1,939 responses to “Jack Hunter: Why Rand Was Right to Endorse Romney”

1. Nick Taylor

He’s right. We can’t expect to get through to every voter the same way Ron Paul got through to us. We are not ordinary voters. Rand had to play the political game a little bit. I am not concerned by an endorsement. I will become concerned if Rand begins passing bills based on political advantage. “There is no shame in compromising politically to advance principle. But we can never compromise principle to simply advance politically.”

2. 5994fps

Yeah, endorsing Romney worked so well. Idiot.

3. SharkTheArdvark

Rand is not Ron and never will be. Ron has character. Having character and doing what you say and saying what you do is beyond most of us and beyond Rand as well. GOP should have never nominated Romney but they thought they can steal the vote and turned out they couldn’t in this cycle. They certainly stole votes from Ron. For the libertarian movement now is Gary Johnson and if the GOP don’t wise up that most of us are not racist fucks they won’t win much any more. Getting a real plan helps also.

4. Otagoscholar

this is sounding more like a story i read when i was little, Animal Farm! LOL

5. Gabriel Lochtefeld

Thank you for helping me understand the motive behind this action. I was stumped until now.

6. Gabriel Lochtefeld

7. GospelofGabriel

8. GospelofGabriel

9. Colin Campbell

I love Ron Paul and dislike political hypocrisy but I have to say, everything you’ve said was true and I must hope it works out in 2016

10. Colin Campbell

He did not endorse Romney OVER his father, he was forced to in order to tie himself to party support. Come on, we don’t need more idealogical martyrs, we need change.

11. DreamDeeply37

ahhheemm….simple reply to this video…Rand Paul is a traitor for endorsing Romney over Paul. That is all there is to it. I dont have any idea why he made this idiotic doing and honestly, this video just confused me more. If Rand is running in the next election, I wont be voting for him. If he betrayed his father, what makes one think that he wont betray a nation of people he doesn’t really even know?I’d rather vote for no one than for someone who will betray us.

12. DreamDeeply37

lol…I considered liking this til the last sentence. LOL The rest of the comment is great though.

13. twomeyn

youtube.com/watch?v=p_a5a5T-ox4&feature=related

14. twomeyn

you sell your soul once you sure as hell do it again and again

15. twomeyn

fuck you asshole we should never compromise! I would never vote for Rand he’s not Ron Paul I’m not a dumbass sheep that follows anything the “movement” tells me. Rand doesn’t have the same principles as his father. the whole movement has made countless compromises! we aren’t stupid we are the informed! I will rip up every letter and delete every email take me off the fucking list!!! Fuck you sell outs! hmm God says not to kill but i’m going to kill just this once then go back to my principles

16. 3MROCAM3

Bla bla bla It does not make sense man. Sorry, it was wrong.

17. 3MROCAM3

Bla bla bla It does not make sense man. Sorry, it was wrong.

18. Dan Christopher

When Rand did this…I was revolted. But, your point is well taken. That is…if there is still an America in 2016; Obama 3rd world nation Banana republic…Romndey Zionist WW3!!!

19. Dan Christopher

20. 2009mamak

WELL SAID!

21. AngryPenguin27

I’m glad Jack made this video. I was doubting Rand for a while.

22. Tamer Aklin

btw, Ron endorsed Gary Johnson, so vote for him. they stand for the same principles.

23. Tamer Aklin

no, he quit

24. tommyzDad

All assuming we have any semblance of a republic left, or that elections will be held.

25. 1stLibertyVideoBank

Are you my unknown son? You look like me, you talk like me and we have the same fervent beliefs, strategical thinking and common sense. Go Rand Paul 2016.

26. jessebickeldotcom

Sorry Jack, you’re wrong on this.

27. twerygfd

RAND PAUL sold out mofo who has no honor.

28. Alex Strube

Rand Paul 2016?

29. rapsody

Colonizing of the Americas through slaughtering the natives was evil. Is that even a subject for discussion among rational people?

I’m not sure what you’re getting at, I have yet to hear one good reason why Romney should be supported other than to “set up the liberty movement”.. but this endorsement is only setting up the liberty movement for destruction by taking away all its credibility or for Rand not being a part of the liberty movement. Those are the two options.

30. risingsonseven

Ideas like good and evil, within politics, isnt new. Some people think the government through the generations has been evil. Some say the colonizing of the Americas by taking advantage of the natives through slaughter was evil. Yet some think slaughter is good and holy because its their divine right.

I understand the ideas of good and evil. But we should motion toward a less tribal understanding of it all. An inspection of American history shows its not always black and white

31. Cj Daniels

This WILL dilute liberty movement supporters out of Rand Pauls confusing move. Rand Paul is conforming into a politician that plays politics. Ron Paul is a statesman and will always be whether republican or not. Politicians think about the next election, while statesmen think about the next generation, and you can obviously tell this through Pauls liberty movement and Campaign for Liberty opposed to Rand.

32. rapsody

You’re giving the Republican party was too much credit, if they had any principles they wouldn’t have nominated Mitt Romney in the first place considering his record is of a moderate liberal. I’m not against compromise, I’m just against evil. And the Republican party right now is evil.

The history of America is standing up for liberty, Mitt Romney has proven again and again he is against liberty. Supporting Romney is supporting evil, don’t kid yourself into thinking it’s a “compromise”

33. risingsonseven

Working with people you dislike is part of growing up. You are dealing with all types of people, with all types of standards and all types of principles.

This nation didnt come into existence without a bit of compromise. You need to know the history of the America

34. rapsody

It really IS that simple, that whole “politics is complicated” thing is the everlasting refrain of people who sell out their values to gain a foothold in politics. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s posted on the Romney family mantle. Rand seemed eager to sell out values to get ahead in the GOP, something his father never did. If “setting the stage” for the liberty movement includes working with slimeballs like Mitt Romney, you can count me and most of the rest out.

35. risingsonseven

Its not that simple. Sometimes you have to show cooperation in certain ways in politics and in life. Sometimes you have to work with people you disagree with or dont 100% see eye-to-eye with. Politics in Washington DC is very complicated. There is a lot of invested interest in all types of things. Its not black and white at all. Reality isnt black and white either.

We cant simply kick out all the people in D.C. We have to use logic here. We have to set the stage for the Liberty movement