61 responses to ““Ron Paul Leads in Iowa. How Can We Bring Him Down?””

1. ExLonghorn
    1. CarolFryer

@ExLonghorn Thanks ExLonghorn. I have been aware of this for a long time. Unfortunately I hate the way different groups with other agendas attach themselves to an issue that is legitimate and use it for their own purpose. Kind of like the ACLU fighting for an issue on religious rights and later using it again innocent church going people, or making up something like separation of church and state for political advantage. Im just a simple citizen, but I know how to read, and its just not there. It doesnt take a lawyer to understand it. I have only one problem with environmental issues and groups. They attach global warming to everything which I see absolutely no proof for. You can get anyone to say something is true, but you need actual facts to back it up. So I steer clear of these groups. I was part of the original tea party that questioned everyything and anything. Since it got taken over by the GOP you can only ask their questions. When anything grows it morphs when it does, just like our congress and government has done very badly over the years.

1. CarolFryer

@ExLonghorn And on top of that , with all the groups screaming, nothing ever gets done to stop it. I get tons of requests for money from conservative groups and they have been at it for years. And nothing ever gets done. I just delete it all now. Because I find them all hijacked by government and just liars.

2. CarolFryer

Merry Christmas everyone. You too Dennis. You need it the most. You sound like you work for Gingrich and are having a very hard day…lol.

3. Dennis Johnson

LOL. I know, Ron Paul should thank me for exposing him and all the Loons that are foaming at the mouth for him. He will most likely be the new sensation on Saturday Night Live.” The Racist, Insane Clown.” Sounds like a good name for a new group of re-tards that are voting for him.

1. ExLonghorn

@Dennis Johnson Hey DJ, we are simply asking you to provide a source or SOME kind of facts to back up your claim that RP is racist. The thing about Ron Paul’s supporters is that they seem to be a “show me the money” bunch. Words don’t go far with us. Facts, data, and logic are far more persuasive.

And if you’re such a monumental genius, who are you suggesting we vote for instead, and why? Like I tell my employees, don’t just complain…start offering solutions.

4. Dennis Johnson

Ron Paul is a racist and so is most of the Ron Paul Fan club. You’re all good for a laugh though. Keep up the good work. I have put a link to this goon ball site everyplace I can so that everyone can see that Ron Pauls support base is just as loony as he is. LOL. Merry Christmas.

1. ExLonghorn

@Dennis Johnson Thanks for spreading the message, DJ. If you have any facts that Dr. Paul is a racist, then please share what you know. The newsletters weren’t written by RP, so you’ll have to come up with better material.

2. dsaf

@Dennis Johnson

DJ,

Perhaps your the racist and your problem with Paul is he’s not Obama?

1. ExLonghorn

@dsaf dsaf, sorry but just slinging baseless accusations doesn’t mean shit, and it doesn’t do a damn thing for those opposed to racism (like myself) except make us tired of people like you resorting to claims of racism at the drop of a hat. Man up and have a real debate and real facts. Don’t try making up garbage on people..it comes across as a real weakness. Oh…by the way….what race and nationality am I?

5. JosephSisson

Dr. Paul you are a scholar and a gentlemen and if I could I would vote for you. I am a Canadian who shares your views on freedom from big government interfering in the lives of the people. After watching your CNN interview (the uncut version posted online) with Gloria Borger I strongly suggest that you adopt: “I UNDERSTAND HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS” as your campaign slogan. You did a brilliant job defending yourself from the clear “agenda” of the malicious so called journalist Borger.

In an attempt to find the proverbial skeletons in your closet, the “system” is wanting in anything substantive so they are grasping at straws.

I have been “campaigning” for you since I heard about you many months ago and look forward to watching your inauguration as the next President of the United States of America.

God bless and God speed in your campaign.

Cheers from Canada!

Joseph Sisson

6. jfb

Even Eric Dondero, who was a close associate of Ron Paul during those years,who has become a staunch opponent of him, confirmed that Ron Paul DID NOT WRITE THOSE NEWSLETTERS. However he added that he was reading them. If that man his now calling Paul “dangerous” because of his non interventionnist policy, if he is leading his own war on Paul but confirm, as an insider, that such letters were written by ghostwritters, what else does one need?

Does it mean that Arianna Huffington write the entire Huffington post all by herself?

Ya, Paul has an indirect responsability for what I would call “occasional offensive material” rather than racist material, it seems that all those quotes appeared during the period 1991-1993. But questionning someone 20 years after and asking if he authorized a specific excerp, who can remember a specific paragraph in a newspaper 20 years after?

7. CarolFryer

Google Graduate school of Political Management/ Lance Morgan / George Washington University. It has way more on him.

8. CarolFryer

Heres the post I found on Youtube about Ron Paul storming out of the interview, which was over by the way.

Gloria Berger is married to Lance Morgan who is chief communications strategist at Powell Tate in Washington DC. He specializes in developing and executing communications strategies for public debates, crisis communication and media training.

Morgan provides communications council to clients facing national and international media attention because of public policy controversies, congressional oversight hearings, criminal and civil investigationsby law enforcement agencies, labor management negotiations and trade disputes. He also regularly prepares clients for congressional testimony.

It seems the man is very closely tied to government. I wonder who is targeting Paul.

One of the videos I watched was labeled Ron Paul calls CNN reporter stupid and walks off. He was right. She was stupid.

And maybe he hates Paul the most because he doesnt need his business. He speaks honestly and right from the heart. No telaprompter there…lol.

9. CarolFryer

Also someone posted on that youtube video of her grilling him that her husband is connected to benifit from it if Ron Paul does go down. I forget what his business is but hes the reason shes doing this.

10. CarolFryer

In the video with some news lady grilling Paul about this, he answered her and explained it a number of times and confronted her about the fact that shes asked the same question over and over for years and she still didnt hear his answer. He was standing right there talking to her and she couldnt hear him? I heard him and understood completely. How stupid these people must be if they can understand plain english. Perhaps they think if they ignore his answers the way theyve been trying to ignore him others will think its legitimate. Its just not working on me. I understood him and she must be in another reality. Or maybe shes just a liberal. Or maybe shes just a neocon. I dont know, but its obvious she didnt like him. Too bad. Im still voting for him. I watched and I heard. If others dont, they wont know. Do they want to know. Thats the question.

11. CarolFryer

Even at my job in a totally liberal area people are starting to pay close attention to Ron Paul. What a wonderful Revolution. Its like it was getting so scarey and dark and now the light is starting to shine brighter and brighter. Now there TRUE HOPE for freedom. It will be just the beginning though, because the war machine and the UN junkies will be very angry and want revenge. But then also, the antz, (us) will be free to pick up the pitch forks and defend ourselves , our loved ones , and our freedoms.

12. RogerLeeVestJr

You guys have to understand if he comes out and treats this issue as serious as some of you are making it out to be then the media will make him look like he is accepting guilt for the actions. They will spin this as “now he has admitted it by professing he neglected the issue” which in turn will lead people to question how close he will watch thing when/if he is in office. He is doing the right thing. Making it a none issue which it is. Regardless of what happened 20 years ago (you know when an interracial couple couldn’t walk down the street together in most places) what matters is his issues now. Cain’s affair didn’t matter either. Why should it. The President can get action on the side and not be impeached (and was well documented by his Governorship in Arkansas prior to him being elected) but its not okay for someone running to do so. All these none issues are being concentrated on and its American stupidity at its finest. Its the old magicians illusion. You watch my right hand while I do something with my left hand. Concentrate on affairs, newsletters, and whatever else but don’t look at the Economy, what the GOP did when Bush was in office, and so on. We need to concentrate on the issues and exactly where the most consistent candidates have stood and stand. Paul needs to keep on doing what Paul is doing because this is what got him where he is.

13. ExLonghorn

How can they bring Ron Paul down? Well, there are two fairly big Achilles Heel’s to RP, and I’m a fan of his.

First, the newsletters. Yeah, it’s old. Yeah, he didn’t write the stuff. But the reality is that he sold it, and as a result he’s responsible for it. Just like any other entity selling a product, he’s responsible for it. So far, he’s done a pretty awful job of conveying that responsibility by brushing it off and disavowing it. Sorry, it’s still yours. Did he publish a formal retraction/correction in subsequent newsletters? No. Because he wasn’t reading them? Then he’s guilty of negligence. Negligence is not a good quality in a President.

Second, his belief in essentially gutting all regulation and leaving everything to the courts in the guise of property rights. Yea, that’s why we have lawyers. But this all assumes that an economic penalty is adequate to prevent pollution, negligence, malpractice, pyramid schemes, fraud, etc. If you’re of a lower economic state, then the penalty for acting poorly is really inadequate because Paul’s views would potentially remove many government regulations that also have criminal penalties (OSHA, EPA, etc.). There must be parities between torts and remedies. and in many cases there are economic torts that merit criminal penalties. I’m just saying a path for criminal penalties must remain. Also, what if the defendant is unable or refuses to pay the judgement and declares bankruptcy? Sounds like bankruptcy should be eliminated as well. Is this something RP favors? I really want to vote for RP, but some of these things are concerning.

1. StockingStuffer

@ExLonghorn

Let me get this straight.

Twenty years ago someone put some crazy, racist stuff in newsletters bearing Ron Paul’s name and written in the first person as if they were from Ron Paul.

Ron Paul never read them.

Ten years ago, when confronted with some of the crazy stuff (I’m trying really hard not to use “crazy s**t” here), Ron Paul says he wrote them, but they must be taken in their whole context to understand them.

Fast forward to the present and Ron Paul never wrote them, does not know who wrote them, cannot recall the names of anyone who worked for him who might have written them, is shocked to learn he made big money off them, and people think this guy has the qualifications to be President of the United States?

Letting someone write bat crap crazy stuff under your name, not knowing who they are or what they are doing, profiting from them, then taking responsibility before denying responsibility is credible?! hmmmm….

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman” arrives at “I did not read those newsletters with my name on them.”

1. ExLonghorn

@StockingStuffer I don’t recall seeing any evidence that Ron Paul “says he wrote them”. Let’s be clear…the guy is not a racist. There’s been plenty of investigation to say that with confidence. My concern is that he isn’t handling this issue very well in interviews, and that there IS an issue with the fact that he didn’t exercise proper control over an enterprise be personally profited from.

1. The Hatchet

@ExLonghorn@StockingStuffer

Debating with me whether or not he is a racist, has no effect. The effect is the smear portrayal by the media who will paint him to be a cooky loon. Mr. Paul is getting a taste of his own medicine, having smeared others reputations, painting them to be someone they are not. “Hey, it’s in his own words” is easy, so easy to contend, and it’s so so easy to string together clips or quotes to create a false narrative. Hope Dr. Paul enjoys the character assassination that he brought onto himself. It’s Karma if you ask me. And this is only the first round, just getting started. 9-11 conspiracy theorist, standing tall with the worst traitor in American history, payouts from Big Business, these will be exciting topics to come. Then there’ll be round three. “Hey, it’s just doing the job that the media isn’t doing themselves,” right?

2. jfb

@StockingStuffer@ExLonghorn

1) Not all the material was crazy or racist, some of the quotes (like the “hate withey day” for the Martin Luther King day) are not so offensive; it depends what the author heared on TV that specific day, but it’s certanly not as odd than the quote regarding black thugs who are stealing you

2) Lew Rockwell became the editor of the newsletter in May 1988, such kind of material started to appear a few months after here and there. But Paul cannot accuse Rockwell because when you point a finger at someone, he will not like it and he is likelly to retaliate and try to bring you down

3) It’s unbelievable that Ron Paul did not read any of the issues, but possible that he didn’t read all of them or doesn’t remember if he read a specific excerp when he is questionned many years after

If he lies about this, the truth will come out

4) It’s unbelievable that RP doesn’t know roughly who made some of the quotes, saying that he hasn’t to reveal their names would have been a safer approach

5) If RP didn’t deny the authorship in the mid 1990′s, but didn’t claim that he wrote them, it is clearly because it was easier to sell subscriptions if the readers thought that RP was behind each lines; maybe because RP was making money from it, maybe ( more probably) because his associates, who were not physicians, needed that money even more

2. CarolFryer

@ExLonghorn I think personally the newsletters are old and a non issue. Yes they are trying to blow it up as though its him, but his supporters seem to be smarter then that. I think also Rons idea of stripping regulations is just the beginning. To take them one at a time and strip them and redo them to the constitution would be great. Theres allot of work to do on that. Think about how many unconstitutional laws and regulations this and other congresses have passed over the years. Congress will be busy busy, If, and thats a big if, we can get a group in there to adhere to the constitution. The whole lot of them in there are mostly so corrupt its scarey. And Bone head Beohner cant say no or make a stand if his life depended on it.

1. ExLonghorn

@CarolFryer I agree that RP’s supporters are smart enough to get past the newsletter issue. We need to concern ourselves with Independents and others who may be on the fence. I’m happy that nothing more has popped up on CNN or other news outlets on this subject for the past couple days. Let’s see who brings it up next.

Ironically, the fastest way Paul will have an impact is by issuing Executive Orders. Getting his policies pushed through Congress is going to be a challenge I will relish.

1. CarolFryer

@ExLonghorn I also belong to a group of 9/12 network people and the moderator Jared is doing the newletter thing and racist statements trying to slam him. The feed just started, so it will be interesting to see where it goes. I did let him know it doesnt move me and asked if he will ban me because I intend to vote for Ron Paul, if for nothing else, to watch Neil Cavuto get indigestion…lol I love to watch their faces get all twisted when they cant entrap him…

It would no doubt be an interesting year and Ill be looking forward to it.

14. deanzna

i think the gop wants obama to stay in, the gop knows that die hard gop voters will support anyone the gop noms, BUT Ron Paul supporters will never support the lesser of two evils. RP2012! wear your shirts and sticker your rides!

1. CarolFryer

@deanzna If you notice just before any big big vote, Beohner would go aside with Reid and Obama and who ever in a private meeting. What do you think they do. They sell us down the tubes to the left. I think both parties have it worked out this way to defend their thrones. Think about how all liberal views of our constitution always are used in court and law and in the making of our laws.

15. standrkm

So all people can come up with now is some kind of supposed racism accusation? There’s evidence all over the web that completely disproves this if people would just look. Anyway, I doubt there’s only one racist person on that stage. Some hate Muslims, some hate gays, some hate monogamy, some hate liberty. The choice is clear and I hope people can see through the b.s. spin.

1. monkfsu

@standrkm Problem is people just speak with no idea what they are speaking about and can not back up what they say with fact.

1. The Hatchet

@monkfsu@standrkm

I feel ya standrkm and monkfsu.

“If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be….(it’s them) 95 percent of the black men in Washington, D.C., who) are “semi-criminal or entirely criminal.”

I hate’em….they stank!

Now, let’s make an ad showing how Gingrich flip-flopped on hating the black man. Ron Paul is the only consistent supporter of white power and anti-zionist ideals.

Sieg Heil Ron Paul 2012!

16. The Hatchet

Who believes Ron Paul could get any of his ideas passed through Congress?

Has RP ever had success passing any law through Congress?

1. ExLonghorn

@The Hatchet Recall that bills are first referred to committees, and that is where most of his proposed legislation died…without being acted on or voted on by the House as a whole. It’s actually pretty easy to kill a bill by pulling a few strings in the committees.

1. The Hatchet

@ExLonghorn

If the Big Boss can’t build support for his proposals, aren’t they just ‘ feel good’ proposals?

1. ExLonghorn

@The Hatchet Not necessarily. The most important impact of a Paul Presidency is his likely appointment of 1-3 Supreme Court justices during his first term. Obviously these appointments will carry a legacy long beyond his Presidency. Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Anthony Kennedy, and Antonin Scalia are all in their 70′s and close to retirement. He can also make progress by issuing and repealing Executive Orders. Then there’s the cabinet posts and Federal judges throughout the nation, not to mention the Fed Chairman. While any huge changes will require the support of Congress, there’s plenty that Paul can do.

17. Scott R

TRIV I believe where Ron Paul stands on the issues is more important then endorsements. So you would rather support Neut who took 1.6 mil from Fannie and Freddie during a period that they may have committed FRAUD? How about the fact that our houses lost 40% of the value mostly because of these firms? Or how about Romney who has been on both sides of the LIFE and GOVERNMENT RUN HEATH CARE debate? Your article says right in it Dr. Paul is promoting a balanced budget, not these persons and anyone that supports that idea should get at least a small pat on the back for THAT IDEA. I’m SURE he doesn’t endorse all of their policies and ideas.

18. standrkm

What’s scary is no president has lost re-election during wartime (or hopefully I got that wrong) and Obama’s about to get us into WW3. :(

1. IckyPeople

you sir, are an idiot. @standrkm

1. KumoriBare

@IckyPeople@standrkm

The difference is that this is one of our first wars that were pre-emptive. The whole of the american people no longer want this war, the people in WW2 and other such that you refer to, did want the wars, however wrongly brainwashed they were by the media at the time.

This won’t be a factor.

19. monkfsu

He has already addressed these issues in the past and there is no need for him to address them again.

1. The Hatchet

@monkfsu Just so you know, on the O’Reilly Factor last night, Dr. Paul once-and-for-all made his position perfectly clear, saying, “I’m in no way, shape or form involved in any kind of niggerdom. Niggers, Jews, Homo-sexuals, Mexican, A-rabs, and all different sorts of Chinks…I hate ‘em! They STINK!”

Whew…that’s the kind of fresh air we’ve been waiting to hear. Don’t let the liberal media tell you how to think and feel! If you have hate in your heart, just let it out!

Heil Ron Paul 2012!

And, just so everyone knows, Newt Gingrich is the leader of the underground Zionist movement in America, and he’s actually working with Santa Claus to plant bombs in government buildings around the country this X-mas eve. I just previewed RP’s new ad coming out this week on Gingrich. If the media isn’t going to do their job, just leave it to the great Dr to expose the truth.

1. monkfsu

@The Hatchet Bill O’Reilly is an ignorant fool. I will not even get into a discussion that references anything to him.

2. The Hatchet

@monkfsu@The Hatchet

RP repeated his lucid thoughts on never ever ever supporting niggerdom while doing the “Burning the Midnight Coon Oil with David Duke” show if you missed him on O’Reilly. Then, tomorrow after the weekly scheduled “Death To America, Death To Israel” prayer time, he’ll be doing Al Jazzera in Tehran via satellite; so, ya, check it out.

Seig Heil Ron Paul 2012!

3. monkfsu

@The Hatchet Your ignorance just speaks for itself.

4. The Hatchet

@monkfsu Your brilliance just speaks for itself.

5. monkfsu

@The Hatchet Thank you!

6. The Hatchet

@monkfsu You ARE welcome!!! You win a chance now to do the Smarty Pants Dance!

20. monkfsu

I’ll tell you why, it is because we, who stand up for our civil liberties and freedoms, will do anything to get the good old boy elite network out. So even if these other candidates were crazy, they were not more of the same. You ask how can he have supported them, well, here is the quote “Paul will offer this open endorsement to the four candidates because each has signed onto a policy statement that calls for “balancing budgets, bring troops home, personal liberties and investigating the Federal Reserve,” the Paul aide said. I think that answers your question. Even though they may be nuts on some things, the fundamental core is what RP is all about. We must do everything that we can to get this country back from the global elites and the crooked bankers. I would back anyone that is not a puppet and stands firm in their own beliefs and especially with beliefs such as Ron Paul’s. Now, I do not know too much about those 4, but I’m sure a lot of the spin on them is exactly what RP is facing now from the mainstream media. Every GOP nominee running right now except for Paul and maybe Huntsman is just another puppet that will do what they are told to do and will do ANYTHING for money. It did not matter if McCain won or Obama, the same situtations would have occurred and the response by McCain would have been exactly the same as Obama’s current response to these issues. Ron Paul backed those 4 because he would not back the crooked establishment.

21. Ryan834455

Excellent response by Paul. Confidently dismissed the news as meaningless. Giving it any more explanation would give it credibility. It’s worthless, over, and proof they are attacking Ron Paul.

22. Ryan834455

@OPH Patrick The proof is in the pudding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3EADdr-5AY

1. OPH Patrick

@Ryan834455 LOL did you even watch the video or just link it???

2. monkfsu

He just linked it.

23. IanAndrewHyslop

That was definitely a gotcha question. If I were you Ron I would bring with me this newsletter in which you disavowed the racist comments. They will keep bringing this up and you need some ammunition to fire back on this question.

24. philosophicalRanter

Please share

25. philosophicalRanter

Philosophical Ranter: (President) Ron Paul – A Real Breath of Fresh Air

26. standrkm

If Paul doesn’t become president then we deserve what we get. We lose, they win. Might as well be the end of the world. But I think he will be our next president and if they try that recount electronic voter fraud crap again that got Bush elected and he loses, watch out because a lot of people are not going to be happy. Yeah I believe elections could very well be rigged in this day and age. Though it’s probably only necessary if the corrupt media somehow fails to get it’s horse elected.

27. OPH Patrick

T hen its our responsibility to educate them.

28. OPH Patrick

Rick, Please listen to Mr. Paul, he said he did not write nor does he support those ideas. Try keeping you’re head in the real issues, and stop being lead astray by this pompous comments that are trying to be little a man because he does have the right ideas and policy’s.

29. adh1952

I would hate to see what happens to America if Dr. Paul does not win!

30. MannieHild

This “racist newsletter” crap is 20+ years old. If that’s all they have…wow.

31. Markz8888

I watched the full 10 minute interview and Ron Paul really gives it to this clown in the end.

People need to stop being so flippin’ narrow-minded and just listen to what Ron Paul is saying because he is America’s last hope.