Ron Paul’s Debt Solution: Bring the Troops Home, Fire Useless Bureaucrats, Phase Out Entitlements

Transcript

Judge Napolitano: While Republicans in the House and Senate go back and forth over whether they will support Speaker Boehner’s plan to raise the debt ceiling, there’s one member of the House of Representatives who could not be clearer on the subject: no increase in the debt ceiling, no way, no how. Here to explain is Texas Republican Congressman and presidential candidate, Ron Paul. Congressman Ron Paul, as always it’s a pleasure, welcome back to Freedom Watch.

Ron Paul: Thank you, Judge, good to be with you.

Judge Napolitano: What are the chances that the sound-money, small-government attitude (that you represent so well, that so many millions of Americans send people to the House of Representatives to put into effect) will prevail, and the debt ceiling will not go up? Or, is it a hopeless case, is it going to go up no matter what the logical arguments against it may be?

Ron Paul: I think it’s going to go up because everybody will be scared into it. I think all the talk here in these last several days is mostly politics and it’s sort of like the CR Resolution being passed at the last minute. So it’s who’s going to get blamed and when, and who’s going to get the credit. But I think it will go up, I don’t think in the long term it makes a whole lot of difference because the country has to default because we can’t pay this debt; it’s just a matter of how we pay it. I think this is political grandstanding, but I think at the last minute the debt level will be increased.

Judge Napolitano: Give us the argument in a nutshell about why you, Ron Paul, and many other Tea Party endorsed and small-government colleagues of yours oppose any increase in the debt ceiling, no matter what promises accompany those increases?

Ron Paul: Well, mine will be a little bit different than others, but basically I think many would agree that we have to stop the spending. If we don’t increase the level, then we have to get our house in order. For me it’s a little bit different, because I think the default is coming and I’m looking at how you default. Governments in countries that get this far in debt, never pay their bills, and you can default by not sending the checks out, and that’s what they’re afraid they’ll have to pursue if they don’t get a debt level increase. That’s why I say they will, because all countries keep sending the check out. The real default and the real danger, if we continue to do this, is the default through the devaluation of the currency, and that’s translated into paying for it through higher prices. I think that’s going to be chaotic because we just can’t keep up. I think it will force us to have a change in foreign policy and spending policies here at home. But I think you have to go through a rough time in order to get the people convinced. Some of the kind of things you’re seeing in Greece right now, I’m afraid we’ll have to face up to this. But the default is going to come, but I do believe very sincerely they’re not going to opt for defaulting by not sending the checks out and paying the interest on the debt. That’s not going to happen, I’m very certain that there will be no default on our debt and financing our debt.

Judge Napolitano: Isn’t this a golden opportunity, rare in American political history, to shrink the government back into the confines of the Constitution, to force it to live within its means, and isn’t this an easy thing to do? The Republicans run the House, all they have to do is say, “No” and the argument is over, the borrowing is over, the government starts obeying the laws of economics and the Constitution for the first time in over a hundred years.

Ron Paul: It would be nice to think that, but politics works differently and, you know, when there is any life left into the entitlement system, it’s going to stay alive and it gets louder and angrier and you know there are maybe more people getting checks than those people are producing. So those of us who would like to stop don’t have quite as many allies. So I think it’s going to get a lot worse before they wake up. They’re not functioning very well, and people are realizing how bad it is. But I don’t think we’re going to clean up our act until government no longer functions, and then we’ll have to say what kind of a monetary system do we want, what kind of a foreign policy do we have to have, and what kind of a Department of Homeland Security do we want. But that’s not on the verge of happening and hopefully will come soon, but I believe it will come within the next year or two and we’ll be forced into doing it, which you wished by common sense that we would do it right now. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you they’re going to do it.

Judge Napolitano: Before I let you go, we have about a half a minute left. You’re not only a member of Congress, you’re also running for the Republican presidential nomination. When you make the arguments to the voters in Iowa or New Hampshire or wherever else you’ve being going, like you just made to our viewers, how do they respond to this?

Ron Paul: Very favorably, and more so than before. I always thought, “Well, my supporters come out”. But now the crowds are larger and they’re looking different, so this message is being listened to, but out of necessity if nothing else. So yes, there’s a bigger audience and we have to keep working on it because we can win this, we must win it, because we’re not going to have much left if we don’t win.

Judge Napolitano: Congressman Ron Paul, thanks very much for joining us.

Ron Paul: Thank you, Judge.

1. Taking into consideration entitlement programs the US debt is close to maybe over 100 Trillion USD.

Ron Paul has a plan to pay out owed benefits while allowing me to opt out of this fraudulent system.

Fraudulent for many reasons. lets take SS for an example.
    SS was doomed to fail since its inception.
    Why?
    It is a pyramid scheme look at the way it works.

It can only stay afloat when the generational base paying into it is larger than the previous.

The politicians stealing from it is bad also

2. I've been watching Ron for some time now. He never really gives times frames, this time he did. It's about to get bad!!! I love the United States ,it is really time for us to wake up!!! We need Ron Paul in office!!! I'm tired of being robe and lied to. SMH

3. Everyone needs to get registered as a Republican for the primaries, or it wont matter, unless he runs as Independent.

4. Everyone needs to get registered as a Republican for the primaries, or it wont matter, unless he runs as Independent.

5. Dr. Paul is the only person I will support. He is honest, transparent, consistent, intelligent, with an understandong pf economics, history, medicine, the Constitution, and Liberty. Those Americans who don't support and vote for this great man; will look back some day with regret. This could well be our last chance to take back our Republic from the globalists. If he does"nt get the Republican nomination, he can run as an Independent, since he is not running for his seat in Congress. RP 2012

6. Dr. Paul is the only person I will support. He is honest, transparent, consistent, intelligent, with an understandong pf economics, history, medicine, the Constitution, and Liberty. Those Americans who don't support and vote for this great man; will look back some day with regret. This could well be our last chance to take back our Republic from the globalists. If he does"nt get the Republican nomination, he can run as an Independent, since he is not running for his seat in Congress. RP 2012

7. America NEEDS to listen to Ron Paul!

8. America NEEDS to listen to Ron Paul!

9. I'm poor, I work my ass off, I;m not blaming my self for not being poor enough! LOL Thanx BTW Sorry...maybe I read you wrong sir

10. I'm poor, I work my ass off, I;m not blaming my self for not being poor enough! LOL Thanx BTW Sorry...maybe I read you wrong sir

11. Read Jerky! There will be plenty of money left over for the elderly and the poor if we bring the troops home and stop all these bullshit industrial military wars, get rid of the CIA, Homeland security, the federal reserve,the dept of education, department of agriculture just too name a few, we'll have far more tax revenue with a strong economy with people working...CUT THIS FUCKEN PORK FAT!! Ron Paul 2012!! The r3VOLution Baby!! If your not part of the solution then your part of the problem!

12. Read Jerky! There will be plenty of money left over for the elderly and the poor if we bring the troops home and stop all these bullshit industrial military wars, get rid of the CIA, Homeland security, the federal reserve,the dept of education, department of agriculture just too name a few, we'll have far more tax revenue with a strong economy with people working...CUT THIS FUCKEN PORK FAT!! Ron Paul 2012!! The r3VOLution Baby!! If your not part of the solution then your part of the problem!

13. same 2 top comments how orignal

14. THE TITLE ALONE WOULD SAVE YOU RE CoUNTRY

15. Just the title gets a LIKE

16. 338 likes, and 3 dislikes. The numbers never lie!

17. Ron Paul is not saying suddenly end entitlements, he is saying that they should be phased out. The ones on it now and the ones paying for it already, will still have it if they want, but young people who have not yet begun to pay for it, will not get it.

18. Real enemy of Greece, Europe & America - Jew !

Goldman Sachs CEO, Lyold Blankfein is Jew

Deustche Bank CEO, Yosef Ackermann is Jew

IMF Deputy CEO, John Lisky is Jew

Ex IMF CEO, Dominic Strauss is Jew

World Bank CEO, Robert Zoellick is Jew

Fed Chairman, Ben Bernanke is Jew

Ex Fed Chairman, Alan Greenspan is Jew

Obama Treasury Secretary, Timothy Geithner is Jew

George Bush Treasury Secretary, Hank Paulson is Jew

19. We did? it took a couple of years to withdraw all the troops....besides, thats not going to solve the budget problem...its the huge spending we do, the military at least provides jobs in which our servicemembers pay into the system and support the local economies which also creates jobs which expands people payingt taxes who also support the local economy and create other jobs...its a chain reaction affect...just like JFK described in 1962.

20. 1) No 1 should be on welfare for more than 4 yrs(enough time to get a college degree)
    2) If you are on welfare you cannot have children(you get kicked off if you get pregnant, and no free abortion)
    3) It's a 1 time only deal
    4) children born to "illegal aliens" can't get on welfare or any government assistance until they turn 18(and their parents must be deported)