Ron Paul Slams Obama’s “Monstrous Creature”, the Super Congress

Transcript

Lou Dobbs: Joining us now for more on job creation and the debt ceiling agreement, Congressman Ron Paul, who voted against raising the debt ceiling. He says the new special committee created by Congress is “disturbing and will be used instead to raise taxes”. Congressman Ron Paul, seeking the Republican Presidential nomination, joins us tonight from Clute, Texas. Good to have you with us, Congressman.

Ron Paul: Thank you, Lou, good to be with you.

Lou Dobbs: You voted again against the debt ceiling. Tell us why.

Ron Paul: Maybe because I’ve never voted for any of the spending essentially over the many years I’ve been in Congress. And I believed that debt was going to be a problem many years ago, and debt is a problem. So you don’t get out of the problem of having too much debt by allowing the Congress to spend a lot more and granting them another 2.4 trillion dollars worth of debt. So it never made any sense to me to do it that way. It just digs the hole much deeper, and then it gets harder for us to get out. So it was a very easy vote for me, but it became much easier when I saw the vehicle they were using to create this “Super Congress.” I mean, where in the world did that come from and what is that going to lead to. That is monstrous. I kept looking and looking, and I can’t find any place in the Constitution where we have the authority to create such a creature as the Super Congress.

Lou Dobbs: Let’s return to you, Congressman Paul. You told me about this super committee. You know, I could never find anything in the Constitution that would satisfy, it seems to me, a reasonable man, namely myself, that there is any constitutional authority for fast track authority for trade agreements. This super committee seems that be in that vein; how will you perceive it?

Ron Paul: That is exactly right. It’s creating committees to do the job and assume the responsibility that Congress should do it. And you’re absolutely right on the trade agreements. I happen to think that these trade agreements and giving this responsibility to the executive branch is absolutely wrong. But it’s not the only area, I think writing regulations is actually writing laws, so I’m way back on what the executive branch should do. But now for the OMB [Office of Management and Budget], it looks to me like with this Super Congress and committee, that if we don’t vote for what they recommend, OMB gets a lot of power, and that’s part of the executive branch and who knows, that’s the area that I think where they may be raising revenues, closing loopholes. Who knows what they might be doing? But it is not a good sign for a constitutional government.

Lou Dobbs: And the Supreme Court has slapped down a lawsuit brought by states and environmental groups that sought to push powers over greenhouse emissions. And the opinion written by Justice Ginsburg made it very clear that the EPA is the source and force in establishing those regulations and enforcing them; a remarkable decision by the Supreme Court. What is your reaction?

Ron Paul: Well, I think it’s rather clear in Article 1 that the Congress is supposed to write the law. This whole idea that any bureaucracy, any agency of government can write all these regulations and they’re the law of the land. One of the most annoying statements I ever heard said was not only do they write the regulations, but what about the statement that Paul Begala said once, “Stroke of the pen, law of the land. Kind of cool.” You know, that tells you what the attitude is about what they think about the Congress and what they think about the American people and what they think about the Constitution.

Lou Dobbs: I think we should point out that was a very young and ebullient Paul Begala at that time.

Ron Paul: He’s settled down now.

Lou Dobbs: And you still recognize him as a fellow Texan, do you?

Ron Paul: Yeah, but I don’t know if he would recognize me, that’s the only thing.

Lou Dobbs: Well, even reluctantly, I’m sure there’s a reciprocity among Texans. Congressman, it’s great to have you with us, always good to talk with you, I appreciate it.

Ron Paul: Thank you, Lou.

Lou Dobbs: Congressman Ron Paul.

1. Finally an anchor that doesnt think hes crazy...

2. Joh Paul tell the people about THE WORLD BANK if they will let you that is.
    People need to know how the how the jobs got overseas and where the money came from. And the promise to repay in 20 yrs that come and go and they never do. Also how much are their salaries? We need to resolve THE WORLD BANK

3. Let's be honest almost everyone voted for Obama because he was black and we wanted to see what it would be like.

4. TELL IT, TELL IT
    RON PAUL CAN DO IT!
    AMERICA IS TIRED OF THE OBAMA BLUES!

5. You know what tho? I'd almost say the same thing if he WAS elected. A president is supposed to be the personification of the direction an entire country wants to go. It would be a battle of 99 percent vs. 1 percent. The problem is, the 1 percent has all the weapons in the world and the rest of us only have freedom in our arsenal. In the end I think Ron sees the risks of winning and makes that sacrifice for the rest of us.

6. Dr. Ron Paul,

Please wear a vest and head gear. I hear talk of the same less .

Stay safe and tyhank you for everything you are doing and have done.

Dr. Ron Paul America's Hero!

7. My reply below was in response to:

compukenny
    August 17, 2011 at 1:36 am |
    PLEASE>>>RON PAUL SUPPORTERS < <<

some states require you to declare a party to vote in the primary. If you are registered as a republican your OK. Democrats MUST register as a republican. Any doubts please check with your board of elections if you are not sure.

For some reason ir wouldn't post as a reply to compukenny:

I did not know please keep spreading this info. Thank you !

PS what is the fastest way to get it changed?

8. Thank you, I was always Republican until last year before I heard of Dr.Ron Paul. I need to get switched back.

I did not know please keep spreading this info. Thank you !

PS what is the fastest way to get it changed?

9. I can't vote next election I'll be one month too young :(

10. RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!!

11. PLEASE>>>RON PAUL SUPPORTERS < <<

12. Ron Paul 2012

13. As much as I want Ron to win, he won't. The behind the scenes shot callers can't allow it.

14. As much as I want Ron to win, he won't. The behind the scenes shot callers can't allow it.

15. LET'S GO RON PAUL!!!!

16. The title has a gayish connotation to it.

17. "Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their errors, but reclaim them by enlightening them. If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, Judges, and Governors, shall all become wolves." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Edward Carrington, 1787

18. Guys you must realize that Ron Paul's win isn't just a win for America, it can determine the faith of the whole world. World War III? Or Peace? Anyone Else, or Ron Paul?

YOU DECIDE!

19. His position on the mid east/Israel is basically trade with them, be friends with them, but don't tell them how to run their countries and let them fight their own battles.

20. So whats Ron Paul's position on the middle east or on Israel for that matter... I can see he cares about the american people and I respect that but if our freedom and liberty is presented to us by the lives of innocent women and children overseas... Then I want know part of it.. Btw I'm asking because I want to know more about Ron Paul, I am not accusing him of anything I just want some insight thats all...