Ron Paul: I Don’t Think Romney Will Have an Epiphany

245 Responses

Processing your request, Please wait....

245 responses to “Ron Paul: I Don’t Think Romney Will Have an Epiphany”

1. Scott R

I really don’t think Romney has a choice either… he is down in the polls. He is losing in Ohio. He NEEDS the Libertarian vote. Wake up Romney- it’s time for the ultimate flip flop. Here let me help you compromise:

“Having a strong military doesn’t mean we can afford to continue the nation building, when we need to do some nation building at home!”

“I believe we should audit the FED.”

That’s all you have to say!

2. maskedphrogg

LP supports open borders, libertarians think private property should be defended. Property is best managed by it’s owners. By enforcing property rights libertarians promote a quality environment. By promoting open borders Libertarian Party is telegraphing their distaste for private property and their preference for the public commons. For a real world example just look to Ducotti Park on Sep 16, 2011 and then look again on Nov 15 2011 just 2mos of public commons. See the difference?

3. strnlouky

I will write in Ron Paul.

4. Scott R

I hate to say it folks but Romney was indeed VERY impressive in the debate against Obama. As much as I still despise the GOP for their treatment of Paul, I couldn’t help rooting for Romney to tear Obama a new a-hole in this debate and he didn’t disapoint me.

I still do not believe any of the 2 will close the debt, but, Romney has me re-thinking that when he talked about weighing the price of everything vs. borrowing from China. Not specific enough, but, we do know if we elect Obama, there will be a larger government since their core belief is that the government can do it more efficiently then the private sector. It is that belief that has put us in the 16 trillion dollar debt to begin with. (that plus all the wars)

I hate to say it, but Johnson did not close the deal with his debate responces. He just seems like a sore loser to be honest barking the same thing over and over again. “cut tax to 0″ I watched him fret over Obama and Romney’s medicare discussion, and thought about my poor grandparents on medicare and started to have second thoughts about this whole thing.

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m considering Romney again after that debate. If only he could promiss to audit the FED, and STOP the nation building we’d have a deal. If he can only tie his own comment about borrowing from China and cutting what isn’t worth while, to the nation building, he might just wake up and collect the votes he needs.

Guess my point is that I’m still in the Johnson camp atm, but, hoping Romney adds more Libertarian ideals on his own here to win over more support. Right now, it looks as though Obama will take this and that’s not good for anybody!

5. 1TheBusyBody94

Or Gary Johnson!

6. maskedphrogg

Any reason you can’t get a boat to NKorea/SoChina/E Angola/Westchester NY? Those are all hotbeds of socialism. If you liked George Bush and love Barack Obama those locations come to mind quickly. Here in the USofA, the socialists are about to run out of other people’s money. Romney knows you can’t grow an economy by taking people’s money away. He’s much more likely to enact legislation that will have you keep more of your earnings. Why would you be against that? Obama had his 4yrs and goofed off

7. Mat Nazarian

I’d rather have 4 years of Obama than 8 years of Romney. Right now supporting Gary Johnson and getting Obama reelected will put Rand Paul in a perfect position for 2016, and will also put Gary Johnson in a better position for 2016 in case Rand loses the Republican nomination. For now, we should just load up congress with Republicans and wait until Obama does something so bad that they remove him from office.

8. Scott R

Gary Johnson responds to Obama and Romney during the debate

9. 22yonkers

what are some of the differences

10. GTAC13

Afraid we probably don’t have until 2014

11. maskedphrogg

Bingo! Despite small ‘l’ libertarian principle that private property should be defended. That’s just a hint at all the conflicts btwn Big ‘L’ Libertarian Party and small ‘l’ libertarian political ideology.

12. maskedphrogg

How does electing Obama to a second term include anything good?
    You’re just as delusional as the Liberals in the Dem Party.
    Oh wait, Gary Johnson, you are a Liberal.
    Or you don’t listen to the candidate you are promoting.
    Can’t blame ya there. That’s what put our current President in Office.

13. maskedphrogg

Like the TEA Party?
    You’re two years too late.

14. maskedphrogg

He using liberal math. The numbers don’t count, only your intent.

15. maskedphrogg

The Liberals already have a major Party in the game.
    Gary Johnson is to libertarian the same way Nancy Pelosi is to capitalism.

16. thisisanewusername

Romney’s gish gallop — an artillery or half truths, misstatements, lies, misdirection, all delivered with confidence and assertiveness, resonated with the uninformed and under informed. Well done, Romney.

17. squishycommander

If you consider 9 votes, more than 108 votes, than you have some math issues.

18. jme6141994

Since Libertarianism is the true conservatism maybe it would be best if they all joined the Republican party and took it over from within.

19. Chris Zinner

Stay home and don’t vote until there is an option on the ballot to opt-out of being lorded-over by a government (which of course will never happen, so just don’t vote).

20. Mat Nazarian

If Gary Johnson gets 5% of the votes on election day, a lot of good stuff happens. I’m not sure exactly what, but I think it includes $90 million in campaign funds in 2016!

21. jcaled24

Ron Paul has a six point plan on immigration including physically securing the borders coastlines, no Amnesty, ending birthright citizenship, no welfare for illegals, strictly enforcing our visa laws, and passing a real plan that forces all countries to face the same rules and waiting periods.I think if the libertarian party could have one representative, it would be Ron Paul.I know what wiki says about the libertarian party and all, but i think most don’t really want open borders.

22. iah48

Yeah I feel you, but I don’t think it will send the same message because they will just throw your vote literally in the garbage and no one will really ever know. At least if you vote GJ it will show up publicly in voting results.

23. 6mechanix6

dont believe the write in dont get noted…they may not even release the numbers and ingnore it…but they will be noted for sure…the establishment has their backs agains tthe wall right now…the message is spreading and people are waking up daily…and it will only get worse as they have no choice but to continue to push their globalist agenda and the people will get more pissed..they wont miss the ron paul write ins!

24. 6mechanix6

i like gary johnson but he is weak on some issues…i have NP people casting vote his way…but as for me GJ would be nothing without ron paul…the people would not be awake and resisting and speaking out and started the first stages of revolution without ron paul…his record and integrity is unmatched and has fought for our freedoms for over 30 years..i feel he deserves my vote…if GJ had a chance id prolly throw him my vote…voting gj or writing in RP will send same message to establisment

25. TravisontheTube

Ron Paul ran as a republican bc it is easier to get into the debates. The press follows republican vs democrats and he has a better chance of getting more publicity as a republican. I think it is great Johnson ran as a Libertarian it is just harder to get into the debates.
    watch this: /watch?v=QDQsIKbQLFY&feature=g-u-u

26. TravisontheTube

watch this: /watch?v=QDQsIKbQLFY&feature=g-u-u

27. TravisontheTube

Why would that be insane? I think we should have a more open border policy, give out more worker visas and let people go back and forth. If we make it easier to get a work visa we can easier track and tax illegals. Open borders also encourages more trade between countries. I would love to hear your take on why this is bad?

28. iah48

Gary Johnson?

29. 6mechanix6

i dont think ron paul realizes how many people will write him in…he underestimates the people that know him and respect him…and how we wont compramise…ill be writing him in! …no one else compares to him!

30. davandstudios

Why do they keep asking about endorsing mittens?

31. RonPaulKicksAss

I am writing in Ron Paul. I love that guy.

32. RonPaulKicksAss

My president!

33. Octavius0

Utopian nonsense.

34. acotytamwiesz

in a 100 years, your statement may be seen as that of a neandertal dude saying to his mate: ‘oh, you have lit up the fire! it is a sacrilege!’ . But, I understand your fear – yes, in a short term , countries with more freedom would be inundated with people from countries offering less freedom. Things would go to equilibrium very quickly though. you know how many people work for ‘customs’ and other ‘border’ services, and that all this serves no purpose at all?no product, no service, just RED TAPE

35. Mauhadeeb28