Federal Reserve Aid to the Eurozone: Its Impact on the U.S. and the Dollar

592 Responses

Congressman Ron Paul, Chairman of the Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology Subcommittee, announced today that the subcommittee will hold a hearing to examine the Federal Reserve’s assistance to the Eurozone and the impact of that assistance on the U.S. monetary system and the dollar.

“The Federal Reserve has been creating money out of thin air for forty years now,” Chairman Paul stated, “and they’ve ramped up the printing presses during these five years of crisis—all in the name of economic stability. But there are consequences to massive amounts of money creation, consequences when central banks print money, consequences when they loan it, and consequences when banks get this money and create even more money and credit through fractional reserve banking. Indeed, these Fed actions helped cause the very crisis we’re suffering from today.”

Congressman Paul continued, “It is important for Congress to acknowledge this and to hold the Fed accountable for its actions, since they affect the value of the dollars in our wallets. This isn’t just about the Fed trying to bailout Europe; there is a fundamental question here about what fiat money does to the economy. I am pleased that President Dudley, a permanent voting member on the FOMC, will be appearing before the subcommittee so we can ask some important questions about the Fed’s involvement in Europe and what that means for the dollar and our fiat monetary regime.”

The hearing, entitled “Federal Reserve Aid to the Eurozone: Its Impact on the U.S. and the Dollar,” will be held on Tuesday, March 27, at 10:00 a.m. in Room 2128 of the Rayburn House Office Building.

Witnesses scheduled to testify:

• William Dudley, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
  • Steven B. Kamin, Director, Division of International Finance, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System

Processing your request, Please wait....

592 responses to “Federal Reserve Aid to the Eurozone: Its Impact on the U.S. and the Dollar”

1. TheButtonMasherz

I think he was being sarcastic…

2. GODFaTHa212

29:15 yeaaaa….ok…..

3. UnreasonableKnoll

Yeah, the reality is, people like you are too damned stupid to look at anything from an objective standpoint. But I still have hope that you will one day grow a brain… ah, me and my dream world.

4. WorldTravelDude

Keep living in your dream world.

5. realmacoil

knoll u got no clue or u simpely denied for all the reasonable fact that Ron had made.I just can’t belive there r many ppl like u in US and that makes america is now aday.shame on u ppl.

6. UnreasonableKnoll

Ending the wars, auditing the fed, protecting civil liberties, ending ndaa and patriot act, ending the war on drugs. So lunatic…

7. powers7882

People are brainwashed by the media and actually believe everything they say when most of it is a crock. The Elite run everything and own everything. The Federal reserve is not owned by America but by foreign bankers who are the new world order to kill at least 1/3 of us through vaccines, chem trails, Haarp program, ingredients in your food and water supplies, and countless other programs that are classified to the public.

8. Sara3346

No more CISPA it must be stopped.

9. DoctorPhilth

Download your own Ron Paul interruption ring tone. Text 2012 to download.

10. parenteaujason

Who the fuck does Dudley keep looking back to? “Ya, am I doing a good job? Have I fucked up yet and given anything away?”

11. parenteaujason

12. Patriot3332

Google CISPA. It is the new SOPA. STOP CISPA!!!

13. WorldTravelDude

Paul has the most disturbing policies for America. His attacks of FED is lunatic.

14. KWTLI

The Federal reserve – a different hand of the same face

15. sfiorare

people don’t want a nut case for president

ron paul’s recent vote results

district of columbia – 12%, maryland – 9.5%, wisconsin 11.2%, louisiana 6.1%, illinois 9.3%

ron paul, dead last

16. UFCextra

I agree with Ron Paul : We shouldn’t be losing any troops over seas, the US can definitely do better than that. But the rest of the shit Ron Paul talks about like pulling the troops out I agree and disagree. We can put special forces and blackwater on the ground and withdraw from Afghan, just as long as we have some sort of permanent presence in all countries in the middle east, europe and east asia. I trust the Commander in Chief(s) know much more about what decisions to make around the world

17. RickU5711

I will know why it was important to vote for Ron Paul. The banks will buy Romney. Some people truly believe in Romney because of the major networks also bought by the banksters. If Romney wins, the central banks win and we lose. They get all our wealth, power and freedom of which has been scammed from us and we get DEAD! Think I’m kidding? Go ahead and vote bankster Romney and I will laugh at you as we die together for their greed..

18. MiloBoz

Link my chann. for my brand new InfoWars report on: RON PAUL ASSASSINATION? ….RON PAUL & ANONYMOUS 2012

19. MiloBoz

20. MiloBoz

21. rembertervin247

You’re an Ignorant Racist Troll

22. housecry

The Obama administration will wait until after November to bailout Europe. To do it now would destroy his chances of re-election. This should piss off every American.

23. anonazero

you are a foolish person.

24. Julio Reyes

You know when the shit finally hits the fan and it will, it will be the begining of the end for all these banksters. super corporations and big gov’t. dont believe me ! Well read The Day After The Dollar Crashes by Damon Vickers, trust me youll wake the fuck up and thank me for it later. They are just delaying the inevitable outcome of such a monstrous system living off the backs of not just Americans but the rest of the world as well. Run and hid assholes it’s all you can do now!!!!!

25. moshcustom

How can he say, “there has a been a profit for the taxpayers”? Anyone remember getting a profit sharing check from our overlords, the Federal Reserve?…..hmmm… =};~[>

26. mutedmind

“That’s a shame” as his phone rings..

27. paggodiablo

Checkout Nigel Farage of the UKIP

28. paggodiablo

Who owns the European Central Bank?

29. Ariakas7708

Howcan yyou not vote for this guy? I see him sitttin there all professional he just LOOKS ready to hammer this country back into shape. made me forget its not time to vote yet, I almost caste my vote early :D. if we dont elect this guy and/or fight voter fraud to get him in, we deserve every bit of pain we get

30. Ariakas7708

31. esubadog

You asked me an obvious question in an attempt to discredit my original point, to which I brilliantly retorted my awesome answer. Again, nice try.

32. CdubsChannel

ignorant fuck.

33. CdubsChannel

It wasn’t a try I was just correcting you.

34. esubadog

Ron Paul is for ending the Drug Wars and the Terror Wars so that you won’t have to touch things like Welfare and Unemployment right now. Ending these wars WILL help the overall economy for the middle and lower class, so that when he does begin to phase out Welfare programs, people will be more equipped to take care of themselves.

I’m an unemployed non-partisan voter. I’m voting for Ron Paul – Republican. But nice try.

35. WHITESONLYSANTORUM12

RON PAUL IS A CRAZY OLD MAN AND WANTS TO ALLOW GAYS AND MUSLIMS TO RUN THIS COUNTRY! SANTORUM 2012