44 responses to “Who Won the CNN Southern Republican Debate?”

1. u_go_guys

Has Gingrich been excommunicated by the Catholic Church?

2. Concerned citizen

I live in NC just North of SC we here what people say on the radio watch their local News and are actually friends with alot of them. Why do I have the feeling that something in the SC polls are not on the up and up. Well to be honest i think that there was some sort of fruad going on during the election the Senators and represenatives all support Paull down there the Governor is not really liked and she supports Romney But the reps and Senators who are well respected fiscal conseratives but according to the voting "numbers reported" Paul Was beaten by three other people when most really hate them in South Carolina just sounds fishy real fishy to me.

1. u_go_guys

@Concerned citizen I think Gingrich will ultimately not fly, because, if for no other reason, Americans will not condone having a whore as first lady. Gingrich should withdraw because he is setting up his wife for severe, cruel, and public character assassination.

3. u_go_guys

Kind of has a ring to it. President Chickenhawk and First Whore Callista!

Too bad Gardasil is only for young folk. Too late for we oldsters anyway. Mistress Callista, does Newt always wear a condom? If not, be sure to get your annual PAP smear. Well, no matter, at least you will always have excellent health care.

Gingrich rancor reminds me of my temperamental, drunken Dad: "Don't cross me. I'll bust your chops. If you call the police, I'lll kill you!

Why Gingrich? Why not Paul? Aren't you concerned for your Grandchilden?

4. Brian Barrett

IT's a sick and sad commentary.

1. u_go_guys

@Brian Barrett Can you imagine, President Chickenhawk and First Whore Callista?

5. zuse000

Sixty percent of SC voters call themselves either born again or evangelical Christians. What does it say when Newt gets wild applause for saying kill them, and Ron Paul gets booed for saying how about thinking about the Golden Rule?

1. u_go_guys

@zuse000 Confused? Overwhelmed? Sheep?

6. ws6formulav8

ws6formulav8

What I dont like is the fact that when I watch the news, I dont want there opinion. Seems like they cant just report the news, they have to put there two cents in, and it usually turns out just the opposite of what they say.

7. caspersmom

Ron Paul can only win the election if he goes independent. Here's why. It is obvious to me the Republican party is holding him back. Many democrats and independents would love to vote for Ron Paul but detest the Republican party. I mean seriously, look at the other candidates who are 'ahead?' of him. A smarmy businessman with money hidden in the Cayman Islands who answers questions with the sincerity of a snake oil salesman, a philandering penis with a good vocabulary and no scruples who abandons one wife with cancer and a second wife with MS, and finally a born again religious zealot who is a war monger. Why is Ron Paul even besmirching his image by associating with these losers. Independent is freedom from the shackles of the Republican party who obviously do not appreciate Dr. Paul. And as an independent, Dr. Paul will have no problem getting Democrat, Conservative and Independent votes. The Republican party is putting limits on a candidate who stands for freedom. Please go Independent, Dr. Paul, the country needs you to win.

8. memah4432

New Poll released... Gives me some hope we can pull it out tomorrow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4IJYppcwds

Ron Paul surges 5% in two weeks to make a run at South Carolina

9. TiffanyTrummer

I think Dr Paul has the best of everything on all topics, he just never gets a chance to speak during debates, 1. he is too polite 2. they are afraid they won't get the big ratings from not having a cat fight like they did last night and 3. they know he will win and they want to maintain control. My huge fear its that Romney will end up hooking up with Obama... we are totally in the out house then. If he doesn't get the GOP I am writing him in. I am after all a Independent. I like to think what I want and find the facts. I believe in what Dr Paul is getting more and more people to think about. WHAT THIS COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO STAND FOR and that the thinning out of all our troops and money in foreign lands is making us weak and open for an attack. I am honestly surprised we have not had a civil war within our country, thankfully not yet anyhow.

I would rather have a polite yet forceful president with morals and a belief system that is honorable and feels it is more important to speak the truth with nothing to lose because even though he is not perfect, after all he is human... he I believe will not back out and wish wash things once in office. He is not full of it and like Romney who will probably do to America like he has done to countless businesses, gut it and sell what can and toss aside what no one wants that is left. While I have seen some of Gingrich's "movies" or Documentaries and think he has made valid points I also do not think he is the best choice because of his history. Now Santorum, I like that he brings real facts to the table and has the evidence to back it up. He would make a good vice president but I would rather see him win if not Paul... More morals and values! But last night was a circus for the media. Perhaps if they were more focused on being truthful and stop bashing each other and digging up dirt, real or not, that Obama can use against them there might be a chance, if Dr Paul doesn't win.

Let's just pray Obama isn't the last president this United States has and he doesn't turn us into a New World Order member.

10. kraziekommy

Haha, yeah. Here's what they were probably thinking.

11. kraziekommy

Haha, yea... here's what they were probably thinking:

[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/Taleladar/Debate.jpg[/IMG]

12. u_go_guys

i weary of the criticism that The Doctor has "A philosophy that's over 200 years old and no longer works as written in modern society". People who make these kind of statements do not listen to or read The Doctor's words, but listen to the middle men who distort his words by saying "over 200 years old, blah, blah, blah". What the middle men are saying then is that the Constitution of the United States in invalid and no longer relevant or workable. What has the "new" philosophy done to us? If something drastic is not done, we will free fall into a new "Dark Age". Better to manage it then let it manage us.

13. u_go_guys

The Doctor is too polite. What a fault! He is respectful. What a fault! He is trustworthy. What a fault! When he is president he will have our respect, we will be polite, we will trust him and he will do the same for us, because he believes and practices Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12. The Gingrich, first wife, cancer, abandoned. The Gingrich, second wife, multiple sclerosis,propositioned to agree to "open marriage", abandoned. The Gingrich, mistress then third wife ("Stepford" wife) and anxious to be First Lady (Wh...). Is this the man we want for president? Is this the person we want as First lady (I use the term lightly).?

14. Charles Goines

Ron Paul has the best position on all the major issues, but he is not good television material. So this election will come down to principles verses appearances--as usually happens. The American electorate is composed with some people incapable of separating the goats from the sheep. I knew the issues I wanted addressed and what was significant before the campaign started. Seeing the candidates perform is not important to me. Seeing how the media treats the issues and the candidates is significant and terribly distasteful. I only wish America would get Ron Paul as President and the media exactly what it deserves.

1. u_go_guys

@Charles Goines Yes, too many Americans want "Stepford" characters (phony, in-lock-step, plastic haired drones) or "Borgs" (I am assimilated, you will be assimilated, and resistance is futile).

15. u_go_guys

Let's have a look at The Gingrich: Disgruntled adulterer, outraged at being called to carpet by CNN because of his mistreatment of his former wives; lead impeachment proceedings against Clinton, not because of his philandering but because he lied under oath about it; "Chickenhawk" eager to put our soldiers (who are volunteers) in harm's way and commit our military to invade Iran; he said “The fact is, I never asked for deferment. I was married with a child. It was never a question” and "I wasn't eligible. I wasn't eligible" tho he could have volunteered (like our servicemen today); he told to Vanity Fair in 1989 “Given everything I believe in, a large part of me thinks I should have gone over" (to Viet Nam); he also implied that his service is covered because of his own suffering caused by his father's service; "I don't know what difference I could have made" (if he had served); can't, or won't, acknowledge the difference between military service and defense. Is this an honorable honest person? What difference can you make NOW, Mr. Chickenhawk,?

16. u_go_guys

I loved the camera shot when The Doctor was speaking and the other three were peering over their podiums. Brought to mind Larry, Moe and Curly; Groucho, Harpo, and Chico; three Archie Bunkers shouting at Edith (when she was imparting some morsel of truth and wisdom) "Stifle. Sti-i-i-fle!

1. LindsayAshcroft

@u_go_guys Yeah, that moment struck me, too. I captured it on my computer and made a Reddit posting about it last night. Check it out: http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/ooce8/how_all_the_other_republican_candidates_mock_ron/

17. u_go_guys

It should be noted that the people who kept their jobs after Romney did his "magic" on the companies he took over cannot be counted as jobs that he created - they already had jobs. Romney has the magic wand of spin (his sons' service to their country is their support of him because they think he will make a great president; that he would not use the authority to arrest American civilians if he became president: that Americans must choose people who have the character and can be trusted not to abuse power; he would continue to put others' sons and daughters in harm's way even tho he evaded, not deferred, the draft by going on a Mormon missionary trip, and to Brigham Young University and Harvard Business School; he asserts that "Now too few families are "paying the price of freedom."?) Is this man trustworthy? Really? Seriously?

18. MikeReddaway

I really Believe if Ron Paul gets the nod he will beat Obama, However I also believe if Newt gets in me might be able to beat Obama also because Ginrich love him or hate him (I will admit I am more of the latter) can go toe to toe logically and debate wise where as I think Romney's wishy washy answers and his political flip flop sides style of doing things will doom him.....As far as Santorum goes someone please tell that pussy to go sit down some where when grown folks are speaking, Obama will eat him alive, he is way to sensitive of a guy to be president when Ron was talking he took it like Paul was attacking when he wasnt God if Rick wins he should pick Glenn Beck to be his vice president (I actually like Glenn Beck) there personalities are prefect

19. kraziekommy

On top of the fact that they were practically ignoring Paul and much of the debate was two politicians going back in a he-said-she-said argument, Gingrich seemed to be kicking ass and taking names in short bursts... particularly right after a question from the media. Is it just me, or was the whole thing -- even the part where they ask about his wife and he gets mad -- planned in advance?

1. MikeReddaway

@kraziekommy I agree they let Romney and Rick argue about nothing for 20 minutes how retarded lol

20. RevNowWhileWeCan

Please get the word out that at the begining of the debate they called Paul an "insurgent". There are many bias's that are obvious and there is subliminal crap like that, that people miss!! We might be Paultard's but we're not f@#$ing stupid!!!

1. u_go_guys

@RevNowWhileWeCan "insurgent" invokes thoughts of "terrorism". I am commenting currently on NYTimes, Washington Post, and Politico. I'll give it my "two cents worth"! Thanks.

1. u_go_guys

@RevNowWhileWeCan The Doctor was called "insurgent". The Gingrich is correctly labeled adulterer and chickenhawk and he strikes back with self-righteous rancor. "Insurgent" suggests "terrorist". How dare you besmirch The Doctor's good name!

(my comment on NYTimes, Washington Post, and Politico)

21. u_go_guys

Oh yes. And if The Doctor is not the GOP candidate, I'm voting for Obama. Better the devil you know, and he now has experience.

1. TiffanyTrummer

@u_go_guys I will write in Ron Paul!.

22. u_go_guys

Beware of The Gingrich. He is angry because his integrity is being questioned. His character is off limits for inspection, but his opponents' must be scrutinized under the microscope. Not only did he cheat on his now-ex-wife, now he has publicly called her a liar. I wonder how he would fare under oath. He did not lead the impeachment process of Clinton because of philandering, but because Clinton lied about it (under oath). Thoughts of Gary Hart's and Herman Cain's fate must have him sweating. Yes, let's make this mass of flesh our next president?

Santorum and Romney engaged in a heated "conversation" about Romney's jobs record that I would have to pretend to decipher in order to judge who was telling the truth.

Romney ran circles around the questions, evading, and changing the subject. But he kept that irritating grimacing smile. Come on dammit, be honest Romney, you were pissed; why not show it? One thing I think I got out of his health care plan is, the federal government would continue to collect the money and "distribute" it all to the states to spend on health care as they saw fit. Will there be strings attached?

Rick Santorum wants to stay in our bedrooms.

This debate was a rerun except that everyone had changed their ties, Perry was gone, and The Doctor was snubbed...again.

23. Nazir Jamal

After watching the way the republican squabble, there is no chance for them to beat Obama, as they are giving Obama a lot of ammunition to fight them, Obama is doing a horrible job but he will win the for the 2nd term! I am convinced if the republicans do not get their act together the can kiss the election good bye

1. TiffanyTrummer

@Nazir Jamal I agree with some of what you said. The three, Santorum, Gingrich and Romney did all the squabbling. Poor Ron Paul didn't get hardly anytime to speak but when he did besides being flustered that he was pretty much being cast aside even though he has down to earth quality ethics, and a real plan and solution to a lot of america's issues. I think it is sad that the media is so focused on the "GOOD STORY LINES" that they look past the facts!

24. Nazir Jamal

I am a Canadian, and love your politics, and the media actually elects the the Presidency, media has to tone down big time

25. 3GoldBars

CNN sure didn't give Ron Paul much talk-time tonight! He would have handily beat the others on the stage if they permitted him to speak... They're intentionally sidelining him, and it stinks! I smell a rat!!!

1. RussellCecala

@3GoldBars Yes the liberal media knows that Ron Paul posses the greatest threat to Obama.

26. RussellCecala

Dr Paul made big points with his response to the SOPA question in the CNN South Carolina debate.

27. Josey taylor

Ron Paul 2012! Unmatched morals and intellect!

28. Josey taylor

Bashing the media? We need more of it. We need to shed more light on the proven "Psyop" that has been going on for years now. They have been picking Presidents for toooooo long.

29. accidentallyhs

It was nice to see they asked for the doctors opinion and Paul is finally getting some time in the debates.

30. Brian Barrett

I was upset with King's first question -- I want issues. But Newt knocked it out of the park. Ron Paul had an awesome night. BEST yet! My wife was downstairs watching (me upstairs -- please no comments), when they ignored the good Doctor on abortion, and i yelled downstairs that they were doing so. And to my utter surprise the audience demanded RP be heard. What a refreshing response considering that God/Golden Rule was booed two nights ago. Ron Paul was great tonight! Keep the faith everyone.

1. bjewel

Although I'd agree that the subject matter wasn't one to be entered into the debate.... still it was asked. And Newt turned his ex-wife's claim into an excuse to bash the media. If he would have just answered the question... but instead he capitalized on a way to evade it... by pushing the accusation back at the media. He never answered what we are all wondering about....

2. RussellCecala

@Brian Barrett I am Ron Paul supporter but yes, Newt has the verbal judo to slam the drive by media.

31. memah4432