Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s Running Mate in 2012?

If Ron Paul wins the Republican primaries and becomes the GOP nominee, who should he choose as his running mate for Vice-President in the 2012 general election?

[poll id=”41″]

1. Colin Pwell would appeal to both Dems and Rpubs, I think he makes a stronger ticket, but I Like nader and Kucinich, I put Dennis on my list.

2. My picks from 1-7 are, The Judge(He strongly believes in freedom and wouldn't pull a LBJ. He also has great experiance,) Kucinich(Because he has the same foreign policy and hates the Fed Reserve and will appeal to Dems stealing votes from OhBombYa.) Buchannon(Don't know much about him, but do know he has a lot of views as Paul and well liked by a lot of older repubs.) Peter Schif(Because he knows his free market economics and predicted the economy.) Gary Johnson(Because he shares the same values, Makes 5th tho cus some might be afraid of 2 libertarians.) Lou Dobs (Because he is also well liked and has a huge following of older people in the news medium. One of the more trusted MSM) And Rand Paul last. I have him last because ppl may be apprehensive of having a father and soon presiding over the country. After all we won our freedom from a monarch and with the clintons and bushes it came pretty close to resorting back to one.

3. I feel like he needs to return the favor to Kentucky and wait to run in 2016. Also, beware of Mittens/Santorum/Bachmenn/Perry/Noot. They are all warmongers. Kennedy was far from a war monger and refused to invade Cuba and Veitnam, and with drawn the bay of pigs. This sturred up some contraversy in his administration. We all "know" Lee H Oswald killed kennedy, but once he did the warmonger LBJ got boosted to POTUS and went to war immediatly. We don't need that again. We need someone who shares the same principles as Paul in an event something catustrophic happens. They are well known to not share his intergrity/morals/or principles.

• finally, someone know their history! it is good that a lot of people like Ron Paul but they need to study up and realize why he is the best. we cannot afford to win and then have more war mongerers in there. that is the whole point of taking back our country... @FreedomIsAbsolute

4. Please monitor the Iowa poll station, ballet transport, and vote counting. Seems like fraud is possible. Better safe than sorry.

• @Concernedme

Did you hear how they are moving the voter count to a private non-disclosed place? This seems fishy to me.

• @FreedomIsAbsolute

yup they will forge it if they can. They have been acting like desperate idiots so far, and I believe they will stop at nothing. Not with IPAC, bankers, lobbyists, media, and the elitists behind them.

• oh great, voter fraud already in the plans? they will do anything from having truth and liberty for the masses....sigh.....ron paul or bust

• @Madrigal

@Concernedme@FreedomIsAbsolute

Hey you three, didn't you see the post on the RP facebook site yesterday? RP specifically warns against this kind of thought, talk, and action. Let's keep level heads and a united voice by following the request and advice they offered there. Here's a copy & paste for the benefit of all: "IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN IOWA, the best way you can help our effort there is to make phone calls using the Phone-From-Home system and by donating. If you are considering traveling to Iowa to volunteer, I ask that you save the time and money you would've used on your trip to Iowa and to Phone-From-Home and/or to donate instead. Also, I ask that you NOT contact the Iowa GOP or attempt to act as an observer for the count on caucus night, as uncoordinated actions hurt our cause more than they help. My Campaign in Iowa has supporters on the IAGOP Central Committee, and it has a plan in place for observing the count. I am confident in the process, confident in their ability to monitor the election, and confident that the IAGOP will be fair and open. Any statements to the contrary are simply untrue. The grassroots enthusiasm is appreciated, but my campaign is doing very well with its on-the-ground efforts here. Again, the best way to help me win is to make phone calls that matter by using the Campaign's Phone-From-Home system and to give your most generous contribution." Ron Paul 2012.

5. Dennis Kucinich or Nader would be great...but would never happen..dems and progressives would love it tho.

6. Hi Spaniard,

Schiff, is a great economist, so as VP he could turn off a few, but he does have wuite a following. Judge Nap, never under estimate the Judge, he is a very smart guy and handles himself well on many topics. But neither would be my first choice even though I love the Judge. I really think if it were Possible Colin Powell is my 1st choice, that woould be the ideal ticket. Sarah next it Colin were to decline. Lets tell campaign we want Colen Powell!!! :) Look at Covilles line up below, match that up with Ron Paul and Colin Powell and the American Voters will be singing:)

7. Hi David, Not sure who you meant on the Cliche-ish because you did not put the name, But we do both agree on Colin Powel. He is actaully my number one choice, because I think it would really appeal to voters accross the board because of his foreign credentials and that's why I had him on my list. Yes I like Dennis too. I put Sarah because I don't know if Colen Powel would take the position as he expressed he is no longer interested but you never know. If not Colen, Sarah would appeal. Lets all let the Campaign know we like Colin Powell for first choice VP, Its perfect now that we have discussed it :) Thanks David. I like Gary, but I think Ron Paul is much more appealing, Gary does not have enough umph for me, bey he might do great.

8. John Stossel should be the VP running with Ron Paul

9. Without a doubt. Dylan Ratigan! You do not become the mainstream moderator at CNBC without being extremly charismatic and Hip. Dylan is the most intelligant speaker I have ever heard and he also agrees with Ron Paul on every issue. YouTube Dylan Ratigan and you will quickly see that he will take Ron Paul mainstream overnight. If Dylan would accept Ron Paul would be very wise to annouce this. Dylan has an unreal ability to argue and points out corruption at every level from Bankers to Politicians. He also takes on Neo-cons. A Ron Paul/ Dylan Ratigan Ticket would not be upstoppable.

10. Napolitano would be my first choice due to his libertarian views, intellect, and name recognition.

Gary Johnson second due to his libertarian views and his executive experience.

Alan West as a wild card due to his consevative views, military experience, and potential minority appeal.

11. Peter Schiff should either be VP or Sec Treasury.

Judge Nap for Attorney General.

Jesse Ventura Sec State.

Norman Schwarzkopf for Sec Defense.

• @coville

I like your line up :) Colin Powell for VP or Sarah next. That woulod be perfect.

• Jennifer. Sarah is a war mongerer. you know why the US is fighting a sustainable war on Terrorism? notice I said sustainable... we are not trying to win nor could we win that war. wars are waged to make the elites even more money. if you look close enough sometimes you can even catch the same entity financing both sides @JenniferNie @coville

• @JadenMorgan@coville

Tell me something I don;t already know re war. I would not say Sarah is a war wongerer at all. I think Cloin Pawell would be great, but it would be to controversial and not paletted by all parties. What many fail to take into consideration here is that we should give this very careful thought, mention anyone who is not on the list and share with the Campaign, Doug Weed FB or Ron Paul FB.

• @JadenMorgan@coville

The goal for All Ron Paul supporter should BE: To ensure Ron Paul wins, by selecting a VP that appeals to the whole spectrum of voters and not by picking some person that we Paul supporters admire. No insult intended, just hoping people will HELP by keeping the above in mind. Foreign Policy is one issue that some on the fencers are not comfortable with while liking everything else about Ron Paul. The VP that is chosen, could settle a little bit of that nervousness for them. You knnow I always tell people, look at your alternatives. (other people being On the Fencers, and then I try to educate them more on Ron Pauls Stance so they better understand it. I even ask people if RP had the right VP would you be more inclined to vote for him? and slo, who would you like to see him Paired with?

• @JadenMorgan@coville

They are very positive on this and it's like you can see their mind open and they talk about it. This is something that should really be focused on and anncounced sooner rather than later to give RP's camaign another boost forward. I had some people say they liked Ron Paul on all other issues except Foreign Policy, but when I practiced the above, I had many of those people say they liked Pat Buchanan and somebody else mentioned John Bolten, What was interesting is these people really perked up and were like "Yeah I could could probably vote for Ron Paul with that VP and feel ok aboutthe Foreign Policy. Others thought Colin Powell might be iffy, but if could fly, they really liked that Idea a lot. Thanks for your response. Jen

• @JadenMorgan@coville

Ps I will be no longer attending this discussion through livefyre. while I have met some good friends, I see that some good is accomplished here but the nonsense continues. Best to you all. Happy New Years!

Sincerely, Jen

12. Rand would be suicide.

Kucinich all the way!

13. Dennis Kucinich would be a great gesture of "reaching across the aisle". Dr. Paul could beat Obama on his own (ironically, probably with more democrats on his side than republicans) but Kucinich's staunch social liberal standings would be nice to see in the White House. I'm curious as to why Lew Rockwell was listed, wasn't there quite a lot of speculation that he was the person who wrote the racist editorials in the Ron Paul Newsletter?

14. Jesse Ventura! You get him in there with Ron Paul and you'll have the office in no time!

15. What the poll also tells us, is that of the current of the Ron Paul people who have voted, thei choice for VP was Huntsman, who is a current GOP candidate. I believe he got 7th ranking, and had the most voes of the GOP current candidates. I could see why some might chose him, I don;t think he is a bad choice, he just did not make my list. Given where he ranked in this poll, I hope this is in no way an indication that me have a few on the fencers in the house.

Have a good day.

Jen

16. If Ron Paul is as Constitutional as he claims, then he should eschew the idea of a running mate. The concept is totally unconstitutional. The Vice President is supposed to be a separate election, chosen by electors, and is not a "package deal" with the President.

If Ron Paul recognizes this and spurns the idea of a running mate, he will earn my everlasting respect.

• @JonTK

And if he doesn't? That is interesting you bring that up I am not familiar with that, but now that you have my curiosity up, I'll read up. I would assume you will be voting For Ron Paul as he is the absolute best! Thanks Jon

17. This vote of 7 people we would pick for VP for Ron Paul, these is my thoughts,

The real questions are

1- who would you want to be president should somthing happen to Ron Paul, I alwasy look at this when I look at any Predential Candidate / VP combo

2- It needs to be someone who is very disciplined who can aline them selves with Ron Paul's values and not clash with him.

3- It also helps greatly if the VP choice is someone that Americans will Embrace along with Ron Paul.

• 4- In the list we were given many choices, I wish we could have clicked in the order we would choose them, it would have given a more accurate picture, because the majority of us could have picked, Jessie Ventura, and that would make him look like second choice or second place. While the poll is interesting it is completely accurate in telling us who how they rank in order.

5- while I really admire and like many of the people listed, I do not think all Americans know of some of these people listed the way that myself Ron Paulo supporters do and I think that it would not add to Ron Paul's strength should he be the GOP nominee against Obama. Many say Rand Paul needs to be where he is at right now, becuase he can be more effective. I would like him as VP and would like as Prisident and if he was VP it would almost ensure no matter what Ron Paul's efforts would continue, but because I believe he can do well where he is and the fact that I am not sure if all of America will accept Paul/Paul combo, its probably not the best choice. I would pick Rand if I knew All of America would accept it.

• We have to consider what VP choice is all of the above and would be most appealing to Americans accross the board, to ensure victory agaisnt Obama. I am ok telling you who I picked, and you all can share back or not.

I picked 1 Sarah Palin 2, Colen Powell, 3 Peter Schiff, 4 Mike Huckabee, 5 Dennis Kucinich,

6 Andrew Napolitano, 7 Rand Paul. In that order. I like Jesse ventura and the Judge, but I don't know if that ticket will win the election, and while I would really like Rand to be my number one choice, I have to put him as 7th becuase of the reaons I mentioned. Of all of the people listed, I don't find any other candidates that I think will help throw RP over the top with voters. Even though I have nothing against them really. Jen

18. Schiff should be the Fed Head

19. Kucinich would be perfect. You use the slogan "from both sides" and then campaign around what they agree on...audit/fix the Federal Reserve, fix our foreign policy, champion civil rights/constitution

20. well, ventura said he would NEVER be on a republican ticket. so get him off. there has to be some on there that are for our amusement? like bachman, gingrich,etc....

• ya, JV did say that but he needs to change his mind because it is to benefit the good of our country. I wasnt amused by many of them on there either. I actually kind of gritted my teeth with anger @sixty7flh