Poll: Who Will You Vote For This November?

444 Responses

[poll id="84"]

Processing your request, Please wait....

444 responses to “Poll: Who Will You Vote For This November?”

1. robin

Just talked to a friend who says her political views come from reading the Bible(earth and man) and that’s how she gets her worldview. Not the other way around. Anyone care to respond to this?

2. Genia House

This is the first election where writing in a independent candidate can actually make a difference, contrary to what Romney’s campaign is trying to sucker you into believing, because just as many, if not more, Democrats are disillussioned with Obama as Republicans are. Obama has broken every campaign promise he made in the last election. He pledged that his first act upon entering the Oval Office would be to immediately bring back all troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. That was just the beginning of his many lies. Fool us once, shame on him; fool us twice, shame on us. Supply and demand will eventual even out our economy so I am not concerned with choosing a president based on his supposed skill in restoring the economy. We, the people, will restore the economy with our own personal choices. But the president is the acting head of our military and foreign policy and is key to choosing supreme court justices. So those are the two issues I will make my choice around. Why would I choose Obama or Romney when neither had the courage or moral strength to serve themselves and neither have had a background that qualifies them to make critical decisions in either capacity? All either of them can do is follow the advice of those who have been entrenched for years in our existing war efforts that have failed. Of all potential candidates, only one emerges as a leader and true statesman with the experience and educational level to make those most critical decisions, and that is Ron Paul. When I write in his name, it won’t be giving a vote to Obama, because just as many Democrats will be writing his name in also……Democrats that aren’t about to vote for Romney. Dr. Ron Paul is the only candidate with the experience and the education to lead us in the right direction plus the moral fortitude to tell us the truth when we need to hear it most. But Romney’s campaign is hoping you will be a sheeple and believe the lie that voting for Dr. Paul is a vote for Obama.

3. Rich

Ron,
    I am for you 100% but with this rigged 2 party system Romney could be more adept even though he had to get on his knees to Israel which I wish would just go away. If I vote for anyone but the main 2, what effect will that have. No one cares..about a protest vote. The controlled media will mention it once if your lucky and that is it.

4. pj

Gary Johnson is just Mitt-surance that Paul supporters don’t blow off steam by voting for The Token.

5. Scooby

I’m voting for Ron Paul by voting by Gary Johnson.

1. Scooby

*for* Gary Johnson

6. pj

Do not participate in an unfair or rigged vote. You dignify the proceedings by your participation. The Soviet Union used to have a 99% voter turnout. It meant nothing, and Dieboldt guarantees your vote means nothing. I voted for Paul in the primary, of course, but Romney cheated and slandered him Fuck Mitt Romney. Let the two crooks see who can lie and heat the best. They are both Goldman Sachs/ Bank of Rothschild’s stooges. Voting tells the world you think the system works. Don’t be their sucker. Don’t vote.

7. Robert

From this poll, it looks to me that “GARY IS PLAYING THS SPOILER HE
    CLAIMS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS DOING TO HIM”..

Could Gary be A RNC Plant to pull voters away from Ron and then, in the end, those like Fox News, RNC, PNAC, etc.. that rigged the elections, could then claim that Ron didn’t have the support that everyone seems he has…

Ron Paul (write-in) (44%, 3,552 Votes), Gary Johnson (28%, 2,265 Votes),
    Mitt Romney (15%, 1,192 Votes), Barack Obama (6%, 472 Votes)

Ron could havv 44 + 28 = 73% and then Gary could take that same 73% into 2016. Or Gary can play the RNC purposely dividing RP voters, and end up being hated in 2016, for being the RNC Plant. Especially, when after 30 years, RP is retiring. Does Gary want to be the one that spoiles RP’s final farwell, for the 30 years of service he has given America??
    We will wait and see. Gary will either be Candidate Gary or Traitor Gary, like Rand, in 2016. It is his and his supporters choice.

8. Pat

I am so surprised that people do not realize that my writing in Ron Paul takes a vote away from any candidate that they might prefer over another. It also gives a vote to the candidate that you would prefer not to win the election. I personally would have voted for Ron Paul if he had won the Republican nomination but since he did not I will pick the lesser of the two evils and vote for Mitt Romney. Obama has had his four years and only made things worse. I believe if Obama gets re-elected for another 4 years, barring some miricle our country will be doomed.

9. Surfisher

VOTE for Gary Johnson (do not write-in Ron Paul, please)!

Here is why:

The Establishment fears Ron Paul so much that they will do anything to stop him and his (our) movement for Liberty on the election level.

The Apparatchiks have been instructed to shred all write-in ballots where Ron Paul’s name appears (for proof just watch after the election and see if Ron Paul is even mentioned, let alone how many votes he got)!

Gary Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 States — and agrees with about 90% of what Ron Paul stands for — so a vote for him is a vote COUNTED against the wannabe despots of America! (Plus, if he breaks the 5+% level, the Libertarian Party (Ron Paul’s original party) will be eligible for federal funds to the tune of about 90 million dollars for the next election — and no longer will be a financial shoe-string operation!!!).

VOTE GARY JOHNSON — do NOT get bamboozled into voting for the “lesser of two evils”: the Kenyan Barack or Mitt the Mormon!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 17 Thumb down 7

1. Jason

Gary Johnson is NOT on the ballot in all 50 States. He is surely not on the ballot in Michigan. The GOP in Michigan strong armed the Libertarian Party and kept them off the ballot with the same old dirty good ol’ boy tricks.

1. Ken

Johnson is a legal write-in in MI. Not sure what Paul’s status is in MI. But because of the GOP abuses this year, I would not fault any Paul/Johnson supporter for voting Obama in retalliation for the abuses. The GOP needs to be taught a lesson; abuse a constituency and the constituency will bite you back.

2. Robert

I am a 2016, A 2016 Gary supporter…But if this Republican Plant, purposeful divider of Ron Paul voters, Gary stays in and pulls votes from Ron, then I will personally vote anyone other than Gary in 2016.

If Gary can now start making noise about this or that, instead of being vocal as Ron has for the past 30 years, then this bandwagon off of Ron’s support, isn’t really worried about America or its citizens.
      This bandwagon would show its more about Gary, and if Gary feels that way, then I can say it is 1000% NOT Going to be Gary for me…Rons Retiring, lets give him the farwell he deserves after 30 years. We all should support Write in Ron now, then Gary in 2016.

But if Gary pushes the issues, we Libertarian/ Republicans can push back and ruin him, like he is trying to ruin Ron’s last stance.

1. Ed

Ron Paul is who I would vote for. Ron , though does not even endorse himself. In fact he says he neither encourages, nor discourages, people from writing his name in. If he called for his supporters to write in his name, I certainly would, but, he has actually said that he does not think that, as a write in, the counters will even give him a serious , accurate, tally at time of count.
        Gary Johnson has said he would support Ron Paul over the 2 parties nominee, if ron had elected to go 3rd party.aHowever, since he ( Gary ), is officially on the ballot in my state, and Ron is not, I think my vote will at the very least be counted.
        I am disappouinted that Ron did not endorse a candidate, as I am sure Ron Paul’s plan is the best out there, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat, were he on my ballot.

10. WTH

People should vote their conscience. Of course there is the issue of voter fraud. If this is a good sampling of voters, then Ron Paul would win. Then there are those that commented that said they would vote for Ron Paul but are going to vote for Romney as they don’t want to give the election to Obama again. So, if those people would write Ron Paul in, that would be even more that would vote for him than is shown above, potentially ensuring a Ron Paul victory (again, if there is no voter fraud).

1. Maynard

Far too often in the past most of us have had to vote for the lesser of two evils. I personally am sick about that. I’ve voted for Ron before and will continue to do so.
      Usually when voting for the lesser of two evils we would still be voting for evil but in a lesser degree. In this case lesser would be moving in the same direction as the greater evil, but at a slower pace, which it is hoped that during the interm the lesser can be kept hobbled and on the path to Constitutional conservatism and going back to the Republic for which it stands, states rights and our freedom. Think about this, if all of us that want Ron Paul as president voted for him (write in), it could stop Obama and Romney from getting the 270 electorial votes they need to win. he House of representa tive would then have to vote for who will be president. The more Constitutional politicians elected to the House would give Paul a good chance of bec oming president. I will do a write in for Paul.- Maynard

11. Reitzel

For the many that are not aware of this trivial fact Ron Paul is NOT in the presidential race. If you write his name in it is equivalent to writing …… “Mickey Mouse” or some other non-candidate. It will be a waste of a vote. Below is an email I got from his Campaign HQ.
    Gary Johnson has always mirrored Dr. Paul’s philosophies in every way and supported him too. Gary even stated he would be honored to have Dr. Paul as his VP if he wins. If you want Ron Paul in the White House you need to vote for Gary Johnson. Otherwise if you vote for a non-candidate “Mickey Mouse”, “Donald Duck” or “Ron Paul” then you just wasted your vote!!!!

HERE IS AN EMAIL I GOT FROM HIS CAMPAIGN OFFICE:
    From: Website Account
    Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:33 AM
    Subject: Re: Contact Form Submission from Reitzel

Hi Reitzel,

No. Dr. Paul is not still running for President. However, C4L urges everyone to vote as they see fit. Thanks for writing.

-Campaign For Liberty-

12. James

Please get your hands on a copy of the book called, “The Law”. The author is Frederick Bastiat and written in the mid 1800′s. It will change the way you look at our government and make your vote much more fulfilling and rewarding. Ron Paul absolutely LOVES this book, as I can say first hand from meeting him at a book signing in NYC.

13. PattyFromTexas

I would vote for Congressman Ron Paul, but he’s not on the ballot. Both Romney and Obama are corrupt to the core. So my vote goes to Gary Johnson who is on all 50 ballots.

14. Jim Davis

I would have gladly voted for Ron Paul had the media not crucified him and blocked any chance of him being on the ticket, but since I can’t and writing him in is in Obama’s favor, I will cast my vote for Romney. I do not see Romney as the lesser of 2 evils because he at least has a track record in life that we can see, unlike the POTUS, who has fought to keep his past secret. Ron Paul definitely would have been the best choice for middle class Americans, but Romney will have to do.

1. MSJONES

yes vote for the guy that BLOCKED Ron Paul. That’s smart.. not!

Ron Paul was blocked for his anti-war stance so now you want to vote for the crazy war guy???? doesn’t make sense.

2. Robert

“I would have gladly voted for Ron Paul had the media not crucified him and blocked any chance of him being on the ticket,..” Maybe the did this coward Jim, because they knew that there would be cowards like you Jim.

I say you should vote for Mitt anyway, because like Mitt, you seem to have your values given to you, by those that own you. I say, Ron might lose, but for me personally, atleast those who support Ron, will have voted to not support those ruining America.
      Just to bad Jim that you never joined the military so you can know what its like to fight for our country and our Constitution (something Mitt doesn’t even know anything about — you tube from NH debate 2012: “Mitt Romney: I dont know what the Constitution says! Ask Ron Paul).

So go ahead and support the draft dodger and the non constitutionalist wanna be commander in chief, BECAUSE LIKE MITT, YOUR HANDLERS TOLD YOU WHAT TO SAY, GAVE YOU YOUR VALUES, AND WHO TO SUPPORT.
      Your a sad case Jim.

1. Jim Davis

Robert,

It is unfortunate that you chose to answer in such a biased and hateful manner, not much different than the radical left wingers. You claim I never served our country yet know nothing about me??? You say I have handlers, LMAO. I am an American, and while I am not a Mitt fan, allowing 4 more years of O is something I can not vote for nor will I throw a vote away and aid him in that manner. Voting your conscience may work for you, but this election is tooooooooooooooooooooo important to allow O any chance of 4 more years. Yes sir, I am sad, sad that America has lost its way, sad that Americans have been so divided that we are fighting a politic Civil War, while the folks in DC continue to rule over us unabated. So hack away on your keyboard and attack me some more, but maybe you would be better served to read your post several times before submitting and ask of what benefit does it serve to attack a fellow American?

15. MSJONES

Well, I will have to go with Obama just because Romney is so insane. I think Romney will start ww3 effectively embroiling us even more evil war deeds on other people and causing more harm to the youths in the military. If I lived in a state that was going to vote more democratic I would vote independent and Ron Paul or Jill Stein, but because my vote counts, as I live in VA, I will vote Obama.

16. Ronald A. Harris, Ph.D.

In 2008, a close friend of mine voted for Ron Paul. I supported John McCain. He said, “I voted for the right man.” I was a sophisticated voter, because I did not want to waste my vote. I am now supporting Romney in 2012, but I did not start out that way. I joined The Campaign for Liberty after the 2008 election. And I supported Ron Paul throughout the Republican Party primaries of 2012. Can you imagine how I felt, after being admonished NOT to “vote for the lesser of evils,” when Rand Paul endorsed Romney? Rand Paul proved me correct in my perception of the political process. After all, I am a trained political scientist. In my opinion, Romney is a decent person, not evil at all, and much better than my genuine alternative, which is the incumbent. As the band The Who said, “We won’t get fooled again!” I got fooled by the Paul family. How far does the fruit fall from the tree? I was encouraged by the Ron Paul Campaign to join in with the Republicans, to seek local office, which I did. I am staying under the big tent.

17. charliegirl42

When faced with this kind of situation, as we seem to always be, the lesser of two evils is, yes, still evil. In this particular instance, I believe it’s more important to vote AGAINST the muslim in the oval office, than FOR O’Romney, which is what I have done. What we will surely have if we don’t oust this communist freakshow and his actors, is people discouraged beyond measure, more greedy-graspers wanting and getting obamaphones, and other goodies; more people on disability, medicare/medicaid, welfare of every kind… and fewer and fewer people who generate the revenue which is then taken by force and given to the graspers. I say, “Pray like it all depends on God and work like it all depends on YOU.”

1. MSJONES

First of all Obama is Not a muslim. Second of all what is wrong with being muslim?? That is rascist. And that is unamerican.

2. Mandrew

Obama is not Muslim and Romney is not Christian.

18. John Galt

The evil of two lessors….

I will vote for Ron Paul.

19. Jim

I will not play their game any more. The two headed coin that we play with today is a sham and an abomination to the constitution. Have a nice day.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

20. Richard Frank

Finally I’m standing my ground. The two choices are evil and less evil…. I’ll have neither one. I am a Christian, and we are taught to resist evil. There is no middle ground here, it is either a vote for evil or not. I’ll write in Ron Paul, not because I think he will win, but to say loud and clear…. I’ve had enough! I’m on the side of what I think is good. It’s simple really. Who will ever know what you really think until you speak up .

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

21. Dennis Hillderbrand

I’m all for my rights. do I have to say more?

22. Kathy Greene

We have a one party system, designed to look like two parties so that people think they have choice. Romney is not the lesser of two evils- he is JUST as evil as Obama or his masters would not have given him the nod to run. And decades of voting for the one perceived as the lesser of two evils has gotten us to the horrible state we are in, anyway! I am writing in Ron Paul and NOT throwing away my vote on scum. If the Republicrats want my vote, they are going to have to offer me something better than a pro-federal reserve/pro-tax/pro TSA and NDAA/pro Patriot Act/ pro war fascist like Romney! -Kathy

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 25 Thumb down 0

23. NB

One very important thing to remember is that the incoming president will have the power to nominate up to 3, but much more likely 2, supreme court justices.

The legislative branch, ultimately embodied in the supreme court, is an entire branch of the three branches of government.

New law and the interpretation of existing law governs not only the individual’s relationship to government on all levels, but also to one another, and has an affect on your daily life that cannot be minimized.

Law and it’s interpretation sets the moral tone of society. It is the framework of what is considered right, correct and socially acceptable behavior at any given point in history.

Please keep this in mind when voting this November.

24. Aelissa Helm

In TN I can’t write in Ron Paul with a running mate, can anyone tell me who that is? Thank You.

25. JR

Ron, you know Mr. Johnson doesn’t have a chance either. Get behind Romney and at least we will have a chance of being heard.
    John Russell in Powhatan, Virginia
    Decorated US Army Vet, Father, Businessman, and
    Proud to be an American………..

Good Day
    and
    God Bless

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 7 Thumb down 19

1. Mary

John, getting behind Romney will get us what we’ve always got: Someone who campaigns like a quasi-libertarian but governs like a democrat. I, too, am an Army vet, but my political and life experience might be way longer than yours–not sure because you did not state your age. I served during Vietnam (I am 64) and have been behind the libertarians since the Nixon era when the Republicans showed us who they really were: democratic socialists in disguise. Please, everyone who is even thinking of writing in Ron Paul, vote for Gary. Let’s get that 5%.

Mary

26. NE

Obama and Romney, nor any other human being, can restore the American economy to the full employment periods of yesteryear. Obama kind of knows what’s going on among consumers with their de-leveraging mindset. Romney either doesn’t have a clue as to what’s going on or is so dishonest he can’t level with the American people and his 12 million jobs pledge is a joke!

Obama will prolong the economic agony and day of reckoning while Romney will bring on America’s second economic depression, sooner rather than later.

27. rich

I appreciate and respect Dr. Paul much but my vote will go for Gary Johnson.
    This is because I believe it will be more effective in bringing other parties into the electoral process Two Party System miserable joke. I think a write in for Dr. Paul would just be treated as a flash in the pan, while a vote for another party might show the “feet in the doorway”. I’d hope Ron Paul supporters would consider this. Gary Johnson has a good realistic background (not just another lawyer or connected rich kid) and he has had good experience as a Governor. He also appreciates Ron Paul.

28. Patriciap

I would like nothing more than to see Ron Paul in the oval office but don’t think a write in will win him the presidency; so me and my husband will vote Gary Johnson. Gary Johnson isn’t Ron Paul but at least it’s a step in the right direction and a right pathway towards the recovery for our nation..God bless Ron Paul, his every effort, all his his hard work, his family, loyal patriots and God bless America!

29. Philippe Desrameaux

I’m a 19 year old college student from South Florida. BOTH parents have been voting Democratic. I was looking into the Republican picks to challenge the current President until the RNC. My choice was Dr. Ron Paul out of those picks, and today I appreciate Ron Paul very much. I accept his choice to stay silent in his opinion on all of this so far on an election level. The ideas he spoke of mean more than his name on a ballot or on a TV commercial. In my opinion, Ron Paul = Libertarian in Republican clothes.

I think, one day, in a history book somewhere he will be labeled as the man who shifted the youth at the time, some of the GOP and some Democrats to the Libertarian idea to strengthen its formation into a major party. I am a Libertarian. Ron Paul pointed me/us who caught on to his following in the right direction.

Gary Johnson and Jim Gray GOT my vote in 2012. In 2016 Gary Johnson and HOPEFULLY Ron Paul have my vote for the Libertarian ticket in 2016.

30. CasperMtn

Good people, your intentions to write in Dr. Paul, or vote for Gary Johnson that we
    “send a message” or get “federal funding” are admirable. I think that it entirely possible that if BO is re-elected there may not be another election in 4 years. In which case fed funding won’t be there anyway. In four more years of BO we won’t even be able to recognize our America leave alone win it back. The
    Mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get rid of BO so we can fight another day. It takes a lot of courage to back away from a fight you can’t win so that you can get stronger and make a comeback. I think that Rand understands this. Only by voting for Romney can we get rid of BO, and only then do we stand a chance to fight and win, another day. I stand with Rand on this one….

1. Aaron

Rand only endorsed Romney to get a good foot in the door for his campaign in 2016. A vote for Romney is no different than a vote for Obama. The outcome will be the same just as Obama has furthered Bush’s agenda, Romney will further Obama’s. The two party system is a joke and I hope you don’t fall into their snares. Gary Johnson 2012!

2. Ken

“I think that it entirely possible that if BO is re-elected there may not be another election in 4 years.”

This is the same FUD put out by Democrats in 2004, who were supporting Kerry over Bush. They said, “If Bush is re-elected, there won’t be another election!”

Likewise, there will be another election in 4 years from now; if not, then the people have already rolled over and it’s already too late, anyway.

31. Richard Scaturro

I posted the following to my FB page:
    Ron Paul, a true American statesman and patriot, was kept off this year’s Presidential ballot by the people who REALLY control both parties and indeed, the U.S. government itself. Dr. Paul was our only hope for our republic to be wrested from the control of the bankers and owners of our giant corporations and returned to the people of America.
    Since he has not even been allowed to be on the ballot, intelligent people need to think carefully about what to do with their votes. Granted that since after the election of John Kennedy, subsequent Presidents have been elected on the basis of who is the most effective liar. In the Presidential candidate debates, Obama mitigated the truth somewhat, but his sociopath of an opponent, Mitt the Madman, told lies the size of Alaska. In addition to Romney being a chronic liar whose only god is expediency, I honestly believe, from observing him and his speaking on many occasions, that he is genuinely actively psychotic. Obama is bad enough; do we really want a certifiably insane President of the United States? He is a dangerous man, and there is NOTHING he is going to do to benefit the average American, who he has stated that he thinks of as worthless government freeloaders. His plans for medical insurance and Medicare alone would add 72 MILLION Americans to those who currently already do not have any health insurance.
    In 2008, I voted for John McCain as the lesser of two evils. I have voted Republican all of my life for Presidential candidates. This year, after evaluating Romney and Obama and seeing what the Republican Congress has done, for the first time in my life I voted a straight Democrat ticket via an early ballot.
    Those of you who know me know that I have ranted and raved about Obama’s shortcomings and political actions ever since he was elected. But, it is absolute idiocy to vote for Romney on the basis of “well, Obama hasn’t done much, so we need a change”. That uninformed, knee-jerk reaction is just stupid, and it will lead to disaster if Mitt the Madman is given the Presidency. Do some research, and think about it, and then give the incumbent the mandate and Congressional supporters he needs to help us, the average people of America, because Romney definitely will not. And that’s what I think.

32. Pete

I supported Ron Paul all through the primaries, and I don’t agree with how he was treated by the Republican party. But this election I will vote for Mitt Romney. He is not the ideal candidate, but he is our only hope to get Barrack (Barry) Hussein Marshall Davis Soetero Obama out of office. I give Romney credit for hanging tough against the onslaught of lies, and defamation of character, from the Obama campaign. We have to vote this incompetent liar out of office. Voting third party, or writing in candidates is not going to cut it this time.

1. Aaron

If you’re voting Romney over Gary Johnson you were never for liberty any how. Romney is pretty much the same as Obama and will lessen Rand’s chances in 2016 because IF he wins he will most likely get 2 terms…

33. r.p.

Although I voted for the Dr. here, I don’t think I’ll do a write-in for him at the polls. I believe he is the right choice, but he should have taken the gloves off and told the GOP; “If your not going to play fair, then neither am I.”, and should have joined the Libertarian party. Doctor Paul; You should have called the GOP and the MSM out on their activities and their actions. A great many of your supporters were sadly dissapointed. I will vote Libertarian, not because I support G.J. but because the Libertarian party is the ONLY party with any credibility that still supports and adheres to the constitution and the principles set down by our founding fathers.

1. Aaron

Does Ron Paul still have a chance of Winning? No.

The candidate “must file” to be eligible to be a write in candidate in 48% (260/538) of the states. Ron Paul has NOT done this with any. Zip. His campaign has no plans to do this. Therefore, only 278 electoral votes remain. Out of this 278, 147 don’t allow write-ins at all, or have a Sore Loser Law that prohibits one. So we are down to a possible 131 electoral votes that he could win. Even if he won all 131, he still does not have a chance to win because he needs to get to 270.

Do we have a chance of Gary Johnson winning? Yes (although very remote).
      Has Ron Paul endorsed him? Sort of.
      He said, “I think he’s wonderful, and I think he’s doing a good job and people should look at him and every individual should make up his own mind”

I dont think Dr. Paul would endorse Gary Johnson as it could potentially hurt Rand’s GOP standing and family comes before politics. The statement he made above is as close of an endorsement as we’re going to get.

Here is the most crucial information:

In the 1970′s Congress passed a handful of laws and amendments with the intention of reducing the influence of money in political campaigns (ha). You can read a general summary about the Presidential Election Campaign Fund here: http://www.fec.gov/press/bkgnd/fund.shtml, and peruse the official text of the Federal Election Campaign Act and its amendments here: http://www.fec.gov/law/feca/feca.pdf

There are a few rules about matching funds for primary and general elections, but the big prize is the $91 million grant to “each major party nominee” as well as another $18 million for their party conventions. It’s all funded by taxpayers who voluntarily check a checkbox to specifically divert $3 of their tax bill (note: not paying $3 more) into this election funding pot.

A “major party” is defined as a political party that got “25 percent or more of the total number of popular votes” in the last presidential election, which conveniently only includes the Republicans and Democrats right now (I had been wondering how taxpayers were on the hook for those conventions).

However, a “minor party” is a party whose previous candidate received “5 percent or more but less than 25 percent.” And guess what? Minor parties are eligible for general election funds too, in direct proportion to how far above 5% they get.

If Gary Johnson gets 5% of the vote in 2012, the Libertarian Party has access to millions of government dollars in 2016.

Some may have issues with the Libertarian party accepting funds from the federal government but if tax payer dollars were actually going towards something that was helping to SHRINK government and ultimately significantly REDUCE those taxpayer dollars, i think most would find it acceptable as a temporary measure.

So which vote, at this point in time, will help further the cause of liberty and give the message the most exposure?

I have been struggling with this decision for weeks and after learning about the 5% rule, for me the choice is clear in advancing and spreading the message of liberty – Gary Johnson. I hope this helped you make your choice. Thank you to Ed LaRue for making me aware of this vital information!

34. Elegy

I’d write in Paul if it would count to send a message, but wouldn’t count in my state. Abortion is my number one issue, I can’t vote for Johnson. Add to that his stance on “gay marriage”, I can’t bring myself to do it. Our pushing God out of society and moral decay is the reason this nation is in the shape it’s in. I may not even vote for Pres this year.

35. Dan

I wanted to write in Ron Paul here in Nevada but apparentely write in candidates are forbidden here in Nevada so Gary Johnson is the next best option. Ofcourse I guess Johnson could pick Paul as his running mate since his platform is basicly Paul’s anyway.

1. Aaron

Johnson is running with Jim Gray as VP. Ron Paul will not win no matter how many people write him in…

Does Ron Paul still have a chance of Winning? No.

Do we have a chance of Gary Johnson winning? Yes (although very remote).
      Has Ron Paul endorsed him? Sort of.

Here is the most crucial information: