Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s Running Mate in 2012?

If Ron Paul wins the Republican primary, who should he choose as his running mate for the 2012 general election?

This poll was open from August 9 – August 16. The results are displayed below.

[poll id=”25″]

1. here is the "perfect" Ron Paul Set up
    Ron Paul - President
    John Stossel - Vice President
    Peter Schiff - Federal Reserve chairman ( He would gladly allow an audit, which would allow congress to finally shut it down, after which Mr. Schiff would be appointed Treasury Secretary
    Judge Andrew Napolitano - Supreme Court Justice or Head of the F.B.I
    Jesse Ventura - Secretary of State
    Adam Kokesh - Secretary of Defense
    ..that is all i have for now though

2. How about Judge Judy ? lol seriously I have no idea remember vote Ron Paul

Go Ron Paul :-)

3. It concerns me that so many people who follow this site would pick Dennis Kucinich as Ron Paul's running mate. I agree with Kucinich's view on national defense and realize it is similar to Dr. Paul's but that is where the similarities end. In regard to domestic policy Kucinich is a statist who believes that individuals have a right to liberty (at least as it is defined by Dr. Paul and libertarians like myself) no more than our current President. In my opinion, the only other politician on this list who is really compatible with Dr. Paul is Gary Johnson.

So what's the deal? I am legitimately curious to know why people who picked Kucinich picked him.

• Maybe that's just what this country needs. A precedent setting executive hierarchy!! I think the R/D ticket could potentially yield more votes and maybe...just maybe lessen the chasm that is partisan politics. I also think that while Paul and Kucinich think alike on matters like foreign affairs, their ideology need not match up perfectly. Let's face it, most VP's are chosen for the amount of votes they can get the presidential candidate. Which makes me wonder what Biden grought to the Obama camp

4. I would suggest an honest leftist, like Cynthia McKinney or Dennis Kucinich, to win by a landslide and keep some balance thereafter. You might find more common ground than you suspect.

5. I think Ron Paul should appoint Andrew Napolitano as his first Supreme Court nominee.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

6. Gary Johnson is good. John Stossel is well liked and would bring alot of support to the ticket. Walter Williams would take some black support away from Obama and would be a good education for alot of blacks to the importance of free market economics.

7. The choice is not just about ability.It is also about integrity and allegiance to the US people.The era of "Greed is good." has ended.

When the wheels of civilisation fall off and the skills, knowledge, integrity,honesty and work ethic is lost, a new dark age heralds.No amount of money will bring that back.

Once we lose our way,it may take centuries to reach some semblance of decency once again.

8. I think peter schiff should get the nod.......paul and schiff would make a great economic duo!

9. Most of the hacks on that list aren't qualified on account of being corporate owned.
    The prospects that I would favor are the Judge or Lou Dobbs.

You can rule out Bachmann and Palin for mental reasons.One's a schitzo (hears voices)and the other is a moron. Two people you wouldn't want within a country mile of anything important.

Folks like Pawlenty and the televangelist/Huckster wouldn't fit Paul's ideology.

Demint and Ryan are fascists and totally unelectable.

I believe that Ron Paul could win with either Napolitano or Dobbs.

10. As much as I wish that the Judge would be the Vice P... I dont only for the fact that i almost see him better suited to be a Supreme Court Justice, if there was a slot for him. But other than that, i think he would be a great VP. He is a great guy.
    I like Ventura because he is an x-green beret special forces for Vietnam, Governor of Minnesota, and he would be able to protect Ron Paul from the Banksters hopefully.
    I like both Stossel and Woods and JOhnson and Schiff but hate Cain hate Bachmann.

11. The J U D G E

12. I know this sounds unorthodox but I think Ralph Nader would make an excellent running mate!

13. The "no pork King" JEFF FLAKE, of course.

14. My #1 pick at the moment is Tom Woods. He's a brilliant speaker and debater, he's got great charisma, and his relatively young age would help to offset the critics who might claim that Ron Paul is "too old". In my opinion, there's no one more perfect for the job.

However, Judge Napolitano is definitely a close second, and I certainly wouldn't complain about that choice.

15. Adam Kokesh is a decent option too, or Richard Maybury!

16. Draft Colin Powell

17. I totally agree with William, Judge Napolitano is the man!

18. I've thought it for a long time but Judge Napolitano would be perfect!

19. I didn't see my choice on there so I will go ahead and write him in......
    Adam Kokesh

20. Seeing Michelle Bachmann as third severely disturbs me.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 31 Thumb down 1