What Should Ron Paul Do Now?

311 Responses

Photo by Gage Skidmore

What should Ron Paul do now?

• Prepare for an Independent run (53%, 5,975 Votes)
  • Don't support Romney and try to slowly take over the GOP (20%, 2,299 Votes)
  • Join Gary Johnson as Libertarian VP candidate (15%, 1,686 Votes)
  • Support Romney as GOP nominee to maximize Rand's chances for 2016/2020 (9%, 992 Votes)
  • Officially drop out of the race and retire from politics (3%, 299 Votes)

Total Voters: 11,251

Loading ... Loading ...

Photo by Gage Skidmore.

Processing your request, Please wait....

311 responses to “What Should Ron Paul Do Now?”

1. Barbara

I hope Ron Paul gets a much deserved rest and that he continues to teach this generation in the way to understand our constitution and the dynamics of the rule of law. I learned so much from him in the elections and looked forward to every broadcastI hope Ron Paul keeps on teaching us what he knows so the next time around our young people will be more prepared..

2. Carol Goodwin

I am so very sorry you were not registered as a write in candidate. I chose Tom Hoefling as he comes as close to your ideas and he accepts NO campaign contributions! I am promoting him on FaceBook and can only pray something miraculous happens. I pledged my support to you, Ron Paul and swore I would NOT vote for Obama or Romney. So my conscience is clear!

3. Nathan

I fully endorse Ron Paul as a president and give him due credit, as such being that he has not flip flopped on any matter to boost anyone’s ego in the media. I have never been political nor voted in my life and now that I am more aware of the worlds history and where we came from. We’re leading ourselves into destruction with letting the machine win over and over again. Even if Ron is elected and is assassinated. He will go down in history and his name will echo in our schools and will hopefully wake up the brainwashed citizens of this country. If you look at our dollar bills made by the fed. Which state on them… “In GOD we trust”…. what do you think that means??? When they have Masonic and illuminati signs on the american dollar bills??? G.O.D(Gold,Oil,Drugs)… things they are spending our tax dollars on to make them more money and throw us into more debt to line their pockets. Starting wars and building bases in other countries to apply threat and police the world because they want to own all the oil and keep printing money and thinking ohh well we can just keep putting it on our petrodollar tab we created.. Reason why gaddafi was killed because they US was like…well fuck you if you wont trade oil with us and will only trade in another currency because ours is plummeting with our piss poor debt to income/spending rate. Soon the dollar bill will be a piece of paper you wipe your ass with. Because thats how worthless it’s going to become if WE THE PEOPLE don’t rise up and revolt against this kind of madness going on! The government should be afraid of us, not the other way around.

4. Denise

Maybe it’s not quite time for Ron Paul’s presidential term. He faces sure death from the global elites. Not enough Americans are awake to the reality of the truth in this country due to media content control. Next election whether normal election date or by economic collapse, etc. would be safer for him. I thank you, Dr. Paul, from the bottom of my heart, for your hard work, honesty, and love you have given Americans in our time of need. Don’t sacrifice your life unnecesarily when Americans aren’t ready to stand up and back you by a majority against this rogue regime! Be safe, we will be waiting for your leadership when it’s time. Thank you, and godspeed.

5. Nan

You claim to believe in freedom but are willing to vote for someone who will not get enough votes to win this election (the future maybe) but will take another 4 years of a pres who does not believe in freedom such as obama. Next election your Ron Paul will not have the opportunity to run as we will be a socialist country run by the current adm. Look ahead I am not overly fond of Romney but feel he Ian least believes in freedom.

1. Denise

All Romney believes in is money. The race is fudged and rigged anyway, and it’s a win-win situation for the same controllers of both parties. I will not vote for either candidate of the New World Order. Should we just dissent from the phony election? Is that a better choice? Remember who wrote/assisted in ObamaCare. The lesser of both evils again. It’s a joke.

Happy Birthday to my hero, Dr. Ron Paul!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

6. Surfisher

RNC=DNC=CCCP

“The GOP is smarter than we”!

While, We The People, have hopes of saving our Nation — THEY, the GOP Elite, have none.

We are idealistic — believers that Truth, Liberty and Justice will eventually prevail, thus saving US from imminent economic collapse and the loss of all freedoms!

The GOP Establishment has no such illusions — THEY want to assure that ONLY THEY and THEIR OWN have first dibs on the choices pieces of meat, when the carving of the American People starts. THEY do not want rejuvenation of the Republican Party, nor is stagnation enough — PURGING is needed, so THEY are first in line to pick our bones clean when the economic collapse starts. (Same goes for the Dems in power).
    ——————————————————————————-

We, the Real American People (the producers), are the HOST — and THEY, the Non-Producers, are the Parasites!

While the Host was strong and healthy in the past — the parasites fed well with little notice on OUR loss.

But, NOW the Parasites have become GREATER than the HOST — meaning in order to survive, THEY have to suck MORE blood out of US than we can produce for ourselves, let alone THEM.

Realizing this, THEY are preparing the road ONLY for THEMSELVES and THEIR OWN to strip our carcass clean (after they’ve sucked US dry).
    ————————————————————————

Now, back to working two jobs Real Americans, so you can produce some more to feed THEM longer…until THEY are finally ready to send you to the glue factory… (“Animal Farm” by George Orwell).

1. Nan

And losing

7. Diana

Dr. Ron Paul:

Please please run as an Independant. I have never voted for a Republican condidate, but I was ready to vote for you. I hated to see what the Republican’s are all about, and what they did to you, by changing the law during their convention. What a Millionaire guy will do? Like Mitt Rommney? He sure did shows us what he can do, he had his lawyer’s change the law. Obviously money/bribe can help him. His lawyer’s cannot stop the taxpayer’s voice, WE THE PEOPLE. Both parties are not trustworthy, or credible anymore. We need another party, but for now, WE NEED YOU DESPERATELY, I BEG YOU TO RUN AS AN INDEPENDANT, you will save us all from the disaster ahead of us, by the Wall Street crooks, and the corrupt Financial institutions.

Thank you.

1. Nan

You sound like one of obamas best supporters

8. andrew garganeous

ron paul or chuck norris

9. D Roberts

Rand is NOT Ron Paul. Not even close.

10. Kim

It is time for you to either support Mitt/Paul or no one at all, DO NOT wright in ron’s name if you do, you will be subjecting the rest of us to another 4 years of hell. I was a supporter of yours until the bunch of you poor sports crashed the RNC you all are acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats, and are an embarrassment to the human race . Just because our precious little ron did not get what he needed to be in the running, You feel it is ok to screw the rest of the country. Look in the mirror to see who is facilitating the Dems on ruining this once GREAT COUNTRY.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 20

11. Stephen Lewis

First I would like to thank Dr Paul for starting this movement!
    The best man America has seen.
    Shame on the media and shame on RNC.
    I for one well do a write in. check Other and insert Ron Paul.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 4

1. Nan

Not smart you must be a Obama supporter and believe in less freedom

12. John Burnette

Congressman Paul needs to do nothing. His SUPPORTERS need to do whatever they can to make sure that Gary Johnson earns a ticket into the presidential debates. If the libertarian viewpoint is put in front of the american public, they will respond. So what if Johnson’s not elected, that’s not the point, it’s about the message and making the political machine learn that we will not be ignored.

I want to thank Congressman Paul from the bottom of my heart. For the education he gave this country in the last two elections, and for his disciplined service spanning multiple decades. We are losing something very special this year.

1. Brad

No we have to pick Ron Paul up and run him to the finish line for the win. Everyday without Ron Paul is one won by Obama. Because the Republicans
      threw Ron Paul under the bus i don’t believe they should even exist, you just don’t get it!

13. Jim Horch

If not now, when? If not Ron, who?
    This train is screaming down the track, the brakeman is asleep, and the engineer is hiding in the head!
    The system we have all inherited is so broken that rules are ignored. I think the writers of the Constitution are spinning in their graves. The two party system is broken!
    While watching the GOP convention I’m getting sick to my stomach.
    We have enough time to make this work! VIVA THE REVOLUTION….
    VIVA RON PAUL

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 4

14. Shane

A vote for “the lesser of two evils”

IS STILL A VOTE FOR EVIL!!!!

Since I turned 18 I have voted for 3rd party candidates ( last 3 elections ), not just for POTUS but for every office 3rd party candidates run for (and when there is no 3rd party candidate… the R & D stays blank). People always tell me “Your throwing away your vote”, and I reply “You are throwing away our life, liberty and freedom with your vote”.

Ron Paul is the only Republican I’d ever vote for…

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 29 Thumb down 5

1. Nan

So throw away your vote and in four years he will not be able to run for pres as we will be a socialist country

1. Lisa

It’s not throwing away your vote! It’s doing what you believe is best. Nan…I would be willing to bet you are in the age group of 50-68. This age group primarily tends to conform. Why? I do not know, but you are the very ones responsible for the situation we are in. I being in my 30′s will not continue this approach of “oh just be quiet and do what’s best” attitude! I’m willing to face the consequences of my decisions and be accountable for the choices I make. I will write in Ron Paul, just as I did in 2008. I will not vote for anyone for any position that I do not believe in. Ever!

Respectfully but you seriously need to wake up.

Lisa

1. Molly Malone

I read you post this morning and I have been thinking about it all day. I am in that age group and it makes me so sad. What happen to us? We were the ones who got the vote for 18 year olds. We were the ones who worked so hard to end the Viet Nam war. We were idealistic when we were young, but I guess we just gave up. We had no idea in those days how corrupt the government was. We were branded as unpatriotic commie pinko hippies. I am so glad that there are young people who are willing to stand up for what they believe in. I will vote for the good doctor. I challenge all the old hippies to reignite that old passion and take a stand. And will someone please explain how Romney is any better than Obama?

15. Matt

What should he do? RETIRE. I also recommend electro shock therapy.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 28

16. Greg Braunlin

Whether Ron Paul is elected President or not, he’s more of a leader, a President, and an American than any political facade they ever have, or ever will plant in the Oval Office.

-But he should definitely run Independent.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 4

17. Greg B

18. Matthew Vega

Support Romney? I’d rather the progressive idiotology be contained in the shrinking Blue Party than allow it to take over the Red Party. I already see Ron Paul’s campaign to educate flourishing. Voting in November is not nearly as arcane a process as winning delegates, but the good doctor should make sure people know how to properly write his name on a ballot. The revolution to restore self government will never succeed, if the rebellious are too timid, too daunted, or too lazy to write a name on a ballot.

It is very clear to anyone who has been paying attention that it is Romney that wants nothing to do with Paul and his supporters; so how can Dr. Paul support someone who wants nothing to do with him or the Constitution of the United States?

Dr. Ron Paul, as a constitutional scholar, is unique, in that he is the only candidate who could earnestly swear to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. He should not confuse the public by taking a Libertarian, everything goes, label.

Continue to educate and pray Americans become inspired and take the quickest way out of the quagmire where they now find themselves.

The signers of the Declaration of Independence risked all, when they signed their name. Is it too much to write Dr. Ron Paul on a ballot.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 21 Thumb down 4

19. Dave Kessler

Dear Doctor Paul, Thank you for raising the issues. Today, I’m having trouble filling out my voter registration because I don’t know if I should list a party affiliation of Republican or Independent, yet.

20. Allen

Paul needs to join Johnson on the Libertarian ticket. I have to believe that he will help Johnson win the race.

1. Brynda

No compromise! DOCTOR Ron Paul all the way. He is a veteran, a patriot, a scholar and a Doctor who has brought thousands of lives into the world. He is actually INTELLIGENT and HONEST and KNOWLEDGEABLE, which is very rare in politics. If we don’t elect him, we deserve what we get. As for me, I will not vote for the Imposter, the guy in magic panties, or anybody but DOCTOR Ron Paul….the intelligent person’s candidate. REVOLUTION 2012!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 3

2. Brynda

And why, pray tell, should DOCTOR Ron Paul do that? All or nothing!

21. gotchabill

I too agree with a lot of Ron Paul’s ideas, but a vote for Paul WILL be a vote FOR the emperor.
    Please don’t WASTE your vote.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 6 Thumb down 27

1. Brynda

That kind of logic is why DOCTOR Paul isn’t president right now. If people had voted for him in the last election instead of worrying about “wasting their vote”, we wouldn’t have an imposter in the White House today. Your vote is never “wasted” when you vote with your conscience.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 20 Thumb down 2

1. Nan

It is if you know you are allowing the current adm to rule the country

22. DAN

WE R GOING TO SEE HELL!!!!!OBAMA IS GOING TO WIN……IT WHAT THAY WANT……HE THE FALL GUY….THIS IS A SEAT UP PEOPLE CAN U SEE ITS THE END AS WE NO IT…..

1. Brynda

Are you drunk, ignorant, or is your “spell check” feature not working?

23. Brad

Does the mud slinging bs ever end? Sorry “President Paul” your republicans do not deserve you but your fellow Americans and the world needs you. You’ve finally woke, inspired and given us all hope in what we should have always had but never knew, what “Freedom” is! Please draw a line in the sand and give the Republican party a choice to choose the peoples choice or start the “Freedom Party!” the peoples choice is only you Ron Paul for president. Your time is now!
    “Get in and hold on for the race of our lives.
    President Paul! President Paul! President Paul!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 3

1. Brynda

No, Brad, the mudslinging will never end as long as people of low caliber are running for office. They sling mud because they have nothing substantial or positive to offer, and they have to try to divert voters’ attention from that fact . DOCTOR Paul is the only man running a positive campaign, based on real issues. He has way too much class to get sucked into petty mudslinging. Obama/Saetoro…whatever the hell his name is, and the guy with the magic panties have nothing to offer but empty, impotent rhetoric. If the Imposter gets re-elected or magic panty guy gets elected, they are going to screw us. Revolution now! Vote for DOCTOR Paul, come hell or high water. Gotta go, I think the secret service is kicking in my door.

2. Brad

Nice to know we are all of like minds but i am getting a hint of defeat but as we all no we have no other choice nor do we want one. Ron Paul i sure hope you read these as you can clearly see we cannot give up on you for President in 2012.
      I keep hopeing and praying you hear us as we know you will win, rename the party “Original Republican Party” or “True Republican Party” or “Traditional Republican Party!” And least we forget the media etc thats screwed us there must be a desert island somewhere for these criminal liars.
      That should be # 1 fines and or jail for lies and deception past, present and future. “Outlaw trillion airs and multi billion airs, this is not molopy were playing this is our live this is our world. If we take it back and distribute it equally around the world there would be no starvation and no poor and no war.”
      Lets get back to basics and honest reality and free ourselves of cradle to grave debt and taxes then and only then will we free all the repressed inventions and cures to make America and the world a cleaner and better place to live for our children, our childrens children and beyond…
      If your walking in the sand we will pick you up please don’t let us down now when we need you the most now!

“President Paul!” “President Paul!” “President Paul!”

3. Nan

Yes hold on knowing you will not be elected but Obama will rule and you will never have the opportunity to run for pres in a socialist country

24. Warren L. McFerran

No to Romney! No to Obama! Yes to Ron Paul!

The main problem we have had over the years is the Republican Party. The Left-wing has their Democratic Party. But what do we constitutional liberty advocates have? Every time we turn to the Republican Party, we are betrayed. It is the Republican Party that is the problem. It’s time to abandon the Republican Party and raise up a third party, with Ron Paul as its standard bearer!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 25 Thumb down 2

25. robin

To all you so called Ron Paul supporters who are telling us we need to vote for Romney now….You have learned absolutely nothing this election season. Those that are fighting for liberty will never sign a pact with the devil and vote for Romney. There is no difference. We will vote our moral conscience. It appears you folks haven’t learned anything about why this country is going under because in the end you are willing to sell out to someone with absolutely no morality, ethics or integrity. Where have you guys been? Romney is as evil as Obama and what they have done during this convention has confirmed it except those that want to remain asleep. You have been seduced by the dark side…Romney sealed his fate when he became part of the RNC POLITBURO…4 more years of Obama and it will take this country to fall apart before people stand up for what is just and right to the bitter end…

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 22 Thumb down 2

1. Dan

SO. You would prefer Obama. You obviously do not beleive in freedom. I am a supporter of Ron Paul, but I am also someone with common sense… As much as I distaste saying this, there is NO WAY we can win 2o12. NO WAY. This system is a TWO party system, and that cannot change in 76 days. Won’t happen. So take the high road and get rid of Obama. That is what Ron Paul was there to do in the first place. Quit trying to help the democrats. That is ALL a third party candidacy will do. And NOT voting Republican is the same as voting democrat.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 7 Thumb down 17

1. Brynda

That negative attitude doesn’t help. Voting for DOCTOR Ron Paul will. Grow a pair and do the right thing….vote for DOCTOR Paul. The “common sense” you espouse dictates that you do so. Neither the Imposter nor magic panties guy is worthy to wipe the feet of DOCTOR Ron Paul.

26. Emil Kish

Remember Ross Perot? he made Bill Clinton president!

Do you want Ron Paul to help Obama win a second term? That would Ron Paul running as an independent would do.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 7 Thumb down 16