55 responses to “Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s Running Mate in 2012?”

1. Parchet laminat

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot.

I hope to give something back and help others
    like you helped me.

2. BB Guns for Kids

Fantastic put up, very informative. I'm wondering why the other specialists of this sector do not realize this. You should proceed your writing. I'm confident, you have a huge readers' base already!|What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively useful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & aid other users like its aided me. Great job.

3. AzbPro

Jon Huntsman

4. ActiveDutySNCO

Part 3 of 3

AND MY PICK FOR VICE PRESIDENT:

Rand Paul - Reason(s): First, you must realize that the presidential race for Ron Paul will need continued excitement. Here we are, in December, realizing that we have collectively donated $14+ million so far and we understand that it's going to take much, much more for almost another full year of campaigning before it's said and done (I'm counting on the nomination!). Can you imagine, history being made?! For the first time, a father and son would be President and Vice President! The media wouldn't even think of ignoring that, how could they? Rand is an awesome speaker of liberty and will crush any other VP candidate, even Miss Hillary (I have a feeling that Obama will switch to her in order to try and make history again and also to give his candidacy some needed flare). Rand Paul could almost be a cut-out of his father (some worry about him turning into a neocon, I don't). His views are constitutional and libertarian oriented. 'They' don't have any dirt on him and you can be sure that there's nothing in the closet waiting to come out. Yes, he belonged to a college fraternity, and yes, 'they' tried to use some stupid frat stuff to discredit his campaign when he ran for senator. But the stories were false, and he gained more voters as they tried to ignore, then discredit him. I just don't think nothing could match the excitement of a constitutional father-son combo running for President & Vice President. When Dr. Ron Paul has finished being president, Rand Paul could run and we will have a chance to see 12-16 years of constitutional Pauls in office. A lot of bad can be reversed and good can be done if he were to pick his son Rand. Also, if there were ever to be a hit on Ron, Rand would take the seat right where his dad left off. If Dr. Paul picks someone else, we really don't know if that person will become a sellout, as the chances are definitely much greater.

5. ActiveDutySNCO

Part 2

Gary Johnson - Reason(s): I just don't know enough or hear enough about this guy, whether it's from main stream media or alternative media. And that's the problem... I don't really feel compelled to look into his views. I hear he's very constitutional, but no matter how good he may be, I think he's way too under the radar and he would not give the candidacy of Ron Paul any boost or enthusiasm, but possibly further alienate it.

Jesse Ventura - Reason(s): I love this guy. A former governor, wrestler and vet, he says what he means and means what he says, but sometimes what he says won't sit right with main stream media. I understand him, I'm awake, and I love his Conspiracy Theory show, but this will alienate the race (as it would if you had Alex Jones in your cabinet). If Ron Paul get's elected, he should find a place in there for Jesse - just after Ron gets elected.

Andrew Napolitano - Reason(s): Like Mr. Schiff, the good judge is not a politician, but a would make a damn good adviser, supreme court judge, or fill numerous positions in his cabinet. Maybe he too could move up from there later.

6. ActiveDutySNCO

Part 1

This is actually not too hard if you take some time to really think about it. The person I believe that he should pick is in the top ten in the poll. Let's look at the top 10.

First, here's who, I believe, he will NOT pick:

John Stossel - Reason(s): He's not a politician at all. He's just an amazing libertarian journalist, and, believe it or not, he's not well known enough outside of Fox Business News/ABC News despite his many Emmy nominations. The general public would consider him unqualified, although knowledgeable, and who knows what strange things his main stream media colleagues would exaggerate and drag into the light. He would possibly be qualified/overqualified for Press Secretary.

Herman Cain - Reason(s): Despite what some think, Cain is the worst possible running mate Dr. Paul could pick and anyone who truly knows what we and Dr. Paul stand for knows that Mr. Cain would NEVER be in his cabinet whatsoever - Herman Cain was/is a lobbyist and the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991. Enough said.

Colin Powell - Reason: Not a chance, he fell for the establishment "weapons of mass destruction" hoax when deciding to "sell the Iraq invasion to the public". Even if he has changed his mind and admitted being duped, we are still at war there; undeclared of course. His also for "some" gun control and flip-flops on several issues leaving people to wonder whether or not he is a actually a socialist democrat. Ron Paul wouldn't think of adding him to his cabinet.

Ralph Nader: Reason(s): He's older than Ron Paul by a year. He may mean well, but he'll join any party available in order to be a candidate. The establishment has succeeded at ignoring him, and the majority of the public will say "who?" and "wtf?".

Peter Schiff - Reason(s): Not a politician, but a would make a damn good adviser, treasury secretary, or federal reserve chairman until it is shutdown. Maybe he could move up from there later.

Dennis Kucinich - Reason(s): He's an awesome and strict constitutionalist for the most part, but a Democrat. He's got several of the same view points that Dr. Paul has and even Dr. Paul has said he would never rule Kucinich out of a (future) cabinet. Dennis is probably 2nd or 3rd in the top ten of this list that Ron Paul would choose as vice president. But, if he were to choose Kucinich, Paul would lose a lot of old time Republican voters he fought so hard to gain, but gain a lot of tired and awakening Democrats. I like him (2008 Democratic Convention speech) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qSHjc_OPbQ

7. peacem8ker6

I'd vote for Jesse Ventura over the other career politicians. I think Condi Rice would also make an awesome VP and prevent voters from going with Obama merely on the basis of race.

8. Joanna Works

Darrel Castle or Herman Cain.

Cain is the only one in the primaries other then Paul who is honest, intelagent, and sincer about serving the people and implamenting sound money plans.

9. Jesse

I think Dennis Kucinich (sp?) would make a good VP, precisely because they agree 100% on the issues which are most relevant: the federal reserve, and the wars. And they are both passionate about resolving these problems. At the same time they have very different points of view on other things, which in my opinion is a GOOD thing. You need different perspectives and people who will challenge one another. They would complement each other nicely, while at the same time embodying the same fundamental virtues.

10. Tractorhead

Steve Forbes if he is willing. Ron Paul is going to need a money man and I am all about that flat tax and eliminating the IRS as we know it. You buy something..you pay the tax. No loopholes..no tax returns. Less government in your life. That is what this platform is about isn't it? Jesse Ventura for heading up our military for sure. He would be a vert valuable cabinet member and able to help in many other areas.

11. Mike Mckenzie

Ron Paul 2012
    V.P. Jan Brewer she knows something about the Constitution
    Colin Powell Secretary of Defense he knows something about the military
    Jesse Ventura Secretary of state he knows how to scare the sh@t out of people
    There you have it.

12. divster

Herman Cain for running mate or say hello to more illegal alien neighbors.

13. WASP

Peter Schiff is the obvious top choice. He's a real-world CEO, for Christ's sakes.

For those unfamiliar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff#2010_U.S._Senate_campaign

14. A_G1RL

Deb Medina. She ran against Perry for Gov of TX.

15. Arlene

The Judge MUST be, either Pauls running mate, or head up the Dept. of Justice. I love Rand Paul, but he should not run with his father, for safety reasons. Besides, we need Rand in the Senate. Ron Paul for 8 years, Judge Nap for another 8 years and Rand Paul for another 8 years. Sounds good to me! God Bless Ron Paul and pray for him daily!

16. Dave L.

Here's my idea of a good administration:

Ron Paul: President
    Jesse Ventura: VP
    Dennis Kucinich: Secretary of State
    Colin Powel: Secertary of Defense
    John Stossel: Cheif of Staff
    Ralph Nader would also be good as maybe an advisor to the president of some sort. Gary Johnson would be good on the administration as well

I also agree that Napolitano would be good on the supreame court. This ticket is a balanced ticket and with Nader, Kucinich and even Ventura, Dr. Paul could get many progressive leaning independents and Democrats (like me) who are angry with Obama and the current Dems to vote for him.

17. Gently

he doesnt need a running mate. he could be pres and vicepres and cheif of staff all at once. One time, in 1985 ron paul sneezed while driving through the desert. They call that place "martha's vineyard" now!

I saw ron paul beat chuck norris in a fair fight!

Ron paul was the first astronaut. he didnt even need a helmet.

Ron paul can make onions cry.

every time ron paul blinks, a star is created

if you set your desktop background to a picture of ron paul , your computer instantly becomes skynet.

ron paul can see ultra-violet light

ron paul CAN talk about fight club.