Ron Paul’s Pro-America Foreign Policy

by Ron Paul

The Palestinian Authority’s recent announcement that it would seek UN recognition as an independent state dominated the news and the political debate in the United States last week, though in truth it should mean very little to us. Only a political class harboring the illusion it can run the world obsesses over the aspirations of a tiny population on a tiny piece of land thousands of miles away. Remember, the UN initiated this persistent conflict with its 1947 Partition Plan.

Unfortunately the debate is dominated by those who either support the Israeli side in the conflict, or those who support the Palestinian desire for statehood. We rarely seem to hear the view of those who support the US side and US interests. I am on that side. I believe that we can no longer police the world. We can no longer bribe the Israelis and Palestinians to continue an endless “peace process” that goes nowhere. It is not in our interest to hector the Palestinians or the Israelis, or to “export” democracy to the region but reject it when people vote the “wrong” way.

I have reservations about the Palestinian drive for UN recognition. Personally I wish the United States would de-recognize the United Nations. As most readers already know, in every Congress I introduce legislation to end our membership in that organization. The UN is a threat to our sovereignty– and as we are the main source of its income, it is a threat to our economic well-being. Increasingly over the past several years, we see the United Nations providing political and legal cover for the military aspirations of interventionists rather than serving as an international forum to preserve peace. Neoconservatives in the US have grown to love the United Nations as they co-opt the organization under the guise of endless “reform.” Under the sovereignty-destroying doctrine of “Responsibility to Protect,” adopted at the 2005 World Summit, the UN takes it upon itself to intervene in internal conflicts of its member states whenever it believes that human rights are being violated. Thus under “Responsibility to Protect,” the UN provides the green light for a kind of global no-knock raid on any sovereign country.

If asked, I would personally counsel the Palestinians to avoid the United Nations. UN membership and participation is no guarantee that sovereignty will be respected. We see what happens to UN members such as Iraq and Libya when those countries’ leaders fall out of favor with US administrations: under US and allied pressure a fig leaf resolution is adopted in the UN to facilitate devastating military intervention. When the UN gave NATO the green light to bomb Libya there was no genocide taking place. It was a purely preventative war. The result? Thousands dead, a destroyed country, and extremely dubious new leaders.

While I do not see UN membership as a particularly productive move for the Palestinian leadership, I do not believe the US should use its position in the UN Security Council to block their membership. I believe in self-determination of peoples and I recognize that peoples may wish to pursue statehood by different means. As we saw after the Cold War, numerous new states were born out of the ruins of the USSR as the various old Soviet Republics decided that smaller states were preferable to an enormous and oppressive multi-national conglomerate.

The real, pro-US solution to the problems in the Middle East is for us to end all foreign aid, stop arming foreign countries, encourage peaceful diplomatic resolutions to conflicts, and disengage militarily. In others words, follow Jefferson’s admonition: “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none.”

1. I always see these customized Subscribe buttons, or signs next to the subscribe button, telling people to "Not forget to subscribe." But, how do you do all of that? Anyone know?. I am partnered/ a "member" of Youtube already.

2. Thank you a lot for providing individuals with a very brilliant opportunity to read from this website. It's usually very brilliant and also stuffed with fun for me personally and my office mates to search your blog on the least thrice per week to see the newest secrets you will have. And lastly, I'm so at all times fascinated with all the outstanding inspiring ideas you serve. Selected 4 ideas in this posting are indeed the most impressive we have all ever had.

3. Hello there! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this problem. If you have any recommendations, please share. Many thanks!

4. Let the dead bury the dead.

5. Youre so awesome, man! I cant believe I missed this blog for so long. Its just great stuff all round. Your design, man...too amazing! I cant wait to read what youve got next. I love everything that youre saying and want more, more, MORE! Keep this up, man! Its just too good.

6. Very good information - thanks!

7. synonyms from thesaurus

8. good adwords

9. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!

10. Good information about it report, I am about to the particular H&M for looking next week.

11. I've said that least 3333719 times. SCK was here

12. My sis instructed me about your web site and the way great it is. She's right, I am actually impressed with the writing and slick design. It appears to me you're simply scratching the floor in terms of what you may accomplish, however you're off to an ideal begin!
    bestdigitalcamerasreview.net

13. I keep getting surprised that every time we talk about foreign aid, we talk about Israel and all but ignore our greatest allies such as Great Britain, Germany, Australia, etc. Why is this? Are they trying to make Ron Paul out as an Anti-Jew and if so, why? Why don’t they accuse him of also being anti-British? What exactly is behind the driving of this issue? I have been researching it for the last few weeks and as it turns out...it is almost entirely for religious reasons. It appears like we will continue to defend Israel and send it aid for one of three reasons: 1. It is the only country where Jews are in the majority...thus supported by Jews with lots of influence in the United States, and/or 2. It is tactical to the defense of the United States to have a strong ally in the Middle East, and/or 3. It will usher in the end times based on how some interpret the Bible, that interpretation being a physical Israel must be restored as a nation for the end times to occur. Are there any positions I'm missing on why Israel is always singled out during the debates? My understanding of the issue will likely evolve, but I have done my best to summarize here: http://libertyandhope.blogspot.com/

14. I'm warming up to your ideas Ron.

15. I wanted to share this with you if you are not aware: U.S. eyes fencing along Canadian border http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/us-eyes-fencing-along-canadian-border Now the pretext that they give is the terrorist threat, however as far as I know only one guy had in the mind to cross the border and use a car bomb in the US but he was arrested by the Canadian police before he even tried that several years ago. So it's like killing a fly with a canon ball. And its expensive as well. And then I remembered this short reply in the debate where Ron Paul said that such a fence ( on the Mexican border) could be used to keep people _in_ onde day. I was scratching my hairs and couldn't figure the logic because there was still the Canadian border, and many people on the Internet laughed and said that he was senile. I thought he was refering to a remote situation, like in 10 years from now. I'm not concerned directly since I can reside and work in Canada anyway but this is chilling.

16. RON PAUL IS AN ANTI SEMITE

17. How about a novel idea to reduce our deficit. End all of the declared and undeclared wars. Stop all foreign aid, reduce the 900 bases world wide, retrieve money from Iraq to pay for the war and nation building, stop funding the IMF, stop funding the Corrupt U.N., and audit/stop the Fed from funding foreign banks and countries. After all we are bankrupt and the Fed continues to print money thereby devalueing our currency. Could your imagine how much of trillions of dollars this would save the U.S? It's time to go back to the Gold standard and the Constituiton states that the Congress SHALL COIN MONEY NOT THE UNACCOUNTABLE, UNREGULATED, AND UNTRANSPARENT FEDERAL RESERVE.

We also, need to address China devaluing and munipulating their currency to favorably affect to exports to America. Let's not kid ourselves. China pays its workers .75 cents on the dollar with little if no govenment regulations. The U.S. Government must stop giving incentives to American Companies to manufacture outside of the U.S.

RON PAUL 2012

18. hello. making despots identify themselves in a responsible forum is good intelligence. funding them is absurd.

19. His record says YES! :) No other candidate can claim that on either side of the fence.

20. Duracoat Powdercoatings

RON TALKS THE TALK( HES GOT MY VOTE) WILL HE WALK THE WALK?