79 responses to “Senator Jim DeMint on Ron Paul’s Foreign Policy”

1. Cyrus255

That’s the problem with Democracy. Constitutional monarchy has a better track record, but the problem is when people start pushing for representative government (Britain had an amazing growth but went to hell in a hand-basket when they became democratic).

If you MUST have representative government, then NO ELECTIONS. It should be by sortition (lottery). The greek philosophers said elections were aristocratic and true democracy MUST be by lottery.

2. Cyrus255

Don’t give up. I have a neocon relative who actually told me he is going to vote Ron Paul which shocked me because my attempts to convert him in 2008 to Paul all failed.

The fact is, and many hardcore GOP are waking up to it, is that Santorum/Gingrich/Romney are all progressives. Also even in the GOP, more than half of them are against the Iraq war for example. Also if Ron Paul can beat Romney ONCE, he can take away Romney’s “moderates” who vote on electability.

3. Cyrus255

4. Cyrus255

No! You’re wrong. I have a neocon relative who actually told me he is going to vote Ron Paul which shocked me because my attempts to convert him in 2008 to Paul all failed.

5. Cyrus255

6. rpowell2u

The points made by Jean-Luc are very good. Ron Paul needs to keep his message simple and to the point. He needs to rehearse how he will answer specific questions.

7. dobsonimages

Senator thank you for an honest opinion

8. wamhoffjd

By the foreign policy other candidates endorse I can safely guess that they never played Risk as a youth.

9. 44warjunkie

“We will implement the rule of Allah on earth by the tip of the sword.” – Anwar al-Awlaki

So much for them hating us because we are over there huh Ron Paul.

10. NattligMelodi

I wish DeMint would endorse Ron.

11. MySovereignTerritory

at least demint is starting to come around to some common sense. he has a long way to go though… kudos to him for giving kudos to paul

12. jean Luc Richard

My name is jean-Luc Richard, i am French and studied The Austrian School of Economics. I strongly support Ron Paul and I am disappointed by the fourth place in South Carolina. Ron Paul has a great message and needs to improve his delivery as he said himself. He is fighting to be the Republican candidate and therefore needs to attract fist the Republican voters. I am sorry to say that he overreacted when he delivered the message ” We are dangerous for the status-quo’”. People only remember the word dangerous. This message is far more negative for him than positive. He overreacts by replying to a deep serious question about the fiscal policy that his ideal income tax was 0%. This is the way not to be taken seriously. He can win this Gop election only if he focuses on his main message: “As a president of the United States there is nothing more dangerous that the increase of our National debt and it is my first duty to solve it because there will be no economic recovery until it is solved. Cutting 1 trillion dollars the first year is a modest cut and the most serious position compared to all other politicans in this country” .So about the income tax question in the last debate a presidential candidate cannot be trusted by escaping into idealism , but instead by delivering the most realistic answer. What if he replied something like : “If you consider like me that our first urgency is to liquidate the debt and that there is no way to escape this necessity, the main danger for the American people is to feel obliged to accept a huge increase of their taxes by the politicians in charge. That is the easiest way for politicians to act. That what happened in all European countries. I can promise you that I will liquidate the debt only by cutting the expenses and never by increasing taxes.. When a candidate promises you to cut taxes AND fix our debt you can be sure you face a liar. I am a conservative fiscal candidate, the only one that you can trust on these issues. I will get rid off the debt and then I will act to decrease the income tax as well as the corporate taxes as much as possible”.

My second advice would be to announce NOW that he chooses Senator DeMint as his Vice President. This announcement now would give confidence to a large number of Republican voters and they will endorse him at this crucial moment of the campaign.

13. jean Luc Richard

My second advice would be to announce NOW that you chose Senator DeMint as your Vice President. This announcement now would give confidentce to a large number of Republicans and they will endorse you at this crucial moment of the campaign.

14. jean Luc Richard

My name is jean-Luc Richard, i am French and studied The Austrian School of Economics. I strongly support Ron Paul and I am disappointed by the fourth place in South Carolina. Ron Paul has a great message and needs to improve his delivery as he said himself. He is fighting to be the Republican candidate and therefore needs to attract fist the Republican voters. I am sorry to say that he overreacted when he delivered the message ” We are dangerous for the status-quo’”. People only remember the word dangerous. This message is far more negative for him than positive. He overreact by replying to a deep serious question about the fiscal policy that his ideal income tax was 0%. This is the way not to be taken seriously. He can win this Gop election only if he focuses on his main message: “As a president of the United States there is nothing more dangerous that the increase of our National debt and it is my first duty to solve it because there will be no economic recovery until it is solved. Cutting 1 trillion dollars the first year is a modest cut and the most serious position compared to all other politicans in this country” .So about the income tax question in the last debate a presidential candidate cannot be trusted by escaping into idealism , but instead by delivering the most realistic answer. What if he replied something like : “If you consider like me that our first urgency is to liquidate the debt and that there is no way to escape this necessity, the main danger for the American people is to feel obliged to accept a huge increase of their taxes by the politicians in charge. That is the easiest way for politicians to act. That what happened in all European countries. I can promise you that I will liquidate the debt only by cutting the expenses and never by increasing taxes.. When a candidate promises you to cut taxes AND fix our debt you can be sure you face a liar. I am a conservative fiscal candidate, the only one that you can trust on these issues. I will get rid off the debt and then I will act to decrease the income tax as well as the corporate taxes as much as possible”.

15. jean Luc Richard

My name is jean-Luc Richard, i am French and studied The Austrian School of Economics. I strongly support Ron Paul and I am disappointed by the fourth place in South Carolina. Ron Paul has a great message and needs to improve his delivery. He is fighting to be the Republican candidate and therefore needs to attract first the Republican voters. I am sorry to say that he overreacted when he delivered the message ” We are dangerous for the status-quo’”. People only remembered the word dangerous. This message is far more negative for him than positive. He overreact by replying to a deep serious question about the fiscal policy that his ideal income tax was 0%. This is the way not to be taken seriously. He can win this Gop election only if he focus on his main message: As a president of the United States there is nothing more dangerous that the increase of our National debt and it is my first duty to solve it because there will be no economic recovery until it is solved. You say it and I agree with you that cutting 1 trillion dollars the first year is a modest cut and the most serious position compared to all other politicans in this country. So about the income tax question in the last debate a presidential candidate cannot be trusted by escaping into idealism but instead by delivering the most realistic answer. What if he replied something like : “If you consider like me that our first urgency is to liquidate the debt and that there is no way to escape this necessity, the main danger for the American people is to feel obliged to accept a huge increase of their taxes by the politicians in charge. That is the easiest way for politicians to act. That what happened in all European countries. I can promise you that I will liquidate the debt only by cutting the expenses and never by increasing taxes.. When a candidate promises you to cut taxes AND fix the debt you can be sure you face a liar. I am a conservative fiscal candidate, the only one that you can trust on these issues. I will get rid off the debt and then I will act to decrease the income tax as well as the corporate taxes as much as possible”.

My second advice would be to announce NOW that you chose Senator DeMint as your Vice President. This announcement now would give confidentce to a large number of Republicans to endorse you at this crucial moment of the campaign.

16. jean Luc Richard

My name is jean-Luc Richard, i am French and studied The Austrian School of Economics. I strongly support Ron Paul and I am disappointed by the fourth place in South Carolina. Yes, Ron Paul , has a great message and needs to improve his delivery. He is fighting to be the Republican candidate and therefore needs to attract fist the Republican voters with you. I am sorry to say that he overreacted when he delivered the message ” We are dangerous for the status-quo’”. People only remember the word dangerous. This message is far more negative for you than positive. He overreact by replying to a deep serious question about the fiscal policy that his ideal income tax was 0%. This is the way not to be taken seriously. He can win this Gop election only if your main message is: As a president of the United States there is nothing more dangerous that the increase of our National debt and it is my first duty to solve it because there will be no economic recovery until it is solved. You say it and I agree with you that cutting 1 trillion dollars the first year is a modest cut and the most serious position compared to all other politicans in this country. So about the income tax question in the last debate a presidential candidate cannot be trusted by escaping into idealism , but instead by delivering the most realistic answer. What if he replied something like : “If you consider like me that our first urgency is to liquidate the debt and that there is no way to escape this necessity, the main danger for the American people is to feel obliged to accept a huge increase of their taxes by the politicians in charge. That is the easiest way for politicians to act. That what happened in all European countries. I can promise you that I will liquidate the debt only by cutting the expenses and never by increasing taxes.. When a candidate promises you to cut taxes AND fix our debt you can be sure you face a liar. I am a conservative fiscal candidate, the only one that you can trust on these issues. I will get rid off the debt and then I will act to decrease the income tax as well as the corporate taxes as much as possible”.

17. jean Luc Richard

My name is jean-Luc Richard, i am French and studied Economics. I strongly support Ron Paul and I am disappointed by the fourth place in South Carolina. Yes, Ron Paul , your message is great and you need to improve your delivery. First you are fighting to be the Republican candidate and therefor needs to get the conservative voters with you. I am sorry to say that you overreacted when you delivered the message ” We are dangerous for the status-quo’”. People only remember the word dangerous. This message is far more negative for you than positive. You overreact by replying to a deep serious question about the fiscal policy that your ideal income tax is 0%. This is the way not to be taken seriously. You can win this Gop election only if your main message is: As a president of the United States there is nothing more dangerous that the increase of our National debt and it is my first duty to solve it because there will be no economic recovery until it is solved. You say it and I agree with you that cutting 1 trillion dollars the first year is a modest cut and the more serious position compared to all other politicans in this country. About the income tax question in the last debate a presidential candidate cannot be trusted by escaping into ideal, but instead should deliver the more realistic answer. What if you replied something like : “If you consider like me that our first urgency is to liquidate the debt and that there is no way to escape this necessity, the main danger for the American people is to feel obliged to accept an huge increase of their taxes by politicians in charge. That is the easiest way for politicians to act. That what happened in all European countries. I can promise you that I will liquidate the debt only by cutting the expenses and never increase taxes.. When a candidate promises you to cut taxes AND fixing our debt you can be sure you face a liar. I am a conservative fiscal candidate, the only one that you can trust on these issues. I will get rid off the debt and then I will act to decrease the income tax as well as the corporate taxes as much as possible”.

18. knowthetruthnow2011

Obama has failed the American people Vote RON PAUL for real change thats needed to bring the USA and its people back to how America should be!!!

RON PAUL 2012

VOTE NOW PEOPLE SHEEPLE WAKE UP NOW!!!

19. jwmarco21

Congrats South Carolina you’ve just proved why you are a bunch of sheep!!!! RON PAUL 2012

20. BuffaloSoldier2007

Ron Paul 2012

21. TheCultivatedMind

There will be riots if Paul doesn’t win anyway. Many of his policies are needed so badly that not following them will throw us into the depths of a gargantuan worldwide economic collapse worse than the Great Depression.

22. TheCultivatedMind

23. TheCultivatedMind

24. itsboogaloo

I agree,The Judge seems to be the only guy on fox supporting Ron Paul

25. itsboogaloo

I agree,The Judge seems to be the only guy on fox supporting Ron Paul

26. Patrickgroy

Yo, President Obama and Romney got “pimp” in their steps but you KNOW what this country needs. Make us understand! Stand up to these guys because you have the knowledge that they do not possess. Slow down and get the importance of what you are saying instilled in our minds. They are better salesmen than you and the fact is people like what you’re saying but they don’t like how you’re saying it! Passion, I know you got it but show it!

1. Sharon K

@Patrickgroy Good point. I was VERY disappointed with the lack of passion in the final debate in South Carolina. May I suggest Ron Paul and the group study every time he got trapped with a question and craft and practice what Ron Paul meant to say. Also, emphasize where the majority agree…the debt growing and not being the world’s policeman…especially at our expense.

Also, do you mean to say that in year one there will be NO transition from some of these programs like WIC (Woman, Infants, and Children)? Many poor families and single moms are dependent on these to help get good food and medical care.

Remember, under promise an over deliver. We do NOT have a monarchy and everything bad Obama has done will not be overthrown overnight. People want to know you are sincerely taking this country in the right direction. To get rid of the current banking system we have must be done very carefully to avoid chaos. Many people hear with you are saying and agree but are afraid of the speed.

On debates,,, Demand the spot you are due with your record. If you do not get it have your supporter IN MASS go to bat for you.

The most effective advertising is friend to friend. Come up a catchy brochure that addresses all the concerns,fears and misconceptions people have about Ron Paul. For example… about 9-11 Make it clear you are NOT blaming the victims. You were concerned about blowback LONG before it happened. However, if we don’t look carefully at our foreign policy we will make the problem worse not better.

Although you are doing a great job among independents and democrats many republicans see you as only a libertarian in republican clothing. To further that narrative the independent run if not given the republican nomination keeps being brought up. This is really hurting you with your republican base. Make it clear that you are a TRUE republican seeking to bring the party back where it should be.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I was very against you the last election but the media black-out and the rise of the internet allowed me to see the lies and ignorance for what it is.

Blessings,

Sharon

27. RobTzu .

Ron Paul is moving the conversation.

28. RobTzu

Ron Paul is moving the conversation.

29. nachonati

haha

30. WARLOCKakaTROLL

I like this judge guy hes got rons back

31. Bean Cube

People should prepare riots against GOP if Ron Paul doesn’t win the nomination. Ron Paul is young. If your grandpa and grandma vote for Ron Paul, they are young as well because freedom makes us all young.

32. beancube2010

33. oceaurill

RON PAUL 2012

everyone spread the message!

34. syiunshi

Judge seems to be the only respectful news interviewer on TV.

35. nutsandbabybutts

Imagine a world without FOX, CNN, MSNBC… Imagine a world with the technology we have today just subtract the propaganda and special interests… That image is America, with free minds, free hearts, and free will, free speech. freedom and true liberty