257 responses to “Ron Paul: Privatize Airport Security”

1. dafty97

Thats a good point and one i wont disagree with. But the fact is that i have more faith in one standardized government run method than i do in individual airlines that would cut corners trying to keep prices down. The government is responsible for the security of the nation (the military) and they are very good at. So far they have done nothing wrong looking after airport security either!

2. imatruthaddict

As soon as they pass into US airspace they are subject to the same laws that any domestic airline would be subject to…you cannot say they will be doing a better job just like I can’t say, with certainty, that private security would do a better job. Here is what I do know, they are abusive in their powers, they act with impunity, and few people have the resources to defend themselves effectively in court from the Federal Government.

3. dafty97

You keep going on about the government not being competent enough. But consider the fact that the army is employed by the government to protect the nation. It does a damn good job!!! So why shouldnt a security force run by the government to protect airports be any good???

4. dafty97

Ok, suppose we let airlines in the USA take security into their own hands. What about foreign airlines that travel into the united states??? Most of them will have their national governments taking care of security and they will likely be doing a better job. A terrorist in the USA would only need to target the airline that has the weakest security measures and then take advantage of it. One standardized method is the only solution.

5. imatruthaddict

ahrg…getting tired….no more meth left….crashing!

6. imatruthaddict

I love that show…do you watch the UK version?

7. heaviside1618

Kitchen Nightmares is another prime example of small business gone bad. I just watched an episode on tube+

8. imatruthaddict

I have confidence that they want to make money and keep their business from failing…with secure doors to the cockpit and an armed flight-crew, I’m feeling pretty safe the flight won’t get hijacked. To be honest with you I never WAS scared bc I knew the box-cutter take-over of a commercial airliner sounds like horseshit as well. Are we such a feminine society that its hard to believe there would be people willing to rush an asshole with a box-cutter? Jesus Christ…..

9. imatruthaddict

If I had my way and had all the US troops on American soil, there wouldn’t be a reason for terrorism…no, I don’t buy the “we’re free so they hate us” BS….its much more simple to believe we have been fucking with the Middle east since WW1 and people are finally starting to get pissed off. You have read some books written by “terrorists”, haven’t you?

10. imatruthaddict

But I will still watch the movie…even though I’ll be wasting my time…so that I can explain the difference in hysteria and reality.

11. imatruthaddict

Dude…I’ve worked in the Drilling industry since 2004 and my dad has been working since 1974 and now is a director of operations at a smaller production company…would I trust first-hand experience vs, at best, second-hand information? No I wouldn’t…and I wouldn’t think any other thinking person would either.
    I’ve worked in both Weld and Garfield counties…those film makers must have dug deep bc the farmers here use our surface cuttings to fertilize their fields, they love it

12. imatruthaddict

So law-abiding citizens with guns are liable to start shooting for no reason other than they are drunk? Come on…put some thought into your words before they become public.

13. imatruthaddict

I trust that I can count on businesses wanting to make money and part of that is keeping their customers alive and happy…I’m sure companies at a terminal can form a coalition of some sort(or a private 3rd party company)to protect their assets and reputations.
    I’m 100% sure companies can and would do an adequate job of protecting their livelihoods….which is getting people from point A to point B in a safe and timely manner.
    Sorry, I don’t believe the story of 9/11….

14. imatruthaddict

I thinks its valuable for both protection and deterrent….come on now, different species? You can’t be serious that you actually thought I might think that proper or even probable.
    I get the feeling that you are a thinking man so I will treat you as such, hopefully you will come to the same conclusion.
    But yes, mainly a militia which is why I say private, law-abiding citizens should be able to buy military equipment…it just comes with voluntary Militia conscription…

15. kharu88

its so simple… the only reason there is so much security in airports is cause companies are afraid for their planes and not people. Lets take a “terrorist” that wants to blow up people, would he really try to get on a plane? i mean there are plenty better and easier and more effective places to blow up. any mall or sports game…..

16. dafty97

I like Ron but i disagree on this matter. If airlines were left to sort out the security then they would cut corners trying to keep ticket prices down. Airport security is a national issue and needs a standardized method that is the same everywhere. You cannot let airlines take such a big responsibility into their hands. They would be incompetent.

17. boblansdorp

what most people don’t understand is that there is an optimal level of government debt which optimizes growth due to mitigation of shocks in the economy…

18. drjesusgallardo

OMG this guy is even more sane than I imagined, common sense + intelligence incarnated!!
    !

19. democratsaresmart

RON PAUL, WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER! TELL AMERICAN PEOPLE HOW EXACTLY RU GOING TO CREATE JOBS? OK LETS SAY ALL TROOPS CAME BACK AND THEN WHAT? THEY ARE GOING TO SELL IPHONES AND BLACKBERRIES? DUDE BE A MEN, HOW RU GOING TO CREATE JOBS? POPULATION OF CHINA IS 1.4 B CHINESE WORK LIKE ROBOTS, BE HONEST TELL AMERICAN PEOPLE TO BUY UR BOOK U NEED CASH , U LOVE POWER, U LOVE CASH, U WILL NEVER CREATE JOBS, U HAVE NO ANSWER!

20. peaceliberty4all

A vote for Ron Paul, is a vote for America. Ron Paul 2012

21. jcost2012

What a load of shit

22. jcost2012

What a load of shot

23. jcost2012

What a load of shut

24. pushthepanic85

The last TRUE candidate for the people

25. digerpaji

this man is hope

26. digerpaji

this man is hope

27. blakmira

President Ron Paul. Envision it. Believe it. Will it.

28. noodleXfish

This sounds like a great plan. I’m liking this guy more and more.

29. daverolo87

He’s a Natural Leader !

30. Goodatconnect4

“The TSA warning that terrorists are seriously considering a new tactic: surgically implanting explosive devices”

I’m reminded of Animal Farm where Napoleon warns of some supposed sabotage by Snowball and, when there is a reaction at all, Boxer acknowledges, “Napoleon is always right.”

Looking at an article by WP: Officials would not specify which terrorist organizations are thought to be considering this surgical tactic.

All of a sudden, I can’t tell the pigs from the humans.

RP 2012

31. systemerror11

Ron Paul supporters – ronpaulvoterbomb [.] com
    RON PAUL 2012!

32. nickjthefirst

It’s TOTALLY out of control. Very powerful.

33. RileyE104

URGENT!! For those watching this who support Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign: There’s going to be a HUGE fundraiser on July 19th — TOMORROW — so please remember to take the time to donate at…. RonPaul2012(dot)com

34. efishunter

Privatizing airport security will cost twice as much and not change a damn thing. They will still have to squeeze your ass to see if there is a bomb in your drawers. Ron Paul sucks and his ideas are lame.

35. toemasie

Seriously, how could anyone not like this man? He’s a politician who HATES politicians.