167 responses to “Force vs. Reason: Rick Perry Gets in Ron Paul’s Face”

1. Shikutz

I saw a post earlier that asked for the audio, it seems really important to know what was said during that exchange. Does anyone know if Dr. Paul or any other source has reported on the verbal exchange here?

2. James

Imagine the difference if it were Ron Paul who had confronted Perry… these pictures WOULD be all over the news.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 1

3. William

I just wanted to say that if Perry had placed his hand on a law enforcement officer, the way he did in the picture, it would constitute assault on a law enforcement officer. I don’t know the full details of the exchange, but the pictures sure make it look like Perry was trying to intimidate or menace Dr. Paul. (And apparently Dr. Paul’s bodyguard thought the same) My 57 year old mother, while amiably speaking with a police officer, put her hand on the officer’s hand and he told her to get her hands off him and that it could be considered assault! Are there similar laws protecting Federal representatives from uninvited physical contact? Not that Dr. Paul would seriously consider charges, but it might make Perry think twice about attempting to intimidate those with opposing ideas.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 1

1. Raymund Dela Cruz

My understanding of assault is that a bystander can press charges if we witness assault or feel that a person is intentional causing fear/ intimidation. Battery is the actual “touching”. Ron Paul does not have to press charges but the millions of views can.
      Here is the Wikipedia definition of assault. “In law, assault is a crime causing a victim to fear violence. The term is often confused with battery, which is the actual “touching”. The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force.[1][2] Assault in some US jurisdictions[which?] is defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent;[3][4][5] but in the majority of the United States and in England & Wales and all other common law jurisdictions in the world, this is defined instead as battery. Some jurisdictions have incorporated the definition of civil assault into the definition of the crime making it a criminal assault to intentionally cause another person to apprehend a harmful or offensive contact.”

4. nathan v

This is where Ron Paul suporters will demonstrate their power to the main stream media before the election. They think we are over sensitive about media coverage? What if Perry grabbed Bachman? If her bodyguard had to step up to her defense it would have been above the fold of every newspaper. Ron Paul won the MSNBC poll by a landslide, but nobody mentions that. We are used to this type of mis-treatment of Dr. Paul..but Perry just made his life on the campaign trail a nightmare. Perry just galvanized himself as an enemy of liberty by looking like a bully no matter what he intended to convey by pointing his finger in Dr. Pauls face. Most of the county does not realize that this is a revolution. Keep your stinking paw off the good doctor, you damned dirty ape!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 22 Thumb down 0

5. Cody

Does that second picture look photoshopped to anyone else? Like Perry’s left arm is crazy black, and Ron Paul’s arm has disappeared. Whats the deal?

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 3 Thumb down 17

1. WE THE PEOPLE

Doesn’t look at all like it was photo-shopped.
      It looks like a neocon taking exception to Ron Paul’s message.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 2

2. Cody

Scratch that, just crazy lighting.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

1. Jim Jones

Are you crazy man? That’s obviously the photo of a weather balloon.

6. William Ortman

Scary. What happened with that Dr.?

7. Marcus

We need more info on this. Because if it’s as bad as it looks, this needs to be front page news or needs to show up in a television ad soon. Rick Perry…you stink.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 33 Thumb down 0

8. David Hutchison

The establishment media and the federal government are one in the same. They are out to surpress the truth so they push the agenda of the globalist. Then try to belittle and undermine Congressman Ron Paul. Turn off your TV to avoid the brainwashing of politics. The truth will set you free!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 0

9. Pam Montgomery

I’m a Mississippi River Iowan.

10. WE THE PEOPLE

And I thought John McCain was a little loosely wrapped!
    Couple this behavior with his idea that juvenile girls should have forced vaccinations and you see a clear tendency toward a dictatorial attitude.
    We already had one of those dictator/thugs from Texas stinking up the White House.
    And before anyone makes the excuse that he backed off on the forced vaccinations, ask yourself, what if the public pressure wouldn’t have been so great?And remember he pushed that policy in the first place.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 30 Thumb down 0

1. WE THE PEOPLE

And he did this with an executive order. Where have I heard that before about a politician from Texas? The parallels are getting more clear. People wonder about Perry’s ties to Al Gore. I’m more worried about him being another neocon dictator.
      If he gets elected maybe Perry could bring back the chickenhawks like Cheney,Rumsfeld,Wolfowitz,and Perle and piss away more money we don’t have maintaining the empire.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

11. anonymous

lol I wonder how much media coverage this would’ve gotten if Perry did this to Bachman…

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 29 Thumb down 2

12. Nicky Nelson

This behavior by the evil asshole that works for Bilderberg is completely unacceptable and will NOT be tolerated. This crosses the line! Gloves are off!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 3

1. Nicky Nelson

Oops, that was not my profile, but I still mean it!

13. LET FREEDOM RING

Elder health

Rick Perry doesn’t know sh!t. How dare he touch my President!!
    I am feeling a little kung fuey :-) but Ron Paul a man of Integrity <3

Ron Paul I Love You. I would take a bullet for you. America needs U.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 33 Thumb down 0

14. JCE

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!! Are we going to be hypocrites and do the opposite of what we preach?! Do we preemptively attack when threatened or do we defend ourselves when really attacked?! JEEEEZZZ!!!!

15. Kathyjlo

I wish Ron Paul would have busted out with some Kung Fu! Biatch slapped Perry and said “How ya Like me now Punk?”

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 22 Thumb down 4

1. LET FREEDOM RING

I have to agree!!

That’s why we love Kung Fu!!

Ron Paul 2012

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

16. Megan Farrar

Why isn’t this front page news?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 46 Thumb down 1

17. debbie pizzat

Wow! Can we get any audio on that conversation?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 38 Thumb down 0

1. Anna

This was filmed by MSM. I’m amazed the photos even made it out.

18. Josh Doohen

Rick Perry juts drips of puke. I can’t believe hardly a word he says, can’t believe some Americans do. Who grabs someone elses arm, Rick is just a scared bully with some financial thugs to support him. People are starting to see the mess we are in. Ron just keep pushing through buddy!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 32 Thumb down 0

19. William

Get your hands off my President, Perry! Or Dr. Paul will beat you down with the Constitution.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 47 Thumb down 1

20. Dug

Ron Paul’s body guard should of kicked perry’s ass! thats what you pay him for!
    Perry should of been saying “Don’t tazz me bro!”

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 27 Thumb down 3

21. Stephanie

“Humanity marches on. You can fight it, or fight for it. When we say revolution, we say it with love.” – Adam Kokesh

Ron Paul 2012!

22. New Ron Paul Supporter

Maybe Rick Perry was inviting Ron Paul to pray for the country. Haha!

23. Pam Montgomery

Let me start by saying I’m a registered Democrat. My husband and I both worked very hard for President Obama in 2008. I remember how elated we were when he was elected. We believed he had the even temper and tenacity to bring both parties together, and correct some issues that are crippling this country.

We have watched Dr. Paul in several debates, and are warming up to him in leaps and bounds. Yes, he has some extreme ideas, but in my own personal experience, extraordinary times call for extrordinary measures.
    (I have friends in Texas who give me alot of insider info) Rick Perry is an opportunist…corrupt and in the pockets of the Koch brothers. Throwing religion around like confetti, where the deeds of this man are in direct conflict with MY Christian teachings. Pray for rain, and get fire?! Wow! Don’t think he has G-d’s ear as much as G-ds ire!

The last straw was this episode (GOP debate)of GRABBING Dr. Paul and shaking his finger in his face. Disgusting! This type of knee jerk reactionaryism is going to get this country in more trouble if he takes that “tall in the saddle” demeanor out to the global community.

Anyhow, I’m taking my sorrow and disappointment to the polls in 2012 and voting. Just call me a Democrat for Ron Paul.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 21 Thumb down 1

24. Peter Daagrate

this is the man who wants to be president? This is an immature child, much like his predecessor GEORGE W. BUSH! The pic on top must be brought to the attention of the American people since the Media will not……I copied these numbers from below….call these a.. media companies and tell them about the pic…..this nation is in serious trouble…..serious trouble….if Paul does not not win I fear there may be an all out violent revolution…the nation cannot take another four years of building tent cities all over the nation!

1. Peter Daagrate

sorry I forgot to paste the numbers…lol….

MSNBC (212) 664-4444
      MSNBC 212.664.3720
      FOX news room 212-301-5800
      FOX 212-301-3000
      CNN news desk 404-827-2751
      CNN news desk fax: 404-827-3368
      CNN 404-827-1500
      COPY_ AND PASTE THIS EVERYWHERE!!!

1. Peter Daagrate

p.s Blloomberg. com has an article front page proclaiming rick perry the established front runner! What can we do about this? How it can even have come to this in what is a democracy I dont know! Please see if there is any way to counter….you may be able to go to the site itself and find the feedback button, there you can site the article and ask these people…nicely if possible….to correct this claim…..this is becoming a matter of life or death for this nation…you must combat the media….the media is going to spread nothing but lies about Ron Paul….the only way to defeat that is to undermine the media’s credibility in the eyes of the American people….something that is not likely too hard to do by this time….I am truly disgusted by a media so vile as this….a media that has helped to do so much damage to this nation…..

25. A_bodyguard

Body Guard should have grabbed rick perrys arm and twisted it off Mr. Paul as soon as he touched him. Physical contact at a debate? I have never seen such a spectacle, the man is a savage.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 32 Thumb down 1

1. Fairplay

Bodyguard should have choked Perry out, that would have been a spectacle worth seeing.

2. PeoplePower

“The real” Rick Perry a nut-case, I bet even his mom won’t vote for him lol.

Go Ron Paul :-)

26. Politix

Spread this image to everywhere.

Such threatening behaviour cannot be tolerated and people need to see what kind of person Perry really is.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 26 Thumb down 1

27. Another funny comment

Rick: now you listen to me Congressman, If you select me as your vice president, I promise to make sure all your words are put into action in the way we do things down south. BUT, and this is a big BUT, if you don’t want to do what I say, I will keep on copying every single policy you have in mind and add Perry spice to it up to a point where I can get my arse in the Whitehouse, and then screw it all!

Ron: I don’t need an idiot like you in my cabinet, period.

28. mike

I HAVEN’T VOTED IN 20 YEARS THIS ELECTION I CALLED MY LOCAL ELECTION BOARD AND MADE SURE I’M REGISTERED ONLY ONE MAN WILL I VOTE FOR AND THATS RON PAUL THE PEOPLES PRESIDENT!!!!!
    RON PAUL 2012 STOP THESE WARS GET OUR BUDGET IN ORDER RETURN GOVERNMENT TO THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE!!!!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 26 Thumb down 1

1. David

If he’s not the republican nominee, I hope you still vote for him (a write in) or vote for an independent or libertarian.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 1

1. Richard Kahn

I did just that in 2008.

29. Jared Rodriguez

How is this NOT all over the news.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 0

30. nader paul kucinich gravel mckinney baldwin ventura sheehan

Angry Rick Perry the Neocon
    Dr Ron won’t join the corrupt

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

31. LET FREEDOM RING

Read the polls coming from Texas. The Houston Chronicle runs one every week between rick perry and Ron Paul. The last 2 weeks were 73% and 76% for Ron Paul!! :-) And a tiny, little 9% each week for rick perry. Texans know the truth since both rick perry and Ron Paul are from Texas.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 28 Thumb down 0

32. LET FREEDOM RING

Ron Paul 2012

The r(EVOL)ution continues!!

We are getting stronger!

We the people love Ron Paul.

Let Truth & )iberty Prevail!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

33. David

Ron Paul was not given adequate questions or time, but did well. He still isn’t receiving good enough recognition despite the fact that beat the other candidates on MSNBC’s poll of who won the debate. Politics have become a popularity and beauty contest. People use the phrase “looks presidential” If Dr. Paul does not win life will still go on, but things will be a lot worse off than if he gets the chance to be president.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 27 Thumb down 0

34. Pamela LaBrake

I watched the whole “debate”. My son walked out after 20 minutes he said “Its the same shi* as 2008″ meaning MSNBC ignoring Dr. Paul.

Moderators asked about health care, didn’t go to Dr. Paul, moderators asked about the fed, didn’t go to Congressman Paul.

After an hour of standing tall Ron Paul started to slouch, that’s what bothers me. He is a strong proud man but this crap would wear on anyone.

I don’t worry about Perry, Ron Paul can take care of himself.

The media is a cesspool, but Ron Paul supporters will never waver. We KNOW who we want for president, we KNOW who America needs for our president.

God Bless you Dr. Paul for your morals, honesty, your love of the constitution, liberty and right to life.

Ron Paul 2012 !!!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 44 Thumb down 0

35. PeoplePower

Go get them Ron!! this is the reason we need him, Ron Paul for 2012 !!

Go Ron Paul :-)