Ron Paul: A Republic, Not a Democracy

by Ron Paul

Last week marked the conclusion of the grand taxpayer funded spectacles known as the national party conventions. It is perhaps very telling that while $18 million in tax dollars was granted to each party for these lavish ordeals, an additional $50 million each was needed for security in anticipation of the inevitable protests at each event. This amounts to a total of $136 million in taxpayer funds for strictly partisan activities – a drop in the bucket relative to our disastrous fiscal situation, but disgraceful nonetheless. Parties should fund their own parties, not the taxpayer.

At these conventions, leaders determined, or pretended to determine, who they wished to govern the nation for the next four years amidst inevitable, endless exaltations of democracy. Yet we are not a democracy. In fact, the founding fathers found the concept of democracy very dangerous.

Democracy is majority rule at the expense of the minority. Our system has certain democratic elements, but the founders never mentioned democracy in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence. In fact, our most important protections are decidedly undemocratic. For example, the First Amendment protects free speech. It doesn’t – or shouldn’t – matter if that speech is abhorrent to 51% or even 99% of the people. Speech is not subject to majority approval. Under our republican form of government, the individual, the smallest of minorities, is protected from the mob.

Sadly, the constitution and its protections are respected less and less as we have quietly allowed our constitutional republic to devolve into a militarist, corporatist social democracy. Laws are broken, quietly changed and ignored when inconvenient to those in power, while others in positions to check and balance do nothing. The protections the founders put in place are more and more just an illusion.

This is why increasing importance is placed on the beliefs and views of the president. The very narrow limitations on government power are clearly laid out in Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution. Nowhere is there any reference to being able to force Americans to buy health insurance or face a tax/penalty, for example. Yet this power has been claimed by the executive and astonishingly affirmed by Congress and the Supreme Court. Because we are a constitutional republic, the mere popularity of a policy should not matter. If it is in clear violation of the limits of government and the people still want it, a Constitutional amendment is the only appropriate way to proceed. However, rather than going through this arduous process, the Constitution was in effect, ignored and the insurance mandate was allowed anyway.

This demonstrates how there is now a great deal of unhindered flexibility in the Oval Office to impose personal views and preferences on the country, so long as 51% of the people can be convinced to vote a certain way. The other 49% on the other hand have much to be angry about and protest under this system.

We should not tolerate the fact that we have become a nation ruled by men, their whims and the mood of the day, and not laws. It cannot be emphasized enough that we are a republic, not a democracy and, as such, we should insist that the framework of the Constitution be respected and boundaries set by law are not crossed by our leaders. These legal limitations on government assure that other men do not impose their will over the individual, rather, the individual is able to govern himself. When government is restrained, liberty thrives.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=231gearon 231gearon

I’ve given you the thumbs up because not enough Romney supporters post here or speak their minds. So thank you.
    RP supporters are not prepared to give up their vote, their own self esteem, just to tag along with the crowd for the sake of unity. People have a right to be HEARD and that, with respect to you, is a major problem..The Romneys of this world are too far removed from the people that they are suppose to represent.
    The trust has been broken and it is up to Romney to restore, not to us.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=231gearon 231gearon

To me, Ron Paul has been calling for life boat drill aboard a slowly sinking ship for decades. No-one, even now, really wants to listen to him, but the situation is so dire now that people are prepared to listen.. But to me, the ship needs to sink more, a lot more,, before his message resonates.
    So its ashes first, before the phoenix may rise.
    P.S. Why is the captain always the last off a sinking ship? Simple, it’s because he can’t believe it’s happening. To think we all thought him a hero!)

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=231gearon 231gearon

In answer to yoiur question…Yes !!! Certainly whining and moaning about them hasn’t done anything useful. Showing respect puts you back in charge and enables a positive change to occur. Besides, they are the system that has spawned us, and just because we can see better, doesn’t mean they don’t deserve respect. Whatever happened to ‘Honour thy father and mother’ as the bible says?

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=231gearon 231gearon

Ron Paul won’t endorse and neither does he ‘expect’ anything …of anyone!. His whole message is one of making our own minds up and not to be influenced by party politics, EVEN his own !!!
    I find it hard to convey this to traditional party followers.And I say it to you in good trust.

• robin

French Canadian,
    Did you ever get a chance to listen to those interviews with Kay Griggs?- As I mentioned, she has very sensitive information and this is when we realized that they are monitoring internet activities as his email to her took three days to go through. Who knows if it ever made it? Then we noticed someone was going through our hard drive. It happened again yesterday according to my husband when he went to a states rights site. The intelligence community is busy collecting information. Go to You tube and listen to her interviews. They are quite shocking and why she is lucky to still be alive. I guess they don’t see one woman as much of a threat as her only exposure is Christian radio, etc. I’m sure most people would not want to believe what she has experienced. Such unimaginable evil with people high up in the military and political leaders. She talks about prior knowledge of 9/11 as her husband was a top bass in the Marines and was being groomed. If you get a chance to watch it, let me know what you think. Also, my husband came across a site where two men who are history buffs discovered in the state of Maine a 13th amendment and had never heard of it. . Anyone interested in history should look into this.
    “In the winter of 1983, archival research expert David Dodge, and former Baltimore police investigator Tom Dunn, were searching for evidence of government corruption in public records stored in the Belfast Library on the coast of Maine. By chance, they discovered the library’s oldest authentic copy of the Constitution of the United States (printed in 1825). Both men were stunned to see this document included a 13th Amendment that no longer appears on current copies of the Constitution. Moreover, after studying the Amendment’s language and historical context, they realized the principle intent of this “missing” 13th Amendment was to prohibit lawyers from serving in government.

So began a seven-year, nationwide search for the truth surrounding the most bizarre Constitutional puzzle in American history — the unlawful removal of a ratified Amendment from the Constitution of the United States. Since 1983, Dodge and Dunn have uncovered additional copies of the Constitution with the “missing” 13th Amendment printed in at least eighteen separate publications by ten different states and territories over four decades from 1822 to 1860.
    http://www.readability.com/articles/jgyhggkn-Keep in mind that this on the Daily Kos who have tried to discredit what they found=owned by George Soros..

• French Canadian

Robin,

Yes, I know about this 13th amendment stuff since Alfred Adask is often a guest on the Alex Jones Sow.

Concerning Kay Griggs, I’ve seen many interviews with her. I believe mopstly what she says… but she is SUCH an ANTISEMITE, that she loses almost all of her credibility.

People who are looking for scapegoats are legion. For me, people who only blames the Jews, the Islamists, the Germans, the British, the Americans, the Christians and so on… lose 3/4 of their credibility in my book. They are not realistic, they are plain haters.

This is why I like so much Alex Jones. He is more realistic. He knows that evil comes from everywhere, it is not reserve to one group of people. Even the corrupted banksters who are destroying our world are not the only ones to blame. Who allowed these Banksters to rule the world? Politicians from all over the planet did… and people all over the planet did also. We are all guilty of what is happening. We let it happen. And there is no excuse pretending we didn’t know…. the information is everywhere if you want to get it.

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” ( Edmund Burke)

People blaming Israel for everything don’t seems to know that the American and British governments are even more evil. And what about North Korea or China and Russia and all these other countries? When I hear or see the word ZIONIST… I immediatelystop listening or reading. I know I am waisting my time with these haters who do not want to know the truth. All they want is to HATE one group. They have ZERO credibility with me.

• robin

French Canadian,
    Did you see the letter from Jesse Benton on the Daily Paul explaining his defection to the McConnell campaign? It’s just pathetic. I also can’t believe Ron Paul did not know what was going on. We changed our party affiliation as I want nothing to do with the two parties. Of course, this senator thinks he is going to deliver the liberty people on a silver platter now that they have our email and information. I feel for the people that gave so much to this campaign, but now you have to ask yourself who got all that money that was left? Ron Paul has not been forthcoming on this and it bothers me. Part of me feels like we were all had in this campaign=leading us all to a dead end. Pouring our energy into something that was not suppose to go anywhere. I’ve been left with a bitter taste in my mouth=who can you trust? I know how you feel about Alex Jones, but remember not everyone feels the same way about him or his program. Just like some people love the MSM Fox News(O’Reilly, Glen Beck, Limbaugh, Drudge). When people tell me it’s the message not the messenger, that is what is most important. I also believe his style will only appeal to a certain part of the population. Even my liberal friends will not give Ben Swann a chance because who he puts on his Facebook likes and because even though I tell them he is not part of Fox News, they see the Fox and automatically think he is the enemy. They instead go to the liberal sites like moveon.org, etc. Democracy Now, etc. My husband believes the liberty movement will rise up after this country collapses. By then, this country will be marginalized.

• French Canadian

Robin,

Yes, it is pathetic, but then again Jesse Benton himself is pathetic.

I feel just like you and Alex Jones on this subject. I also can’t believe Ron Paul did not know what was going on. He knew, that is for sure. But he said and did nothing about it. I believe it is to protect his son… so he could have a chance for V.P. or for the presidency in 2016. If I am correct, he was working for his son and not for the american citizens.

Did you see what Alex Jones said to the caller about Ron Paul just before the Jesse Ventura interview that I’ve posted? That sums it all.

“I also believe his style will only appeal to a certain part of the population”

YEP! Americans are snobbish people, let’s face it. They don’t like genuine people who looks like “hillbillies” and who says it like it is. They don’t like ordinary folks who are successful , they can’t stand that. They prefer men with a suit and tie who lies to them.
      Americans are so divided it’s not even funny. But like Alex likes to say: “You better hang together or you will hang seperatly”.

“My husband believes the liberty movement will rise up after this country collapses”

He is right, but again, I’ll bet you anything that even the liberty movement will be divided in many factions… so you will get nowhere.

This is so sad. I believe all this is due to the fact that you were once the greatest country in the world. And Citizens got the idea that they are so perfect and right and above “hillbillies” type. A bit of humanity and humbleness would help your country more than anything else.

This is what I realy think. Didn’t mean to offense anyone… just tried to lay out the truth down by being an insider looking in.

• French Canadian

Robin,

Forget about the link I gave you on Ben Swann.s interview on the Dailypaul. They only have a small part of it… and they only have it in audio.

Besides, I started reading the comments on that site, concerning the interview, and I can tell you that those people are PURE IDIOTS. They are bashing Alex Jones. They remind me of people who only goes on antisemite sites so they can hate Jews more. These people must read every article bashing Alex Jones… it makes their day. These SNOBBISH people are the scums of the World. Boy I hate snob people who only like people who looks “trendy”… and wear a suit and a tie. They hate Alex huge succes… they can’t stand it. They make me want to throw-up. Nowhere, and I really mean nowhere, will you get better information than on the Alex Jones Show. People who don’t agree with me on this are people who do not listen to his daily Show. PURE IDIOTS, I’m telling you.

I have so much respect for Alex jones, I even put him before Ron Paul in my book… this is what I really think about Alex Jones.

The interview starts at: 1:08:58

Alex Jones Show: Friday (9-14-12) Ben Swann

—————————–

And please do not miss this powerful mind blowing interview with Gerald Celente on Infowars Nighlty news.

It starts at 0:26:23

Infowars Nightly News: Friday (9-14-12) Gerald Celente

• dougalas

The tribes of Jude and Levi were chosen out of exile. Christ Jesus planed his human sacrifice for these tribes. Those who call themselves Israel are fools and know not what they say.

• dougalas

I’m half Jew half black the pinnacle of human evolution.

• dougalas

I’m half Jew half black the pinnacle of human evolution.

• dougalas

I’m half black half Jew the pinnacle of human evolution.

• dougalas

I’m half black half Jew the pinnacle of human evolution.

• French Canadian

Robin,

I’ve posted the yesterday interview with Jesse Ventura, below on a reply to you.

Now is Ben Swann interview:

Ben Swann Interview on Alex Jones – 9/14/2012

It starts at 0:26:23

Infowars Nightly News: Friday (9-14-12) Gerald Celente

• dougalas

The third party option is not going to happen. Ron Paul perhaps knows that if he did this it would guarantee the election going to Obama. What was most pleasing was to see Ron Paul at the convention speaking to his people just to his cause and hope the energy he has created over so many years of service would continue regardless of what the elections are fixed to do.
    Many people long for a third party and I too would like to see a BIG Independent party. The paradox of current political party polarization, as you know, was planned as a conflict between the concepts of a Republic verses a Democracy. Using the conflict to divide our Nation and confuse our peoples. However, it goes deeper.
    The division between the Republican and Democratic parties can be found within the definition of Citizenship. Although many of the original Founding Fathers of the Us Constitution argued over the rights to Citizenship, it was over ruled for apparently wise reasons. Washington was more of a wise man than we realize, so wise that not even Jefferson could understand His patients for Humanity.
    Washington bravely struck the Crown in the heart. This was so powerful that the Crown lost faith from very powerful commanders who could have easily crushed the American Revolutionary army. Not only did Washington strike the heart of the Crown but he also struck the hearts of the Native American Indians. Many of our founding Fathers sent letters of appreciation to the Iroquois nation for their input in multi tribal peace. The Crown was forced to make a compromise.
    This compromise was political not economic. The Crown agreed to give the Colonies Political Freedom but was still very reluctant about economic freedom. Thus, Jefferson resigned when Washington gave Hamilton central power over the colonies currencies. This is where I feel we should consider the wisdom of Washington.
    Washington realized that it was better for US to attained political freedom than continue on fighting for economic freedom. One step at a time we will get to where we want. We know you understand. Jefferson understood. But remember that within the evolution of socio-political freedom takes time. For example, who of any of you can convince all of the peoples to convert to a new currency?
    Washington realized that first the US Constitution would help to bring ALL Humanity Together into a political system where all the tribes of Humanity would be forced to recognize one another as Humans who all seek the same independence. Thus, I have come to realize that Washington may have seen that the learning and attaining of citizenship was more important than attaining constitutional monetary policy. How could constitutional monetary exist without an educated population of citizens?
    Washington realized that the greed for gold and capital was too great to sacrifice such an opportunity for Humanity. Now that we as peoples have gone thought the long process of become economic slaves we are ready to fight off the last of the Elite fools.
    Fighting off such a powerful force is something that I have been contemplating since I was 13 years old. You know the history threshold that happens in public school between seventh grade and eighth grade! I was one that did not buy the story, went into my father’s library and found the answers. But even then, I realized that this force we are up against has so much power that if they are reading this right now are salivating and gloating over my observation.
    Naturally I had to find powers greater than the Elite. Hum, what are they? Even after this we will still need to understand that the sustainability of such freedom will require the graduation of citizenship. Simply being born into a Nation cannot grant the right to vote. The right to vote must be reserve to the ones who ‘graduate’ to citizenship. This is what a true Republic is.

• http://RonPaul.com Brad

In 1841 one of my great grandfathers William Henry Harrison was the 9nth President as a Democratic Republican/ Whig party? His grandson Benjamin was the 23rd and was Republican from 1889 to 1893.

My points are Democratic Republican’s what and if Ron Paul ran 3rd party why not run as a “Federalist” like George Washington and John Adams America’s first 2 presidents. A party name very suitable for Ron Paul your back to basics 45 President of the United States. A time when America was fresh and new and not over their head in debt and the schools were free and honest.
    Before the FDA and the AMA were controled and corrupted by big pharma and the Bilderburg Group corrupted our minds to believe and think whatever they want with the help of main steam media further corrupting our already corrupted minds. Does Brainwashed sound better than corrupted?

Amschel Rothschild quote: ” Give me control over a nations Currency and I care not who makes the laws.” (year ?)

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JaxxBat JaxxBat

Write Ron Paul in.. it is legal in 42 states

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SholariFenway Sholari Fenway

ron paul rox

• robin

French Canadian,
    Can you post those interviews you mentioned? Also, my husband said there is no information about that video being authentic. It looks like we can access this site again..I just can’t believe what people stoop to and these are people that say they value the Constitution and freedom. What a joke…For these people it’s one big game. They need to spend a winter in the Siberian Gulags…My husband was on a site today and noticed someone was going through his hard drive. People still don’t believe the government is collecting information on us and the surveillance that goes on illegally.

• French Canadian

Robin.

I can post Jesse Ventura interview because it was yesterday. But for Ben Swann, I will have to wait after midnight.
      The subscribers of Prisonplanet t.v gets to see it first (this is normal, since there would be no point in subscribing). But after midnight, many sites carries out the show.

What you should do Robin, is go on infowars.com everyday and see who will be the guests on the show. If one of them interest you, all you have to do is wait after midnight and go on Google or Starpage (this is my home page) because Google spies on us…lol. Anyway, go on either sites and just type in: Youtube: The Alex Jones Show (September 24, 2012). You will see many sites who carries the show.

Just before Jesse Ventura interview, a caller called in to talk about writ-in for Ron paul… Alex talked about Jesse Benton and Ron Paul… he really spoks his mind… he is real mad at both and he explains why…. then follows Jesse Ventura interviews.

All of this (the caller and Alex response) and Ventura interview follows immediately.

It all starts at: 0:45:00
      Alex Jones Show: Thursday (9-13-12) Jesse Ventura [video version]

• robin

French Canadian,
    Can you post those interviews you mentioned? Also, my husband said there is no information about that video being authentic. It looks like we can access this site again..I just can’t believe what people stoop to and these are people that say they value the Constitution and freedom. What a joke…They need to spend a winter in Siberian Gulags…

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Lishy1 Lishy1

We don’t know. Personally, I’m not voting Paul. However, I sympathize with those who do. Apparently they can vote Paul via the Absentee option.

I think once Paul retires, we should make our own candidates. A number of Ron Paul delegates will still exist further along the road, so I think we should now bet our coins on them to help make changes.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Lishy1 Lishy1

……. Kay’.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Lishy1 Lishy1

Or it could be some no-life in his mother’s basement. Seriously. He has nothing better to do than make these comments ALL DAY! He’s like that Brass09 guy on the whitehouse youtube channel who posts crap on EVERY SINGLE White House video!

Though if he worked for the FBI, I wouldn’t be surprised considering that 16 year old kid recently who got interrogated when he made a Ron Paul video (and they asked him to spy on Anonymous <_<) But I personally believe he’s a no-life who enjoys being a rebel.

• http://RonPaul.com Brad

Our media here in Canada first said the 9/11 murders in Lybia were by rioters than they changed it to something else both are bull. I think it was an inside job yet again to affirm they’re Syrian quest? But i don’t know, just watever they say it was it is not, they have to be consistant right?

• robin

Brad,
      The information coming out is that film was bogus, and yes, this appears to be a set up or allowed to happen as the Obama administration had intelligence info 2 days prior and did nothing to secure the facility or have an ample military presence. Of course, they knew that Al Qaeda would take over Libya when Gaddaffi was overthrown. They are not stupid…I agree this is another ploy to justify invading Syria and then Iran. Now the question is whether those that control our elections believe Obama will serve their interests or Romney. They are working hard to keep us divided and polarized.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marksogmusic marksogmusic

Why are you commenting on here? And only those of lesser intelligence resorts to that type of rhetoric. As typical with those whom do not have any factual information or real debate points or premises. You are the sad reality of those who help move this country into the gutter. If I am mistaken, then try presenting something that makes any sense like a grown person, rather than insults of which school children do.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marksogmusic marksogmusic

Your the disillusioned one my friend. Just open your eyes. Do you really think YOU have ANY choice other than what the establishment wants to give you? Folks like you just perpetuate the sad and ridiculous idea of voting for the lesser of two evils. How has that worked out? If you can not see the obvious facts all around, then go away and stop trolling for the ones that are systematically destroying everything this country is about.