Setting herself up as a Paul partner (VP prospect) or to take his limelight?

4. I sure hope that Ron Paul wins the election, he is the most important candidate of this election. But even if he doesn't his message will remain. He is seriously gaining popularity with the youth, myself being a college student I believe he is the only one who can save this country. If he doesn't win and things continue the way they are, we are going to have a situation here like in Spain and Greece.

5. Ron Paul tops the polls !! sue the Obama Terrorists restore America now ...

Every poll he wins is a step closer to victory Ron Paul for president 2012 !!
    get ready for Usa Vs Obama i'm waiting to celebrate Impeachment Day

On a side note I had an idea how to destroy the global elite, they need to de-populate the planet to maintain control, so everyone should start having babies we can beat them easily. Remember the old saying "Make Love Not War" lol.

Go Ron Paul :-)

6. There was one positive article on one of the several mainstream new sites that I monitor, but that article is already so buried that I can't even find it again.

The undeniable tendency for the mainstream networks to ignore anything positive about the Paul campaign has clearly and dramatically increased. I am particularly amazed at how Fox News anchors and guests have turned their back on Paul, even though the reasons for their previous respect for him have only strengthened.

For me personally, this is about the most disappointing development yet. What good are hard work and 'goals-accomplished' when every middle man between the candidates and the public re-interpret reality to make it "obvious" that Paul has never had a real success and that there is no possibility that he has any chance to win. A side-point is that on several shows I have seen after the poll, both Demos and Reps completely ignore Paul when generalizing the Republican candidate field. For example, they say that no Rep. candidate advocates for anything distinctively new; and that Huntsman is the only candidate to convincingly advocate immediate withdrawal from some of our wars.

Anchor after anchor and guest after guest dismiss Paul's success in this straw poll with a single sentence or two. All others present shake their head in agreement without any skepticism even from guests who challenge every other premiss presented.

I just saw all participants on a Fox show agree with straight faces that Paul's first show finish means nothing. Then they spent the rest of the discussion on what is really "meaningful" (their word!)-- who came in second. The reason given this time (this time at least a reason was stated), was that Paul's strong finishes in straw polls never result in general public popularity increases. How brain-dead must they be to not see that only unfair media bias (like they are right now perfecting) accounts for this mysterious phenomenon that does not occur for any of the candidates that they do not ignore.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 0

7. To Ross: only Congress can get the ball rolling on impeachment & that will not happen as both parties are 2 sides of the same coin.

To Viv: I agree that marriage, hetero or otherwise, is local, state or federal biz. I disagree, however, with law enforcement, healthcare & especially education being monopolized by govt. I also disagree with defense staying nationalized but one step @ a time. Socialized medicine is failing worlwide, so why turn to a proven failure? If you search, you will find stories, almost hourly, of corrupt cops being discovered, and most getting taps on the wrist. Education, to me is the most important to privatize. Govt has pumped false propaganda into the heads of Americans since almost the beginning. A dumber society means an easier controlled population. The less the federal govt controls the better. The less the state controls the better. The less local controls, the better. The more the individual controls, well....the better

8. Ron Paul was also the only candidate who didn't fudge up facts in the debate http://factcheck.org/2011/06/gop-new-hampshire-debate/

I think Dr.Paul needs to stand up to people and tell them they are lying to their face...maybe he doesn't need to in general, but when at debates like this, or when asked by journalists to comment, he should point out the lies, inconsistencies and hypocrisies of the other candidates.

I think he should stick to his message of liberty - social as well as economic. And he should stick to his message of balancing the budget - I think initially it will require both cutting expenses and increasing taxes.

I thought he pandered a bit in saying that same sex marriages are a state matter...he should stick to his position that it's not for a government to dictate - whether federal, state or local...

I think one thing that he hasn't laid out well is - what is the role of government? what should the government do? We have heard him say government shouldn't do this and that, but we need to know what would he have the government do...I personally think there are 4 tasks for government:
    1. Defence
    2. Law enforcement
    3. Healthcare
    4. Education

• the problem is its VERY difficult to even get rapid republicans or democratic voters to even LISTEN.

An example is the same sex marriage debate. Ron Paul stops the debate at, it's not the government's role to define what you do with your life.

But for a lot of people that is not an answer (hence people always saying Ron Paul has no solutions). People want to hear what he intends the government to do. They want a 'position'. Ron Paul will say what his PERSONAL position is, but will follow up by saying that it is NOT the government's role to define that for YOU. YOU get to decide.

People are SO brainwashed from birth, that the government is a force for good only and everything the government does is pure and with good intentions for your own good, that they cannot even comprehend NOT having the state in every facet of your life.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

• this is so funny, the most they can put on Ron Paul in factcheck is that the population has only grown by 26.5m and not 30m.

otherwise nothing else on him.

9. There is another race on now before the next election and that is the war agenda.Obama has apparently given the OK for troops to invade Libya in Oct this year.He has gotten this approval via the UN and not Congress.This is against the US Constitution.Syria is also under threat because it is a route for gas and oil pipelines like Afghanistan.

I just hope we have enough time.Can Obama be impeached?

10. NadePaulKuciGravMcKi

a Seven Nation Army couldn't hold Ron Paul back

11. I agree that he has to dumb things down a bit for the average person to understand. I figure that when people hear this talk of sound money they take a dollar out of their wallet and put it to their ears. What I really wish we could see more of is him talking about his track record, and not only that, but 2007-08 campaigns. Where he was BOOED for the things he is saying today. Not only that, but the things other candidates are saying as well, talk about pandering when none of them except Ron Paul, probably stood on the positions they stand for today.

12. To Jon Lind:

I think the lack of chest beating from Ron is exactly what sets him above the rest of the bunch. He doesn't have to be flashy & point fingers, because what he speaks is stone cold facts & that's all he needs to win. Educate the people & they will follow.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 20 Thumb down 2

• I agree with you Michael, that's why we love Ron Paul. But you must understand that Ron Paul will not succeed in reaching out to the rest of the American people in time, unless he begins to show the world that he is the real thing.

I'm sorry, but you don't live in reality if you don't understand that Americans in general want to see a person who thinks he can win and that highlights his qualities as a person. I know this is against Ron Paul's humble nature, but that is the question of life or death now and Ron Paul have to realize this. I know that Ron Paul can be tough and he can be tough in a fair manner. But you have to call a liar a liar and a hypocrite a hypocrite. Telling the truth can sometimes require that you stop being humble to their opponents. One need not be ruthless but you have to tell the truth.

I'd rather not bring religion into politics, but if you read the Bible then you know that Jesus accused his religious opponents of being hypocrites. Jesus was not afraid to accuse his opponents of being liars and hypocrites who had power over people.

• Jag skrev en massa stavfel, har ett knäppt rättstavnings program som ställer till det för mig. Så jag gör ett nytt försök hoppas det blir mer förståeligt nu.

I agree with you Michael, that’s why we love Ron Paul. But you must understand that Ron Paul will not succeed in reaching out to the rest of the American people in time, unless he begins to show the world that he is the real thing.

I’m sorry, but you don’t live in reality if you don’t understand that Americans in general want to see a person who thinks he can win and that highlights his qualities as a person. I know this is against Ron Paul’s humble nature, but this is a question about life or death now and Ron Paul have to realize this. I know that Ron Paul can be tough and he can be tough in a fair manner. But you have to call a liar a liar and a hypocrite a hypocrite. Telling the truth can sometimes require that you stop being humble to your opponents. One need not be ruthless but you have to tell the truth.

I’d rather not bring religion into politics, but if you read the Bible then you know that Jesus accused his religious opponents of being hypocrites. Jesus was not afraid to accuse his opponents of being liars and hypocrites who had power over other people.

• I am so sorry. I wrote a lot of typos, have a weird right spelling program that causes it to me. So I will try again hope it becomes more understandable now. The moderator can take away the other comments.

13. I am sorry, But Ron Paul is his own worst enemy in this presidential election. As long as Ron Paul does not think he can win, he can not win. What is even worse is that I think Ron Paul at an unconscious level does not even want to win. Ron Paul knows what a terrible job it is to be president and that scares him, obviously.

So what makes me say this about Ron Paul that I really want to be President?
    Well, if you want to be a winner you have to tell others that you are a winner and you have to brag about what you have accomplished and what you stand for. In short, you have to sell yourself, especially when you are an advocate of competition and free markets.

But Ron Paul shows no sign that he wants to be a winner. He does not say that he is a winner, he does not brag that he is the only true Tea Party candidate, who also protested against George Bush. He does not point out his opponents as hypocrites and liars when they have embraced Ron Paul's rhetoric about the endless wars and the bailout, only to steal Ron Paul's votes away from him.

Ron Paul must realize that millions of lives are at stake if he does not toughen up and start to strive to be a Winner in this presidential election.

We all know that the endless wars will continue and that the U.S. will lose its independence if Ron Paul does not become president. This means additional millions of dead people in the end. These reasons should be enough for Ron Paul to understand that he must be a winner.

Ron Paul must now realize that he can not continue to behave as he does now. I know that Ron Paul wants to be humble and I think that honors him. But you can not become president of the world's most powerful nation if you do not want to get it to 100%. There is a balance between humility and being tough. Ron Paul has theese two qualities he must just start believing in himself as a winner and his supporter must demand that he starts to behave like a winner. There is too much at stake now to continue as before. Stand up for yourself, Ron Paul, be a winner!

• @John. Not only are you wrong about what Ron Paul is/isn't saying, but about how the public will take it.

My emails from ronpaul2012.com (his campaign site) is constantly telling me he will win. While he does have the attitude of a winner to his supporters, he is much more reserved in public which is good in the eyes of many. He isn't another Arnold Swartznegger and I wouldn't vote for him if I thought he was. I'm convinced Ron Paul will kick more a55 than the terminator told us he would but never did.

No, he doesn't spend a lot of time on why not to vote for his opponents, but why to vote for him. Too much bragging and too much opponent bashing are reasons I don't like mainstream politicians. Ron Paul has proven to be the perfect substitute for the masses who are turning away from the norm and those numbers are growing.

• It is difficult to debate with you about this, because personally I like your approach to politics. But the truth is simple Ron Paul will not win the presidential election if he does not think he can win. You miss the main point. Ron Paul has not in a single interview showed clearly that he thinks he can win. Ron Paul reaches only intelligent people who are awake. To reach the sleeping voters, he must first tell them that he is a winner so they start listening to him. You live in a bubble right now where only like-minded people exist. Sorry but you have missed the reality outside your own.

• Saddly, he is not a MLK and his debates are not on par with religious revivals. Just like FDR wasn't able to stand-up and show his strength but got elected anyways. Maybe we need something besides yet another mindless attention grabber.

Maybe I do "live in a bubble". That is not an impossibility. However, I have to vote for who I think will do the best job, not who I think will get the most votes before they are counted.

• Ofcourse you should vote for Ron Paul. I never said that you shouldn't. I was talking about that Ron Paul has to start believe that he can win and confront liars and hypocrites.

• JOhn,

It sounds more like you don't think Ron Paul can win. It's in your mind!

• I have just argued for that he is a winner and that he just need to realize that he is a winner to win. But after debating a lot of Ron Paul Supporter here I think I see another problem too. It's almost looks like his supporters are the one who stops him from grow in popularity. I don't think most of his supporter thinks he can win. Most of you guys seem to just want to be martyrs and live in a cult. It's stupid. You will never reach out to get more votes for Ron Paul then.

I am sorry to say that some Ron Paul supporter (Not everyone) are as one eyed as Obama supporters in this sence, you guys look at Ron Pauls personality like he was as a holy man. He is a good person and he has good politically policys on the most importent areas. But thats it, and he is a politician and that mean his not a saint. But if anyone tries to com up with any criticism of Ron Paul some of you attack just like kult members defends it leaders. It is not healty for anyone.

All I tried to say was that Ron Paul don't think he can Win and that will stop him from winning. And a lot of Ron Paul supporters better start to think he can win instead of playing Martyrs.

If your reaction is to attack me instead of understanding this, well, then go a head. I cant explain this any more than I already have. If no one wants to listen to what I say about this, well then that's just the way it is. And that explains why Ron Paul will not Win. You have to tell people that you are a winner to become one. Every ad about Ron Paul should portray Ron Paul as a Winner.

But if you have a mind of a "looser" you will just hate what I just wrote.

• I don't think Ron Paul should change his style to suit an hyped up media agenda.The people the USA are ready for change and are now seeing beyond the usual lies and deceptions of mainstream politics.Movie Star politics is over.It is time to speak the truth.

Ron Paul should talk softy as he always does and carry the big stick called the US Constitution.

• Well then he will loose. Thats just the way it is.

• I think however that Ron Paul can confront people in a classy way. He did a good job against Chris Matthews so I know he can.

Ron Paul on Hardball - May 13th

• John,Whatever Ron Paul does should be within character.He is a man of deep conviction and beliefs.What wins people over , are his simple words of truth and logic, not a Hollywood bluster of personality acrobatics.

Ron Paul could be more passionate somtimes, but this must be within the comfort zone of his true personality and not contrived.People are now looking for truth and sincerity.They can now smell a false flag personality a mile off.

• I agree he must be real. But he has to start calling a liar a liar and he has to start to believe he can Win. And we must all start to act like he is a winner, because if we don't he will loose.

It is simple just say he is a winner. Make youtube videos and ads that portray him as a winner. And show what a bunch of hypocrites his opponents are.

• John Lind,What impressed me about Ron Paul during his debate was his sense of humour and irony.He was one of the few to make the audience laugh.Perhaps Ron being always on the defensive has been too contained by his past,but he has been proven right.If he is to let his personality rip and express the frustrations of the oppressed US nation,then it should not be contrived or out of character.

Ron Pauls' age is a double edged sword.He is not a great orator but more a simple truth sayer.This does not mean he has a lesser intellect.Some of the greatest orators in Hollywood are air headed Bozos.People who come to know him,trust him implicity.Always play to your strengths and for Ron, his age combined with a good running mate,will be a winner.

14. Congratulations to Ron Paul on another poll win!!! Come on Americans, rally for RON PAUL! This is the chance America needs! Don't let the media leave him out. Call your local, state and national news media and demand Ron Paul get the media attention he deserves. RON PAUL will be president in 2012.

15. Yes, I would love a smart President.

16. He wins to polls and the MSM still have to put a negative spin on it. Little sucker punches from statists. The People are speaking and Ron is on his way to the top!

RON 2012
    I vote for Peace!

17. I can't say enough about this man,he is on his way to greatness!

18. I support Ron Paul 110% audit the Feds and stop the wars and do away with tyranny! We are so sick of Obamas wars, he thinks he's got black people on his side, wake up because alot of blacks are waking up to the smell of deception!

19. I would just like to say that I'm not suppressed one bit. Dr. Paul in one of the only people that actually cares about this country and people are starting to see through the left right paradigm and listen to real people.

Ron Paul 2012!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 1

20. George Washington

Rock on Mr. Ron Paul, rock on. America is behind You.

Ron Paul 2012