Ron Paul’s Tough Questions for Hillary Clinton

Transcript

Madam Speaker: And being the wise legislature that he is, Dr. Paul elected to stay here, and so he gets to ask his question. Congressman Paul of Texas is recognized. I’ve learned not to say anything negative about Ron Paul.

Ron Paul: Welcome, Madam Secretary. I do want to get your comments about the stir that was caused by the apology over the Quran. And the administration has received a lot of criticism about this, and I think you’ve expressed some point that maybe this doesn’t help your job any by stirring up the resentment. But the whole issue about apology I think is an interesting one from a national level, and I recall what happened after Mac Demurer wrote his memoirs and he was apologetic about what happened and about how he orchestrated the Vietnam War. And a reporter asked him if he should apologize, and he said, “What good is an apology if the policies are wrong. You have to learn something from it and change the policy”. So a lot of emotions come out on this issue of an apology.

And I keep thinking that those who didn’t criticize him, I don’t think they criticized the last administration when President apologized for using the Quran as a target. So, sometimes apologizes aren’t always all equal. But with even that said, there were torture photograph before and they were very aggravating. Recently, there was urinating on bodies, on corpses, we didn’t particularly apologize for those, did we? I mean, there weren’t apologies there. But some of these things are emotional. But what about the whole idea of invading a country and occupying a country and disturbing their country, creating hundreds of thousands of refugees and suffering. Does it ever get to a point where apologizing about the Quran is rather minor to some of the other problems that we have created in these countries, could can comment on that?

Hillary Clinton: Well, Congressman, first I appreciate the very measured comments you’ve made about our presidents, not only this one, but prior presidents offering apologizes when we are deeply sorry for unfortunate incidents that occurred, that were not intentional, and which we know have emotional resonance with people. The larger question you ask, I think it’s also important to put into context that President Obama promised to wind down the Iraq War, he has done so. He’s in the process of transitioning out of Afghanistan in a manner that is done appropriately in keeping with the very large decisions that have to be made about helping the afghans defend themselves, working with our partners and allies in that effort. And, I think the underlying premises, certainly one that can be debated among Americans of good faith, I believe that we were justified in going to Afghanistan, which is …

Ron Paul: I want to apologize because I don’t want to get on that subject.

Hillary Clinton: And I accept your apology.

Ron Paul: Okay, there you go. But I do want to touch on something else to get a little different perspective on the nuclear enrichment in Iran. Because we hear different stories, even in Israel there are debates. Tamir Pardo actually said that if they get a weapon, it’s not an existential threat to Israel, so I’m sure there’s probably a more nuanced debate in Israel than there is here sometimes. But isn’t it true that Iran has the right to enrich up to 20% for peaceful purposes? The way we talk and hear discussions, most people believe that they have absolutely no right to enrich. And don’t they have that protection under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty? But it never seems to have a balanced approach to that. And the best I can tell from what I read, there’s no evidence that they have a bomb, there’s no evidence that they’re on the verge of getting it, and even the administration, whether it’s the Clapper or general Dempsey, are saying, “It won’t make any sense to have a preemptive attack on there”. Could you give us a sense of a proper balance here, because a lot of people are convinced it’s Syria and then it’s Iran, and I’m personally concerned about that, because the last thing the American people need is another war. We don’t have the money, we don’t have the resources, and the military is not ready for another war.

Hillary Clinton: Congressman, I would direct your attention to the most recent Director-General’s report from the International Atomic Energy Agency, it’s not an American document, which outlines the concerns about the non-peaceful use of civilian nuclear power. There is increasing evidence that what the Iranians do is not consistent with their right to have the peaceful use of nuclear power. And I’ll be happy to get you a copy of that, because I think you asked a very important set of questions.

Madam Speaker: Thank you so much, Congressman. Thank you, Madam Secretary.

This is a rush transcript. If you notice any errors please report them using the “Help improve this post” link at the bottom of this post.

1. YEAAAAAAAAAAH RON.

2. ron paul is the man!

3. She has so many words to say. Too bad there's zero meaning behind any of them. I haven't seen ducking and dodging like that since Tyson was in the ring.

4. In my opinion Iran having nuclear simply means they have more chips on the table in the biggest poker game called politics. USA is a bully and the bullied are doing what they can to protect themselves. We are fed a bunch of crap by our media just as much as Korea or any other dictatorship. There is no free country in the world. Never has been and never will be. It is all a matter of perspective. Whatever ideas people had about freedom always died soon after their implementation by greed.

5. Ron Paul is homophobic (as shown in the Bruno movie). There have also been a lot of tornadoes recently, and he said that any place and/or person that uses FEMA to help the victims of those tornadoes is a thief for using other peoples' money for help. Ron Paul and every other conservative is a fucking nut job who only cares for themselves.

6. 40 Years of Service to this Country.. Delivered over 4,000 babies... U.S Airforce for 5 years.. If this isn't a Prophet from G.o.d. I don't know who is.. I will be Voting for Ron Paul in the New York Primary. I will be writing his name in for President 2012

7. Somebody's got to stop this woman: she commits fashion crime ALL the time - call the Fashion Police! EEEEUUWWWW

8. Even if he doesn't get the nomination we should still write his name in at the general election. Maybe then he'll at least win the popular vote, but they would probably rig the electoral college.

9. Okay time out. I haven't watched the full video I got to 2:20 and noticed those 2 guys could be more interested in baseball, hockey, or facebook more than this entire thing that they went so terribly out of their way to attend. To a smart mouth who will say "multitasking" I say: ...PAY ATTENTION STUPID AND TURN YOUR IPHONE OFF! You know the kind of people that are like this, their expensive technologies compensate for their extremely low morals and substandard IQ. Ron Paul 2012 ! INFOWARS.COM !

10. NOW or NEVER

11. hillary and her corrupt husband have eaten many meals with israeli money...corruption at its finest.

ron paul 2012

12. If you're caucusing, just bring a couple neighbors who support Paul cause it makes a difference in delegates picked from the precincts I caucused in WA, and out of 7, I was the only Paul supporter, the other 6 people were so uneducated it was painful to try and explain things to them.
    Thumbs up so people can see

13. 5:36 you're right (Mr Paul) ....You're right (We have no fucking business go to war over this) (But Im getting paid SO MUCH FRIGGEN MONEY to spew all this bullshit.)

14. Look it was a BOOK! no person was harmed. no blood was shed. The books in question had secret messages written in them. Once you write in the Quran you have desicrated it as a holy book, any normal person would have disposed of them anyway. Heres the bottom line, "THERE WAS NO APOLOGY NECESSARY".

15. Can someone at least give her some make up if she's going on national tv representing the country!?!

16. This funking bitch(HC) really wants a war with IRAN

17. Are you an adult who hates how teens act today? If so follow my blog listed in my channel. It is named rudeteensthesedays.

18. Why does Hillary have cue cards in front of her after Dr. Paul's questions. Are these questions available to her ahead of time so her statements can be assembled? Of course.

19. Ron Paul gets better and better!

20. tax payers money around her neck; bling!bling