Poll: Who Will You Vote For This November?

[poll id=”84″]

1. Ronald A. Harris, Ph.D.

In 2008, a close friend of mine voted for Ron Paul. I supported John McCain. He said, "I voted for the right man." I was a sophisticated voter, because I did not want to waste my vote. I am now supporting Romney in 2012, but I did not start out that way. I joined The Campaign for Liberty after the 2008 election. And I supported Ron Paul throughout the Republican Party primaries of 2012. Can you imagine how I felt, after being admonished NOT to "vote for the lesser of evils," when Rand Paul endorsed Romney? Rand Paul proved me correct in my perception of the political process. After all, I am a trained political scientist. In my opinion, Romney is a decent person, not evil at all, and much better than my genuine alternative, which is the incumbent. As the band The Who said, "We won't get fooled again!" I got fooled by the Paul family. How far does the fruit fall from the tree? I was encouraged by the Ron Paul Campaign to join in with the Republicans, to seek local office, which I did. I am staying under the big tent.

2. When faced with this kind of situation, as we seem to always be, the lesser of two evils is, yes, still evil. In this particular instance, I believe it's more important to vote AGAINST the muslim in the oval office, than FOR O'Romney, which is what I have done. What we will surely have if we don't oust this communist freakshow and his actors, is people discouraged beyond measure, more greedy-graspers wanting and getting obamaphones, and other goodies; more people on disability, medicare/medicaid, welfare of every kind... and fewer and fewer people who generate the revenue which is then taken by force and given to the graspers. I say, "Pray like it all depends on God and work like it all depends on YOU."

3. The evil of two lessors....

I will vote for Ron Paul.

4. I will not play their game any more. The two headed coin that we play with today is a sham and an abomination to the constitution. Have a nice day.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

5. Finally I'm standing my ground. The two choices are evil and less evil.... I'll have neither one. I am a Christian, and we are taught to resist evil. There is no middle ground here, it is either a vote for evil or not. I'll write in Ron Paul, not because I think he will win, but to say loud and clear.... I've had enough! I'm on the side of what I think is good. It's simple really. Who will ever know what you really think until you speak up .

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

6. Dennis Hillderbrand

I'm all for my rights. do I have to say more?

7. We have a one party system, designed to look like two parties so that people think they have choice. Romney is not the lesser of two evils- he is JUST as evil as Obama or his masters would not have given him the nod to run. And decades of voting for the one perceived as the lesser of two evils has gotten us to the horrible state we are in, anyway! I am writing in Ron Paul and NOT throwing away my vote on scum. If the Republicrats want my vote, they are going to have to offer me something better than a pro-federal reserve/pro-tax/pro TSA and NDAA/pro Patriot Act/ pro war fascist like Romney! -Kathy

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 25 Thumb down 0

8. One very important thing to remember is that the incoming president will have the power to nominate up to 3, but much more likely 2, supreme court justices.

The legislative branch, ultimately embodied in the supreme court, is an entire branch of the three branches of government.

New law and the interpretation of existing law governs not only the individual's relationship to government on all levels, but also to one another, and has an affect on your daily life that cannot be minimized.

Law and it's interpretation sets the moral tone of society. It is the framework of what is considered right, correct and socially acceptable behavior at any given point in history.

Please keep this in mind when voting this November.

9. In TN I can't write in Ron Paul with a running mate, can anyone tell me who that is? Thank You.

10. Ron, you know Mr. Johnson doesn't have a chance either. Get behind Romney and at least we will have a chance of being heard.
    John Russell in Powhatan, Virginia
    Decorated US Army Vet, Father, Businessman, and
    Proud to be an American...........

Good Day
    and
    God Bless

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 7 Thumb down 19

• John, getting behind Romney will get us what we've always got: Someone who campaigns like a quasi-libertarian but governs like a democrat. I, too, am an Army vet, but my political and life experience might be way longer than yours--not sure because you did not state your age. I served during Vietnam (I am 64) and have been behind the libertarians since the Nixon era when the Republicans showed us who they really were: democratic socialists in disguise. Please, everyone who is even thinking of writing in Ron Paul, vote for Gary. Let's get that 5%.

Mary

11. Obama and Romney, nor any other human being, can restore the American economy to the full employment periods of yesteryear. Obama kind of knows what's going on among consumers with their de-leveraging mindset. Romney either doesn't have a clue as to what's going on or is so dishonest he can't level with the American people and his 12 million jobs pledge is a joke!

Obama will prolong the economic agony and day of reckoning while Romney will bring on America's second economic depression, sooner rather than later.

12. I appreciate and respect Dr. Paul much but my vote will go for Gary Johnson.
    This is because I believe it will be more effective in bringing other parties into the electoral process Two Party System miserable joke. I think a write in for Dr. Paul would just be treated as a flash in the pan, while a vote for another party might show the "feet in the doorway". I'd hope Ron Paul supporters would consider this. Gary Johnson has a good realistic background (not just another lawyer or connected rich kid) and he has had good experience as a Governor. He also appreciates Ron Paul.

13. I would like nothing more than to see Ron Paul in the oval office but don't think a write in will win him the presidency; so me and my husband will vote Gary Johnson. Gary Johnson isn't Ron Paul but at least it's a step in the right direction and a right pathway towards the recovery for our nation..God bless Ron Paul, his every effort, all his his hard work, his family, loyal patriots and God bless America!

14. Philippe Desrameaux

I'm a 19 year old college student from South Florida. BOTH parents have been voting Democratic. I was looking into the Republican picks to challenge the current President until the RNC. My choice was Dr. Ron Paul out of those picks, and today I appreciate Ron Paul very much. I accept his choice to stay silent in his opinion on all of this so far on an election level. The ideas he spoke of mean more than his name on a ballot or on a TV commercial. In my opinion, Ron Paul = Libertarian in Republican clothes.

I think, one day, in a history book somewhere he will be labeled as the man who shifted the youth at the time, some of the GOP and some Democrats to the Libertarian idea to strengthen its formation into a major party. I am a Libertarian. Ron Paul pointed me/us who caught on to his following in the right direction.

Gary Johnson and Jim Gray GOT my vote in 2012. In 2016 Gary Johnson and HOPEFULLY Ron Paul have my vote for the Libertarian ticket in 2016.

15. Good people, your intentions to write in Dr. Paul, or vote for Gary Johnson that we
    "send a message" or get "federal funding" are admirable. I think that it entirely possible that if BO is re-elected there may not be another election in 4 years. In which case fed funding won't be there anyway. In four more years of BO we won't even be able to recognize our America leave alone win it back. The
    Mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get rid of BO so we can fight another day. It takes a lot of courage to back away from a fight you can't win so that you can get stronger and make a comeback. I think that Rand understands this. Only by voting for Romney can we get rid of BO, and only then do we stand a chance to fight and win, another day. I stand with Rand on this one....

• Rand only endorsed Romney to get a good foot in the door for his campaign in 2016. A vote for Romney is no different than a vote for Obama. The outcome will be the same just as Obama has furthered Bush's agenda, Romney will further Obama's. The two party system is a joke and I hope you don't fall into their snares. Gary Johnson 2012!

• "I think that it entirely possible that if BO is re-elected there may not be another election in 4 years."

This is the same FUD put out by Democrats in 2004, who were supporting Kerry over Bush. They said, "If Bush is re-elected, there won't be another election!"

Likewise, there will be another election in 4 years from now; if not, then the people have already rolled over and it's already too late, anyway.

16. I posted the following to my FB page:
    Ron Paul, a true American statesman and patriot, was kept off this year's Presidential ballot by the people who REALLY control both parties and indeed, the U.S. government itself. Dr. Paul was our only hope for our republic to be wrested from the control of the bankers and owners of our giant corporations and returned to the people of America.
    Since he has not even been allowed to be on the ballot, intelligent people need to think carefully about what to do with their votes. Granted that since after the election of John Kennedy, subsequent Presidents have been elected on the basis of who is the most effective liar. In the Presidential candidate debates, Obama mitigated the truth somewhat, but his sociopath of an opponent, Mitt the Madman, told lies the size of Alaska. In addition to Romney being a chronic liar whose only god is expediency, I honestly believe, from observing him and his speaking on many occasions, that he is genuinely actively psychotic. Obama is bad enough; do we really want a certifiably insane President of the United States? He is a dangerous man, and there is NOTHING he is going to do to benefit the average American, who he has stated that he thinks of as worthless government freeloaders. His plans for medical insurance and Medicare alone would add 72 MILLION Americans to those who currently already do not have any health insurance.
    In 2008, I voted for John McCain as the lesser of two evils. I have voted Republican all of my life for Presidential candidates. This year, after evaluating Romney and Obama and seeing what the Republican Congress has done, for the first time in my life I voted a straight Democrat ticket via an early ballot.
    Those of you who know me know that I have ranted and raved about Obama's shortcomings and political actions ever since he was elected. But, it is absolute idiocy to vote for Romney on the basis of "well, Obama hasn't done much, so we need a change". That uninformed, knee-jerk reaction is just stupid, and it will lead to disaster if Mitt the Madman is given the Presidency. Do some research, and think about it, and then give the incumbent the mandate and Congressional supporters he needs to help us, the average people of America, because Romney definitely will not. And that's what I think.

17. I supported Ron Paul all through the primaries, and I don't agree with how he was treated by the Republican party. But this election I will vote for Mitt Romney. He is not the ideal candidate, but he is our only hope to get Barrack (Barry) Hussein Marshall Davis Soetero Obama out of office. I give Romney credit for hanging tough against the onslaught of lies, and defamation of character, from the Obama campaign. We have to vote this incompetent liar out of office. Voting third party, or writing in candidates is not going to cut it this time.

• If you're voting Romney over Gary Johnson you were never for liberty any how. Romney is pretty much the same as Obama and will lessen Rand's chances in 2016 because IF he wins he will most likely get 2 terms...

18. Although I voted for the Dr. here, I don't think I'll do a write-in for him at the polls. I believe he is the right choice, but he should have taken the gloves off and told the GOP; "If your not going to play fair, then neither am I.", and should have joined the Libertarian party. Doctor Paul; You should have called the GOP and the MSM out on their activities and their actions. A great many of your supporters were sadly dissapointed. I will vote Libertarian, not because I support G.J. but because the Libertarian party is the ONLY party with any credibility that still supports and adheres to the constitution and the principles set down by our founding fathers.

• Does Ron Paul still have a chance of Winning? No.

The candidate “must file” to be eligible to be a write in candidate in 48% (260/538) of the states. Ron Paul has NOT done this with any. Zip. His campaign has no plans to do this. Therefore, only 278 electoral votes remain. Out of this 278, 147 don’t allow write-ins at all, or have a Sore Loser Law that prohibits one. So we are down to a possible 131 electoral votes that he could win. Even if he won all 131, he still does not have a chance to win because he needs to get to 270.

Do we have a chance of Gary Johnson winning? Yes (although very remote).
      Has Ron Paul endorsed him? Sort of.
      He said, “I think he’s wonderful, and I think he’s doing a good job and people should look at him and every individual should make up his own mind”

I dont think Dr. Paul would endorse Gary Johnson as it could potentially hurt Rand’s GOP standing and family comes before politics. The statement he made above is as close of an endorsement as we’re going to get.

Here is the most crucial information:

In the 1970′s Congress passed a handful of laws and amendments with the intention of reducing the influence of money in political campaigns (ha). You can read a general summary about the Presidential Election Campaign Fund here: http://www.fec.gov/press/bkgnd/fund.shtml, and peruse the official text of the Federal Election Campaign Act and its amendments here: http://www.fec.gov/law/feca/feca.pdf

There are a few rules about matching funds for primary and general elections, but the big prize is the $91 million grant to “each major party nominee” as well as another $18 million for their party conventions. It’s all funded by taxpayers who voluntarily check a checkbox to specifically divert $3 of their tax bill (note: not paying $3 more) into this election funding pot.

A “major party” is defined as a political party that got “25 percent or more of the total number of popular votes” in the last presidential election, which conveniently only includes the Republicans and Democrats right now (I had been wondering how taxpayers were on the hook for those conventions).

However, a “minor party” is a party whose previous candidate received “5 percent or more but less than 25 percent.” And guess what? Minor parties are eligible for general election funds too, in direct proportion to how far above 5% they get.

If Gary Johnson gets 5% of the vote in 2012, the Libertarian Party has access to millions of government dollars in 2016.

Some may have issues with the Libertarian party accepting funds from the federal government but if tax payer dollars were actually going towards something that was helping to SHRINK government and ultimately significantly REDUCE those taxpayer dollars, i think most would find it acceptable as a temporary measure.

So which vote, at this point in time, will help further the cause of liberty and give the message the most exposure?

I have been struggling with this decision for weeks and after learning about the 5% rule, for me the choice is clear in advancing and spreading the message of liberty – Gary Johnson. I hope this helped you make your choice. Thank you to Ed LaRue for making me aware of this vital information!

19. I'd write in Paul if it would count to send a message, but wouldn't count in my state. Abortion is my number one issue, I can't vote for Johnson. Add to that his stance on "gay marriage", I can't bring myself to do it. Our pushing God out of society and moral decay is the reason this nation is in the shape it's in. I may not even vote for Pres this year.

20. I wanted to write in Ron Paul here in Nevada but apparentely write in candidates are forbidden here in Nevada so Gary Johnson is the next best option. Ofcourse I guess Johnson could pick Paul as his running mate since his platform is basicly Paul's anyway.

• Johnson is running with Jim Gray as VP. Ron Paul will not win no matter how many people write him in...

Does Ron Paul still have a chance of Winning? No.

Do we have a chance of Gary Johnson winning? Yes (although very remote).
      Has Ron Paul endorsed him? Sort of.

Here is the most crucial information: