Ron Paul on FEMA, Inflation and 2012 Campaign

Transcript

This is a rush transcript. If you notice any errors please report them using the “Help improve this post” link at the bottom of this post.

Neil Cavuto: After Irene, you pay. But Ron Paul says you better not, we better not. The presidential candidate was loud and clear: the government in the big disaster relief business is bad and now bust. Congressman, good to have you. So you’re saying this whole FEMA thing is something that was manufactured and has gotten bigger than it’s worth?

Ron Paul: Yea, I think it was very misleading, it’s always like a government program that promises to do wonderful things. But the whole principle of FEMA and the flood insurance program is deeply flawed because it’s enticing people to build in areas that the market is saying is unsafe and the insurance is too expensive. So it’s a type of a welfare program where people go in, they can’t afford it, and then the government goes in debt bailing everybody out and cleaning it up. But the worst part is the bureaucracy of it all, the central economic planning and the control they have on land later on that bothers me. Governors can take care of these kinds of problems if we would allow it to be that they kept these National Guard units in their state where they could use them if they needed some emergency help.

Neil Cavuto: What if the states are broke? Haven’t we fostered a sort of a weaning process here for governors to have to hit up the federal government for money?

Ron Paul: Yea, but where is the government going to get the money from, the federal government is broke too, they don’t have any money in the bank and we’re 14 trillion dollars in debt. Now the one thing I have done and since I have a coastal district, and I have Galveston, when this issue comes up, I say, “Yea, I’ll vote for the funding if you take it from some place and save enough where you can cut the deficit”. I’d save some program from spending overseas a billion dollars, put half of it towards the deficit, put 500 million dollars into one of these programs like this. But you just can’t keep spending, this is the problem, it’s always nobody can deny it.

Neil Cavuto: That’s where you look, fairly or not, I know what you’re saying, Congressman, as much as I was telling Governor Johnson, “He’s heartless, look at all this suffering, look at all these folks who are hurting and some of them in areas that normally don’t get hurricanes so there was no way to prepare for this, so we got to help them out”. What say you?

Ron Paul: Well, what I say is if you continue to do what we’re doing, the suffering is going to be much, much worse.

Neil Cavuto: How so, how so?

Ron Paul: Because we won’t have any money, we’ll just print the money, it will lose its value, you’ll have runaway inflate. And even the people in Social Security will get checks, but the standard of living will go down; it’s already started. And the economic consequences of a currency crisis is much worse than people dealing with these problems at a local level. But the bureaucratic method of doing this at the federal level is just not the way to go. I had more complaints about FEMA in my district than all the other agencies of government put together.

Neil Cavuto: Oh, I believe that.

Ron Paul: I mean, just think of all this stories told about what went on in New Orleans with …

Neil Cavuto: I know you’re right, Congressman, but can I just ask something, because I was with Governor Johnson, and you’ve been a victim of this to a lesser extent, obviously. But this “who’s invited, who’s not invited” to a debate. He’s not invited when you are, but no one takes you seriously even though you register quite well in the polls, you’ve been on this show many, many times, people love you. And I have this theory that people just sort of marginalize if you’re not in the top two. And then you get in top three and they say, “We’re only talking about the top 2, not top 3″. So there’s no way for you to win. And now I had a theory on the (?) thing which could apply to you, but another theory is that they’re run out of podiums, there are only so many podiums. What the hell is it?

Ron Paul: Well, I guess you can’t have a debate with 25, and if you had, everybody that signed up to run, then you have to do something about it. But I heard your little comments with Garry a few minutes ago, and I don’t think you had him, but you could have had… he was a Governor for 8 years.

Neil Cavuto: Absolutely. And I’m saying it’s not as if we have 50 people running, we could put all of you in our conference room. I mean, they’re a lot of you, but there aren’t so many that it would be unwieldy. And I’m saying that if given the chance, if people hear you out and they’re intrigued by what you have to say, people hear Governor Johnson and they’re intrigued by what he has to say, I’m not here to say either one of you should be president, I am here to say that you should have your day in the proverbial court where people can get to hear you and not be blocked hearing you.

Ron Paul: And I like interviews like you do much better, because I don’t know how much the debates accomplish; I guess they accomplish something. But there has to be a better way. My personal desires are to have more interviews where I’m allowed to answer the questions and people get to notice and they should make sure that all the candidates get those interviews.

Neil Cavuto: Yea, but when they’re blocked, you know, it’s not fair, it’s not right. You just a created a groundswell, the governor might be able to do that, but it’s a sad way to go that you have to create your own momentum, is what I’m saying. And if we had this sort of structure at the time of Abraham Lincoln, we’d never gotten Abraham Lincoln.

Ron Paul: He probably wouldn’t have made it.

Neil Cavuto: No, no. Congressman, it’s always good to have you on, thank you very, very much.

Ron Paul: Thank you.

• StopTheMorons

Perry at 29%? W.T.F.I.T.S? This is so badly fixed. Nobody even knows who Perry is!

If Ron Paul can’t win, it’s only because the election has been predetermined by the tyrants.

• joshfif

like this video, rate it, share these to facebook…spread ron paul to the masses

• linvann69

Fox is working well for ron paul

• MrRayRPh

Dr. Paul’s supporters are solid…and we are growing!

We are all losing our currency and all of us are going to feel the pain…let’s hope we have some time before it breaks…let’s hope there is time for a Ron Paul.

I like to think I gain a couple Dr. Paul supporters daily…

• 09051961butts

VOTE RON PAUL 2012!
    AMERICA HAS THE OBAMA BLUES
    LISTEN TO OBAMA BLUES BY HERSHEL BUTTS

• chronofusion

and again with the ” so there’s no way for you to win” ah..BULLSHIT.. only difference between you and O reilly is how polite you at least try to be..you and o Reilly , cavuto, are overall the same bs media. Oreilly just refuses to give an ounce of credibile compliments where as cavuto at least tries. Either way..you’re either honest or not. there is no half assing it. I prefer judge andrew napolitano and his team be the ONLY media, in msm tv media. .PERIOD. Freedom Watch…need i say more.

• chronofusion

fox claims perry at 29% and paul only at 13% yet OVER 75% of ALL internet users online favor RP over ALL OTHER CANDIDATES COMBINED and guess what in america over 80% of all people HAVE INTERNET ACCESS…GEEE..HUMMM…is fox and the rest of msm STILL BULLSHITTING DR PAUL’S numbers? what else is new. ” oh yes..mr paul you’re right.and blah lbha blah..and suck suck suck up” to dr paul’s face..but when he’s not on the show ” they rarely or often DONT even mention his name. two faced tards!

• ghostfacekhila

I am suggesting every progress dem to switch to republican for the primary. Obama is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Politics is politics but I’m hoping Ron Paul can end the imperial presidency / too big to fail rule hegemony.

• hmac2222

2:56 LOL

• pkpapers

Love that Fed! Print money, go to WW I. Print money, go to WW II. Print money, go to WW III. Love that Fed!

• iamsupaman420

Not attacking Cavuto here, because I think he personally has always been pretty cool with Dr. Paul, but it’s fucking HILARIOUS to see Fox trying to make it seem that they’ve never “hidden” Ron Paul from the public, now after that the Daily Show episode with Jon Stewart…

• phantomcharger

hell of a job brownie!…. hell of a job, lol

dump the program, and add 20 more with it

• phantomcharger

Gary Johnson is getting the same stick in the same place at Ron Paul.

the more I learn about Johnson, the more I like the idea of a Paul/Johnson ticket.
    if the media, and both parties don’t like you, you must be a good guy.

• marcscalera

Fox Business Channel may not be popular but it is better than nothing.

• captkirkconnell

I doubt if any politicians other than Ron Paul actually want to be president in 2012.
    They know the off Constitution contraption is destined to colapse. The rioters will drag them out of the whitehouse . The “establishment can not even go to town hall meetings now, what you think when their ration of food stamps will not buy a gallon of milk.
    Perry will run for a few more months then some other will run. Ron Paul would have popular support in a collapse.

• 1kingconan

finally the corrupt news are giving ron a tiny bit of publicity.

• variezn34gm

Beam me UP

• ganjamerch

STOP THE FEMA CAMPS

• CapumOfOuttaSpace

Closing comments about Lincoln are so sad but so true

• KingOfTrollTube