105 responses to “Ron Paul: Americans Will Opt Out of Obamacare with or without Congress”

1. joust

I wanted to know where the real crazies are. This looks like the place.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 4 Thumb down 32

2. robin

A good example of the quality of care in store for us is what you get when you belong to Kaiser Permanente. Substandard doctors and a feeling like you are on an assembly line. I personally go to alternative doctors who treat you holistically without harmful drugs and empower you to take care of yourself instead of being dependent on a doctor. The question remains will they have alternative care as a main part of the insurance for those of us who don’t go to allopathic physicians-there are many of us in this country? As it is now, very little is covered because it does not meet with the AMA’s criteria. An MD I go to who practices integrative medicine/acupuncture and has helped restore the health of so many people, lost his hospital privileges because of his unorthodox approach. It is so unfortunate that people have not done their homework that this will not benefit our quality of life, but instead will lace the pockets of the insurance industry and big PHARMA industry and of course the power elites that control it. I feel the same about the insurance industry as a whole-ripping you off. It’s the reason we don’t have a cure for cancer because it has been repressed as well as so many other areas unless it makes a huge profit for these folks and keeps us sick.

French Canadian you are right that this is their way to force us to get vaccinated and then who knows what is really in these(mercury, viruses, etc). I’ve heard Obama say how he wants everyone inoculated. Next, they will try to put the alternative healthcare providers out of business by banning natural remedies which they did when both parties passed the Food Safety Bill. I’m disgusted with our “liberal” representatives in my state who don’t seem to have a grasp on the issues at hand. I will call them again to voice my opposition to Obamacare and I urge everyone to do the same. The problem is always the same that so many Americans who are against it, don’t contact their reps., but sit silently on the sidelines.

3. French Canadian

LOL… so now they will be able to make vaccines mandatory. Or else, no treatment for you.. Anyways, there are already deadly viruses in vaccines. Their goal is not to pay you any social security and to reduce 80% of the world population.

The stinking insurance companies wrote Obama health Care. Those insurance compagnies are owned by the Federal Reserve banks. So you will be paying taxes to the criminals banksters. Tax with no representation.

Since the announcement of the decision of the Supreme Court, the stock market soared… doesn’t that tell you something?

So what will be next? Will they ban all natural remedies? Like herbs, vitamins, minerals, to crush their competition?

What will be the next step? Chips in your brains? Now the medical industry owns your body… and some peole are applauding. Incredible idiots!

For everyone who is happy with the Supreme court’s decision, enjoy your life, cause it will be short. They will cut on hygiene to save some money and even if you go to the hospital for a minor problem, you will probably come out dead because you will have contracted a deadly viruses due to lack of hygiene.

And if you have a serious problem like cancer, a cancer that could be cure by surgery, rest assure that by the time your name will come out on the long waiting list, you will be dead months ago.

Enjoy and Good luck!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 2

4. bill

I think the Americans will absorb it, accept it, and continue down the road to serfdom. The Republican Mainstream in 30 years will adopt national health insurance in its platform. “Neo Conservatism” is all about maintaining the status quo, not about reducing the size of government.

Neo-conservative SCOTUS.

5. Gene Weiser

OK Folks. . . then next step is to get bar coded, as our licenses are already with information. Personally, I will vote in Paul D Ratchford. Younger brother put up with me while growing up, he can easilly hadle this country, Besides, He has my respect.

6. Alex Wessel

Pass the word along to all Ron Paul supporters to write in Ron Paul on your ballot in November. It’s not a vote wasted unless you’re voting for Obama or Romney.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 25 Thumb down 2

1. bill

Yeah. Rather than vote for Gary Johnson, I am now thinking of writing in RP for president in 2012 like I did in 2008, just because of the SCOTUS ruling. Resist folks, resist!

7. French Canadian

Oh Boy! I’m listening to the Alex Jones Show right now. Alex is mad as hell with the Supreme Court Judges.

He’s publicly calling them CRIMINALS and Stinking Ennemies of this country. LOL…
    I agree with him on that.

And now he is pulling out all the articles about Obama Health care, like:
    Pre-condition health of children will not be covered… etc, etc, etc. In fact, almost nothing will be covered… lol

Poor fools who wanted this Obama care so much… they will be very decieved. Good for them… they are such gullible ignorant sheeps. They didn’t get their free house, did they? And they will get a big ZERO out of Healthcare also…lol

Plus government will now dictate your way of living. What you eat, what you drink, etc. You are fat or smoke or drink… they don’t treat you… you are past 60 years old, no surgery for you, not even for cataracts…. etc.

Enjoy folks! Like Alex jones just said: This decision will go up in History as an Infamy.

Going back to listen to the rest of the show… I like it when he goes in a raging rant.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

8. Jim

“Health insurance” isn’t even wrong. Why is there an enormous gulf between the ‘insurance price’ and the cash price, e.g.–http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-medical-prices-20120527,0,7462049,full.story? It’s because there’s an enormously costly layer between provider and patient amounting to: 1) the gross income of all health insurance companies; plus 2) gross income of nearly ALL hospital and doctor billing staff; plus 3) gross income of all local, state & federal employees dealing with healthcare regulation. The sum is nearly beyond calculation, certainly $x00 Billion per year. ELIMINATE IT ALL. Everybody pays cash and gets the cash price, and everybody shops for the care and price according to their preference…an old man may not care about a scar on his face the way a young woman might care. If you have the money, just pay…if you don’t, there will a federally backed guaranteed loan, with means-testing to determine monthly payback. The only time the government actually pays anything is when the borrower dies before the loan is paid back. An accumulation of serious bills for a poor person might require, say, $6,000/year in repayment, or about the same as health “insurance” costs now on average; much less, or even nothing for those of good, normal health. Eliminated are pre-existing condition issues, pre-approval for care, rationing of care, and so on. Replace large numbers of high salaried workers in the health industry with a far smaller number of people at far lower salaries policing the loans (people lie, people steal). REMOVE SEVERAL HUNDRED BILLION $$ PER YEAR FROM HEALTH COSTS and restore the doctor-patient relationship; allow medicine to be practiced the way it should be practiced.

9. jenn

cheryl,
    what you are not seeing in all of this, is that if you were elderly or a fetus or an infant and had an incurable disease, they would cut you off from all things to prolong life. because the elderly and the new life weather fetus or infant, is not worth the money to prolong life because if they are elderly they are dying any way so let them die is obomas answer, and a fetus or infants their life would not be a good life with thier problem so let them die so they dont suffer would be obomas answer! because i love my grand parents and i want to live as long as possble I am offended by his thoughts in that catagory. and because I know many who by mirical have lived because they were not let to die while they were a fetus or infant, that if you asked them, thier life was of great worth! So it is obviouse that your thought are absolutly only of yourself because you fall in the catagory of being helped right now. but take into consideration if you live to be elderly your life will be cut short!!! because according to oboma you life wont be worth saving! that is why he had no problem taking social security to attempt and fail to solve finantial problems he created!!

10. Scott

Well mandated car insurance may be a bad choice, but in SC and many states, IF you have car insurance, YOU are FORCED to also carry under-insured and non-insured coverage for the folks who don’t have any insurance of any kind and so when they hit you, YOUR insurance covers you and the other two types help out. SO THAT/THOSE are mandated extras and THEY do cost one more then a policy that does not have those items.

The other mandated federal tax is the one imposed on us singles without children and/or older married couples who don’t have children. BECAUSE WE CHOSE to NOT HAVE children, WE are TAXED extra, WE PAY a FEE, so that the Fed. boys can GIVE a DEDUCTION, a TAX BREAK to all you folks who have chosen to have children.

The now approved health care thingie is much like these two… and I’m sure that there are many other examples, that folks can find that reflect the same ideals. You pay now or you pay later, no big deal………!!!!!!!!

11. SWEDE-SUPPORTER

I don´t think Bill Gates really implied that we should kill the elderly.

12. French Canadian

Elderly To Be Euthanized Under Obamacare?

Excerpts:

“The idea that “death panels” would be introduced through Obamacare as a means of rationing healthcare was discussed during an Aspen Institute conference in 2010 when Bill Gates argued that money should not be spent on treating the elderly.

During a question and answer session, Gates implied that elderly patients undergoing expensive health care treatments should be killed and the money spent elsewhere.”

13. Cheryl

Thank you Chief Justice Roberts for doing the RIGHT thing. (So wierd, he looks just like my gynecologist…lol)

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 3 Thumb down 32

14. Cheryl

Reality is we already pay for health care insurance and have for a long time. If anyone knows where to get FREE healthcare, drugs and supplies, please post this information here immediately. lol Thanks Rob, I’m no normally so sensitive. There is simply no reason to call this liberal any ugly names because I fight to protect all our freedoms. However, this ruling and HC act does not encroach on my freedom. Post your opinions about this law not about me. Opt out of health insurance if you prefer. It just isn’t an option for me.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 18

1. Rob

Nothing is for free. I did not call you names. And as far as I know, I will not have an option to “opt” out. Did you know paying into Social Security was voluntary at first. It was also to be solely used for those who had no retirement money or family to care for them and nothing else. People also had concerns that the Government would not use your social security number as an government ID and that you wouldn’t be able to do anything unless you had it. Except for making it completely mandatory to use your S.S # for everything (near impossible not to), everything the government said S.S. would not happen, happened. If they say I can “opt” out, I don’t believe they will keep there word.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

15. B Buckman

People don’t realize that along with this comes the IRS controlling your money, forced vaccinations, microchips and GPS chips implants, taking away vitamins and natural healing and food, gun confiscations, and on and on. You just became a slave to the government who now considers you their possession! They can take away everything you own, force immoral laws upon you, and take any healthcare away by denying your care……they will kill millions of seniors and children…..the American Holocaust has begun! Are you ready to save yourselves or are you going to let them kill you?! Healthcare is NOT a TAX..we should not be forced to comply…that is extortion!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 31 Thumb down 2

16. Dan

Ahhh, Cheryl, don’t like bullying?? THEN STOP POSTING STUPID COMMENTS. You’re asking for it here, piss off.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 3

17. Cheryl

I AM FREE rob!! LOL I FEEL IT, THINK IT, TASTE IT, SMELL IT, ENJOY IT, LIVE IT, SHARE IT AND WILL PROTECT IT WITH MY LIFE!!!! You are on your own pickyprick. Now I’m asking nicely, stop bullying me.

1. Rob

I’m trying to wake you up to reality. THIS IS NOT BULLYING! If you make comments on the internet, you have to expect comments apposed to your rational, just like I expect people to state apposition to my comments. Enjoy the freedom to debate while we still can. To see where we are heading is to know where we’ve been. Yes a lot of good things have happened through the help of our Federal Government, but those are the type of things they are there for, like abolishing slavery. That’s protecting our (all people) inalienable right’s. The right to affordable healthcare and forcing people to pay for other people to murder there baby is not a right we deserve. That’s taxation without representation. It’s outside the Federal Government constitutional limits. If a law is created to support an unconstitutional right, the law is wrong. What happened to Baby’s right’s. I’m not picking on you. I’m just trying to expose lies with Truth. Not saying your lying.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

1. Rob

I am sorry about the sensitivity of your situation. It did not click in my head reading your other response to my other comment. I thought in some way, you were being funny. I am praying for you.

2. sherry

Sorry, Cheryl, but if you think you are FREE, you are an idiot or terribly young. This country is anything BUT free these days. The federal government is regulating everything and is absolutely NOT doing the things it was originally set up to do – like protecting our borders … Ignorant children today truly scare me when they believe what you do – FREE? Not even!

Health care costs for those that already have insurance are already rising and will continue to do so to the point that they are FORCED into the government’s version of health “care”. And these are the same people that allow Monsanto to genetically alter our food crops and then sue organic farmers whose crops are ruined by the pollen drift from a neighbor’s field. They are the same people that allow disease-causing chemicals to be used in our foods and then throw honest, hard-working farmers in jail for selling REAL food to consumers who are begging for raw milk, cheese and organic eggs and vegetables. These are the same folks who are giving away our country’s rights to NATO and allowing the Federal Reserve Bank policies (not a part of the government – just a bunch of greedy bankers) to bankrupt this county. Yeah – let’s let them decide what, when and how much I have to pay not only for my insurance, but for my actual health care as well. GREAT IDEA you stupid child …

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

1. Cheryl

Clearly insurance companies and banks are the Devil….and you sound like one too! I’m not afraid of you or them.

18. Cheryl

To KC: The States will be very involved in the implementation of the Affordable Healthcare Act. And the States will just whine & whine & whine because the Feds are telling them what to do….again. Of course, the States can secede and buy your freedom back. But remember, we’ve been there before…. I hope all of you enjoy riding your bicycles. I really enjoy mine, as does Ron Paul, in 100+ degree temperatures….right. :)

1. Rob

Every one riding there government made bicycles wearing there government approved green outfits. Ah Utopia!

2. KC Ted

Over half the states are nearing financial collapse and suffering under the burden of Medicaid. The Federal government is about to expand that burden greatly. The states will not get all of it back, just as they don’t now.

I foresee states opting out by refusing to abide. We will find out soon enough.

Again, it’s taxation without representation. Clear and truly.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 20 Thumb down 0

19. Cheryl

Ya’ll are just funny! I voted for Rep. Paul in the primaries. I am not your problem Nick…LOL As I mentioned on an earlier post agreeing with Paul, mandates are common practice on the Hill. Paul mentions this takes away our freedoms, and it does, but I still feel free! Health care reform is a battle 100 years in the making, since 1912. Presidents FDR, Eisenhower, JFK and Clinton all tried to introduce reform. Newt Gingrich introduced the mandate of health insurance in the 1990s. Inform yourself and Stop bullying me! *sigh* I have an incurable disease.

1. Rob

THINK, don’t feel!

20. KC Ted

Obama said it wasn’t a tax, he appears to have misrepresented it. It’s chock full of many taxes. I would call that “Taxation without representation”. Wouldn’t you?

As far as mandated auto insurance, that is a matter of the states. The Federal Government operates under the US Constitution and it’s constraints. It is limited in power and passes all other matters down to the states. The states are able to mandate car insurance under their own laws.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 1

1. KC Ted

LOL @ someone giving me a thumbs down. Obama stated there would be no taxes in the plan, now we find upwards 20 different taxes involved. Plus a lot of extra riders that have little or nothing to do with the plan. The plan also costs at least three times more than the amount it was sold to the people and congress at.
      He lied about the tax aspect, he lied about the cost.

Is lying not misrepresentation? We are being taxed for something that was passed without representation. Taxation without representation disturbed our founding fathers to the point that they took actions. It was the straw..

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 20 Thumb down 1

2. Christine

But that’s not quite the same. For the first time in my life, I don’t own a car. My friend in Manhattan never bothered to get a driver’s license, with such a good mass transit system. So some individuals could choose not to drive, and never pay a dime in auto insurance.

Not so with health insurance.

21. Obi

Even Al Capone could not escape the long arm of the tax man. When all else fails, refer to the tax code.

Why anyone would want to trust this government with your health care dollars after watching them steal billions from the social security system to balance their rididulous budgets. Come on people wake up !!!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 27 Thumb down 2

1. Rob

Al Capone/the Mafia and our current Government. What’s the difference? Control over Law making. That’s the difference.

22. Ian McClung-Ford

Also forgot to mention, I heard Paul may not EVEN attend his own Liberty Rally previously scheduled during the Tampa, FL. Nomination. :C

Why not?

23. Nick

Americans like Cheryl are our main problem. We need to continue to educate people like her. We can’t lose pace.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 3

24. Jenn

@cheryl….you are an imbecile. Take your blindfold off!!!! Stop being cattle, herded around by a corrupt government!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 3

25. Cheryl

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 38

1. Rob

If your breathing, your insurable. How do you believe the affordable healthcare act is good for you and your young adult sons? We have never been in a healthcare crisis before in this country until the Federal Government got involved with regulating healthcare forcing cost’s to go up. Now, the Federal Government wants to force the largest tax in our history on all of us to cover the high cost’s attributed in large to there failure. Also, I DO NOT support abortion, the murdering of Human Babies. Abortion is NOT a Women’s Right issue. Unless a Woman who believes Murdering there baby is a Right that Women exclusively must have for selfish reasons. There is more to this though. Do you know about the U.N. Agenda 21? Look into it. Even better, find out about the ultimate U.N.’s ultimate agenda. listen to opponent’s to the U.N. and there agenda’s. It’s sick and inhumane. Yes, two things are certain in life, but do you want the Federal Government to make the decision whether you or your son’s will live or die against your will because they will decide whether you or your son’s are not treatable, and on top of that supporting the Federal Government’s mandate by you paying them through your taxes? That’s like signing your own death certificate. This all ties into the agenda’s the U.N. wants under a elite world control over population control. NEVER forfeit Individual Freedom, Right’s, Liberty for the “Collective Good”. That’s Communism! Communism is inherently Evil under the sneaky disguise of Environmentalist Lies and a promise of Utopia on Earth! It’s not going to happen!

26. josh

Another difference between auto and health insurances aside from owning a car is optional, the requirement for auto-insurance is at a state not federal level government.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

1. Jim

Another important difference is that car insurance is truly insurance, that is, you buy a contract for protection against extremely rare events of a very costly nature that you, through careful driving, are always striving to avoid. Health insurance is different, since when you buy it, you know you’re going to use it. We humans are always getting sick, aging, and injuring ourselves–and these occurrences are relatively frequent and often beyond our control. We know we’re going to need medical services every year–we hope never to have an auto accident.

27. Cheryl

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 43

1. Alex

You are right Cheryl the biggest social program every design by the US government isnt a issue.

28. Mark Voelker

I fail to understand how *forcing* everyone to buy health insurance will help anyone but the health insurance industry.

Hmmm . . . . did the health insurance industry have any influence in writing the law?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 35 Thumb down 1

29. Shaun Fernadnez

What “cheryl” and other people fail to realize is this:

You are NOT required to buy auto insurance because you are NOT required to drive a car. You can use public transportation, a friend, or a bicycle. Requiring everyone to buy healthcare is not the same thing, please wake up.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 37 Thumb down 3

1. Scott R

It’s worse then that… at least with auto insurance you have hundreds of insurance companies to choose from, so there is competition which drives prices down. For health care, we are pretty much stuck with what work gives us or Obamacare. No choice… when you take the free market out you can only get shortages and/or higher prices. We are pretty screwed eh?

30. Mack K

I don’t understand. How CAN we opt out of it if it is now law or face tax penalty…and if refuse to pay penalty, then what? Jail? Freeze your bank accts? Take your property? How do we opt out….without joining the Amish (who got a religious exemption…even as other religions did not. Guess they are the “wrong” religion).

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 1

1. sherry

Maybe we should all become Amish …

31. Remrie Arrie

If I don’t have the power to fine nor imprison you for not doing something I demand, what right does any federal or corporate entity?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

32. Lisa Shinn

I wish that I could wake up from this nightmare that I’m in. This is not the United
    States of America I grew up in or thought that I grew up in. Yet on some level, when I look back through the years I see how we have slowly been loosing our freedom, piece by piece. For me I think that it started with the seatbelt law!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 49 Thumb down 2

33. Cheryl

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 70

1. Tim

The only problem with your argument is that not everyone is forced to buy car insurace. Only those who chose to buy a car. It’s an understood added expense to something that you chose to own. No one forces me to pay rent, but I do because I want a house to live in.

34. Mike Weber

Ron Paul for president and any other person running for office that believes in the constitution!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 49 Thumb down 2

1. Ian McClung-Ford

Johnson 2012; Paul is not a true libertarian when it comes to Abortion, and soft balls too much on Gay marriage, although it is not a pet issue of mine. Further, he told us to “be respectful” at the Republican Nomination in Tampa, FL. amidst his son’s Obamney endorsement (yes, I do know his real name is Mitt Romney, or should I say Willard). Paul shouldn’t have tried a delegate strategy if he didn’t plan to fight it ALL THE WAY ’till November. People feel lost and disenfranchised by supporting him this time, we thought he had a chance. If he ran in those states he chose not to…he could’ve started a HUGE upset. Besides, he should’ve pointed out all the fraud and intimidation the party elites committed during the election. I really liked Paul, but he fell too fast for me out of nowhere. I loved him last election as well, although I stupidly voted for the dunce McCain as a OBAMA~NO vote.

1. Scott R

Paul has said that his personal views are that Abortion is wrong, but that it should be left to the states to decide. I myself am against abortion as well, but, am willing to compromise and keep it a state issue on the basis of protecting freedom of religion. On the other hand, I would like to see federal / tax payer funding for abortion go bye bye to protect MY freedom of religion.

It IS a tough one though, because if you believe that there is a spirit already present at conception, then it really is murder to you, and people are protected by the “life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness” clause. I don’t think any of us will EVER find out for sure until we’re gone.

35. Derek Galarza

Amen. Ron Paul for President!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 78 Thumb down 1