Poll: Who Will You Vote For This November?

444 Responses

Who will you vote for this November?

• Ron Paul (write-in) (46%, 7,829 Votes)
  • Gary Johnson (27%, 4,488 Votes)
  • Mitt Romney (14%, 2,398 Votes)
  • Barack Obama (6%, 1,014 Votes)
  • I won't vote at all (4%, 743 Votes)
  • Virgil Goode (1%, 186 Votes)
  • Jill Stein (1%, 132 Votes)
  • I'll vote for somebody else (1%, 87 Votes)

Total Voters: 16,877

Loading ... Loading ...

Processing your request, Please wait....

444 responses to “Poll: Who Will You Vote For This November?”

1. Aaron

I’ve been a follower of Ron Paul for a long time and had every intention of voting for him this year but he is out. So my vote will go to Gary Johnson. Ron Paul really should endorse Gary Johnson if he is truly for Liberty. I understand he wants everyone to make their own decisions but the fact is most people don’t pay enough attention and will vote for Romney because Rand endorsed him. Now Ron needs to take a stand for liberty and endorse Gary Johnson.

Not mine but passing along

Should I Vote For Ron Paul or Gary Johnson? **UPDATED**

Did you know just a 5% showing by Gary Johnson would give the Libertarian party access to millions of dollars of federal funding? Read below.

Does Ron Paul still have a chance of Winning? No.

The candidate “must file” to be eligible to be a write in candidate in 48% (260/538) of the states. Ron Paul has NOT done this with any. Zip. His campaign has no plans to do this. Therefore, only 278 electoral votes remain. Out of this 278, 147 don’t allow write-ins at all, or have a Sore Loser Law that prohibits one. So we are down to a possible 131 electoral votes that he could win. Even if he won all 131, he still does not have a chance to win because he needs to get to 270.

Do we have a chance of Gary Johnson winning? Yes (although very remote).
    Has Ron Paul endorsed him? Sort of.
    He said, “I think he’s wonderful, and I think he’s doing a good job and people should look at him and every individual should make up his own mind”

I dont think Dr. Paul would endorse Gary Johnson as it could potentially hurt Rand’s GOP standing and family comes before politics. The statement he made above is as close of an endorsement as we’re going to get.

Here is the most crucial information:

In the 1970′s Congress passed a handful of laws and amendments with the intention of reducing the influence of money in political campaigns (ha). You can read a general summary about the Presidential Election Campaign Fund here: http://www.fec.gov/press/bkgnd/fund.shtml, and peruse the official text of the Federal Election Campaign Act and its amendments here: http://www.fec.gov/law/feca/feca.pdf

There are a few rules about matching funds for primary and general elections, but the big prize is the $91 million grant to “each major party nominee” as well as another $18 million for their party conventions. It’s all funded by taxpayers who voluntarily check a checkbox to specifically divert $3 of their tax bill (note: not paying $3 more) into this election funding pot.

A “major party” is defined as a political party that got “25 percent or more of the total number of popular votes” in the last presidential election, which conveniently only includes the Republicans and Democrats right now (I had been wondering how taxpayers were on the hook for those conventions).

However, a “minor party” is a party whose previous candidate received “5 percent or more but less than 25 percent.” And guess what? Minor parties are eligible for general election funds too, in direct proportion to how far above 5% they get.

If Gary Johnson gets 5% of the vote in 2012, the Libertarian Party has access to millions of government dollars in 2016.

Some may have issues with the Libertarian party accepting funds from the federal government but if tax payer dollars were actually going towards something that was helping to SHRINK government and ultimately significantly REDUCE those taxpayer dollars, i think most would find it acceptable as a temporary measure.

So which vote, at this point in time, will help further the cause of liberty and give the message the most exposure?

I have been struggling with this decision for weeks and after learning about the 5% rule, for me the choice is clear in advancing and spreading the message of liberty – Gary Johnson. I hope this helped you make your choice. Thank you to Ed LaRue for making me aware of this vital information!

2. DON CROCKER

I have followed Ron Paul for the past 20 years. He knew then what he was talking about! He knows now what he is telling us would happed, and did! I told him 3 months ago I would Write Him In As My Vote and I still intend to do that. These oteh two, Oboma and Romney JUST DON’T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Frank Allen Combs III

My first gut instinct was to vote for Ron Paul as a write in vote. However in Florida,write-ins don’t count,so I am voting for Gary Johnson. Nobody else even comes close as far as defending the founding documents and the founding generation’s example for us. I welcome all opinions on my posts,even from Romney/Obama supporters or voters.

4. nanci p. sharp

RP would make a great president but i think he just doesn’t have a snowball’s
    chance which is too bad. in fact, it’s horrifing. i’m afraid his delegates would
    take votes away from Romney.

1. Aaron

I’m all for Romney losing! Gary Johnson 2012!

5. PM

Please realize that if you vote for anyone other than Romney, you are voting for Obama.

There is a BIG difference between Obama and Romney. In my opinion Romney is closer to the Libertarians’ ideas than Obama. That’s why I’ll vote for Romney.

The Democrats will just destroy America as we know it with their continued spending and no plans to change.

Romney I believe embraces all of the Libertarian views except he does believe in a strong military which I believe we must have in order to keep our liberty.
    The founders of this country were not pacifists!

1. Elegy

I hear you. I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet, but I do know that Obama is the most dangerous and wicked human being to ever step foot in the WH. He hasn’t even proven he’s eligible to hold the office of POTUS.

6. Adolfo Perez

Is there anyway to get O’bummer out of the running for president with this new Bengaziei Gate and the U.S. supplying arms to Terrorrist just look at that whole sandbox area now,I’m voting for Mittens just to get O’bummer out of office but I also understand that Mittens is just another Bush in a repaked form, but we just won’t be able to recognize America if O’vomit is reelected for another 4. Fast & Furious on STeroids running guns to Al-Keida, ,I know there are many others out there who would vote for Dr. Paul if not for O’bummer being on the ballot and the NEED to GET HIM OUT . though in HELLary while you are at it she’s just as bad just not as ovious.

7. Adolfo Perez

It’s just a possibility here I mean its 11/28/2012 just 9 days before the elections ,BUT, what would happen if Bengazei Gate were to errupt in O’bunglers face before the election? Was Senator Stevens supplying arms to Al-keida was O’crap overseing the operation,and Mittens is just another Bush in sheeps clothing although a much better proposition than O’bummer even just that he let the Embasedor die while he watched thru a drone taking a video,and then the B.S. about a you-tube video insulting the uninsultable Mohamed if that could get him brought up on charges of TREASON or better yet his whole cabinet ,BUT,for this election we just need O’bummer in too much troble,with O’bummer out of the Running we would no longer need to worry about him getting reelected and if you were to Run , ah DREAMS

8. David

Gary Johnson is for abortion, and legal genocide. End of story. I’m not going to waste my vote and give Obama the upper hand. Romney is the best choice to me.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 13

1. Aaron

Being pro-choice doesn’t mean you support abortion, it means it’s not our right to push our beliefs on someone else and that it shouldn’t be law. People will get abortions if they have to take it to a back alley and that is dangerous, lets keep t safe. Romney won’t make abortion illegal either and he’s just as bad of a choice as Obama but if he wins it’ll be less of a chance for Rand in 2016. Gary Johnson is the only logical choice if you are Pro-Liberty.

9. George

Ron Paul was my first choice

BUT PLEASE DON’T WRITE HIM IN!

The Libertarian Party received MATCHING FUNDS in Future election cycles IF and ONLY IF the Libertarian Candidate (Gary Johnson) receives sufficient votes THIS ELECTION.

You know how critical money is to a Campaign!

Please vote for Gary Johnson.
    Please copy/paste and SPREAD THIS MESSAGE on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, ETC.

For Liberty!

10. Sissy

I like the way you said it best, Dj. When the time is right, the next move will be clearly set before us. This is not the time. The time to vote one OUT is now. We will have our time to make our stand, soon enough. Hurting ourselves to prove a point is… sheer stupidity.

11. Charlie Peters

California, Obama / Mitt, November contest would likely give the California winner prize to Obama but how would a 3 way Obama, Mitt & Ron write in vote count end up? RP votes in 2008 were counted.

The Goldman Sacs / Fed reserve / GMO food-fuel twins might create a fun contest with the Texas Dr. Ron Paul

Auit the fed, support HR 459 Paul & S 202 Paul

Is this game about D R or other? maybe it is about saving the republic. Maybe Obama and Mitt are the underdogs.

12. David

There is only one choice. The Republican party did everything against the Liberty Candidates RP and GJ. GaryJohnson had the forsight to move over to the Libertarian Party knowing the Republicans would do everything to not allow RP to win the nomination.

Now there is only one Liberty Candidate remaining on the Ballot on Nov 6th. Any vote not for Johnson is a vote against Liberty and for Tieranny. All RP supporters and Liberty lovers need to come together and vote for Johnson as a Protest Vote. If Johnson receives the 5% it will send shockwaved throughout the political system. The voices of Liberty will be heard!

If you vote for RP as a write in, then the Repubican party will have been successful in completely minimizing RP. Even RP has stated that we should not write in, but instead vote 3rd party. I don’t know how much clearer he could be.

Gary Johnson 2012 = Liberty Vote!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 6

13. M Deering

I believe if it were’nt for the republican party changing the ‘rules’ at the republican convention, Ron Paul could have very well have won, the republican nomination…and the presidency
    RON PAUL IS MY PRESIDENT, EXCEPT NO OTHER!

14. JD Vetter

If you don’t vote for Romney, you’re throwing your vote away. The fact is, this country is stuck with the two-party system. Not my opinion, it is a fact! If you allow Obama to “fundamentally transform” this country into a socialistic state, you should get what’s coming to you.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 26

15. Dj

We fought the good fight and lost the battle. We can still win the war but it will come when the time is right. This is too important an election to try and prove a point which is basically cutting off our face to spite our nose. Obama and his administration are entirely too dangerous an entity to have in office. I’m voting for Romney and readying for our next move.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 23

16. Sissy

If I thought for half a minute that Ron Paul could win, I’d vote for him. He’s who I would want most. However, at the rate this is going, if you have 6 people to cast votes and each person has one marble:

2 marbles roll to Obama’s side
    2 marbles roll to Romney’s side
    1 marble to Paul’s side
    1 marble to Johnson’s side

It has happened like this before and the one we didn’t want is the one who won, in the end. I don’t like Obama OR Romney, at all. However, I’d rather have Romney than Obama for a 2nd round (which he promised – in the beginning – that he would not take). If just ONE of those two spare marbles had rolled to Romney’s side, he would have a chance. If not, we are going to wind up stuck where we are for another 4 years. You say you do not want Obama back in, but you are doing EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS and HELPING HIM WIN. (Look back at the Ross Perot election mess and see how well this election lines up with that one. The votes we needed to keep one out were lost on Ross Perot, who everyone KNEW would not have enough votes to win.) I cannot believe how many blind people we have in this country! I cannot believe Ron Paul would let this awful event repeat itself. It causes me to think so much less of him than I ever did, before. It’s becoming rather obvious that Ron Paul WANTS Obama to win and you are playing the game he wants you to play. Why else wouldn’t he be out there encouraging his people to cast their votes AGAINST him IN A PLACE THAT WILL COUNT IN THE END? Do you think they will let your votes be seen any more now than they were all year? Go ahead and throw away your votes. In the end, that will give Obama your vote! It’s obviously what Ron Paul wants you to do! I’m as sick of this mess as you are, but I cannot see why putting Obama back in there is a good thing. Someone explain to me how that is a good thing! I just can’t understand why it’s what all of you want so badly!

17. Jim T

I voted early this last week for Mitt Romney. Why? Because we need breathing room at this point that will hopefully stave off economic destruction, UN take over of the USA, and pull back on thier reigns of Socialism. We could feel the noose tightening around our necks, and we have to stop the crazy train before its too late.

18. Kev

I wrote in Ron Paul. In live in Washington State a highly Democratic state, so my vote counts as a “I want change”. I wrote in “nobody” for all the rest of the positions. I did this because that’s how I feel, I have lost all respect for my two main parties. If you vote for the lesser of two evils…… guess what? your still voting for evil.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 2

19. JiminNM

I won’t vote and cancelled my voter registration. I discovered that voter registration is a contract with the Corporation and gives the Corporation power of attorney for your vote. The Corporation can vote for you and every other registered voter. Your vote is meaningless.

1. Kev

Jim,
      I understand and encourage you to vote for “nobody”. That’s what I did. If the “nobody vote” gets any respectable power, then maybe a 3rd can come in.

20. David

I’m casting a strategy vote. I can write in Paul, but most of you cannot. Since I want to show the GOP where the votes they could have had went, that leaves Goode and Johnson. Since the LP is the closest to major party status, I’ll pick GJ.
    I agree with GJ on some big issues, so I can cast that vote no problem.

21. Surfisher

VOTE for Gary Johnson (do not write-in Ron Paul, please)!

Here is why:

The Establishment fears Ron Paul so much that they will do anything to stop him and his (our) movement for Liberty on the election level (since so far they have not been able to control the internet, and thus shut us down completely)!

The Major Networks will show after the election NOTHING for Ron Paul (not even that he got ANY of the Vote, for that would be admitting that some actually dared to write-in his name).

The Apparatchiks have been instructed to shred all write-in ballots where Ron Paul’s name appears (for proof just watch after the election and see if Ron Paul is even mentioned, let alone how many votes he got)!

Gary Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 States — so a vote for him is a vote COUNTED against the wannabe despots of America! (Plus, if he breaks the 5+% level, the Libertarian Party (Ron Paul’s original party) will be eligible for federal funds to the tune of about 90 million dollars for the next election — and no longer will be a financial shoe-string operation!!!).

VOTE GARY JOHNSON (or write-in Ron Paul if you must) — as long as you vote for what you realize is BEST for our Nation, and NOT get bamboozled into voting again for the “lesser of two evils”: the Kenyan Barack or Mitt the Mormon (this path only leads to more and bigger evil, for the next election cycle…should there be one)!!!

22. Tammy

America has no balls anymore!!!! The ONLY choice is CONGRESSMAN RONALD ERNEST PAUL!!! If we as America do not stand up and write him in, no matter where you are and back that vote with an afidavid (sp), then there will be more WAR, PERIOD. Obama, Romney and Johnson all stand for MORE WAR. It WILL come to America!!! If we don’t stand together and get Ron Paul in the White House we WILL have BLOOD in our OWN STREETS! YES folks, it has come to this. This is the times we now live in. It is ALL or NOTHING. Make your choice wisely and stop being scared. This is OUR COUNTRY and WE CAN take it back…..but ONLY if RON PAUL is choosen. Think seriously about what I have said….do your research. I say we get out our POTS AND PANS and start over with our President and Government!!!! Like Ireland, we can take our country back!!

1. Kev

Tammy,
      I agree with your line of thinking and wrote in Ron!

23. J M Damon

I decided to vote for GJ in order to to keep an alternative to the Demublican Party on the Texas ballot…

24. Michael Arnold

I’ve only financially supported Ron Paul, investing all I had to give in him.

When he elected not to pursue being president, and not become an independent candidate, I began supporting Governor Gary Johnson.

The elite want Obama out, because he has refused to carry out their agenda in some key areas. What areas? The ones Obama stammered on in the debates.

Romney is their golden boy, to continue the wars, the police state and the FED’s destruction of our nation.

Cheers.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 1

25. Dale F. Doelling

Gary Johnson is such a clear choice here. Would anyone like to give the entire bureaucracy known as the IRS pink slips? I certainly would! A vote for Gary Johnson tells the duopoly that we’re mad as hell and we’re not going to take their crap any longer!

26. David Cordon

A vote written in for Ron Paul will help ensure that Barak Obama gets another four years. It is highly important that we do not have a split vote. Paul is my first choice but he cannot be elected at this point by writing in his name. An empty statement is forgotten in a week. The only method that will unseat Obama is for everyone to vote against him, that means voting for Romney if you like him or not.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 20

27. David Welch

California is definitely voting for Obama so I have voted (mail in) for Ron Paul. He won’t win but I voted for the best person so feel good about that. In the 2014 Congressional elections we can make a difference. See my book “Stop the Insanity Target 2014″ which will be on Amazon in late November. Also sign up for my mailing list on my webpage (www.stoptheinsanitytarget2014) which will be up in mid-November.

28. Cheryl

Ron Paul did not register as a write-in candidate, which means most states will simply trash a vote for him. I live in one of those states. According to this link, only about 12 states would even count your vote, so make sure you’re not totally throwing it away -it will not even make a statement this year. I could not find an “official” list or any other list, so someone please correct me if this is wrong.

29. Adolfo Perez

still bloging on Tea Party what you said on Jay Leno just going to rest up for 2016 elections a bit,BUT I WON”T SHUT UP!!!! Ron Paul you would have been the best president ever,I pray for a miracle,will never forget the MANIPULATION during the Republican Presidential nominations,They FEAR you, It has been an honor to share ideologies with you!!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

30. chester

Our enemy is the Republican Party for what they did to Ron Paul.

The Republican Party heirarchy must be dispatched and new leaders chosen.

I’m biting my tongue and voting for Obama. Remember the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t know.

Romney has already promised more war we don’t need. Obama is bringing our people home.

Next election RT and other media will allow debate between all candidates. To hell with the mainstream media – they continue to lose ground everyday.

31. Joe

Your vote doesn’t matter, like a previous person mentioned. Like religion, the extreme wings of each political party follows ideology without doubt, like a religious zealot. They have no original thought of their own. I’m old enough to remember the vitriol towards Reagan, Bush 1, The Clintons, Bush 2, and now Obama. All of these personas are only a few degrees in difference from each other, they have a duopoly on politics with 2 brands. That’s not a choice, that’s an illusion.

I didn’t here Romeny say he’d over turn the NDAA. So how is he going to restore liberty again? By pandering to the 1 % again, like Bush 2? Right.

Bush2, and now Obama have whittled away personal freedoms, as will Romney. Crony capitalism and unrestrained federal power are our new reality.

32. Johann Galt

I consider myself a Libertarian and would normally vote a straight Libertarian ticket. I don’t like Romney’s unqualified foreign policy kow-tows to Israel, yet I fear the emergence of a police state through IRS surveilance (e.g. Section 9006 of the Healthcare law that I sense was carefully crafted and inserted by Obama himself as a test to see how far he could proceed toward achieving rank police-state socialism in the U.S.) even more. A hold-your-nose vote, I feel I have no choice unless I’m willing to risk being instrumental in an Obama reelection.

33. Doug Scherer

Get Realpolitik:
    I love Doctor Paul and his philosophy. I have contributed (in triple digits) to his campaign. I went to Minneapolis/St. (Ron)Paul. I went to his birthday party in Galveston;
    BUT!
    I will not contribute to Obama remaining in the White House by writing in any candidate that will not win/cannot win realistically. My last write-in even in the middle of supporting Dr. Paul was Green Cynthia McKenney because she was demanding a new independant investigation of 9/11. That may have been my last tilt at a windmill vote.
    The Mormon needs every vote to get rid of the Indonesian slim resumed community organizer.

34. KmP

Not enough can even write him in Phyllis. Why not back one like-minded candidate for whom more can vote? Galveston Tea ~ I, like countless others, have struggled so much with this decision and thought I would vote for a lesser of 2 evils, but have found that impossible to date. You are drinking the tea I guess, but that is a conclusion I have not reached.

35. Conlmc

My state will not count my write in, so I am voting Gary Johnson. Otherwise I would be writing in Ron Paul, no question about it.