Ron Paul: The Trouble with FEMA

Transcript

Neil Cavuto: Look, they might ultimately do a good job, but we thought it was a little early to do the back-slapping when a lot of their constituents were doing the finger-raising. On the phone with us now is Texas Congressman, Ron Paul. Congressman, I had your colleague from Pennsylvania saying, “Give FEMA another 14 million dollars right now even if you have to go into debt to pay for it”. What say you?

Ron Paul: I think that’s a bad idea. When is it going to stop, where is the limit? And, evidently, there are no limits, they’re already 18 million dollars in debt, and they’ll spend another 14 million dollars for a program that causes people to do dumb things. I mean, this is why people build on the beaches and on the coasts, because the market doesn’t provide insurance for them, but the government does. So people who don’t get to build nice houses on the beach, have to pay for the rebuilding of it. It’s a terrible program, and I’ve had this position for a long time, and I get many, many times more calls complaining about FEMA than I ever get complaining about my position on FEMA. So it’s never hurt me politically and the people aren’t even with this. But I have to say, though, that when the trouble hits, we have this program and I try to make these things work, but, quite frankly, they can’t work. They’re just going to help drive us into bankruptcy and all this will have to end.

Neil Cavuto: You know, – I know you risk it, and I admire you for that – you always look cruel when you say no to FEMA because you know a thing or two about FEMA’s track record. And, even now, I’m worried for people on the scene and folks in Stanton Island, New York beleaguered borough over there where they keep saying, “Help is on the way, help is on the way”. FEMA’s there, but water bottles aren’t there, basic creature comforts aren’t there, the basic supplies they needed were delayed. And if it weren’t for private funding efforts and the likes of Wal-Mart getting involved, as much as that retailer did after Katrina, there would be no help there. But now we’re getting word, Congressman, from FEMA administrator, Craig Fugate, that, “More than 210 million dollars has been approved for individuals to assist with housing and other disaster related needs”. The problem with that money seems to be that it’s not immediately dispersed, you can approve it, but it doesn’t mean it gets into the hands of those affected right away, it could be weeks or month, right?

Ron Paul: Yes, and that’s when their congressman will be called and that’s when we will get our calls and people would beg and plead. They’d been told that they paid their flood insurance, so they ask when are they going to get the relief. And it’s very, very difficult, it’s bureaucratic, it’s very, very slow, it’s very inefficient. And, you know, when the private companies have insurance, I think they do get the checks to the people much, much quicker. But FEMA is an obstacle, it gets in the way of local authority. For the first 200 years of our history, the federal government was never involved in natural disasters. And after Katrina, you think the people and the government and the politicians would wake up and say, “Maybe this isn’t the best way to do things”. But no, it continues in the same way, we never change our way. And none of this is going to end until we declare our bankruptcy and admit that we don’t have any money. And the congressman that casually said “14 billion dollars is no big deal”, well, where does he think it comes from, it comes from poor people. Because, if you borrow it, they’re indebted; if you don’t borrow it and you print it, they get the inflation, or you get the business cycle and they end up without their jobs. And they think it’s for free? They have to wake up and see that everything costs something, every time the government spends money, it is a cost and a tax and it comes back and, unfortunately, it hits the middle class more than anybody else, especially the low/middle income class who try to survive. They suffer the most with all these programs, even with this pretence that they’re going to take care of us forever.

Neil Cavuto: Well, you know, you always look cruel if you oppose it, but then you just say the track-record is such … it’s like these telephones and everything they do. You know their heart’s always in the right place, but if Haiti got a fraction of the money that was pledged to it after the earthquakes and disasters, it would look like Atlantis right now.

Ron Paul: That’s right. And it’s the same thing over and over again.

Ron Paul: Yes, yes, we got to think through this, folks, we got to think through this. Ron Paul, always a pleasure, sir, thank you.

1. FUCK FEMA, A GOD DAMN CONSPIRACY

2. WHERE IS RON PAUL!?!?!?! I’m SHOCKED at ALL THE PUSSY DANCES WITH OBAMA AND MITT ROMNEY?!!!!! WHERE IS HE IN THE NEWS?!?!!?!? FUCK!!!

Anger from Malaysia. We’re praying for your success.

3. I wrote OBAMNEY you illiterate twat. Ultimately, they are the same tools for the Elite. Go troll your mom’s cunt because no one wants a fuckin’ loser like you around.

4. I hated every thing about the voting. You’re givein no choice.

5. I wonder if we do have another civil war…if Ron Paul will be the President of The New Confederate States Of America.

6. both votes are a vote against the machine its about making a point.

7. so he thinks everyone who lives on the coast should just move inland?

LOOOOOOL another simplistic naivete from silly lerprechaun who love only gold.

8. Sorry, I was kinda sleepy when I sent that one. It won’t happen again. I’ll need to be more alert from now on!

9. How do you tell dick riding Obama supporters they are supporting the wrong guy?

10. If you own property or even rent you should have insurance, why do the American people have to support the bad decisions of the entitlement minded?

11. Bye, bye, birdie…let’s hope this chicken hawk — Rmoney— is never heard of again!

Ron Paul’s supporters want to thank you “dear” Mitt for the way you trampled us on your blind path to become the next Dictator — it’s called Divine Justice, and we served it to you cold!

12. HA HA HA You pathetic cock muncher, I love how every retarded dick slurping Ronbot always assumes that I support Obama simply because I disagree with their messiah Ronnie The Senile TURD! HA HA HA You are Pathetic you little Bitch!

13. LOL my messiah? Calm down, you sound like meth-head atheist. Keep suckin’ Obamney’s dick.

14. The only thing that your messiah the failure knows is how to display his senility without a care in the world! Your senile kooky messiah is a joke, what made this old fuck think that he could ever win the Presidency? LOL Stupid fuck!

15. He knows more than your arrogant ass ever will n00b!

16. The problem with Fema, you senile TWAT, is the fact that competent people are yet to be put in charge of it! Stupid fuck!

17. your Mitt-HEAD lost, shit for brains.

18. See! You prove my point well. When you mature a bit, perhaps you’ll care less about dick, and more about issues of importance.
    Until then, enjoy your “phallacies”.

19. The coast guard can help, I also saw the report about that one beer company that converts it’s factory to making canned water. It was free of charge I believe, we don’t always need the government to do everything.