44 responses to “Poll: Who Won the FOX News and GOP of South Carolina Debate?”

1. u_go_guys

Come on into the Dr. Usa trap, um... office. Here let me take your heavy satchel. I can take care of that...over here with the oth.... What's in here? You don't say; your investment portfolio, your bank book, your mortgage papers, your health records; some cash? Here, take a seat. Wait minute, wait a minute, there is something in your back pocket. Your bulging wallet. Shouldn't sit on that; bad on the back, bad on the back. Let's put that over here for safe-keeping. Don't worry, don't worry, it's safe over here with the rest of my suckers', um... I mean, patients' assets, um... I mean wallets. You're a lucky man. Had suckers, um... I mean, patients come in previously with puny card board boxes and thin or no wallets. Couldn't help 'em, couldn't help 'em. Sent 'em up the road to do some unsavory errands; a little dangerous, but honorable. Maybe if they come back, maybe I'll be able to help 'em maybe. OK, now sit down. Comfy? What's that shiny thing; a pocket watch? May I hold it? While you relax, I'll put it over here with the rest of my, um...I mean your assets, um...I mean shiny, um... I mean. Anyway, what's on your mind? Wait a minute, wait a minute, let's remove your shirt...I'll put it over here with the rest of... There now, let Uncle Usa massage your shoulders. Got a few knots here. Does that feel good? Wow, just happened to notice, your spine...looks a little puny. May I touch it? Yeah definitely weak and puny. Let's see what I can do fer ya. Some hypnosis...that almost always works. Here, I'll use your watch. Watch it closely while I spin and swing. You are getting very sheepy, um...sleepy. Now...when I snap my fingers, open your eyes and you will be a sheep. Snap! Whacha gotta say? BAAH! Joanne Renshaw - Colonial Heights, VA

2. u_go_guys

What is the model for choosing our interventions, military or otherwise? Is it the Superman model "Truth, justice, and the American way"?; or the Pledge of Allegiance "liberty and justice for all"?; or Matthew 7:12 "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"? (debate S.C. audience did not like that one). I contend that it is "we call dibs".

3. u_go_guys

This is a metaphor. I have to put that out there right away because there are too many people who cannot recognize one. The U.S. is infected. It is infected with bacteria being treated with anti-pain, antidepressants, antipsychotics, antacids, antihistamines, anti-anything, except anti-bacterial. Why is this happening? Because the patient relies on quacks who march to the instructions of snake oil salesmen who takes kick-backs from the manufacturers who make the drugs and who are not interested in curing the patient because to do so would affect their bottom line and power (Fascists). Keep the patient sick and let him die. The infection is contagious so it will continue to spread and supply them with constituency, 'scuse me, patients, to mis-treat. If the patient wants to be cured and stop the spread of the infection, he must be proactive. Stop being so trusting of those who do not want him to be healthy. And since the infection continues to spread, there soon will be no one else to infect. All will die, except the ones calling the shots, who have already inoculated themselves and have moved, or will move, to beautiful, remote, exotic islands. Joanne Renshaw, Colonial Heights, VA

4. u_go_guys

Alright, it is now time for us to stop "preaching to the choir" and express our enthusiasm to the "opposition". A good place is Politico's "Republican Debate in South Carolina: Ron Paul Takes Drubbing". I hope to "read" some of you there.

1. GlennBeckisAWeakling

@u_go_guys Better keep your manners and wits about you, the Ron Paul haters "really" hate him. I won't do it, I don't have the patience or the low blood pressure to do so. But, yeah, if your one who can keep your thoughts and hold your tounge against the masses of morons and haters then please go to it. Thanks in advance.

1. u_go_guys

@GlennBeckisAWeakling I have been making comments there (Politico) all day and reading comments. You will be surprised and amazed at the support for The Doctor. It is sooooo encouraging!

5. Arnold Schwarzenegger

LAWWWWLLL!! C'mon watch dis video ! Werk dose puney little brain muscles ! Come on !!!! Do it !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9wCAQz73tA

6. JordanLinford

I agree with JeffersonsGhost Paul was not allowed to win. Gingrich was pitched underhanded softballs and he knocked them out of the park, Paul was thrown 100mph curve balls and not allowed enough time to swing at them. He is asked loaded questions and not given the respect to be able to answer them completely. I just wish the viewing audience could see through it.

1. u_go_guys

@JordanLinford

As I commented to Bjewel, JeffersonGhost and 777denny: Americans have been in "chains" for too long. It is/will be hard to shed childlike blind trust and indoctrination. Many want to continue to believe, therefore cannot, or will not, reject the propaganda.

If Americans want to make an informed decision, they must break out of their "chains", open their minds, listen, observe, read Dr. Paul's own words. He's not perfect, but I believe he is our best available hope.

2. u_go_guys

@JordanLinford Don't be discouraged. How could The Doctor be "not allowed to win"? Just because he was not announced ("allowed") winner does not mean he did not win. Given the tweet results, he certainly DID win the debate. He can only be "not winner" in South Carolina after an "honest" count of primary ballots.

Please get and wear your campaign buttons, tee-shirts, hats. Display bumper stickers and signs. The power of Ron Paul's name being displayed and seen in public places is extremely powerful! Make a cash donation if you are able.

7. ProudTEX

Even though they were so unfair as far as time with Dr. Paul, even though they cut him off in the middle of his answers, Dr. Paul still manage to be on top his game. Sometime Dr. Paul had answer two deferent questions in one shot because everyone was given time except for him. In one case he had to ask them if could answer the question he was not given chance to.

They call them self the FAIR & BALANCED news agency.

**** RON PAUL 2012 ****

1. u_go_guys

@ProudTEX

After Romney and Santorum made their answers about the NDAA provision for military authority over American civilians, a moderator started to ask a different question of Dr. Paul. He interjected that he wanted to respond to the previous question. Another moderator said "You were included in the question in the first place. Do you want 30 seconds...?" Dr. Paul: "Yeah. Not even a minute". After The Doctor's response, the next question went to Perry.

In answer to the question about NDAA, Romney said that he would not use the authority to arrest American civilians if he became president; and that Americans must chose people who have the character and can be trusted not to abuse power. That being said, given the business experience of Romney, I have personal reasons for not trusting him. I have been in two situations as an employee (tho, I unscathed) where the likes of Romney was brought in as "acting" CEO. First, the employees were lulled into a sense of security (so as to not alarm or cause a mass exodus) by assurances that no ones job was in jeopardy, then the ax came down like on the neck of a turkey.

8. JeffersonsGhost

I am an avid supporter of our freedoms and of Dr. Paul. this being said, he did not win the debate. He was put at the end, out of sight and asked, for the most part, loaded questions. They stack the deck against him on Fox debates. They genuinely dislike his views. They fear the fact that he will attract too many supporters and ruin their monopoly on their world views. He may get his licks in, but they will never allow him the opportunity to give and explain his positions. They will allow him to give them, so they can pick and tear at them, but never allow him to fully explain himself. I'm sorry, but without us constantly pushing the truth of his message to people in our daily lives, his ideas will never reach the masses. He has the opportunity to be the greatest president of the last 100 years if we don't give up and we keep fighting for him as he wants to fight for us.

9. u_go_guys

The Doctor , by far, got the most positive feedback from the twitter audience. John Roberts was clearly down-playing this fact as he reported the results. Disturbing is that Ron Paul's statistics on #answer vs #dodge was not shown. I suppose he had zero 'dodge" and Fox did not want that emphasized! Fair and balance, indeed?!

1. ProudTEX

@u_go_guys Finally found it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDJfvYH6CY (this time with audio)

1. u_go_guys

@ProudTEX I saw the coverage of the feedback results at the end of the Fox-televised debate. It did not show all of the charts and discussion included in this video.

1. ProudTEX

@u_go_guys

You are right they didn't show him but Fox only and briefly talked about Ron Paul and how well he did, probably because he was off the chart for being accurate on his answers and would make every else dumba--.

****RON PAUL for 2012*****

10. wl

listen to yourselves! We are going to collapse under our own debt! We are broke! What are you all even trying to rationalize?

1. u_go_guys

@wl I must be tired or thick. Whom are you addressing?

11. 777denny

I certainly am not a neo-con, but Mr. Paul and those of his ilk are certainly not Conservatives.

Since laws are made for man and not the other way around, sometimes people agree to break the rules amid not much fuss about it. This is even common sometimes at work, play and for laws like parking, j-walking and other minor infractions. We are certainly far from the Framers' intent, but have to slowly but surely change as quickly as political and otherwise feasible. Newt Gingrich is surely not a perfect candidate, and neither was Ronald Reagan, nor was he as President.

Mr. Paul would withdraw America from being the "police" of the world, which I believe would usher in an almost immediate New World Order, with China, Russia, Iran and Islamofasism making the rules, and America at the back of the bus in ever-lowering stature, prestige and income (just what would Paul do if Iran actually did shut of the Straights?).

I suppose Israel being nuked would be good for the American and world economy under President Paul? Blind hatred disguised as Constitutional adherence is sickening, especially since all Paul seems to do is rail against America and her troops securing peace for the entire world, against Chinese, Russian, Iranian and Islamofascist threats, all of which Mr. Paul thinks would be better at managing peace in the world as the policemen thereof than the U.S., whom is seems to always trash. We would end up in Hell, just where Obama is taking the United States!

1. JeffersonsGhost

@777denny You are a sad, sad little person. We are not, nor is any country, the police of the world. All people, indigenous to their particular region of the world, have the right to live as they see fit, without outside intervention. America would be better and stronger if we got out of a lot of areas and used the money to enhance our own infrastructure and invest in America. Stop taxing the American people to the hilt and allow them to use that money to open and operate businesses. Militarily being in almost every country in the world, is not so much policing or managing peace, as it is telling those countries, they only have the right to live as we tell them. And if that is how you believe, then you are somewhat less than human. Every country has the right to live as they see fit, not as we see fit.

Israel has more nukes than the whole arab world combined. If they were so inclined, they could control that whole region. They have advanced weaponry and very accurate guidance systems. They don't need our help to defend against such a" formidable " opponent like Iran. They are more than capable. But once again, the globalist warmongers in this country want to instill fear that the whole world would attack us if we weren't there. They use repetitive speech to get you to believe these things. Simple adverse psychology, if they say it enough, people will believe them. Believe as you wish, that is your right. But it is also untrue.

2. u_go_guys

@JeffersonsGhost@777denny

As I commented to Bjewel "Americans have been in "chains" for too long. It is/will be hard to shed childlike blind trust and indoctrination. Many want to continue to believe, therefore cannot, or will not, reject the propaganda.". So, 777denny, we want to win JefferonsGhost, not insult him.

I am a life-long democrat, 60-year-old female, born and life-long Virginia resident. I dearly love my children and grandchildren!

I too started out with fear of the implications of a Ron Paul presidency (was a STAUNCH defender of Obama). Then I stopped just reading about Dr. Paul. I watched the debates, watched talk and news show interviews, and his campaign speeches, and read his latest book. You can't argue too much (although you can disagree) about what he actually says vs. the spin given to him by the press and his other opponents.

Please JeffersonsGhost, if you want to make an informed decision, break out of your chains, open your mind, listen, observe, read Dr. Paul's own words. He's not perfect, but I believe he is our best available hope.

Joanne Renshaw

3. u_go_guys

@JeffersonsGhost@777denny

Joanne Renshaw

4. u_go_guys

@JeffersonsGhost@777denny

URGENT CORRECTION!

Sorry JeffersonsGhost, I got your and 777denny names transposed in my last comment. 777denny, I do not owe you an appology but hope you will take my comment addressed to JeffersonGhost to heart.

5. u_go_guys

@777denny

The rhetoric: Iraq - first, nuclear weapons threat; then, "they hate our freedom"; then, they want our kind of freedom/democracy; etc.

Israel has nuclear weapons. North Korea has nuclear weapons, as does India and Pakistan, but we do no invade them because of it. BUT what they do NOT have is O I L ! Ron Paul said concerning the terrorist attacks of 9/11: "took place only because of U.S. aggression and military actions". That is a true statement. Bin Laden was incensed that American troops were stationed in Saudi Arabia. Troops in Saudi Arabia was seen as a historic betrayal by many Islamists.

Our foreign enemies are more cognizant of history than most Americans.

America developed from:

- the theft of the land from, and persecution of, the Natives (I am not saying we must return it, as one reader suggested I was saying)

- kidnapping, enslavement, persecution and segregation of Negroes

- absconding Southwest lands (TX, AR, NM, CA) from Mexico

The Hawaiian islands were stolen. During WWII, Japanese-Americans (not German-Americans or Italian-Americans) were forced into internment camps. The U.S. occupies foreign lands (empire-building). Recently, a new military base in Australia marks change in US military strategy away from Europe, and towards a new threat: Asia.

The Arabs have something that the U.S. wants: OIL! Any wonder "they" fear and attack us!

12. Jens Jacobsen

The fact that there are foreign troops in Afghanistan is violating that countries' sovereignty.

Why should young Americans be subjected to fight a terrorist war in a foreign country?

Furthermore why should the American taxpayer be burdened with the cost of the war?

After World War 2 the US has been involved in a number of wars that cost the USA dearly in lives of troops. Military expenditure has literally bankrupted the nation, the Viet Nham war brought about the abandonment of the Bretton Woods agreement that led to the devaluation of the US$ , making it fiat.

Foreign policy has left the American tax payer and pensioner holding the baby and endorses the policy changes envisaged by Dr Ron Paul.

13. BaineSumpin

The taliben are not defending their country. We gave them weapon because the Russians were invading ( probably not the best choice). After the russians were driven out, the overthrown their own government and started a reign of tyranny. They not only harbored terrorists, they actively supported

The fact Ron Paul think they are not our enemy, truly demonstrates how far off he is on foreign policy. Be careful what you read from Ron Paul, research it carefully.

1. Libertarian777

@BaineSumpin

Do you even listen to yourself?

WE GAVE THEM WEAPONS.

EXACTLY the issue. By your own words you admit we armed the Taliban.

Ron Paul is saying don't fund these groups in the first place. We funded Iraq and then bombed them. We're CURRENTLY funding PAKISTAN. We gave the Taliban stinger missiles.

Ron Paul is saying if we don't enable the dictators in the world, then groups like the Taliban wouldn't have had any power to do what they did. Neither would the Iranian radicals have gained control of Iran if we hadn't interfered in 1953.

Instead we forge alliances with someone today, then when they cease to acquiese to our demands we bomb them.

14. BaineSumpin

The taliben are not defending their country. We gave them weapon because the Russians were invading ( probably not the best choice). After the russians were driven out, the overthrown their own government and started a reborn of tyranny. They not only harbored terrorists, they actively supported them.

The fact Ron Paul think they are not our enemy, truly demonstrates how far of he is on foreign policy. Be careful what you read from Ron Paul, research it carefully.

15. BaineSumpin

Taliban, are not defending their country, we only gave them weapons because Russians were invading. After Russia was driven out, they used those same weapons to overthrow their government and start a reign of tyranny. They not only harbored the terrorists they actively supported them.

The fact Ron Paul thinks Taliban aren't our enemy show how far off the mark he is on Dorian policy.

16. just curious

How can any of these candidates other than RP be Pro-life, but have such an interventionist foreign policy? Romney wants to increase the military, excluding his own children of course. The poor will fight our wars, just like it's always been, they need money so they'll sign up for the military.

1. Libertarian777

@just curious because they want kids to be born so they can send them to their deaths in war...

2. u_go_guys

Here is Romney's skewed rhetoric (is he insane?). Why doesn't a debate commentator question his military service comments?

Romney, at New Hampshire debate:

"I find it amazing that we have troops in harm's way around the world - in Afghanistan right now, in Iraq the first three years of this president's term. He doesn't go on TV every month and talk to the American people about the sacrifice being made by these men and women. I find it extraordinary that a very few number of families are paying the price of freedom in America. The hurdle to actually putting our troops in harm's way is very, very high, and the test is America's interests. Our security interests. And they have to be involved in a very significant way to deploy our troops."

He evaded the draft by going on a Mormon missionary trip that he spent in a palace in France. He took a couple of educational deferments to attend Brigham Young University and Harvard Business School. Now too few families are "paying the price of freedom."?

He has five sons who are of age to serve in the military, but here is how he described their contribution to freedom's cost during his 2008 campaign:

Romney: "It's remarkable how we can show our support for our nation, and one of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping to get me elected, because they think I'd be a great president. My son, Josh, bought the family Winnebago and has visited 99 counties, most of them with his three kids and his wife. And I respect that and respect all of those in the way they serve this great country."

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger

@u_go_guys Romney, Gingrich, Santorum and Perry are all dangerous men in their own ways, Racist, Authoritarian, Warmongering, Crooks... Not much better than Obama in some ways... It's either Ron Paul of we're fucked for another 4 - 8 Years or maybe even longer than that... We only got one life to live and I'm sick of mine sucking while the criminals live like nobility off of my hard work and suffering... We better make election count... :(

17. just curious

How do we know Bin Laden was killed? Ron Paul made it apparent that had we had the chance to interrogate him, we may have learned something. I'm still waiting to see some proof that we killed Bin Laden.

I think the division of the crowd over his foreign policy makes it evident this outlook needs more attention. I tallied the amount of times each candidate was allowed to speak, RP had the second least amount of time, Perry had the least. Mitt of course was allowed the most speaking time.

After the debate Fox showed how well each candidate responded, Mitt had the most dodges. Ron Paul did best, no dodges.

In my opinion I think RP and Newt were neck and neck for the win.

18. MartinKral

Ron Paul finally made a very strong statement on the difference between foreign aid spending (defense spending over seas) and real military defense spending to secure our country. The other point he made that should help clarify who the enemy is was the different between the Taliban and al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda is the real threat to America and has already attacked us. The Taliban is only trying to defend their country from foreign occupier like Russia and the United States and has never attacked us on our soil.

19. SandorBors

Another rigged debate to undermine RP - nothing new. Considering the endorsement from Tom Davis, the voting Saturday, if not "controlled" should put our man another step closer to the White House.

20. danman9111

Ron Paul won

21. danman9111

There is a total blackout of the real debate.

22. 777denny

Newt Gingrich won the debate, while Ron Paul defended the right of Bin Laden to be apprehended through "international law" and for Israel to succumb to the atomic bombs of Iran and America to succumb to Chinese, Russian, Iranian and Islamofascist new global alliances and rules under a Paul Administration. Go Newt!

1. Jason29222

In all fairness, Newt did have a good showing at the debate - as did Santorum. The very cool thing is, especially with Santorum, he is starting to take on Ron Paul's constitutional view points on education and state's rights.

Of course I am on a Ron Paul website, so I will say he won, but I do think as long as Mitt Romney isn't winning, we all win!

By the way, the poll at the top of this page is NOT bias...lol

1. u_go_guys

@Jason29222

When other candidates (Santorum) start "taking on Ron Paul's ... views", that can't be bad; but only if as President (Santorum), he follows through.

2. bjewel

Yes... Newt had a good showing... but that is what he does best...Talk/debate. History shows that his actions are something altogether different. His past shows no integrity/honesty.

Now Ron Paul is learning how to debate, but his actions have always in 12 terms of gov't been consistant to what he says. He has been close enough to every issue for those 12 years of serving.... Notice how he is always the one who DEFINES what is really going on and also has the answer. This is the voice of wisdom through experience.

1. u_go_guys

@bjewel

The Gingrich was called "chickenhawk" (that's got to hurt!) by The Doctor. His fans will not hear it or understand the implication.

At the New Hampshire debate, The Gingrich implied that his military service was covered by his own suffering caused by his father's service. Then, that sounding lame he said: “I wasn’t eligible for the draft,” repeating for emphasis: “I wasn’t eligible for the draft.”.

Strictly speaking, true, but since he is willing to now commit others to war's horrors, it is even more lame. That doesn’t mean Gingrich couldn’t serve — he could have joined the military voluntarily. It only means the government couldn’t conscript him.

In a 1985 interview with The Wall Street Journal, Gingrich said: “Given everything I believe in, a large part of me thinks I should have gone over.” Then, he added: “Part of the question I had to ask myself was what difference I would have made.” Ah, the joys of hindsight! This says a lot about his character.