Poll: Who Won the ABC / Yahoo! / WMUR Debate?

[poll id=”42″]

1. Ron Paul took the debate hands down, no matter what the news media and talking heads say. But when is the Ron Paul crowd going to get it together? and come to the realization that Ron Paul is never going to be the nominee. The hierarchy of the GOP will never let it happen. Analyze the Iowa situation, the race was shaping up between Ron Paul and Romney and the GOP could not let Ron Paul walk away with 50 to 60% of the vote,he would have got the Evangelical vote, what happen defies reasoning, [Santorum a 5% nobody that could not hold office as an incumbent suddenly surges with over 30% Evangelical support , this happened in a few short days(some would say (Republican operatives)got to the Evangelicals, more likely to the pastors].We observed the result, now the South Carolina race and Perry decides to stay in(he was history), this splits the non Romney vote between Perry, Santorum, Gingrich and Ron Paul. It weakens Ron Paul's position. The only way Ron Paul is ever going to get before the American people is to pull out of the GOP and run third party.He can pull Dem's that don't like Obama, most Independents, some Republicans who just want to shake up the system, Of course Ron Paul Republicans, Libertarians(only party on all state ballots, has to run on this ticket), and far right Republicans who are savvy enough to know that a vote for a Republican is a WASTED vote if they want their vote to count against Obama. This is a Independent thats wants the corrupt corporate controlled two party system to end. Don't think Romney will go away, the fix is in, Romney will take NH big time, according to the news media he is far ahead of the other four in South Carolina, their vote has split the non Romney vote. When he takes SC, Florida and the nomination are his. Ron Paul would shake up both parties if he would make his move to third party as soon as the SC primary is over. It is ridiculous to keep putting money and support into a candidate that Americans will never get to vote for if he stays in the GOP, then it only amounts to a game, I stayed in all the way. Then the answer is asked, WHY ? You guys acted like you were in this to win, the nation is waiting.

• WilliamDziekanowski

@packeryman If Rick Santorum Didn't quit after the IOWA staw poll Ron Paul isn't quitting either . The Virginia Primary is Romney vs Paul, We shall see how the NON ROMNEY vote goes in VA first, And If Romney can't win a headsup race in the Birth Place of George Washington He should endorse Ron Paul and step down . The other candidates couldn't get the 10,000 signatures to be on the primary in Virginia , So don't tell me Ron Paul can't win , When he does win, and is a winner , and not a chicken neck, differed ,Big Government ,Progressive,war monger.

• @WilliamDziekanowski This is the problem most Ron Paul supporters have, their idealism is great but so strong it overrides reality. In the above statement I gave examples of why the American people would never get to vote for Ron Paul on the Republican ticket. In a statement below Matt Walsh explains what is happening in SC. Same as I said in Iowa.I will vote for Ron Paul on a third party ticket, no way Republican. I do not like the antics of the Republicans and the chaos they have created in the house. Today Ron Paul is polling behind both two corrupt individuals out of the four non Romney candidates( both have used the revolving door?lobbying. Ron Paul is an honest man but that doesn't get you elected in a party where the odds(and manipulation by party operatives)are stacked against you.This is a level of political awareness I don't see in the strong Ron Paul supporters.Once FL is over so is the nomination(I don't see Ron Paul high on polls in FL) and the news media take over. I would like to add a statement, I like Ron Paul but have nothing for the GOP, I want to see him run third party and will then vote for him.

• WilliamDziekanowski

@packeryman People make the Party, The Party doesn't Make The People. The People never changed , The Party Has Ron Paul will be Nominee for Republican Party.

• You guy's still don't get it, we will have the SC primary Saturday, he is going nowhere in this primary because of the money being spent. We will still have four candidates going to FL primary. Ron Paul is polling low there. With the money in the election he cannot compete with the PAC's.Lets get him out of the GOP where we know Americans will get to vote for him. Then you will get Dem's, Ron Paul Republicans, Libertarians, Independents and some Republicans that want to end the corrupt two party system.Other wise Ron Paul goes down the tube as long as he stays in the GOP. It just shows me you guys are not about winning the presidency but making a statement.

2. Ron Paul should maybe point out how little time he gets, although, it's getting so obvious now, that it can backfire on them. I'm sure his team are looking at this, he's doing well, despite the atacks and the media manipulation. Imagine how werll he'd be doing if they gave him fair coverage, that has got to be our job, get blogging, posting those videos and ads.

3. can someone explain why EMI would submit a copyright infringement block on 'a brief history on money' on Dr. Paul's website? at least i got to finish it....

#endmediacensorship #mediacensorship #goronpaul

4. @Mack Johnson i really hope so

5. check this out. spent 3 days working in south carolina. watched maybe 6 hrs local news. a romney ad every 15 minutes,1 perry ad, 4 santorum ad, ZERO Ron Paul. drove delivery around a major SC city for 3 days. saw hundreds of RP signs.I saw ZERO romney signs a few newt, perry, santorum signs. WTF. THE FIX IS ON. did I stutter, I said T H E F I X IS ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Matt Walsh Your observation and take on the matter correlates with my above statement , we have both come to the same conclusion that the fix is in. Ron Paul is going nowhere in the Republican party, most Independents are aware or this and will not vote for him as long as he run Republican. We want a third party, I and many other Independents will vote for him on a third party ticket.

6. WilliamDziekanowski

Breaking News " John Huntsman Doubles his Poll Numbers Overtakes Rick Santorum" The Sunday Paper will read tomorrow.. Never would it read "Ron Paul Gets 91% of all polls"

7. I think one reason Santorum did so well in Iowa is because he's a straight-laced Christian type.. @concerned1 As far as the jobs thing goes, It seems to me that if the government as a whole would just stop spending money right and left like war-hungry maniacs, and let the free economy recover the result would be less debt and (could you even fathom it?) no national debt at all allowing for a larger opportunity for job growth.

• @JustinBurton@Concerned1 That is what he needs to be harping on. Over and over.

• @JustinBurton@Concerned1 Ron also needs to explain why what the other candidates propose for job creation will not work but in reality make the situation worse. That is what people want to hear, why what you propose will work and what the others propose won't, not just what you stand for.

8. I don't see the big deal with gay marriage. Sounds like a way to split the people with, what should be, a none issue. How about this rule if you get married you can only marry one other human. ok, now on to the REAL problems. Debt. I like everything Ron Paul says problem is they don't let him say much and he is too respectful to interupt others.

Huntsman made several good points and is someone I know little about but I was impressed with him. The rest are same ole chit. George Snuffleupagus is a waste of space and a mouthpice I plan to ignore him from hence forth and evermore.

ABC NEWS is so techniquely incomptent that they can't stop a mic from feeding back? I guess all the members of this debate except for Dr. Paull where color blind the Green. Yellow, Red screens seem to have no effect on the length of their speech. Did Dr. Paul have 5 min.s on this show, I doubt it.

If I had to rate this "debate" I would give a 1 out of 10 terrible

What I got out of this debate was Huntsman made alot of sense, Paul got almost no time and Perry scares the crap out of me.

I will not forget

I will not forgive

99%er

9. yall have to see this santorum says Black people when regarding welfare , how did this guy place 2nd again it amazes me?

I agree concerned1 The truth is Paul wants to attack the underlying problem to the economy which is the FIAT currency we use and the federal reserve. Fix that FIRST and the economy can be restored

Look at the donations romney has receieved... over 396,000 dollars from GOLDMANS sach. That speaks for itself.

• @bob thorton Then he needs to get that message out that by fixing the money issue it will create good paying jobs and why it will create jobs. If you look under his Issues tab there is nothing about unemployment.

10. Ron needs to really hit the jobs area hard. That seems to be a very big issue and rightly so with voters and tonight he didn't help himself in that area. Put out a video here and really be specific about how he would go about turning the unemployment around. People like plans. Make a plan Ron. We know business goes in cycles, but how would you turn it around?

11. I voted for Obama, not proud of that, but I couldn't stand the likes of Sarah Palin anywhere near the White House. I knew little about Dr. Paul but in recent weeks have listened to him, and I have to say, he's incredible!!

12. I truly do hope most DEM swith over and vote for paul , I fear though that the nomination process has already been set up to be hijacked. How on earth did santorum do so well in IOWA ? I know he pandered to all counties for over a year supposedly but come on? and is it just me or does romney always pick his words carefully so he doesnt give a straight answer unlike PAUL!

13. Also has anyone noticed not one other candidates website has the same HONEST OPEN features that RON PAUL SITES DO ??? no where to vote on romney's site probably because wall street owns it

14. What a shame. Ron again had nearly no time to awake more US citizens. If they would cut Romey's repeated words, there would be more time left for Ron Paul talking about the real problems of this country...

15. where was the talk about the NDAA and SOPA!!!!

• WilliamDziekanowski

@bob thorton Ron Paul was the only one who said anything about them on record. These are clips on youtube from this week.

16. Ron Paul needs to target Mitt Romney if he wants to get to front-runner. This debate was a joke, but the media claims Mitt is still front-runner and none of the other candidates dared go against him. So if Ron needs to be more aggressive agaisnt Romney to get the kind of attention he needs to secure his nomination.

17. you are right chris.. when the fluff final statement came around why didnt he say. hey you were unfair and never gave me a chance to respond to sanotrum. like wtf

18. I am a democrat who will now be voting for Ron Paul. I just wish he would be more aggressive in these debates and jump in/interrupt so that he can have more time to speak. He is the only candidate that can go up against Obama and actually do better for our country.

19. NO WINNER they dised us

20. get real this was not a debate but a farce and I am upset !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• well it was abc (already been chosen)...but at least we know where they stand on the important issues ...gay marriage and contraceptives ...wtf

• @murphnmattie

such fluff no substance

• @murphnmattie I know and Diane Sawyer said "lets leave the questions about constitution" which was not important and also they knew Ron Paul would make them embarrass in this subject.

yep, lets not talk about a subject that made this country so great, but talk about gay marriage and contraceptive ... OMG What a dumb c***.