Ron Paul Wins California Straw Poll with 44.9%

Ron Paul’s speech: Part 1 and Part 2
(bad audio quality – please contact us if you find a better recording.

The California Republican Party’s 2011 Straw Poll was held today between 9:00AM – 5:00PM, where CRP members, associate members, and registered guests were allowed to choose their favorite from among the 11 official Republican presidential candidates.

A full breakdown of the results is copied below. A total of 833 ballots were cast during the 2011 Straw Poll which included a write-in opportunity for the first time.

2011 Straw Poll Full Results (Votes, %)

1. Ron Paul (374, 44.9%)
  2. Rick Perry (244, 29.3%)
  3. Mitt Romney (74, 8.8%)
  4. Michele Bachmann (64, 7.7%)
  5. Jon Huntsman (17, 2.0%)
  6. Herman Cain (15, 1.8%)
  7. Newt Gingrich (14, 1.7%)
  8. Thad McCotter (7, 0.8%)
  9. Rick Santorum (7, 0.8%)
  10. Gary Johnson (2, 0.2%)
  11. Fred Karger (1, 0.1%)
  12. Write-ins (15, 1.8%)

1. RON PAUL DID IT. Now I have to do a new post qucikly

2. Brought happy tears to my eyes...

3. RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL!!!!!

4. Hey Corporate Media: IGNORE THIS!!!!

Ron Paul will be President or we will overthrow this corrupt two-party system and reinstate our Constitution.

5. GO RON PAUL WE LOVE YOU!!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!

6. Congratulations Mr. President!

7. I agree. I actually grew up in Ct, where you do register for a party (even Indy). I know when I worked elections (as a kid) we would use the rosters of voters (per party) to phone-up, make sure they voted, or arrange rides to the polls. But, when I was 17, I moved here for college, and when I registered, it was as a person, not a party.
    I double checked this on three sites the other day (since my voter-card has no indication of R, D, or I) & was right-I vote in whatever primary I wish.

8. president paul i like the sound of that

9. Can we get some more protection on Dr. Paul please? You know if he gets that close to winning it all they will take him out like the Kennedy's. Let's all protect the hell out of this man.

• I agree. I am starting to worry. Too many vested interests in big government and then there are the psycho loners like Mark David Chapman who target beloved celebrities.

10. fuck yes I love it!

11. The media has tried to stop Ron Paul from reaching the masses. We have proven that we can circumvent mainstream media and spread the message ourselves. We will not be stopped. We will be heard. Ron Paul 2012.

12. I just keep watching this over again. I LOVE LA!

13. even obama voter aren't this enthusiastic.....

14. YEAH, HOW MANY OTHER CANDIDATES CAN GENERATE THIS DEGREE OF PASSIONATE EXCITEMENT? WAKE UP GOP! RON PAUL IS YOUR ONLY HOPE!!

15. RON PAUL! RON PAUL! RON PAUL!

16. only thing that worries me is that 2008 he was winning polls as well...he's grown even more not, but we just need to keep spreading the message outside of the web (I think) .. Ron Paul supporters are just so much more passionate than any candidate than I've seen in such a long time (even Obama)

17. THE REVOLUTION WILL BE TELEVISED.

18. Crazy stuff I wish I was there!

Ron Paul 2012 it's time to go back to the morals that made American great.!

19. How the hell did Rick Perry get 29% in California? I live there and I don't see these people any where. And this "Ron Paul!" cheering is disturbing. I hope I'm never that into a political party. What if he lies like all other politicians before him, or there's something else going on here? Are we not repeating history yet again? I hope he wins, but I don't like his stance on health insurance.

• Well I have relatives who want cradle to grave security, regarding insurance. Would you start an insurance company if you were forced at gunpoint to insure those with pre-existing conditions? I would not. And I am getting medication for hypothyroidism and blood pressure. But I planned ahead for health problems by exercising regularly, avoiding obesity, and above all, putting health over career and relationships. I can afford to pay for my health care as a result of planning for older age.

20. WINNING!

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUULLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!