Ron Paul: It’s Time to Abort Obamacare

by Ron Paul

Many religious conservatives understandably are upset with the latest Obamacare mandate, which will require religious employers (including Catholic employers) to provide birth control to workers receiving healthcare benefits. This mandate includes certain birth control devices that are considered abortifacients, like IUDs and the “morning after” pill.

Of course Catholic teachings forbid the use of any sort of contraceptive devices, so this rule is anathema to the religious beliefs of Catholic employers. Religious freedom always has been considered sacrosanct in this country. However, our federal bureaucracy increasingly forces Americans to subsidize behaviors they find personally abhorrent, either through agency mandates or direct transfer payments funded by tax dollars.

Proponents of this mandate do not understand the gravity of forcing employers to subsidize activities that deeply conflict with their religious convictions. Proponents also do not understand that a refusal to subsidize those activities does not mean the employer is “denying access” to healthcare. If employers don’t provide free food to employees, do we accuse them of starving their workers?

In truth this mandate has nothing to do with healthcare, and everything to do with the abortion industry and a hatred for traditional religious values. Obamacare apologists cannot abide any religious philosophy that promotes large, two parent, nuclear, heterosexual families and frowns on divorce and abortion. Because the political class hates these values, it feels compelled to impose—by force of law—its preferred vision of society: single parents are noble; birth control should be encouraged at an early age; and abortion must be upheld as an absolute moral right.

So the political class simply tells the American people and American industry what values must prevail, and what costs much be borne to implement those values. This time, however, the political class has been shocked by the uproar to the new mandate that it did not anticipate or understand.

But Catholic hospitals face the existential choice of obeying their conscience and engaging in civil disobedience, or closing their doors because government claims the power to force them to violate the teachings of their faith. This terrible imposition has resonated with many Americans, and now the Obama administration finds itself having to defend the terrible cultural baggage of the anti-religious left.

Of course many Catholic leaders originally supported Obamacare because they naively believe against all evidence that benign angels in government will improve medical care for the poor. And many religious leaders support federal welfare programs generally without understanding that recipients of those dollars can use them for abortions, contraceptives, or any number of activities that conflict deeply with religious teachings. This is why private charity is so vitally important and morally superior to a government-run medical system.

The First Amendment guarantee of religious liberty is intended to ensure that Americans never have to put the demands of the federal government ahead of the their own conscience or religious beliefs. This new policy turns that guarantee on its head. The benefits or drawbacks of birth control are not the issue. The issue is whether government may force private employers and private citizens to violate their moral codes simply by operating their businesses or paying their taxes.

1. seo for dummies online

2. miami florida area code number

3. I’ve spent the last 10 minutes browsing a couple of posts here and decide to subscribe to your feed!

4. Ron Paul: It’s Time to Abort Obamacare I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You're incredible! Thanks! your article about Ron Paul: It’s Time to Abort ObamacareBest Regards Justin

5. Widzialem ten portal jest elegancki

6. The particular completely new Zune browser is remarkably good, but not as good as the iPod. It functions well, but isn as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that not an issue, but if you planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod larger screen and better browser may be crucial.

7. We are a group of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with useful info to work on. You have done a formidable job and our whole group will be grateful to you.

8. Located your write-up really appealing in fact. I seriously enjoyed studying it so you make very some great points. I'll bookmark this web site for that long run! Relly good report.

9. Absolutely pent content material , appreciate it for entropy.

10. I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

11. There is visibly a bundle to identify about this. I assume you made certain good points in features also.

12. Hi this is a really intricate website that you place details on. The weird is that I think there is a ton even more spam than you recognize. Possibly you realize that actually but merely in situation you didn't now you accomplish. I signed upped to the reviews because I prefer to abide by your important data since I take it heart and also life by your phrase.

13. I like this web blog its a master peace ! Glad I noticed this on google. "The definition of a beautiful woman is one who loves me." by Sloan Wilson.

14. I went over this internet site and I believe you have a lot of good information, saved to fav (:.

15. I like this web blog very much so much superb information. "Tell me who admires you and loves you, and I will tell you who you are." by Charles Augustin Sainte-Beauve.

16. This is all very new to me and this article really opened my eyes.Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.

17. I love sci-fi, but there seems to be a lot of juvenile stuff on the program