136 responses to “Ron Paul Slams Obama for Extrajudicial Killing of U.S. Citizens”

1. realitychk

And check this out: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/20/al-qaeda-terror-leader-dined-pentagon-months/ We were courting him!

2. realitychk

Congress opted for nearly 2,000 more dead American soldiers, i mean invasion. Ask any of the parents of those children that are now dead, if they would have prefered Osama to be dead with a bullet in his head weeks after the 911 tragedy. My suspicion would be yes because they could have their child back. I am sure that if given credible evidence he would have acted in a similar manner with this now dead idiot, however, he would have followed the rule of law in regards to cases like these. The fact is, that since 911, the war on terror has taken most likely more than a million lives. Since this battle is not against a standing army it is unlikely that that million is entirely by people with guns shooting at our troops. We can now easily say that the collateral damage is not only all of the dead civilians from other countries, but also our economy, our image, and our right to claim the moral high ground any longer. We are now a rogue nation, and this new authority seals the deal.

3. realitychk

Maybe they should bomb the protesters on Wall Street. Round em up, and summarily shoot them for disscent. The problem here is the media’s gotcha point. They ask Ron Paul about his reaction to this incident and, he answered. And I quote, “This doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t deal with this problem, and go after these people but…just to do this casually, and to celebrate it i find very dangerous.” They then spin it to say that he is weak on terrorism. After 911 he submitted a proposal to capture or assasinate Osama. Not weak.

4. brettlurie077

I honestly think you guys are looking at this too broadly. All Ron is saying is that he would have rather had al-Awlaki be given a fair trial. He acknowledged that he is a bad guy and that it is good that he is gone. He was simply expressing his fear that the president could use this authority to assassinate someone who he feels is a threat, but later turns out to be innocent.

5. WhattheHellBook

True or untrue this is a killer for the campaign. I’m a Ron Paul supporter but I disagree with him on this and agree he should have held his comments about it. Unfortunately, this will probably be too big to overcome.

6. look_deeper

I want to apologize on behalf of any poster who was disrespectful to you in their comments on this topic. I fear that frustration makes people resort to name-calling and those frustration-driven posts are not what we need happening in this conversation. I empathize with the feelings you have about Ron Paul’s statements on this issue. It does make it challenging to expand his base of supporters into the traditional war-happy republican base. I do not disagree with Ron Paul’s position on this issue, but this is a position that I wish he chose to remain silent about because it is an unpopular viewpoint to people outside of his loyal support base. Maybe this will be spun into a way that gets him more attention in debates where he can turn it around into a positive. I remain hopeful.

1. Ryanoceros

@look_deeper

LOL

Oh boy, you people crack me up.

Don’t apologize on my behalf. I meant every word I said!

***look_deeper says, “I wish he chose to remain silent…”***

LOL

*Sarcasm mode* oh yeah, that’s what we need, a silent President!…No, we can’t talk about all those Americans being killed in foreign lands for over a decade now. No, Ron, just stay quiet and don’t rock the boat!

*shakes head at the incredible blindness of such a statement.*

… no need for me to “look deeper”, I know what you are up to. :P

1. look_deeper

I believe that poster really was a Ron Paul supporter who lost faith today. We cannot afford to lose any supporters. I do not want Ron to be silent about anyone, Americans or Iraqis or Afgans, etc. being killed by our foreign policies. I only wish that Ron did not share his opinion on this polarizing assassination of a radical cleric. Just this one event. We need him to expand beyond his 10-15% support base. That means he’ll have to pick and choose which of his positions to highlight in order to get the nomination. I think we can disagree with other posters in a civilized and respectful way. I was frustrated to hear people say he lost their vote because of this. I think we can do our best to convince people to not write him off over this. But I don’t think we can be successful if we intentially insult people who feel that way. I was thrilled all of last week over how well the end of quarter push was going. Then I felt some fear last night after hearing the contraversy over Ron’s statement. We cannot lose momentum at this juncture. That involves skipping over certain alienating positions. Please look at my earlier posts, I was on here early (4th, 5th) because I wanted to reach out to anyone else who may have been shaken over this statementment in hopes of stopping any possible loss of faith.

1. jhony211

ron paul needs to respond to these media idiots with one liners. if he could master one liners he would win for sure

2. Ryanoceros

@look_deeper

I disagree completely. This is exactly the kind of subject he needs to speak out on. This is what separates Ron Paul from the rest of the pack.

This Awlaki guy was an extreme case, and extreme cases are exactly where we test our Constitution and it’s principled/philosophical correctness. The Rights of the people versus Government authority. Nobody, including Ron Paul is saying Awlaki was an angel. He was a murdering wannabe tyrant. What he is saying is that in a civilized society all citizens are treated equal under the law. The Government can’t just go out and bomb one of its own citizens, not to mention as recklessly as they did, using 2 Hellfire Missiles which easily could have killed innocent bystanders, just because he’s a wanted man. If they knew where he was they could have arrested him. I think most people would agree with that.

Good for Ron to make the argument without fear of losing votes. I’ll tell you plainly, he’d lose a lot more votes if he didn’t take the principled stand just to tread lightly on a touchy subject.

Ron will win because he fears no subject and stands firmly in support of the Constitution and the philosophic correctness of using the same standards for all citizens. This is the nation where all people are equal, which is why we have been an exceptional nation amongst all those nations that don’t treat people the same under the law.

3. dabutchur

@Ryanoceros @look_deeper “I disagree completely. This is exactly the kind of subject he needs to speak out on.” Then you doom us all. Just watch the next debate if you don’t believe me. Honorable men never get elected…Ron needs to learn how to play politics for now and come out on stuff like this when he’s in the White House.

4. Nitroindole

@Ryanoceros@look_deeper

Well said!..

2. dabutchur

@Ryanoceros @look_deeper We need Ron elected first. Put your emotion and ego away and see the big picture.

1. Ryanoceros

@dabutchur@look_deeper

I do see the big picture, and it doesn’t include staying silent, or avoiding difficult subject matter. That will lose far more votes.

I simply disagree. We do indeed need to take on the tough issues right from the start.

2. dabutchur

@Ryanoceros @look_deeper Sorry, you are just to short sighted on this. He will never get elected voicing controversial opinions like this and us agreeing with his positions will not change that fact. And that is the point isn’t it? To get him elected? Otherwise, why are we wasting our time.

3. Ryanoceros

@dabutchur@look_deeper

No, I am not short sighted. To the contrary, I, along with Ron Paul, think it is better to stay consistent and not avoid subjects that arise.

And you and the other poster clearly aren’t true supporters of his in the first place if you can’t see the absolute need to stay principled and strictly in support of equality of rights… that, my narrow minded friend, is the point, and the only point relevant. He will not win by staying silent, or worse, by lying about his position. The issue exists because Obama ordered the killing of a US citizen. Ron can’t hide from the fact, nor should he stay silent about it. He’s doing exactly what he should be doing… that is, disagreeing with the unconstitutional action that it was. Period. Get over it. Ron is doing the right thing, and you and the other poster need to face the fact that we can’t win by being the same as all the other flip-flopping losers that make up the establishment of the Republican party. We need to stand firmly in support of the Constitution. Period. And it is not a waste of time to do so. Right is still right whether people are too blind to see it or not.

4. dabutchur

@Ryanoceros @look_deeper – Not a true supporter? Really? I have nearly $5000 in this pony race over the last election and this one. I’m almost maxed out for contributions to Ron Paul’s 2012 campaign. How much have YOU contributed? Are YOU a member of a meet up? How many sign wavings and events have YOU been to? No, I am fully vested in Ron Paul and the message of liberty, freedom, peace and the constitution. It is very pretentious and infantile to assume otherwise. You don’t know who you are talking to on this forum. Grow up. I have converted dozens to our cause and I will promise you you will not gain another single soul if you bring up this issue to any potential inquirer into Dr Paul. Most people can’t warm up to truth when they have been so systematically indoctrinated into the military industrial complex mentality. You obviously have become a convert from the left side of the aisle and don’t understand the mind of the right. We both agree that Paul is right, but you want to argue semantics. Though correct, these are not views that will get him elected in a Neocon dominated Republican party.

5. Ryanoceros

@dabutchur@look_deeper

Let me spell it out in simple terms you can grasp. Ron Paul disagrees with you! Period! … Or, he’d take your advice and ignore the complex or extreme issues like this one… But he doesn’t ignore issues like this, important issues, and he never has. That is what makes him different from all the rest, that he never wavers when it comes to the Rights of the People and the Constitution.

Furthermore, I disagree with you as well, like it or not. And I too, never waver in the rights of the People and the principals of the Constitution.

In short, YOU ARE WRONG! PERIOD!

You say “Most people can’t warm up to truth when they have been so systematically indoctrinated into the military industrial complex mentality.”

Horse hockey! I’ll tell you what the people can’t warm up to, they can’t warm up to a cowardly candidate avoiding important subjects, subjects that will clearly be brought up in the coming debates whether they like it or not. They can’t warm up to ignoring or lying about their position on those important issues either. The Government does not have the Right to assassinate citizens that have broken a law. And Ron Paul has boldly and correctly stated the truth, that it is beyond the powers granted the President in the Constitution. Why should he stay silent?

You say, “You obviously have become a convert from the left side of the aisle and don’t understand the mind of the right”.

And you are a complete idiot to say something you can’t back up. I’ve been a RP supporter since the late 90’s. And on my most liberal day, I’d still be a light year to the right of you. For it is you who are making the “liberal” argument here, that Ron should stay silent so as to not offend people. That is a Liberal mindset for sure!

Treading lightly is not what made RP popular in the first place. Why start now? That would be political suicide and he clearly knows it. The question is, why don’t you grasp the concept of “Consistency”. That’s all Ron is doing. He’s saying exactly what everyone expects him to say. If anything, they’d be angry if he didn’t stand up for the Constitution on this issue.

Ron could not win by ignoring issues. But he will win by standing firm and doing exactly what he is doing. Never back down and always defend the Constitution. Simple.

6. dabutchur

@Ryanoceros @look_deeper wow…your ego is compelling.

7. Ryanoceros

@dabutchur@look_deeper

Well, I do what I can.

… But I’m not running for office, so you can relax. :)

2. dabutchur

@look_deeper Thank You! That’s what I’ve been trying to convey. I’ve found so many to be too locked up in emotion to think logically on this. Ron just handed Santorum a club to beat him with. As Ron Paul supporters, we understand the big picture and know exactly where he is coming with this…but, as Ron Paul supporters we must also understand that others are too narrow sighted to see what we do. They need to be educated…however teaching algebra to 4 year olds takes patience and care. You can’t hit them over the head with complex equations before they can understand 2+2=4.

3. silvermullet

@look_deeper I am with ryanoceros on this one i am glad Dr. Paul spoke out about this. He never compromises his principals ever and that is why he is Ron Paul. That is why people who disagree with him still knows he is honest and has integrity because he never compromises his principals to please some audience. He addressed this in the book Liberty Defined so this isn’t the first time he’s spoken out about this.

7. The Historian 219

At the next Republican debate, every candidate on that stage will now say the Paul is soft on terrorism. The game is over.

I find it disturbing that, until today, you would have seen me as a friend – now I am a moron? People, either we find a way to bury the hatred; or WE THE PEOPLE will tear this country apart – regardless of who is nominally in charge.

I DID NOT NOR WILL I SUPPORT PRESIDENT OBAMA.

This is my last post on this subject or Ron Paul and my last visit to this website.

I sincerely hope you can find a candidate to endorse, though the field is mediocre at best.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

1. look_deeper

@The Historian 219

I want to apologize on behalf of any poster who

8. silvermullet

Thanks you Dr. Paul for showing us how once again you are always consistent and never compromise your principals in order to please some big government neocons. It is this reason that sets you apart from the others, you have been consistent your entire life on the message of freedom. Whether it comes to personal freedoms or economic freedoms you are consistent on having small government and obeying the constitution.

9. The Historian 219

Dear Mr. Paul:

I do not know if you or staff read these posts. However, as of today, October 1, 2011, I no longer support your candidacy for President.

By every definition, Anwar al-Awlaki was a traitor to the USA. His efforts represent nothing less than providing aid and comfort to the enemy. Is it that you believe that the USA is not at war with al Qaeda? Did you want him to live? If there had been an American manning a megaphone for Japan but not a gun on Tarawa, would you have raised a stink if he had been killed by US troops?

As you Republican candidates continue to implode, you are indeed giving the 2012 election to President Obama.

I strongly suggest you now discontinue your candidacy and support someone who has the chance to appeal to independents otherwise, you risk losing not only the Presidency but both houses of Congress.

To say the least, disappointment does not begin to describe how you have let down your supporters.

1. silvermullet

There is no way you could have ever been a supporter of Ron Paul if you think it is a good idea for the bureaucrats to be deciding which u.s. citizens get assassinated or not. This is how it starts with them killing some u.s. citizen overseas and that continues for a justification for killing u.s. citizens on u.s. soil and it won’t stop until we are a full blown authoritarian government. That is why Dr. Paul has been consistent on having a small government all the way around, not just when it is convenient for him. @The Historian 219 _

1. The Historian 219

I find it interesting that in WWII MILLIONS of civilians were killed by the allies. There was not much of a ruckus then – why now? Traitors have always been executed on the spot – I see no difference here. Bureaucrats did not make the decision to kill al-Awlaki, the duly elected President did. Similar previous decision has been upheld by Federal Courts. Al-Awlaki was believed by U.S. authorities to have inspired acts of terrorism against the United States, including a fatal shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, and the December 25 bombing attempt to bring down an airliner flying to Detroit. Even the ultra conservative National Review does not take issue with the decision to kill him. Do you really think Paul as President would have made a different decision? That is one of the niceties of getting to criticize without responsibility – no responsibility means you can say about anything. Face it, Paul is wrong on this one – just as wrong as not coming out in support of the death of Osama bin Laden. This is nothing but a poor political gamble and it will blow Paul out of the race.

1. silvermullet

” Al-Awlaki was believed by U.S. authorities to have inspired acts of terrorism against the United States” the keyword is believed. What is wrong with bringing him back here to try him? If he is as guilty as you say he is why can’t we prove it in court instead of just assuming he guilty and killing him. I agree he probably is a bad man, but i would rather it play out in court than let some dictator decide. Go to some other website you would be better off ,go support obama go on his website and tell him how proud you are of him for assassinating this guy.

2. Ryanoceros

Ridiculous. In fact, utterly stupid. And speak for yourself as far as “letting down your supporters”.

Ron Paul is saying the government doesn’t have the right to disregard our Constitutional rights. Ron Paul, in no way, is saying that the guy is innocent, or not a traitor. He is simply saying the government must abide its own laws and uphold the Constitutional rights of its citizens. Arrest the criminal, put him on trial, and send him to prison through legal means.

I would much prefer to see the guy facing a public trail for treason, and all the humiliation that goes along with it, than to allow our government to potentially kill innocent bystanders with a friggin hellfire missile all to get one guy.

Nobody is sad to see him dead. But sane people are sad to see our rights eroded away by “TRAITORS” like Obama, and apparently you too. Moron.

1. The Historian 219

@Ryanoceros

I find it interesting that in WWII MILLIONS of civilians were killed by the allies. There was not much of a ruckus then – why now? Traitors have always been executed on the spot – I see no difference here. Why is my question about an American on Tarawa ignored? And I would rather see these “innocent bystanders” (and just how do you know that), killed before they have a chance to kill American servicemen or citizens. Face it, Paul is wrong on this one – just as wrong as not coming out in support of the death of Osama bin Laden. This is nothing but a poor political gamble and it will blow Paul out of the race.

1. BrianRaña

Not united states citizens. That nuclear bomb was an act of war and we warned the japanese that it was going to happen, but WE NEVER SHOULD HAVE DONE IT. Now let us get something straight. What is your issue with trying a traitor? YOU TRY IN COURT and prove BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that the citizen is guilty, and then you decide their fate. Obama deciding to kill US citizens based on just his will alone is dictatorial and COMPLETELY unamerican. The founders would be ashamed.

2. Ryanoceros

@The Historian 219

Face it, you’re a partisan puppet, motivated purely by a lust to kill, not to defend Americans.

Ron Paul is exactly right on this one. And he will win because the people are waking up to the realities of endless war and left-wing blood-lust. You partisan puppets are through. We are taking our nation back whether you morons like it or not. “Civilization” will exist once again, very soon.

Yours truly,

a Patriot of Individualism and Liberty,

Ryanoceros

3. The Historian 219

@Ryanoceros

You sir need a history lesson. It was Bush II who started both wars. It is the so called “left-wing” that are finally bringing the troops home. It was the Republican Party that started the Vietnam, Gulf, Afghanistan and Iran wars. You are NOT a patriot since you do not believe that EVERY AMERICAN IS ENTITLED TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS you claim only for yourself.

Go home and clean your guns – with your attitude, you are going likely going to need them.

4. Ryanoceros

@The Historian 219

LOL. Dude, put that crack pipe away. And stop sniffing that glue bottle! It’ll destroy what very few brain cells you have left!

And who ever said you don’t have 1st amendment rights here? Definitely not me. I’m a very strong supporter of Free Speech. Go ahead and spew your left-wing diatribe, and your reworking of History. It’s fun shooting down that bumbling idiocy like a clay pigeon. I’m simply exercising my 1st Amendment right to tell you what a robotic partisan puppet you are you are… And frankly, I think you need to tighten those neck bolts down a few psi more.

… and an occasional breath of oxygen wouldn’t do your brain any harm either. You might actually have a self-initiated “thought” for the first time in your life.

As for my use of “Left-Wing”, that always refers to all Democrats and Neocon-Republicans. All of which are indeed Left-Wing compared to me, as a philosophical libertarian and supporter of the Constitution..The Constitution is Center of political reason in this country, like it or not. All disagreement with it is either left or right. In the case of Democrats and Neocon-Republicans, they are left of that ideal with their constant nanny state, collectivist, open borders, globalization, war-mongering, economic-suicidal, welfare-parasitical, big-brother, UnPatriot Act treason.

Democrats and Republicans are two peas in a pod.

***Historian 219 says, “Go home and clean your guns” …***

Uh, brain bone, I am home. What, you think I’m sitting in the middle of a rain forest typing this message?

… And my Rifle is always clean…. And I use Vasoline too, so the bullets come out just a little faster than the liberals bullets. :P

5. Libertarian777

@The Historian 219
          Wait so let me get this straight. Every american has a 1st amendment right. Except when they speaknout against the government? So does al awaki have the same right or not? Ok so you’re going to say you can’t yell fire in a crowed theater, or scream ‘murder americans’ on YouTube. But where is the evidence?

Should the occupy wall street movement be designated terrorists and summarily be executed? What about those politicians who said things like “tea partiers should be rounded up”. Are they not suggesting killing Americans? Should we not send a drone after them?

No one liked bush. Yes he started 2 wars. Who attacked Libya? Who attacked Yemen? Who attacked Pakistan? Who is threatening war with Iran. It’s the Nobel peace prize laureate, Owebama.

The dems and the repubs have shown they are of the same cloth. The only person who doesn’t follow the one party line of ‘more war’ is Ron Paul.

6. Libertarian777

@The Historian 219

Every American is entitled to their 1st amendment right, except al awaki because he umm is a ‘terrorist’ because the administration said so. No court of law no trial has proven he was responsible for any deaths.

Sure you can’t scream fire in a crowded theater, and no you shouldn’t say ‘kill americans’ on YouTube, but neither should you make porn, S&M, or violent video games.

If al awaki is guilty, bring the evidence and put him in court.

And for the record, Bush was an idiot, and started 2 wars. Obama started war in Libya, Yemen and Pakistan and is pushing for war with Iran. Deems and repubs both want more war. Ron Paul is the only one standing up against the status quo.

Don’t kid yourself. The only people who appreciate US military interventions are the US ‘friendly’ dictators, like the shah of Iran, the Saudi monarchy, Mubarak, Karzai, etc

7. highmore

@Libertarian777@the

Courts of law and trials don’t apply to terrorists during war. Al Awaki lost his American citizenship when he went to the darkside.

8. Ryanoceros

@highmore@Libertarian777

Wrong. A person does not lose their citizenship for committing treason or any other crime. They are put on trial, and sentenced accordingly, if convicted.

3. Stone Serious

@The Historian 219

Sure, the guy was a traitor, but there is no proof he killed anyone. And I welcome you to provide the facts that he did. So, he committed Treason. BTW, did you know Anwar Al Awlaki was a CIA operative?

FACT: The American government has killed far more foreign innocent civilians than those that died on 9/11 or in any other “terrorist” acts OR all of them combined.

So, who’s the real “terrorist” ….Historian?

1. The Historian 219

@Stone Serious

I find it interesting that in WWII MILLIONS of civilians were killed by the allies. There was not much of a ruckus then – why now? Traitors have always been executed on the spot – I see no difference here. Why is my question about an American on Tarawa ignored? There is absolutely no proof that Al Awlaki was a CIA operative – another urban legion that has wings because of the internet. Since when has the CIA ever made public their operatives (a certain death to ever they may be)? Face it, Paul is wrong on this one – just as wrong as not coming out in support of the death of Osama bin Laden. This is nothing but a poor political gamble and it will blow Paul out of the race.

4. Stone Serious

@The Historian 219 A little “history lesson for you….”those who sacrifice a little bit of liberty for a little bit of security, deserve neither liberty or security.” – Thomas Jefferson You my friend are what is wrong with America today.

5. dabutchur

@The Historian 219 If this is the reason you are leaving, then you were never a supporter anyway. I call you out as a troll and probably work for the Santorum campaign.

10. jasonfanjf

Hussien Obama is already raising illegal wars in Lybia. Of course he has the capacity to unlawfully execute citizens. It’s not like he follows the law or anything. Better yet, didn’t he tell everyone that he’s an expert on the constitution because he has a law degree? I refused to give in to peer pressure and vote for this puppet back in ’08 and I still won’t vote for him in ’12.

11. look_deeper

Killing this person is basically killing the messenger, while the message still exists. Treating the symptom of a problem does not eliminate the problem, it just postpones the consequences. People did not ‘follow’ this radical cleric because he was an appealing person, they followed his message. If he had no message to ‘sell’ for recruiting terrorists, our country’s safety would not be jepordized by him or others like him. It seems that the US policy is to keeping killing ‘enemies’ until they are all gone. But how long will that take? After 10 years in Afganistan, have we rooted out and killed everyone who hates us yet? We have 100,000 soldiers there.

1. Stone Serious

@look_deeperIt will never end, UNTIL we get out and stop occupying their country.

2. JoeChabot

This is a good viewpoint. As any good doctor would do, they would try to seek the root cause of the disease and eliminate from there. We, as a country, should be combatting the message by acting in an appropriate manner and setting ourselves apart from lawless dictatorships that kill based on perceived need. Yes, it is probably better he is dead, but of the thousands that follow him that are now pissed-off as a result, another leader will emerge. Are we really going to keep going further and further into debt to China (the real sublime threat) in order to blow-up people in third world nations because they disagree with us?

I think that Ron Paul’s answer was intelligent, and far from idiocy. The news will always ignore how he qualified his belief that his death was a net benefit. In other words, it is beneficial not to have people like this spewing hate and inciting horrific acts. The meat of his argument is that it should be done in a lawful manner. Don’t we love it when the police gun down suspected criminals? Foul is cried every time, I don’t find it much different.

1. Liberty

@JoeChabot I totally agree with you. These wars are costing us in the Trillions. China is more than happy to get us to be more indeaded to them. We just had the largest cyber attack by the Chinesse government regarding our military technology and defense. Our government has no retributions towards China regarding this serious breach of security. And, why? We are beholding to them financially and we don’t want to adversely affect our U.S. job killing manufacturing status with them. And, soon if not already they may militarily surpass our military.

3. Liberty

@look_deeper I totally agree with you. Now that we have killed all of our enemies, will we end all the declared and undeclared wars? Return our courgeous troops to their families now. Or, will our government look for another war or person to continue their endless deployment.

12. Bill Williams

Ron Paul ia a fucking idiot!!!!!!!!!

1. kungpau

Wow, really, Bill? Read the Constitution. This was a US Citizen…if this is allowed then “technically” YOU or YOUR FAMILY could be assassinated WITHOUT anything more than a Public Relations campaign labelling YOU a terrorist. That’s why there are LAWS; so someone who doesn’t “like” you can’t simply “off” without using the JUDICIAL system. OMG, Do you understand there are 3 branches of US Govt. FOR A REASON?

1. Stone Serious

@kungpau Apparently laws don’t apply to Bill Williams judging from the intellect of his post. Seriously Bill, please take your double digit IQ over to the CNN boards where you’ll certainly be appreciated. Your mentality is not understood here.

13. Bill Williams

What a fucking idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Nitroindole

@Bill Williams

And you are f..g slave. Sorry for you…

14. Liberty

He probably was guitly according to all the intelligence that we had on him. But, what happened to the fifth amendment. Is it right that thru executive order by passing our Constitution that now the President is the Jury, Judge, and Executioner. Who to say that this couldn’t happened to you or me because you have been deemed to be a threat. The power of executive orders by this current President and past need to be reviewed and drastically reduced.

Go Ron Paul 2012

15. Graff

Freaks from US goverment and CIA have just made 10 or more Anwar Al Awlaki’s. As you can see it’s endless …….till US stops it’s sick foreign policy. It’s like sitting on a train that goes to nowhere…..I’m not buying a ticket.

16. RonPaul2012alldaylong

Hopefully it will still be possible to ‘immigrate’ to another country when they start using drone strikes on USA… Of course people will take this out of context. They’re loss in my opinion. I value my freedom greatly.

I’m sure Europe didn’t think Nazism was going to spread that fast either… It’s really something to think about. Has everyone forgot 70 short years ago, the atrocities of Nazism? the human being is capable of anything. Just because it is YOUR government does not mean that it can’t happen to you.

Seriously this shit is reminding me of Terminator… Anyone else? Ron Paul is Sarah Connor trying to warn us of the machines taking over. I’m voting for Ron Paul for President regardless of who flip flops their vote to one of the Status Quo candidate.

17. KevronRees

Dear doc i was gunna support you, but then you had to go use this law and constitution nonsense. Everyone knows jefferson was crazy. If we dont police the world everyone will team up and destroy the american cuz everyone hates freedom and stuff.
    Dont feed the trolls.

18. Duane Ranard

Dear Doctor,

I am surprised at yourserious lack of understanding and intelligence. Under the UCMJ and numerous other laws – as well as common sense – clearly explains that a “US Citizen”, who breaks his citizenship by becoming a hostile ex-patrioy, let alone an enemy combatant, is a self-proclaimed military target. You have said some very good things in the Debates (and some not-so-bright ones), but this one sets you adrift from any con, except the Unemsideration for any office, except The Unemployment Office”.

1. stasis30

I am pretty sure of a few things:

1) He was still a citizen.

2) the UCMJ (whatever the eff that is, an intelligent person explains their acronyms when they are not obvious) and “numerous other laws” do not overrule the 5th Amendment.

3) Ron Paul is spot on about this one.

The enemy combatant argument is pure non-sense and a term that the Bush administration also used to circumvent responsibility to uphold either the Constitution or various treaties.

1. dabutchur

@stasis30 UCMJ Uniform Code Of Military Justice….if you are or were former military, you would know that….otherwise, got google? The Constitution works a little differently for those in the military. Perhaps, you are aware of another common acronym…G.I….or General Issue. When you join the military you become property of the US government. Otherwise how could you expect a soldier to follow orders that may very well end up with he/she getting killed. Maybe you are unaware that you can be punished under the UCMJ for simply getting a tattoo (though not usually enforced) because you are defacing government property. Remember, during wartime, it was common to sentence soldiers to harsh punishment, even death, for desertion on the battlefield. Though based on the Constitution, the UCMJ is very different when it comes to personal rights and freedoms. For instance if I wanted to leave the base and my commanding officer forbade it, I could be arrested and tried for disobeying a direct order.

1. stasis30

@dabutchur Well, thanks for the lesson. I did google it (and became irate because, well, if you are / were ever involved in the academic study of anything, unexplained acronyms are bad form). However, your comments are non sequitur, since this man was a citizen not in the US military.

2. BrianRaña

@stasis30@dabutchur Exactly. Dabutchur’s argument would only work if this traitor was part of the military.

3. dabutchur

@stasis30 Well someone using the phrase “whatever the eff that is” when they can very well look it up themselves is not very academic. But is that what we’re getting into now…my academia is bigger than yours??? How childish. But if that is how it is, your use of the latin phrase is non sequitur is incorrect…but maybe you were a math major.

4. dabutchur

@BrianRaña @stasis30 I wasn’t arguing anything. On the contrary, I agree with the both of you. You only need to see my other post below to see. It simply grinds my gears when someone who claims to be an academic uses a phrase like “whatever the eff that is” in an intellectual argument. If you don’t know…look it up. The phrase “unexplained acronyms is bad form” is choice too. Must every acronym be spelled out??? Kinda defeats the purpose of acronyms doesn’t it?

19. Duane Ranard

Dear Doctor,

I am surprised at your serious lackof intelligence and sense of rreality. Any “US CIT

20. dabutchur

Ron, I am a very vocal supporter, but you just made it harder to explain your and my positions. I agree with you, but you have to realize that public statements like this will be used to club you over the head in the next debate…especially that slime ball Santorum. He’s just waiting for another way to monopolize your debate time negatively. You are a very smart man but you need to realize that some subjects, no matter how important to our support for the constitution, freedom and liberty, are too polarizing and easily misconstrued buy you opponents for their own gain. We want to get you elected…this country needs you. Please be more careful in the future.

1. Nitroindole

@dabutchur

I agree… Dr. Paul, please make efforts to be elected first. This is most important of all.

Unfortunately there are 10s millions if not more the a half of the US population who will never accept your position on this point and hence will not vote for you. We need you to be ELECTED then all the rest.

1. dabutchur

@Nitroindole Thank you for being able to put your emotions aside and think logically. Others on this forum are not able to do that. They have obviously not read The Art of War. Ron didn’t need to come out on this issue…he didn’t need to say anything. His view on this is too unpopular for a public feed with military industrial news. Not everyone is like us…most are still hypnotized buy Glen Beck and O’Rilley and can’t see the big picture like Paul supporters do. We can’t free people from the matrix if we give the matrix more ways to keep people ensnared. Some things are just too far down the rabbit hole for many people to handle immediately.

2. silvermullet

I disagree, why should he compromise his principals to be appealing? I think that is what stands him apart from everyone else is that he never ever compromises his principals and his message just to appeal to an audience. @dabutchur _

1. Stone Serious

@silvermullet@dabutchur Exactly, Mr. Paul never changes to please public opinion. His record in Congress proves that….look it up. That’s one of the things I find so admirable about this man.

1. dabutchur

@Stone Serious @silvermullet Your missing the point entirely. No one is asking anyone to compromise anything. I agree with RP’s thoughts on this issue…I just wish he hadn’t voiced it. No one asked him, he made the conscious choice to say it. Come on, let’s be realistic. You honestly don’t think Santorum won’t use this as a weapon? You honestly don’t think it will lead to applause for Rick and jeers for Ron in a Fox debate? I mean come on, when fighting an unarmed man like Santorum, do you really think handing him a weapon like this does Paul any good?

21. Stone Serious

Anwar Al Awlaki was a CIA operative, and a KNOWN visitor to the Pentagon. His name has been attached to every so called “bomber” terrorist in the last several years, because he was running them for the CIA! They just decided for some reason to take him out NOW… However, news reports will tell you that they suddenly “found” where he was!

Gee, what a coincidence. Let’s see, Obama is at an all time low, the economy is in the tank, unemployment is sky high, what should he do? Yeah, I’ve got it…let’s knock off another terrorist and make it look like he’s actually fighting terror and defending the U.S…..that’s the ticket!!!

Read between the lines people, don’t believe what MSM wants you to believe. This killing was completely fabricated in order to give you “doubt” about Ron and his stance on defending the U.S against terrorist.

1. Nitroindole

@Stone Serious

Thi is very likely.

22. atlblue01

Stone Serious and others,
    The constitiion and rules that govern this nation apply to those who live and reside in this nation. To people like Mr. Alakwari who apparently didn’t reside here and chose to be on the other side, it really doesn’t apply. As someone who studies and does thisnfor a living, there really is no legal merit in your argument.

From personal standpoint, ifnyou think it’s wise provide covernto your enemy who wishes to destroy you, by all means that’s your choice I guess. IMO not smart but your call.

In any event, Ron Paul, it’s a shame that you cannot see the threats in front of you and you simply act like, and speak like, a liberal democract that puts this national in peril.

1. Stone Serious

@atlblue01 Well that’s pretty sad if this is “what you do and study for a living”. You obviously haven’t studied enough to know who Mr. Alakwari actually was, he is simply a pawn for the government. Did you know that Mr. Alakwari was a CIA operative, dined at the White House after 9/11 and was at the Pentagon several times? Seriously, was this man a real threat to the U.S. when you know the facts?

2. KevronRees

@atlblue01 your argument falls on its face. We try war criminals and terrorists hisorically regardless of their nationality. In America we sometimes treat others how we would like to be treated. Or at least we once did.

1. Nitroindole

@KevronRees

Now US “democracy” bomb every country in the world who wont comply with the US dictate.

3. Nitroindole

@atlblue01

This is very likely.

4. Libertarian777

so the constitution doesn’t apply to us citizens who live and work overseas? So why then are expats required to pay income tax? Are they no longer afforded the protection of the US? Then we shouldn’t bother having embassies in foreign lands, and we certainly don’t need a military to ‘project’ power since we don’t afford protection to US citizens living overseas.

23. JoeChabot

Anyone see this as a warning shot across the bow of freedom? This is stuff that China does to its own citizens in a time of dissent. Look at what is going on in Syria now, and what their government is doing to its people. How does it make us look any different from them? Granted, their government is and has been highly oppressive and the people are standing up for freedom now, and getting kicked in the ass. What’s to stop our government from doing the same to us as dissenters of the status quo? Remember, your passion to spread an idea can be more powerful than an entire garage full of TNT. I think those of you who drop from this movement because of your disagreement with a viewpoint that sides with lawful action, maybe ought to go live in another country for at least a year so that you can see the US from a different perspective. Countries don’t love us like you think they do. And they certainly don’t look up to us anymore as the beacon of hope.

We didn’t even assassinate Al’Sader (or whatever his name was) in Iraq when he was leading forces against our troops.

24. atlblue01

It amazes me that people desire to apply laws to those who reside in this country to those outside of it. Sure, Alkalwi may have been born here but he made a decision to simply switch sides. Why is it that some people cannot see the threat against this nation. When Ron Paul joins forces with Dennis Kuchinich, that all one needs to know. Mr. Paul, please do all of a favor and end your campaign and let those who are serious about protecting this nation, and understand the concept, handle it.

1. Stone Serious

@atlblue01 Please educate yourself and read the Constitution again. You either don’t understand it or you have not been paying attention…perhaps both? If we’re going to throw due process for American citizens out the window, what’s stopping the government from issuing a drone strike on American soil? What makes you think it couldn’t happen? If we can just throw away the Constitution when it pleases us, what’s the point of having a Constitution?

2. tazgolftaz

Dear Mr. Paul, PLEASE engage brain before opening mouth! I was a believer in you until you violated that cardinal rule. With your comment about that FORMER American, al-Awlaki, being denied due process for being targeted and killed, you lost all credibility with me and my vote. If part of defending and protecting OUR freedom and security as AMERICANS involves eliminating the obvious threat that al-Awlaki, the FORMER American (by his choice), was, then that’s what an AMERICAN President has do do. When al-Awlaki’s venomous sermons advocated killing AMERICAN citizens, he ceased being an American, gave up his “due process” rights, and earned the cross-hairs rights that terrorists deserve. And by the way, Stone Serious, would you be so supportive of al-Awlaki’s due process rights if he was your next door neighbor plotting how to dismember your wife and kids?

25. rdosumed

Ron,

You just lost any shred of hope to be elected to anything better than student council president with that al-Awlaki comment. I’ve been a pretty vocal supporter of your campaign up to this point. Now you’re just an embarrassment.

1. silvermullet

@rdosumed You’d probly be better off on rick santorum’s website.

1. Stone Serious

@silvermullet@rdosumed lol.

2. rdosumed

@silvermullet I’m just saying it’s sad to see what I feel was our one great hope for real change in a presidential candidate throw it all away over THIS. He jumped the shark, and no one will ever take him seriously as a presidential candidate again. You can try and spin it any way you want, but he might as well have been caught with a crack pipe or an underage girlfriend because no conservative in their right mind would vote for him now. If you believe otherwise you don’t understand the conservative base.

1. silvermullet

I disagree with you, i think what he said was it is a net benefit and he just thinks it is dangerous for the same bureaucrats you want staying out of health care and all the other stuff people don’t want he doesn’t think it is a good idea for those same bureaucrats to be dictating who gets assassinated and I think he is right. I think this position makes him stronger in my eyes, but if you agree with all of these wars and policing the world then you’ll probably disagree with him on this. @rdosumed _

2. rdosumed

@silvermullet I hope you’re right, I really do. I just see him getting railed for this from all angles.

3. silvermullet

Nah, he will catch some heat but it is going to be from the same people he always catch heat from which are the war mongering neocons and I don’t mind when they get into it with him. It tells me we must be doing something right when the establishment candidates are speaking out against dr. paul. Plus he shows how he never compromises. Why do you think an entitlement loving guy like Jon Stewart comes to Dr. Paul’s defense when he is treated unfairly? It is because he knows he disagrees with him on a lot but he also knows Dr. Paul is consistent and doesn’t compromise his principals to please some neocons. @rdosumed _

4. BrianRaña

@rdosumed@silvermullet I don’t get it! Why is it such a CRIME to want to give a war criminal a court hearing? What is this nation becoming where wanting american criminal justice for every citizen no matter how dire the crime is somehow comparable to pedophelia? The spirit of the founders is truly dead and gone if what you are saying is true. If that’s the case, we need a brand new revolution and a brand new nation, because this one is dead.

5. Libertarian777

@BrianRaña because everything the US government tells them is the truth and you’re a traitor if you dare think for yourself and ask the ‘wrong’ questions.

‘truth is treason in the empire of lies’

26. Mr. Tad

What amazes me the most is that the same people that critzice the right of bureaucrats to redistribute the taxpayers’ money to bailout scammers and help all the Solyndras out there, agree and applaud when the same bureaucrats sign selective targeting orders disregarding any legal considerations. I think it’s pretty ridiculous to say to the government “hey, don’t mess with my property, my money” and at the same time allowing them to decide, at their own discretion, whether anyone is allowed to live or die…Remember the Nuremberg Trials? And those guys were really butchers, but even them were allowed to make their case.

27. look_deeper

This action will be used 10, 15, 20 years from now as a precedent that allows the president to initiate the execution of US citizens who the president categorizes as terrorists without due process. Since none of us know what the future holds, how do you know that 20 years from now your own child will not be somehow categorized as a terrorist by the president and assassinated without a trial? Ron Paul submitted a bill to authorize the assassination of Bin Ladin. Instead, the government went to war with all of Afganistan. In the end, Bin Ladin was assassinated in Pakistan after nearly 10 yrs of war in a country other than Afganistan. Ron Paul also voted in favor of authorizing the assassinaton of terrorists involved in 9/11. He is not weak on national defense. He is thoughtful and deliberate and does not use a one-size-fits all approach.

28. look_deeper

I understand that at first glance, the reaction to this statement is that it is an unpopular position. BUT, the fact is that Ron Paul DOES NOT base his position on a specific event, such as the the assassination of this one person, nor does he base his position on a single situation, such as the existance of several hundred terrorists that want to do America harm. He bases his position on the ENTIRE outcome of a policy decision. For the first time, the US has assassinated a US citizen. Yes he was a bad man. But the president did not have Congressional authorization to do this. This occurred in Yemen, and we do not have a declared war on Yemen. To my knowledge, we did not even revoke the US citizenship of this assassinated terrorist. Ron Paul did say that there is a net-gain to this man’s assassination, but that the way it was done is reason for great concern.

29. stbartels12

When people say “you just lose my support’ because he is being weak on protecting this nation and weak on terrorism. You must not have been listening to him at all in any of his speeches. He wants a strong nation defense. He wants to bring out troops home.

Do you know why we are being attacking by terrorist in the first place? It is not because we are free, or have more money. It is because we are in their country killing their children, forcing our values and views onto them, starting preemptive war, intervening in their problems that have nothing to do with us. Tell them how to run their country.

This is called BLOWBACK. They are attacking us for what we did many years ago. And the only way to stop this, or lessen the blow-back is to get our troop our of every country around the world, and have them only protect the American citizens this nation, not others.

And the countries we are attacking have a 3rd world/rate military!

And since the government is assassinating their own people, what makes it so different from the other people that do the same in other countries, that we call terrorist?

30. miketorr

He is right the government shouldn’t be in the business of assassinating American citizens.

31. miketorr

Dr Paul is

32. oldberretateam

You just lost my support. We need leaders who will protect this nation from terrorism and the people who fight against us. You have just shown you to not have the courage to make the difficult decisions.

1. rdosumed

@oldberretateam you are spot on with this one.

1. JoshAbravanel

There is a difference between courage and fortitude. Ron Paul has the fortitude to prefer putting a terrorist on TRIAL rather than stooping down to the level of a terrorist and assassinating a US citizen, disregarding the 5th amendment. I would say if anything infiltrate Yemen only to capture him and put him through the US courts, if he is guilty we will find out after he has been fairly tried and you can cheer when he is punished to the extent that he deserves after a just and constitutional trial. The most important thing here is not to give authority to the president to assassinate US citizens at HIS discretion.

33. rlduncanjr24

You just lost me congressman. Maybe it’s time for you to retire. In case you forgot, let me remind you there is a large group of people out there in the world who have been attacking this country and our interests around the world for well over 25 years, hate the United States, and will stop at nothing to destroy us. Anything our Federal government does to defeat these people, and I mean anything, whether they are US citizens or not, is OK with me. In my opinion, if you attack this country, sympathize with, or otherwise support or defend anybody who attacks, or supports attacks against, this country, you are, if a US citizen, a traitor and should be put to death. We are at WAR, sir! Wake up and face reality. You’re either with us standing against terrorism and those that support it or you’re wrong. Which are you Mr. Ron Paul?

1. Stone Serious

Are you serious? We are in Two UNJUSTIFIED War’s at the moment….. that we started!!! Gee, I wonder why some parts of the World hates us? Because we are bullies, we march into other countries and tell them how to live their lives. Here’s a thought, STOP listening to the MSM, everyone is not out to kill you or everyone in the U.S. The MSM magnifies and fabricates stories….so you will live in fear. Don’t be so naive to fear an unknown terrorist, when you should be fearing your Government right now. You have 1,000 times better chance of being hurt by the U.S.Government… than ever a terrorist.

2. Libertarian777

if we are at war, president Obama should put a bill to congress to declare war on Yemen. If this guy was guilty of terrorism, charge him with treason and bring him to trial. If you don’t trust the courts then you have a problem with the judicial branch of government.

either we are a nation of laws or we have a dictator for a president. Which is it?

1. highmore

@Libertarian777

Yemen has refused to extradite Al Awlaki on multiple occasions. Even if the courts found him guilty of treason, do you think that he will climb on a plane and return to the US to serve his sentance. Grow up!

3. KevronRees

@rlduncanjr24 wow, anything? Really? So if the government took your family and tortured themin the name of defeating terrorism, it is okay with you?

You can stand against terrorism without killing the along with n number of innocent lives. Killing a human for anything should be a last resort type thing. Not this kill first ask questions later stupidity.

1. rlduncanjr24

KevronRees, One of the primary responsibilities of our Federal government is to protect this nation from all threats foreign and domestic. If members of my family were involved in terrorism and trying to bring about the destruction of this nation then, yes, the Federal government should do everything within their power to stop them. Whatever it takes. And if I were still serving in the US military and had to take the life of one of my own family members to prevent them from taking the lives of thousands of others I would do it without hesitation. It’s about defending this nation and the freedoms we have been blessed with and enjoy. I don’t care how bad you think this country is; it’s still the best, freest, most democratic nation on this earth and worth defending – at all costs.

34. highmore

Any (slim) chance of a Ron Paul presidency just went down the toilet with this highly unpopular viewpoint. The vast majority of voters favor drone strikes of enemy combatants.

1. Libertarian777

we’ll see how unpopular it is when they come for you.

When the creator of the ‘Liberty Coin’ is called a domestic terrorist, when raw milk providers are called food terrorists, the question is can Obama order them to be assassinated too without trial?

If you’re on the ‘terrorist’ no-fly watchlist you’re a de facto terrorist, no trial no charges. Now the president can have you assassinated.

Speak out against the current administration? that’s treason! You are a terrorist. You can now be assassinated by drone.

And down the slippery slope we slide

1. KevronRees

@Libertarian777 weeeee!

35. McKGraKucPauNad

Puppet President Barack Obama the Stealth Neocon

things are gonna get mighty rough

here in Gomorrah-By-The-Sea