Ron Paul Rises to the Top in Iowa

42 Responses

Three new polls show that Ron Paul is now the undisputed leader in Iowa, while Newt Gingrich has deflated and Rick Perry may be on the verge of making a small comeback.

Insider Advantage (12/18)

Ron Paul 24%
Mitt Romney 18%
Rick Perry 16%
Newt Gingrich 13%
Michele Bachmann 10%
Rick Santorum 3%
Jon Huntsman 4%

Link to poll (pdf)

Public Policy Polling (12/16 – 12/18)

Ron Paul 23%
Mitt Romney 20%
Newt Gingrich 14%
Rick Perry 10%
Michele Bachmann 10%
Rick Santorum 10%
Jon Huntsman 4%

Link to poll (pdf)

ISU/Gazette/KCRG (12/8 – 12/18)
(Note that the first few days of the polling period predate Gingrich’s fall)

Ron Paul 28%
Newt Gingrich 25%
Mitt Romney 18%
Rick Perry 11%
Michele Bachmann 7%
Rick Santorum 5%
Jon Huntsman 0.3%

Link to poll (html)

[poll id="40"]

Processing your request, Please wait....

42 responses to “Ron Paul Rises to the Top in Iowa”

1. wiggles

Exactly-Go Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Mikecfly

@ Human rights groups accused the president of deserting his principles and disregarding the long-established principle that the military is not used in domestic policing. The legislation has also been strongly criticised by libertarians on the right angered at the stripping of individual rights for the duration of “a war that appears to have no end”. The law, contained in the defence authorisation bill that funds the US military, effectively extends the battlefield in the “war on terror” to the US and applies the established principle that combatants in any war are subject to military detention.

We’re talking about American citizens who can be taken from the United States and sent to a camp at Guantánamo Bay and held indefinitely. It puts every single citizen American at risk,” he said. “Really, what security does this indefinite detention of Americans give us? The first and flawed premise, both here and in the badly named Patriot Act, is that our pre-9/11 police powers were insufficient to stop terrorism.

America this is why we need Ron Paul more than ever

3. wiggles

If we all stand together and fight for Ron Paul - tell everyone we know why we support him- do anything that we can to help him and not give up - we will prevail- Ron Paul For President of the United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. wiggles

Yes we will give the media , the newspapers and all the republicans- by the way I am not a republican- I am a Ron Paul supporter no matter what party he is! Go Ron Paul!

5. wiggles

Yes I agree that Ron Paul needs our prayers and from what I see he walks pretty close to God- I do pray for him and I pray he can win to save our country!

6. wiggles

This is to the two people that responded to my comment- Thank you- Ron Paul is a kind man and he brings out the best in people- we will work together and help make him our next President !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Sanjay Mehta

Mr. Paul is the first and possibly only sensible Republican voice to emerge in the past couple of decades in the US. His views are a breath of fresh air in a polluted political environment where every politician has his/her own agenda. I really hope - nay pray- that he wins and is able to make his voice and views heard to a wider audience. My only regret is that as a Singaporean I am unable to help him physically or financially to win the nomination. Good Luck.

8. philosophicalRanter

Philosophical Ranter: (President) Ron Paul - A Real Breath of Fresh Air

Please share

9. ProudTEX

OMG - Ron Paul destroyed the so called "top tear/contender".

Ron Paul for 2012

10. gegil1

Have you guys seen the Tea Party Patriots poll? Ron Paul only had 3% and Gingrich won. These results are totally skewed. A representative of this local tea party movement had said it herself in an interview on fox. She said there were 23,000 participants, but VERY FEW WERE ABLE TO VOTE. Only those who donated were allowed to take part in this straw poll. She then went onto say that (i'm not sure on the exact numbers) under 1,000 people actually voted. In other words you had to pay to vote. This is in no way represents the tea party. This poll is a joke, and a pathetic attempt by the media to pass it off as a legitimate poll. We need to spread the word. I don't remember who interviewed her, but if you find the interview on youtube or where ever listen closely. The interview says "wow 23,000 is a lot of voters" and the representative answers with only very few voted, then the interviewer tries to change the conversation. PASS THIS ON

1. gegil1

The media is trying to say that the tea party does not support Paul. We have to let people know that this is simply not true.

11. RobertFallin

HistoryBuff, have you noticed VOICEOFREASON doesn't engage me? He hasn't challenged any of my comments about the NAZI / Zionist connection, the '67 war, UN Resolution 242 or the attack on the USS Liberty. I might also add "The Dancing Israelis," Mossad agents who were dancing with glee on a rooftop while watching the World Trade Center burn. Instead of locking them into Gitmo,

the Mossad agents were allowed to return to Israel, where they told a TV viewer they were on that rooftop near the burning WTC to "record the event."

12. KyGun

I agree if we dont protect him they will find a way to get rid of him. I hope he has serious security measures in place. This is a sad friggin government running the U.S.A when you know the threat is obvious. Sad!

13. KyGun

People voting "NO" I want to meet just one of you because I have never met one in my day to day life. I think about 25 percent are to young to vote, 50 percent have never voted in their life and the other 25 percent are just voting "NO" because they want to be different, because honestly they cant possibly be serious if they knew what Ron Paul will do for this country.

14. NewCovenantThinker

To Ron Paul supporters, I did not vote in the last two presidential elections. But, I am now voting for Dr. Ron Paul. Before, I felt that picking between the two parties was like having to pick between the devil, and the son of the devil - the Democrats, and the Republicans. Honestly, I see both sides as being absolute traitors, to the American taxpayers. Anyway, 50% of Americans do not vote. I say, we need to reach out to these people, who are undecided, or disillusioned with Big Gov. Getting their vote is even more important than trying to change the minds of people, who are already deeply entrenched in their views. Talk to those who have lost all faith in politics. Explain how Dr. Paul is fearlessly taking on Big Gov. with all it's corruption, overspending, and backroom deals. Explain how he is fighting for the average American, and working to expose Big Gov's deeply embedded corruption, when no one else will. If we can each change just one undecided person's mind, and make sure that they get to the polls, we can win! Imagine if we each doubled, or tripled, our votes, by reaching out to the other 50%!!!

15. dagobertotorres

Heads:I win

Tail: You loose

Those people must be really scared.

16. Steve B

Anyone hear John Cafferty on CNN? He describes all of the frustrations of Dr. Paul's supporters. Even the fact that when he wins Iowa that Republicans will deflect it to whomever comes in second. He went on talking about how Dr. Paul is not just getting support from the Republican party but getting much support from Democrats and Independents like myself. Finally some positive press for a man who has Americas true interest in his heart and not being driven by politics as usual by consisting of the same rhetoric that we have been hearing for the past many years. Thank you John Cafferty and thank you to all Ron Paul Supporters. We will not give in to these bullies. Keep the message going strong that enough is enough

17. Dennis Johnson

Ron Paul is a "Clown car" in a field of Clowns called "Ron Paul Supporters". What an idiot.

1. JerryFair

It takes one to know one. @Dennis Johnson

1. Dennis Johnson

@JerryFair

Anyone that compares politicians to cars has got to be mentally challanged.

Horses asses are a better comparison. You probably relate to that pretty good.

1. JerryFair

Oh that stung. Please ease up on me. I can't take it any more. @Dennis Johnson

2. KyGun

You put "clown car" in quotes? Is that not your words? Hope not, it was really really stupid. Not really a political argument. If thats all you got then just dont bother, and vote for someone else. @Dennis Johnson

3. wiggles

@Dennis Johnson

Ron Paul is no clown- He has delivered 4,000 babies in this world and knows the constitution word for word- He is a real person!!!!!

1. Dennis Johnson

@wiggles

I would have thought that Ron Paul delivered more than 4000 babies. I think the number is closer to 6,000, ---all born brain dead and all Ron Paul supporters. You prove this point.

1. RobertFallin

Yeah, Dennis, you would certainly know "brain dead".

Do you have anything to contribute besides fertilizer for my rose bushes?@Dennis Johnson @wiggles

2. wiggles

@Dennis Johnson

Are you sure you are not the one brain dead- you are so quick to say stupid things like that. We are talking about who would be the best candidate for the presidency- not mud slinging- I don't like that!

3. JerryFair

@RobertFallin@Dennis Johnson@wiggles

"fertilezer for my rose bushes?" I love it. That should shut him up for awhile.

4. RobertFallin

It did, but like a bad case of the clap, he keeps coming back. @JerryFair @Dennis Johnson @wiggles

18. JerryFair

Ron Paul is a Rolls Royce in a field of Studabakers.

19. dagobertotorres

This speaks for itself

20. Dante

Yes, we must be cynical at this point about a fair vote considering the media blackout and total effort by the powers that be to ignore him.

1. KyGun

Just by talking about here is actually helping. @Dante

21. Dante

What can we do to counter the media blackout? Yahoo.com has a story that Mitt Romney and Gringrich are tied in Iowa, blatant attempts to deceive America, no stories on who the frontrunner is--can we protest? Boycott these news agencies? It's a wholesale embarrassment to an allegedly democratic nation.

1. WiseCaveOwl

Not so. I've seen 3 "RP leads" stories on Yahoo today alone. Give it a rest. The Democrat MSM will give RP plenty of coverage, because they'd like to see him go 3P and split the Repub Pty wide open.

22. Bjorn Inge Johansen

Hi good people. I am ruting for Ron Paul from my home here in Norway,, As i pay my property Tax notice from Arizona state i sure am hoping for Liberty and to find the country i left 3 yers ago. Let me tell u Ron paul will be a boost to develupment and prosperity just from people like me that are waiting for comfert and security in the constitusjon rather than the game that has been played out lately by several past people in office.. Good luck to you all. First we free america,Then we free Europe.. Have a Grate cristmas and a happy new year

Best reguards

Bjorn Inge Johansen

23. DaveJewett

Ron Paul critics - How you like the taste of crow!

24. wiggles

Ron Paul is who we need- since I have been watching everything that Ron Paul says- other people are using his words- Vice President Biden today- The Taliban are not our enemt-we need to make peace with them.Ron Paul knows what it will take to stop all these useless wars- we need to elect him and listen!

1. JerryFair

The trouble is Biden does not really believe what he said. He is just trying to get an advantage in the election but it is too late. I am a liberal democrat who voted for Obama but I will not vote for Obama this time. Many people will not get away from Obama no matter what but there are many like me who will and we will be voting for Ron Paul. He is the only candidate that makes sense. All the other republican candidates will continue with the Obama/Bush policies. They will even expand those policies. It's time for a real leader to take over and that leader is Ron Paul. @wiggles

1. gegil1

@JerryFair@wiggles @wiggles you're the first liberal I like! You're open minded. I was on the far right before, so naturally we should hate each other. That's another thing I like about Ron Paul. He seems to unite people rather than promote class warfare like all the other people in office like to do.

1. JerryFair

@gegil1@wiggles Thanks for nice comment but before we move in together I should tell you I am for Ron Paul until he gets the debt under control and the economy back and the troops back and ends foreign aid but after he does all that I will be yelling again for my liberal causes.

2. KyGun

I have noticed that as well. He seems to have all his opponents speaking his language. I wanted him to be president that last 2 times he ran. I just wonder why it took America so long to recognize him. @wiggles

25. Battwann88

I don't know if Dr Paul will win, I hope so. I also hope that Gary Johnson will support him and drop out early, instead of splitting the libertarian vote. Gary Johnson has been polling at 1 or 2 percent in Iowa, there is no hope for him to win. But this 1 or 2 percent can help Dr Paul tremendously. He needs to see the light and *Unite* with the Ron Paul 2012 camp.