Ron Paul: Congressman, Physician, and Leader of a Revolution

Transcript

Kristine Frazao: He is a force to be reckoned with. A three-time Presidential Candidate, Congressman from Texas, OB-Gyn doctor, and leader of a revolution.

Talk Show Host (video footage): We’re talking with Congressman Ron Paul.

Kristine Frazao: Ron Paul is now in Iowa…

Talk Show Host (video footage): Live from the Iowa State Fair.

Kristine Frazao: … at it again, campaigning for 2012.

Ron Paul (video footage): The booms and bust comes from a failed monetary system.

Kristine Frazao: And once again, his fans have come from all corners of the country to hear his message and show support.

Supporter 1: I’m from Kansas City, Missouri, and we’re here to support Ron Paul.

Supporter 2: Myself and my family of four kids and my wife drove from Las Vegas.

Kristine Frazao: A long-time critic of the federal government…

Ron Paul (video footage): The Constitution gives no authority for the federal government to run our educational systems, and they shouldn’t be doing it!

Kristine Frazao: … his policies are often called “radical.”

Ron Paul (video footage): Just think of how many nuclear weapons surround Iran. The Chinese are there. The Indians are there. The Pakistanis are there. The Israelis are there. The United States is there. All these countries—China has nuclear weapons. Why wouldn’t it be natural if they might want a weapon?

Kristine Frazao: But many of his anti-establishment ideas are becoming increasingly mainstream, as more and more Americans reject the status quo of past decades—especially his views on US foreign policy; in particular, the US role in Iraq and Afghanistan resonate with voters.

Ron Paul (video footage): I don’t believe our national security required it. I think we’re less safe for it. The threat of terrorism is related to our foreign policy. So I feel less safe because we’re over there. I never feel safer for the foreign policy that we have today.

Kristine Frazao: While often doubted by the mainstream media…

Reporter 1: If I was a betting woman, I’d say Ron Paul doesn’t have a chance–unfortunately for you. But who—is there a lack of enthusiasm over some of the top tier GOP candidates?

Reporter 2: Another question about electability: Do you have any, sir? There is always the question as to whether or not you are, in fact, viable.

Reporter 3: Looks like they paid more attention to you this time around.

Ron Paul: Oh, yeah. They’re moving my way.

Kristine Frazao: … his fans are some of the most loyal in American political history…

Supporter 2: We’ve been following Ron Paul since 1986.

Kristine Frazao: … perhaps, since he was here:

Morton Downey, Jr. (video footage): Congressman Paul—or I should say, Ron—you’re running for the Presidency of the United States.

Supporter 2: For thirty years, he’s not flip-flopped on anything except the death penalty. Everything else, strict Constitutional—Robert Taft, Barry Goldwater. So at least you know what you’re dealing with.

Kristine Frazao: And despite his 75 years, many of his fans look like this:

Supporter 3: He’s the man. He needs to be president.

Supporter 4: Well I think he’s a smart guy, and I think he would change things that need to be changed.

Supporter 5: Personally I would have described myself, prior to seeing Ron Paul in the 2008 election cycle, as a liberal Democrat. But I saw him up on stage talking against the wars, against these violations of our civil liberties. I’m like, “Why aren’t the Democrats saying this?”

Kristine Frazao: … or even this:

Supporter 6: We need to fix the country. We’ve maxed out our debt ceiling as it is. And then we’re in too many countries.

Kristine Frazao: And this is where it all happens: The famous Iowa Straw Poll, here at Iowa State University. Now Ron Paul has reportedly already sold thousands of tickets. This is where I’ll be spending most of tomorrow, as people cast their votes. Most people here think he will do exceptionally well. The question is, Can he come in first? It’s an answer we’ll have to wait till tomorrow to find out. Reporting in Ames, Iowa, Kristine Frazao, RT.

1. without money.

2. He is a legend, finally he gets credits. Vote USA, vote for all the world. Ron Paul, a new president of USA.

3. He is a legend, finally he gets credits. Vote USA, vote for all the world. Ron Paul, a new president of USA.

4. He is a legend, finally he gets credits. Vote USA, vote for all the world. Ron Paul, a new president of USA.

5. The number of Ron Paul supporters equals the number of smart people :)

6. RON PAUL 2012
    THE REVOLUTION CONTINUES

7. WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE REPORTED AT THE END? CHRISTINE WHAT?

8. Ron Paul talk like those founding Fathers that they put their lives to establish the foundation to build this grate nation without fear and any expectations for personal gains. He is the only hope we have hope and pray for his safty.

9. Real journalism looks strange when seeing American issues covered. The MSM hypes up an agenda 24/7 with no thought of actual journalistic reporting. RT will probably lie it's ass off about Russia though. That's just fine with me. They need to get major cable with this

10. Real journalism looks strange when seeing American issues covered. The MSM hypes up an agenda 24/7 with no thought of actual journalistic reporting. RT will probably lie it's ass off about Russia though. That's just fine with me. They need to get major cable with this

11. the indians have nukes? i didnt know that, *cough* new sarah palin

12. anyone smart enough to use the internet to research the current series of global problems will come to the conclusion that Ron Paul is the only answer.

13. How do Palin, Perry and Trump manage to get all the media attention when this guy is the only person running on the republican side who didn't just recently come to hold all the positions he's espousing? The republican field this year is the biggest bunch of out the side of their mouth talkers ever assembled on a stage, except for Ron Paul. I say this as a registered Democrat, frustrated that all the media coverage on Huff Post and MSNBC is foolishness and non-issues. I'm donating to the Paul campaign because he's the only person who debates issues that effect the country and debates them honestly, even when his opinion isn't popular.

14. Ron Paul is the only politician I've ever known or heard of that can only be accurately described as honest. I also find it continuously amazing that I learn from this man, this politician. I can only hope, with everything inside me, that he wins the nomination because I suspect that not only would he win the general election but on the road to that victory he'd expose Obama as the incompetent, undeserving, wannabe dictator that he is.

15. Go to Deviant Art . com and type in my name and get the newest Ron Paul Sketch!

16. Wow RT again I am impressed with you. When the MSM mostly ignores him you report on how he is a serious contender. That would never come out of the mouths of MSM anchors.

Thank you for the honest report.

17. Ron paul 2012 yeah its smart and the right thing to do

18. Time to vote for Ron Paul and stop fighting wars in the Middle East for Jews and Israel.

19. When King Midas touched Ron Paul.... nothing happened.

20. Did you know Ron Paul had a role in star wars?...He was the force.