167 responses to “Force vs. Reason: Rick Perry Gets in Ron Paul’s Face”

1. Kelley

Ron Paul's son, Congressman Rand Paul, just said in an interview that it was a friendly exchange. Apparently, the following lead-in to an article on Ron Paul's website was all conjecture, reading into the images the worst of Gov. Perry (what is that called?). "During a commercial break at Wednesday’s Republican debate, Rick Perry and Ron Paul continued their spirited exchange on stage. Suddenly, Perry grabbed Ron Paul’s forearm while aggressively pointing his index finger towards the Congressman’s face. Alerted by Perry’s menacing gestures, Ron Paul’s bodyguard (front left) was standing by, ready to protect the Congressman." Look at the images again - apparently, according to Rand, he was probably laying his hand gently on the Congressman's arm in an engaging yet gentle and endearing way - maybe - according to Rand, his son. Snapshots, like sound bites and words out of context, can be misconstrued. Kelley

2. Tyler

First debate and Perry is already losing his cool..

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 0

1. Ron Paul Supporter

I agree. That is one of Perry's biggest problems (other than his political views/stance etc.) The man hates to be called out on something...even if it was his own mistake. Perry cannot keep his composure for NOTHING.

Ron Paul has Dignity!!! Perry has.........um, his hair looks ok...lol.

Ron Paul 2012!!!

3. Anna

..I woudda had to bathe if that foolio touched me...ick.

4. almound

Could Perry's reaction be because he saw these Rasmussen polls which scientifically prove that Ron Paul is indeed electable? Rasmussen polls in August 2011, July 2011, and even back in April 2010 show Ron Paul runs neck-and-neck against Obama.

Obama's 39% to Paul's 38% in August 2011,
    Obama's 41% to Paul's 37% in July 2011, and
    Obama's 42% to Paul's 41% in April 2010.

Go ahead and look it up for yourself.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

5. Jack

Perfect captions for the photos above--

Photo 1: (Perry) You sir, will not make me look like an ass on national television... I do well enough on my own.

Photo 2: (Perry) C'mon man, you can't come out with truthful remarks like that--all I got is rhetoric! Cripes, throw me a bone here--unlike you, I'm willing to say whatever these people wanna hear...

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 17 Thumb down 1

6. Anthony Del Pellegrino (aka:Kempite)

Ron Paul is lying, hypocritical, career politican. The man is an ass.

1. Jack

And Rick Perry is a saint? Ron Paul ran circles around Perry; Perry was just showing his last resort of "debating" someone with facts. Perry = MENTAL MIDGET and RINO EXTRAORDINAIRE

2. Dan

lol they just can't get enough of Ron Paul. Ron is winning folks!!!!

7. ProudTEX

I tell ya,

Prick Perry is the US version of Taliban (a religious fundamentalist).
    or the mad dog of Texas?

GO RON PAUL -

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 1

8. TexasTrucker

while i do not know what the situation was,
    perry should have been removed from the debate if this was an actual confrontation and it appears to be cause Mr Pauls bodyguard felt the need to step in.
    i am all for Ron Paul and The Constitution so vote President Ron Paul 2012!

9. nader paul kucinich gravel mckinney baldwin ventura sheehan

Ricky Perry the Neocon: Stephen King's Dead Zone candidate

10. y

look at the transition between the first photo and the second. In the first one, Paul is standing behind his podium. In the second one, Perry has literally bullied him away from his own podium. craziness

11. Gfcardi

Here's Slick Rick's shining moment with the State Troopers:

America is sick! We need a Doctor....Ron Paul 2012 & 2016!

12. Max

I always thought libertarians were pretty tough. I didn't realized touching your wrist would make all of you cry like liberal sissies. My mistake.

- Rick Perry, 45th President of the United States

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 23

1. JB

Yeah, I suppose you are one of those tough guys that throw puppies off cliffs just to get ya rocks off.

2. Dan

Funny how they come over here and post it must be because the end is coming soon for the neo-cons.

-Ron Paul , 45th President of the United States

1. WE THE PEOPLE

We can only hope that the neocons are on their last legs.
        They damn ruined the country already!

1. Anna

You guys failed to read the byline. That was funny.

13. Max

Paul's a veteran, I can't imagine he is as big a sissy as his supporters are making him out to be.

"Ohhhh, he touched my wrist! Waaa waaa!"

14. Noelle

I am no fan of Ron Paul, although I think he has brought into the national debate the important topic of fiscal policy. Nevertheless, Perry should have kept his hands to himself and his finger out of Paul's face. Those are the things we teach kids in elementary school. Perry needs some remedial education on good manners!

Furthermore, I can't imagine that Perry's treatment of a man well into his 70s will play well with senior voters.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 0

15. Denise

I am not a Republican, but would vote for Ron Paul. Rick Perry...absolutely not. Do not let Mr, Perry intimidate your candidate.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

1. JB

Denise,

If you register republican (or change before deadline) to vote in the primary you can vote for RP. If he doesn't get nominated you can still vote for whoever you want in the November election...obama will automatically get the dems nomination, EVERYONE should do this!!!!

16. John Doe

I see the picture as how Rick Perry would handle some foreign leader who was out of line. And the look on Paul's face is how he would react if some Chicom big wig stuck his finger in Paul's face...

17. Johann

Big mistake Mr. Perry.
    The pictures speak volumes, and I am sure they will get around. Obviously he feels threatened By Doctor Paul, and that is probably because he knows, he won't be able to fool enough people to get elected in the information age.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 0

18. Politiks

I feel like I'm a little late to the game, but check this out. I'm sure it will be news to some.

19. Ali

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 1 Thumb down 37

1. Dan

Cheerleader Perry can't handle the truth...

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

20. Jen

Look up you tube of perry getting a bit aggressive with a cop when his driver was pulled over for speeding. I will find it and post the link later.

21. Jerry

Slick Rick Perry. Steven Kings "Dead Zone" Canidate. He is showing his true colors, physically intimidating an old man that speakes his mind.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 1

1. PeoplePower

Rick Perry lost his temper lol, fyi even a drunk guy on youtube knows about Ron Paul 2012

Go Ron Paul :-)

22. Cyril

I think the real truth of this needs to be told. What exactly was said. It sure LOOKS threatening to me. If someone touched me in that way I'd probably put my fists up. It's pure intimidation.
    Mr. Paul should tell us exactly what went on there. I kind of demand it of him.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 1

23. Joseph Godfrey

Why wasn't Perry tasered and dragged out the door screaming "Don't taser me bro!!!"?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 47 Thumb down 1

24. Jerry Fair

Perry's assault does not surprise me. He is a low grade piece of work. He can't wait to get in office and start a war if he thinks it will help our economy. He is as phony as a one dollar bill. Dr. Paul is a real gentleman. He let's his message speak for itself. I hope he gets to be the leader of the free world. People always say they want change but immediately run when a candidate comes along that will really make changes. That is how this country got the build up of debt we are in. Get used to 20 to 25% unemployment especially if Perry wins. You can get used to soup lines also.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 26 Thumb down 1

25. Another funny comment

First Photo:

Rick: I will tell you once...

Ron: Get your filthy hands off me or else you'll regret it!

Second Photo:

Rick: I take back my words and sorry for this. (Begging with his right hand opened through his chest with hope:) You have to come to your senses and see that we are both Texans here Ron, please... let's stay together on the issues, and I promise you when I become president you will be appointed to better positions.

Ron: You can go pretend that you mean all the words you say, but I know, the American People know, that you are nothing but the status quo, and you have proved this through your voting record and actions. But, I accept your apology.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 2

26. rev.mesick

This is typical...the mindset of those weak in thought and message are usually the one's resorting to physical force. If we disagreed, I cannot ever remember even touching an "intellectual" competitor. If there is any display of difference that people should note when it comes to the behavior and methods of our "leaders," I fear for my son should Parry ever become president and have a disagreement with another country...tell me that is the face of a president...looks more like a hit man for the mob...especially the one with Huntsman in between them.

27. Politiks

A new strategy. Please join.

28. Keith

Has anyone read the resignation letter Dr. Paul wrote to the Republican party back in the 1980s? Perry posted the letter on his campaign website as if it's a bad thing. The letter is the most honest thing on Perry's whole website and I don't see how it can't backfire against Perry. What conservative can read Ron's letter and not realize Perry is exactly the neo-con crook Ron was leaving the party to get away from? http://www.rickperry.org/content/uploads/2011/09/PaulLetter.jpg

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 1

29. Patrick Jack

If Ron Paul would have taken action to defend his person, a brawl could have ensued on the stage. Ron Paul's bodyguard was close at hand and that bodyguard is trained to break bones and take people out when Dr. Congressman Paul is threatened.

This is why we have laws that make assault and physical menacing illegal, to preclude brawls and fights brought on by physical intimidation.

30. Nate

31. Jeff

Hey Ron,

Why do you have to make so much sense?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 21 Thumb down 1

32. vallan

Are you sick of Freedom? Do you hate the Constitution? Do you believe that the solution to America's problems are more wars in the Middle East? Then vote for any candidate except Ron Paul and you will not be disappointed. We promise. - A message from the Department of Establishment Security, a privately-owned, Tax-payer funded subsidiary of Lib/Con Scams, LLC.

33. Ron Paul Supporter

I don't know what Rick Perry was thinking or saying...My husband is a Perry supporter as of now; after watching the debate last night and seeing the photos above...even he raised his eyebrows in shock @ Perry!!!!

I keep telling him there is plenty of time to change his mind :D

GO RON PAUL 2012!!!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 25 Thumb down 1

34. TFO

I'd welcome Rick Perry to try and accost someone who isn't a 76 year old man with a career to worry about. I'd bet his governorship that he lacks the testicular fortitude to try that same BS with someone of the same physical stature as him.

With that being said this just shows the immaturity and the lack of restraint Rick Perry possesses. Is this really somebody that you would want having the keys to our country, let alone our military.

There is a proper way to conduct oneself in a professional setting Mr. Perry. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with such etiquette before making another public appearance.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 21 Thumb down 1

1. Nigel

Since I can't "Like" this I am making a reply to "Like" it" :)

35. Maribell

Perry is mad because he knows Dr Paul called him out and got SCHOOLED by Paul even though Perry thought he could try and call Paul out and embarrass him. Backfired big-time, didn't it!?!

I really am amazed at how intelligent Dr.Paul is and how well he is able to debate and especially defend his positions and any attempts to try and make him look silly or bad. He rarely stumbles or gets caught off guard because he knows his history and reasons for maintaining his positions. He is aware of the traps and knows how to hit them straight on and rise above in a superior and intelligent way but without being arrogant about it either! It's because he isn't phony and truly cares for making real improvements for our country and wants to make his points with elegance, respect, and to educate others about where he is coming from and why he takes on many strong positions on issues.

I am so proud of Ron Paul and my prayers are that God will hear our plea for Ron Paul to be our next president. I swear I have never felt this excited over any politician ever before! Ron Paul is our last and only hope! It is that Serious!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 34 Thumb down 1