55 responses to “Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s Running Mate in 2012?”

1. christian

If don’t know who they are at a glance they will likely not help a ticket.
    If I know who they are but do not like them they will distract and detract.
    If I know who they are and I like them, they are either Ron Paul or not in politics…

I guess that if this is the list I would give Sarah her shot at redemption. Imho the only thing holding RP back is that most people don’t know much about him and Sarah Palin could fix that real quick.

2. Anthony

Hello my fellow country men!! I see Ron Paul is starting to get through to Americans!! I love it, very exciting!!But like I always say in here.We The People need to get involved MORE!!!START NOW,put up signs in your local area..Card board and a staple gun,can reach MANY people..Girls,start going door to door.DO SOMETHING..Go to yahoo news,and post comments to the political stories..In support of Ron Paul..Give thums up to ALL Ron Paul supporters..Lets do this!!Liberty or Death!!!

3. Hank Xavier

No Debra Medina on this list?

4. John Lind

Ron Paul must point out that he started the tea party in 2007 when Michele Bachman was completely silent about Bush’s economic policies. Michele Bachman is also a lover of earmarks and Ron Paul has to call her out on that.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

5. Rebecca Quam

Judge Napolitano! The Federal Reserve would close their shop just thinking about the Judge becomming VP. Now I love Alex Jones(I do), but VP he is not suited for. Alex must fan the fires of the alternative media. I admire Lew Rockewell, yet journalism is his God given talent. Let me tell you something very important! Lew Rockwell is a CLOSE friend and former collegue of Ron Paul. Alex Jones is very good friends with Lew Rockwell. Alex and Lew were very close friends with Ted Gunderson. Ted died on July 31, 2011. May God rest his soul.! Ted convinced me to support Ron Paul. Ted made appearances on Alex’s show.(he even called Alex from his hospital bed) Let’s carry the tourch for Ted. He knew the truth about the corrupt government and this was BEFORE the internet.

Ron paul 2012! I dedicate this comment to the late Ted Gunderson.

from Rebecca

6. Joseph Saunders

Why is Dr Paul invited to the GOP debates?

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 25

1. TP

WHy are you invited to the Ron Paul website?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

7. John Lind

Important message to Ron Paul. Ron is right about saying that he can win, it is necessary that he says that, because beleiving is key to winning. Now it is also necessary that during the presidential candidate debate, that Ron Paul telling the voters that Rick Perry has worked for Al Gore. And Ron Paul have to watch Rick Perry in his eyes when he says this to get Rick Perry out of balance. When Mitt Romney talks about his Faith, Ron Paul has of curiousity slip in a question to Mitt Romney and ask him if it’s true that the Mormons claim that God, Jesus and Holy Spirit are three separate persons? When Mitt Romney answered that question, Mitt Romney will be out of the game. Ron Paul has to do this to win and save America.

8. Roman

Here is my list in descending order by preference.

Peter Schiff
    Rand Paul
    Colin Powell
    Jesse Ventura
    Herman Cain

9. Nick

Seriously… who put Alex Jones? That guy is a total fear mongering tool bag… He dodges questions and rebutals more than the people that he unfairly attacks with misleading questions. If Alex Jones was put anywhere near Ron Paul it would seriously hurt the movement… great hindrance… And Palin & Bachmann? Come onnnn…. Might as well put John Cena up there too!

10. Vincent Harris

Jim DeMint seems the most logical vice-presidential pick in this list. He has experience in the Senate, fits in with the establishment, the tea party and religious Republicans. As political analyst Juan Williams told Judge Napolitano on freedom watch some months ago, we need people that can move the ball across the field.

11. Whiskeybomb

I’m sorry as this may offend many here. The major problem with all the choices seen as a running mate is the issue of self responsibility. Where I agree with everything Ron Paul stands for, I do so because I have an instilled belief in self reliance due to the fact that I believe I am here for a purpose given to me from God. Our founders, though had many differing beliefs in the creator, all believed that the experiment of man ruling himself must accompany a virtuous moral people. I fear the biggest issue with Paul is that most in society now days no longer believe that; whether it be Christian or whatever, that we are really here for a purpose thus no longer except the fact that personal responsibility is actually a virtue. Although I have no wish to impose my beliefs on anyone else I do believe we need someone to lead in this manner, for just as Franklin believed, will elevate us out of our self rightneousness and allow for such a system of Liberty.

12. shane

how about marco rubio

13. DTM4U2

My #1 vote is for the Judge. Andrew Napolitano #2 would be Colin Powell or Herman Cain #3 Chris Christie. I think Rand Paul would be awesome but might turn voters off also Peter Schiff but not well enough known. It should be someone who would add to the ticket and garner more votes yet agrees with at least 90% of what Ron stands for. Gary Johnson also would be great but may not get more votes. ADDING votes should be the most important thing. Ron Paul 2012 for Americas future. Good luck Ron on the debate tomorrow night kill the competition. Please answer to the point and clearly for those who don’t know you yet. I think he has so much knowledge that his answers can be confusing to the masses who are seeing him for the first time. GREAT SOUND BITES= VOTES.

1. TP

SERIOUSLY, CHRIS CHRISTIE??? He’s destroying NJ!!

14. David

I wouldn’t mind seeing Dylan Ratigan on his VP ticket, though I severely doubt that would happen

15. David

I would like to see him run with Dylan Ratigan actually.

16. paul

here is the “perfect” Ron Paul Set up
    Ron Paul – President
    John Stossel – Vice President
    Peter Schiff – Federal Reserve chairman ( He would gladly allow an audit, which would allow congress to finally shut it down, after which Mr. Schiff would be appointed Treasury Secretary
    Judge Andrew Napolitano – Supreme Court Justice or Head of the F.B.I
    Jesse Ventura – Secretary of State
    Adam Kokesh – Secretary of Defense
    ..that is all i have for now though

17. PeoplePower

How about Judge Judy ? lol seriously I have no idea remember vote Ron Paul

Go Ron Paul :-)

18. Andrew Foy

It concerns me that so many people who follow this site would pick Dennis Kucinich as Ron Paul’s running mate. I agree with Kucinich’s view on national defense and realize it is similar to Dr. Paul’s but that is where the similarities end. In regard to domestic policy Kucinich is a statist who believes that individuals have a right to liberty (at least as it is defined by Dr. Paul and libertarians like myself) no more than our current President. In my opinion, the only other politician on this list who is really compatible with Dr. Paul is Gary Johnson.

So what’s the deal? I am legitimately curious to know why people who picked Kucinich picked him.

1. Kenny Link

Maybe that’s just what this country needs. A precedent setting executive hierarchy!! I think the R/D ticket could potentially yield more votes and maybe…just maybe lessen the chasm that is partisan politics. I also think that while Paul and Kucinich think alike on matters like foreign affairs, their ideology need not match up perfectly. Let’s face it, most VP’s are chosen for the amount of votes they can get the presidential candidate. Which makes me wonder what Biden grought to the Obama camp

19. Tom

I would suggest an honest leftist, like Cynthia McKinney or Dennis Kucinich, to win by a landslide and keep some balance thereafter. You might find more common ground than you suspect.

20. Herb Schaffler

I think Ron Paul should appoint Andrew Napolitano as his first Supreme Court nominee.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

21. Herb Schaffler

Gary Johnson is good. John Stossel is well liked and would bring alot of support to the ticket. Walter Williams would take some black support away from Obama and would be a good education for alot of blacks to the importance of free market economics.

22. Ross Johnson

The choice is not just about ability.It is also about integrity and allegiance to the US people.The era of “Greed is good.” has ended.

When the wheels of civilisation fall off and the skills, knowledge, integrity,honesty and work ethic is lost, a new dark age heralds.No amount of money will bring that back.

Once we lose our way,it may take centuries to reach some semblance of decency once again.

23. hughes

I think peter schiff should get the nod…….paul and schiff would make a great economic duo!

24. WE THE PEOPLE

Most of the hacks on that list aren’t qualified on account of being corporate owned.
    The prospects that I would favor are the Judge or Lou Dobbs.

You can rule out Bachmann and Palin for mental reasons.One’s a schitzo (hears voices)and the other is a moron. Two people you wouldn’t want within a country mile of anything important.

Folks like Pawlenty and the televangelist/Huckster wouldn’t fit Paul’s ideology.

Demint and Ryan are fascists and totally unelectable.

I believe that Ron Paul could win with either Napolitano or Dobbs.

25. matt

As much as I wish that the Judge would be the Vice P… I dont only for the fact that i almost see him better suited to be a Supreme Court Justice, if there was a slot for him. But other than that, i think he would be a great VP. He is a great guy.
    I like Ventura because he is an x-green beret special forces for Vietnam, Governor of Minnesota, and he would be able to protect Ron Paul from the Banksters hopefully.
    I like both Stossel and Woods and JOhnson and Schiff but hate Cain hate Bachmann.

26. Dan Zeh

The J U D G E

27. Brandon Lee

I know this sounds unorthodox but I think Ralph Nader would make an excellent running mate!

28. Donna Mills

The “no pork King” JEFF FLAKE, of course.

29. Korey

My #1 pick at the moment is Tom Woods. He’s a brilliant speaker and debater, he’s got great charisma, and his relatively young age would help to offset the critics who might claim that Ron Paul is “too old”. In my opinion, there’s no one more perfect for the job.

However, Judge Napolitano is definitely a close second, and I certainly wouldn’t complain about that choice.

30. David

Adam Kokesh is a decent option too, or Richard Maybury!

31. Ed

Draft Colin Powell

32. David

I totally agree with William, Judge Napolitano is the man!

33. William Bryant

I’ve thought it for a long time but Judge Napolitano would be perfect!

34. Americans for Ron Paul 2012

I didn’t see my choice on there so I will go ahead and write him in……
    Adam Kokesh

35. Anon Ymous

Seeing Michelle Bachmann as third severely disturbs me.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 31 Thumb down 1