Ron Paul: The World Will Give Up on the Dollar

Transcript

News Anchor: Well as the debate heats up over the debt so do the warnings, GOP presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul says these harsh words for the White House “In Washington, if you hear about a so called deal, you can be sure the taxes will come, but the cuts never will.” He’s also warning Republicans not to fall for any deals from Democrats, he’s joining us live now via Skype from Texas to explain why. Hello Congressman, good to see you today.

Ron Paul: Hello, good to talk to you again.

News Anchor: Alright, so you’re convinced that regardless of what kind of deal they work out, in the long term you think the spending cuts aren’t going to come, why not?

Ron Paul: Because the problem is too big, I don’t question their good intentions, I think a lot of members of Congress on both sides would like to get this behind them, but the problem is too big, there’s too much momentum, big government is there, nobody wants to cut the military, nobody wants to cut the entitlement. So they make this pretense but I don’t think the cuts will come, they talked about this in 1980s, they said if we raise taxes we’ll do the cuts, but the cuts never came. So and I work on the assumption that only this year’s budget is what counts. If you promise to cut in the next 10 years $4 trillion, I mean why should that reassure the public or why should that reassure the marketplace, it’ just putting things on. We have to decide as a country on whether or not we should be the policeman of the world and whether we can afford this entitlement system, and those are the two questions that they do not ask.

News Anchor: Well, Congressman, that sounds pretty pessimistic that we’re not going to turn this around, that the appetite for big government is insatiable at this point, so what’s the long-term bid of hope, is here any in your view?

Ron Paul: Yeah, I’m very hopeful, I’m very positive on the long run but I think we’re going to go through a bankruptcy first because everything we’ve done so far is just spend more and run up the deficit and print more money, and eventually the world will give up on the dollar and then we’ll go through the ringer through the bankruptcy and every reason in the world we’ll come back to our senses, maybe we’ll just follow the constitution, do only those things that are authorized, have sound money, don’t allow the Fed to print money and have a sensible foreign policy. But they’re not on the verge of this, but the people I talked to around the country, many of them young people are ready for it because they know they’re getting a bad deal, and they can’t afford, they can’t even get a job let alone pay for all this, all the wars and all the entitlements. So the whole process is coming to an end, that’s why I’m predicting in the next week or two or a month or two, they’re not going to come up with a solution that’s going to satisfy hardly anybody.

News Anchor: OK, so Congressman you’re looking past just the idea of possibly defaulting August 2nd or in the neighborhood there as we’ve been warned by the treasury department treasury secretary Geithner, you’re predicting an all out collapse of the U.S. Dollar and bankruptcy for the United States?

Ron Paul: Well yes, I mean we literally declared that already, one time we promised we’d pay in gold for our dollars and we declared we didn’t have that, but now we default all the time because we print money just to pay our bills and the dollar goes down in value. So if somebody pays you $10,000 they owed you a year ago, you’re only getting probably $900 and the government wants to pay their debt with cheap money. So they want inflation, they want devaluation, it’s the only way they can politically liquidate the debt. The other way you liquidate debt is you just stiff everybody and you don’t pay your bills. But we’re going to pay our bills, everybody is going to get paid but the money is not going to have any money.

They’re talking about changing the CPI right now so that they don’t raise the benefits to people under social security and they’re going to say it with a straight face and say “Oh the cost of living isn’t going up,” so there’s all kinds of way governments manipulate and worst manipulation is the depreciation of the currency and I don’t see how they can stop it. Because there’s no serious attempt to cut back, if they did, if everybody was worried as I am, they would get together and cut everybody’s budget 10% and save a lot of money right off the back. But there’s no suggestion, no attempt to do that, no attempt to bring our troops home and no attempt to say, “Maybe we’ve overextended ourselves with the entitle system” and it has nothing to do with what we’ve been authorized to do in the constitution, so this is why it is big, it is significant and what happens here in the next week or two and some type of agreement I project they’ll probably raise the debt limit but they won’t be coming any closer to the solution.

News Anchor: Alright Congressman I want to mention that at another important straw poll last night out of New Hampshire you came out on top again, you have great success in the straw poll arena, how are you feeling about your chances in New Hampshire come primary time?

Ron Paul: Well better all the time, so I was very pleased to hear that and we’re going to keep working very hard in the various states especially the early states, we were glad to hear what happened in New Hampshire.

News Anchor: Alright Congressman, we thank you very much for your time today, we know there’s a lot of work ahead on these very important issues and we wish you the best of luck.

Ron Paul: Thank you very much.

1. this is where I found my job ...careerstart.info...

2. You say *extreme left wing and retarded politician*, I say Ron Paul! What happened to politics? Justin Bieber's penis is the size of the dislike bar. Chuck Norris is somehow related to this. Rebecca Black sucks. Thumbs up if *insert obvious bullshit here*. My parents thought I was doing my homework, but are happier that im watching something that matters. 4 dislikes for.. *enter crap reason*. press 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 or 9. Now you dont need to read the rest of the comments. RONPAUL12!

3. You say *extreme left wing and retarded politician*, I say Ron Paul! What happened to politics? Justin Bieber's penis is the size of the dislike bar. Chuck Norris is somehow related to this. Rebecca Black sucks. Thumbs up if *insert obvious bullshit here*. My parents thought I was doing my homework, but are happier that im watching something that matters. 4 dislikes for.. *enter crap reason*. press 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 or 9. Now you dont need to read the rest of the comments. RONPAUL12!

4. darthchristoferrobin

5. I heard Ron Paul supports multi-species marriage so my goat lover and I are voting for him in 2012!

6. I heard Ron Paul supports multi-species marriage so my goat lover and I are voting for him in 2012!

7. The media is already beginning their massive campaign to marginalize Ron Paul's Presidential campaign for the Republican nomination in the 2012 election. In order for our movement to succeed in electing a real President like Ron Paul in 2012, we must all work together.

8. Please join in on the moneybomb today to help Ron win Ames!

ronpaul2012. com

9. Our last, best hope

10. or because polls are fixed

11. or because polls are fixed

12. or because polls are fixed

13. Ron Paul wins straw polls because the people attending are aware of what this country is facing. It is the rest of the brainwashed (braindead?) electorate that is holding him back- getting them to wake up is the challenge and the only way we have a chance at taking back our country from the thieves in D.C.

I encourage everyone watching this to donate your time and money to Ron's campaign to do what we can to sheperd the sheep. Time is running out if it isn't already too late...

14. I'm 22 and I agree with you.

15. answer me truthfully.

Is Ron Paul a mason.

His wife is an eastern star and they're always married to masons.

also he has a famous picture of him doing the handshake.

any ideas?

• He probably is a Freemason. This country's politicians have a very long historical tie to freemasonry. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
      What I find more disturbing is an alleged fixation Ron Paul might have on Ayn Rand.
      If her theories were implemented this country would be fascist in a heart beat.
      Rand also collected Social Security and Medicare under the name "Ann O'Connor." For somebody that believed that people should live independently, that's hypocritical and not somebody suitable as a role model.

16. IndianaPolitico

Ron Paul needs our help! Donate during his, "Ready, Ames, Fire!" Money Bomb on July 19th, and let's "Restore America Now!"

17. just bought a few T-shirts with RON PAUL to give out to my friends and family, keep spreading the word!!!

18. TheComputerNazi

Spread the word, make a sign and put it in your front yard, do everything you can to make sure Ron Paul is our next President.

We have to make the support for Ron Paul so overwhelming the Democrats or Republicans can not fix the election this time.

It's time, Live on Your Feet or You will surely Die on Your Knees.

19. Ron Paul is the "Common Sense Brainiac" America desperately needs!!!

VOTE OR DIE!!!! RON PAUL 2012

20. Ron Paul is the "Common Sense Brainiac" America desperately needs!!!

VOTE OR DIE!!!! RON PAUL 2012