Ron Paul Maintains Lead in Iowa: Paul 24%, Romney 20%, Gingrich 13%

The last week and a half has brought little change in the standings for the Iowa Republican caucus: Ron Paul continues to lead Mitt Romney by a modest margin, 24-20. Newt Gingrich is in 3rd at 13% followed by Michele Bachmann at 11%, Rick Perry and Rick Santorum at 10%, Jon Huntsman at 4%, and Buddy Roemer at 2%.

Public Policy Polling (12/26 – 12/27)

Ron Paul 24%
Mitt Romney 20%
Newt Gingrich 13%
Michele Bachmann 11%
Rick Perry 10%
Rick Santorum 10%
Jon Huntsman 4%
Buddy Roemer 2%

Link to poll (pdf)

PPP surveyed 565 likely Republican caucus voters on December 26th and 27th. The
margin of error for the survey is +/-4.1%. Below are a few selected crosstabs. There are lots more in the pdf file released by PPP.

Ron Paul leads among voters whose most important issue is “government spending, reducing the debt”

Ron Paul 30%
Mitt Romney 18%
Rick Santorum 15%
Michele Bachmann 12%
Newt Gingrich 11%
Rick Perry 6%
Buddy Roemer 2%
Jon Huntsman 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure 6%

Ron Paul leads among voters whose most important issue is “foreign policy/national security”

Ron Paul 31%

Someone Else/Not Sure 5%

Ron Paul vs Mitt Romney among age groups:

18 to 29: Paul 37%, Romney 8%
30 to 45: Paul 34%, Romney 13%
46 to 65: Paul 20%, Romney 21%
66+: Paul: 12%, Romney 34%

“Who do you think is going to win the Iowa caucuses?”

Ron Paul 29%
Mitt Romney 15%
Newt Gingrich 8%
Michele Bachmann 7%
Rick Santorum 5%
Rick Perry 4%
Jon Huntsman 1%
Buddy Roemer 1%
Someone else/Not sure 30%

1. Ron Paul Maintains Lead in Iowa: Paul 24%, Romney 20%, Gingrich 13% I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks! your article about Ron Paul Maintains Lead in Iowa: Paul 24%, Romney 20%, Gingrich 13%Best Regards Lawrence

2. Sharing some thing is superior than keeping up-to our self, therefore the YouTube video that is posted at this juncture I am going to share with my relatives and mates.

3. Admiring the hard work you put into your blog and detailed information you provide. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed information. Fantastic read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

4. This is a good posting, I was wondering if I could use this write-up on my website, I will link it back to your website though. If this is a problem please let me know and I will take it down right away

5. Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

6. I worth the content article. Many thanks Once again. Maintain writing.

7. Hi, this is Bommetje from China. Don't forget that the voting-machines in the US are really really really really untrustworthy (see the documentary ''Hacking Democracy''), so for Ron Paul to win ANY election ''his people'' should address that issue first and foremost (and see to it that the counting is done manually and refuse to vote into a machine you cannot trust at all) otherwise it's a lost battle before anything starts and all the good work was for nothing...... Hopefully the truth about stuff happening to prevent us humans to live to our fullest potential will come out soon and we leave this whole pathetic drama behind us.... Bye for now as they say in China

8. We are worried about the vote count, Ron Paul should do even better in the vote because all his supporters will turn out. But as Stalin said, it's who counts the votes that counts.

• @Dante We will see tonight. What will matter is exactly how we deal with it. People need to stand up and defend their vote and demand accurate tallies. I do not like the counting being done outside of view in a "secure" location do to some very questionable concerns of attack from a hacker group referred to as ANONYMOUS or some such. The votes at the caucus are done visually and no electronic machines are used at all as far as I am aware. People need to stand up. If results are questionable in any way tonight then everyone needs to vote Paul in in their states primaries and caucuses just to test exactly how far those who would tamper with the vote are willing to go to accomplish their nefarious ends whatever they may be.

9. Ron Paul is simply an amazing man.

10. There is another poll that's not listed here. It's the poll that shows who's the most insane candidate and Ron Paul is first there also with 81% of the vote. It shows how much support he has amongst the mentally insane and has a good picture of them all jumping off the cliff with him. He has a parachute of course, like he did in his last run for pres. and will be back in the next election.

• Right there with Thomas Jefferson and the loonies who formed the Constitution of the United States which was the longest standing Constitution of any country in the world until the olligarchy got power. @Dennis Johnson

• @Dennis Johnson can you cites something from the principles of RP that you believe are insane in your point of view?

11. Maybe a selfish geriatric segment living off the fat of the past don't care since they figure that they wouldn't be the ones walking in the hard boots carrying the backpacks and fighting the corporate wars. So, leave it to Beaver! Well... let me tell you about something that should be considered... those wars ultimately will be paid with that 50% of your retirement fund that was left from the 2008 crash. Also, there will be a rude awakening when there is a non existing US Postal Service delivering a greatly reduced SSN check to that mail box in the foreclosing and crumbling home. So, wake up and smell the roses! Seems the roles have reversed and now the young has greater wisdom than the old!

• @nicanora Well said. I am older but would say it's time for "out with the old and in with the young". The war on drugs was a scam; most of our wars overseas lead to new central banks and new corporate markets (at our expense); the fear of terrorism has led to the destruction of our freedom; and we continue to get closer to that one world government!

• @frankdenver7 Thanks! I appreciate your reply. I am old but it makes me feel bad when I look around and see the mess that we are leaving behind for the young to clean up. Their future is bleak, I don't want to walk a mile in their shoes.

• @frankdenver7

I encourage you to put this in search, it is quite interesting.

Prepare for the Worst | Ron Paul

• @nicanora@frankdenver7

Why is it necessary to be insulting? There are plenty of ignorant young people, too. We've all been scammed by our government: We're all in this together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB-vwLzhRI0&feature=related

• @BlackSunshine84@frankdenver7 I didn't intend to be insulting. I apologize if you interpret my comment that way. But numbers don't lie. I based my opinion in the statistics by age which appear right above. And yes, I do still feel sorry for all those young people who will not enjoy what my generation did. Union membership, work rights, decent salaries, medical insurance, 401k, affordable housing, holidays, vacations, Social Security, education without student loans. I can see what the few still employed people around me are going through. They are living on a plantation!

12. He keeps surging and the other GOP candidates keep trying but they are having a hell of a time trying to find something outside of the newsletters. They have been beat to death so much in 08 and here recently I think people are tired of listening to it plus I don't think most voters are buying it. The only other GOP candidate that ever had a chance was Romney who is a complete tool for the GOP party. I said it before and I'll say it again, keep on lobbing those balls over the plate and Ron Paul will keep smashing them out of the park. People don't really care about past mistakes when you talk the actual truth something all other GOP's do not do. In the first few debates Ron Paul was the only, I repeat, THE ONLY, candidate talking about auditing the Fed and all that. Now everyone is trying to jump on that bandwagon like they have always backed it. Ron Paul is the only candidate that is going to help us during this economical crisis. No way I'm voting GOP if he doesn't get the nod....

13. Go Ron Paul, he is the best man for the job of Prez. Obama needs to go. He has shown he does not know how to run the country. Things have NEVER BEEN WORSE!

BOB

NEw York want RON, he is a regular guy.. not a lier

14. Mr. Paul here is a Latino/Hispanic but first AN AMERICAN that will vote for you sir...

15. love and support,ron paul,he's you and we. the only hope there is,he could change the direction of the world..

16. I was worried support over the hollidays might wane for Dr. Paul. The mainstream media is just bashing him to death right now. I watched an episode of alex wagner (what a douchebag) on msnbc where they spent about 20 minutes bashing Dr. Paul. They were calling him racist , a homophobe and an anti- semite. I worry about people on the fence who are just learning about his message seeing these smear jobs and then wrinting him off. We have to get the truth out about the good doctor!!

17. If they can't win the election legitimately they will steal it. I have had it with the republican party and it's dishonesty. Why take the votes to an undisclosed location? What is going on? The voters want Ron Paul and that is why he is leading the polls. If the party does not like it then maybe they had better change their attitude and get on board the Ron Paul revolution. It is real and it is gaining. I hope the republican party wakes up and does not nominate another candidate like John McCain or Bob Dole. Both of those guys were backed by the party elite. Let's back Ron Paul and put him in the White House where he can do the best job of any of the candidates.

18. Will Ron Paul be allowed to have representation at the undisclosed site?

19. I have no doubt Dr Ron Pail will win You can fool the public most of the times but not all the time debt matters. False flags matters and Freeedom is sacred it's what revelutions have been fought for. Ron Paul ticks all those boxes and that's what the free world wants .

20. I have no doubt Dr Ron Pail will win You can fool the public most of the times but not all the time debt matters. False flags matters and Freeedom is sacred it's what revelutions have been fought for. Ron Paul ticks all those boxes and that's what the free world wants .