Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s Running Mate in 2012?

If Ron Paul wins the Republican primary, who should he choose as his running mate for the 2012 general election?

This poll was open from August 9 – August 16. The results are displayed below.

[poll id=”25″]

1. Peter Schiff is the obvious top choice. He's a real-world CEO, for Christ's sakes.

For those unfamiliar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff#2010_U.S._Senate_campaign

2. Deb Medina. She ran against Perry for Gov of TX.

3. The Judge MUST be, either Pauls running mate, or head up the Dept. of Justice. I love Rand Paul, but he should not run with his father, for safety reasons. Besides, we need Rand in the Senate. Ron Paul for 8 years, Judge Nap for another 8 years and Rand Paul for another 8 years. Sounds good to me! God Bless Ron Paul and pray for him daily!

4. Here's my idea of a good administration:

Ron Paul: President
    Jesse Ventura: VP
    Dennis Kucinich: Secretary of State
    Colin Powel: Secertary of Defense
    John Stossel: Cheif of Staff
    Ralph Nader would also be good as maybe an advisor to the president of some sort. Gary Johnson would be good on the administration as well

I also agree that Napolitano would be good on the supreame court. This ticket is a balanced ticket and with Nader, Kucinich and even Ventura, Dr. Paul could get many progressive leaning independents and Democrats (like me) who are angry with Obama and the current Dems to vote for him.

5. he doesnt need a running mate. he could be pres and vicepres and cheif of staff all at once. One time, in 1985 ron paul sneezed while driving through the desert. They call that place "martha's vineyard" now!

I saw ron paul beat chuck norris in a fair fight!

Ron paul was the first astronaut. he didnt even need a helmet.

Ron paul can make onions cry.

every time ron paul blinks, a star is created

if you set your desktop background to a picture of ron paul , your computer instantly becomes skynet.

ron paul can see ultra-violet light

ron paul CAN talk about fight club.

6. If don't know who they are at a glance they will likely not help a ticket.
    If I know who they are but do not like them they will distract and detract.
    If I know who they are and I like them, they are either Ron Paul or not in politics...

I guess that if this is the list I would give Sarah her shot at redemption. Imho the only thing holding RP back is that most people don't know much about him and Sarah Palin could fix that real quick.

7. Hello my fellow country men!! I see Ron Paul is starting to get through to Americans!! I love it, very exciting!!But like I always say in here.We The People need to get involved MORE!!!START NOW,put up signs in your local area..Card board and a staple gun,can reach MANY people..Girls,start going door to door.DO SOMETHING..Go to yahoo news,and post comments to the political stories..In support of Ron Paul..Give thums up to ALL Ron Paul supporters..Lets do this!!Liberty or Death!!!

8. No Debra Medina on this list?

9. Ron Paul must point out that he started the tea party in 2007 when Michele Bachman was completely silent about Bush's economic policies. Michele Bachman is also a lover of earmarks and Ron Paul has to call her out on that.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

10. Judge Napolitano! The Federal Reserve would close their shop just thinking about the Judge becomming VP. Now I love Alex Jones(I do), but VP he is not suited for. Alex must fan the fires of the alternative media. I admire Lew Rockewell, yet journalism is his God given talent. Let me tell you something very important! Lew Rockwell is a CLOSE friend and former collegue of Ron Paul. Alex Jones is very good friends with Lew Rockwell. Alex and Lew were very close friends with Ted Gunderson. Ted died on July 31, 2011. May God rest his soul.! Ted convinced me to support Ron Paul. Ted made appearances on Alex's show.(he even called Alex from his hospital bed) Let's carry the tourch for Ted. He knew the truth about the corrupt government and this was BEFORE the internet.

Ron paul 2012! I dedicate this comment to the late Ted Gunderson.

from Rebecca

11. Why is Dr Paul invited to the GOP debates?

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 25

12. Important message to Ron Paul. Ron is right about saying that he can win, it is necessary that he says that, because beleiving is key to winning. Now it is also necessary that during the presidential candidate debate, that Ron Paul telling the voters that Rick Perry has worked for Al Gore. And Ron Paul have to watch Rick Perry in his eyes when he says this to get Rick Perry out of balance. When Mitt Romney talks about his Faith, Ron Paul has of curiousity slip in a question to Mitt Romney and ask him if it's true that the Mormons claim that God, Jesus and Holy Spirit are three separate persons? When Mitt Romney answered that question, Mitt Romney will be out of the game. Ron Paul has to do this to win and save America.

13. Here is my list in descending order by preference.

Peter Schiff
    Rand Paul
    Colin Powell
    Jesse Ventura
    Herman Cain

14. Seriously... who put Alex Jones? That guy is a total fear mongering tool bag... He dodges questions and rebutals more than the people that he unfairly attacks with misleading questions. If Alex Jones was put anywhere near Ron Paul it would seriously hurt the movement... great hindrance... And Palin & Bachmann? Come onnnn.... Might as well put John Cena up there too!

15. Jim DeMint seems the most logical vice-presidential pick in this list. He has experience in the Senate, fits in with the establishment, the tea party and religious Republicans. As political analyst Juan Williams told Judge Napolitano on freedom watch some months ago, we need people that can move the ball across the field.

16. I'm sorry as this may offend many here. The major problem with all the choices seen as a running mate is the issue of self responsibility. Where I agree with everything Ron Paul stands for, I do so because I have an instilled belief in self reliance due to the fact that I believe I am here for a purpose given to me from God. Our founders, though had many differing beliefs in the creator, all believed that the experiment of man ruling himself must accompany a virtuous moral people. I fear the biggest issue with Paul is that most in society now days no longer believe that; whether it be Christian or whatever, that we are really here for a purpose thus no longer except the fact that personal responsibility is actually a virtue. Although I have no wish to impose my beliefs on anyone else I do believe we need someone to lead in this manner, for just as Franklin believed, will elevate us out of our self rightneousness and allow for such a system of Liberty.

17. how about marco rubio

18. My #1 vote is for the Judge. Andrew Napolitano #2 would be Colin Powell or Herman Cain #3 Chris Christie. I think Rand Paul would be awesome but might turn voters off also Peter Schiff but not well enough known. It should be someone who would add to the ticket and garner more votes yet agrees with at least 90% of what Ron stands for. Gary Johnson also would be great but may not get more votes. ADDING votes should be the most important thing. Ron Paul 2012 for Americas future. Good luck Ron on the debate tomorrow night kill the competition. Please answer to the point and clearly for those who don't know you yet. I think he has so much knowledge that his answers can be confusing to the masses who are seeing him for the first time. GREAT SOUND BITES= VOTES.

19. I wouldn't mind seeing Dylan Ratigan on his VP ticket, though I severely doubt that would happen

20. I would like to see him run with Dylan Ratigan actually.