229 responses to “Poll: Who Is Our Best Hope for 2016?”

1. Paul

I think Paul supporters pride themselves in being informed . I do and was a delegate for congressman Paul at my state convention. Every Paul supporter needs to get the DVD “Undefeated” about Gov. Palin. What the establishment and the PPC did to both and why is obvious. Be informed

2. Donna

As the Founding Fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776: ‘When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.’”
    Revolution

3. robin

VETERAN’S DAY…We have been at war 214 years since 1776. As many of you know, most of our wars could have been prevented and were manufactured to create changes that move us one step closer to a one world government. Today let’s not glorify the horrors of war, but please join me in prayer so that more people will wake up and stop our interventionist foreign policy. I’m praying that we bring our troops home and stop this madness. Here is what one veteran has to say who was proud to serve his country, but says we need to stop glorifying WAR..

Life is not better for the people in the Middle East, it is far worse and we are not there for humanitarian reasons or to defend this country. Time to stop taking orders from Israel and show we value the lives of our armed services and their families.

4. Tica

RE: the abortion issue. I’m sorry this is such a make or break issue for some of the population. For me, this is a non issue in a national election because this power is not granted to the federal government. THIS IS A PRIVACY ISSUE. What happens behind the doctor’s door is PRIVATE and non of the government’s business. They also need to stay out of the board room and the bedroom.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 3

5. Patrick

Thanks Ron for running…but another run in 2016 wouldnt be wise on your part.

Your strength is building the party and the brand…..we need fresh new blood in the party.

As for the “Publican” party they have been shown wanting and illegitimate. Anyone coming from that line would be viewed as a joke. You need a true blood to lead the party then you will see some action.

Thanks again Ron but please dont run again.

P.S. by the way Paul Ryan couldnt carry his own county and state. How far do you think he will get in 2016?

1. Bob in Boston

As much as I love Ron Paul (I was a delegate candidate) I agree with you. Even if there is still some fight left in Ron Paul, he was already viewed as too old THIS year – in 4 years there is no way he will be able to stand the rigors of campaigning. He should stay in the background, and continue to rally the forces for Liberty, which is what he’s actually good at.
      But one thing I would say is that he absolutely needs to at least guide people towards who he likes, even if he doesn’t officially “endorse” them. We had a great chance to increase the power of third party candidates this year, and instead of releasing his supporters to vote for Gary Johnson by saying he didn’t want people to write him in, he kept quiet, so a ton of voters completely wasted their vote by writing in Ron Paul. I very consciously say “wasted”, because how many times have you heard on ANY media a count of how many people wrote in Ron Paul? That’s right – exactly zero. All of those votes were wasted because they COULD have been used to promote the cause of Liberty by voting for a third party candidate, but instead they will never be counted.

1. Smoovious

Ron Paul wasn’t registered as a write-in candidate, so all those who thought they were going to right him in anyways as a protest vote? The only people who saw those, were the people counting the ballots, and since he wasn’t registered as a write-in, they weren’t counting him.

End result? No matter how many people wrote him in in those states… he got 0 votes.

The Libertarians seriously needed more support this year. The more votes we get each election, means more money and more access in the next election. It is a real shame those uncounted write-in votes couldn’t have been spent more wisely.

(btw, Johnson was shafted on being listed on Michigan’s ballot, even tho they had their paperwork in in plenty of time, so we were forced to write him in… still haven’t heard what his tally was, anyone happen to have a link where Michigan’s write-in tally is?)

– Smoov

6. Walther Fumagalli

Despite his 77 years and as long as Dr. Paul has his normal beautiful mind, he is the one.

God bless you Ron.

7. Pm

I am somewhat surprised by the results so far. While Ron Paul would be ideal, by 2016 he will be pushing 80, not to mention he says he’s retiring. Rand Paul is going to have to prove to me that he is still on our side. Endorsing Mittens Romney and voting for sanctions on Iran which Ron has called acts of war is not acceptable to me. Rubio is a complete globalist as can be seen in his speaches to the council of foreign relations. I am surprised he got any votes. I think Ventura, Johnson, Napolitano, and Schiff are our best bets at this point.

8. Melanie

Trickle up poverty is the only way. Urban communes where people all work at something day care, food production, maintence. We need an energy diet as a nation, we need to stop the glut of cheap unhealthy food as a nation we need to stop making the drug& insurance companies rich. It might have to be socialism to break up this two party system that does not work

9. roland prendushi

I feel so sorry for this country.The ignorance and the greed are destroying the american families and the american values.We are broke because some greedy and ignorant people that have no heart and soul ,people that hate America and spent all the taxpayer money for the war, destroyed the christianity and now the richest country in the world is in poverty.We do not need democrats and republicans any more.We need people that love this country,people with strong vision to develop the new technology.We need a big revolution in science with new forms of energy.

10. Rudolpho Valentino

What to wait for ?

Put the present politicans into a waste bin and install Ron Paul now.

I know that this is unrealistic, but it would be the only option for a brighter future in the US and the rest of the world.

1. Dawn

I agree.

11. Frater EC

Rand does have the appearance of caving into the establishment but that may just be a neccessity and he may retain his fathers stripes but we will see.

I think Ron Paul (God bless him!) may not have another campaigne in him, atgain we will see but I hope so!

If Rand and Ron don’t pan out for 2016 and/or the republicans will not budge in the right direction; it’s time for Gary Johnson and he got my vote this time around.

Best Wishes

12. Hugh Mann

Nothing short of a revolt is going to change this nation back to its former glory because the government and every institution has been corrupted to the core. The parasites are dug in deeper than a Louisiana tick. None of these guys will win an election because the system is rigged.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 22 Thumb down 0

13. Jennifer Blank

Libertarians are for limited government. Period. Once we start regulating what a woman can do with her body, we are on a slippery slope that leads directly to tyranny.

I personally do not support abortion and I believe it is immoral, but that is my BELIEF! I am in no position, and neither is anyone else, to tell another human being how to live.

Your rights stop where mine begin. A woman who chooses to get an abortion has done nothing to interfere with my rights, therefore she needs to be left alone.

God will be the final judge on that.

Social issues have been the focus of the Republican party and that has destroyed its message of limited government.

Please do not let the libertarian party go the same way.

14. Cal

First, America is NOT a democracy, she is a Consitutional Republic. That means we use some democratic methods but our government is the Constitution, not the temporary ‘help’ we put into office to carry out the duties oulined by it for the three branches of the federal government.

Second, Ron Paul ‘lost’ because of ELECTION FRAUD, and (my belief) threats to those he loves. What we need to do is make sure that EVERY person involved in election fraud is arrested and prosecuted. There are numerous witnesses and videos, plus it is against state (and federal) laws.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 22 Thumb down 1

1. Dawn

Very true. I experienced it myself. And that it’s even being allowed to happen and no one is doing anything about it is the biggest problem of all.

15. Matthew Miller

I hope that Roy Moore runs for President. We need someone who is knowledgeable of the Constitution, has the guts to obey it, and who also recognizes God’s Word as the final authority.

I will not vote for Gary Johnson because he is not pro-life. All men are *created* equal (not born equal), and endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to life. (Declaration of Independence)

But it also has to be someone who doesn’t believe it killing innocent people in unnecessary wars.

Though born in US, Marco Rubio’s parents were not US citizens at the time. That makes his eligibility under the Natural Born citizen clause very questionable. You should not vote for any presidential ticket he may be on.

Out of the above choices Ron Paul was my pick, but I don’t think he is going to run. Rand Paul would also be an acceptable choice despite his flaws. I would have to know where Schiff and Napolitano stand on abortion before I could vote for either one of them.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 18

16. Walter

Ron Paul is a known quantity, and would make a good pres even from a wheelchair or a hospital bed. Rand is our foot in the door in the senate. Johnson is holding the libertarian fort. My friends, life is ALL ABOUT choosing the least of several evils, the only exception being to choose the way of YHWH. To assume otherwise is delusional.

17. Ironsides

First of all, I think lessons need to be learned about why President Ron Paul is not in the White-House this year. It happened due to infiltrators, who abandoned the ship due to the death-threats from Bilderberg-Group meeting.–And the GOP rejected REAL DEMOCRACY winning.

So, they got away with it, because Libertarians don’t believe in violence or other “illegal” means to correct the problems.

My point for years, is that due to the perpetual increase in power every year by the NEW-WORLD ORDER, both by violations of Constitutional-Rights and Liberties, intimidations, psychological and physical violence and murders, as well as the increase of weapons of mass destruction, Ron Paul’s 2012 campaign was overthrown.

Although Ron Paul’s supporters far outnumber any other Republican’s supporters, the lawyers are not winning by taking legal-action against all the crimes committed.–Just as many lawsuits have been filed since August 2008 against OBOMBA, over not having an American birth-certificate, and several lawsuits were filed against OBOMBA for the forced H1N1 vaccines in 2009, the courts refuse to give priorities to any of the lawsuits.

As a result, Libertarians are not “defending” themselves adequately. All our enemies get in return for their crimes, including media smear-campaigns is street-demonstrations, verbal responses and lawsuits which Judges refuse to deal with.–Because they are part of the NWO.

Remember a former president’s quote:

“when people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is Liberty”–Thomas Jefferson.

18. douglas

Ron Paul is a patriot; willing to lead the country by stating correct but unpopular positions, and explain why. I think Gary Johnson comes closest to follow in Paul’s footsteps, despite relationship with Rand.

19. Ed

We’re just making our point voting for Ron Paul in this poll, he still gets the top votes yet somehow was way under represented in the polls the only answer to that is election fraud, which is what I assume Romney is thinking just happened to him.

The Karma boomerang is doing well these days huh!

Ed.

1. Smoovious

The poll here is weighted to Ron Paul, because this is Ron Paul’s website…

This is hardly a scientific poll, and shouldn’t be used for anything beyond entertainment value of what the people who watch this site think.

Beyond that limited use, the poll here doesn’t have a useful purpose.

– Smoov
      – ex pollster

20. Patrick M

Gary Johnson is my top pick. Rand Paul endorsed Mitt Romney and that was just stupid. Ron Paul is retiring.

21. Sean

99 Votes for Sarah Palin. Really now. Y’all must be trollin’.

22. katherine mastrocola

Until we can assure the election results are valid and not rigged, it matters little how hard a candidate presents the best agenda for the Country.

23. Pete

Paul / Paul 2016 on the Republican ticket. Campaigning on end the fed and pot decriminalization for the sake of revenue would be enough to win popular vote AND the states with higher electoral numbers. Time to play the big cards and that’s the best hand you’ll get.

24. Jonathon

Repeal of the 16th and 17th amendments would be a good place to begin restorring our form of government. Voters can be made quite happy by giving back $1.50 for every $1.00 taken from them as long as wages are increased for those who are working, and benefits are raised for those who are not. Everyone feels they are benefitting as we become less and less competitive in the world.

25. Jonathon

Surfisher,

I would reword that one quote to “When liberty is taken away by force it can ONLY be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can ONLY be reclaimed by force.” Liberty cannot be permanently lost, but can be very difficult to reclaim or restore once lost.

26. Jonathon

The primary problem is that the Republican party seems to make a greater effort in attracting Democrat voters by governing like Democrats than keeping Republican voters by providing a real choice of how we are governed, which I think would appeal to a large number of Democrats as well if properly presented to them.

1. Smoovious

They think that they don’t have to worry about “their” Republican voters… after all, who are they going to vote for, a Democrat?

They’ve become too cozy with their evangelical wing, thinking they got their block of voters locked up, and judging from the amount of people who seem to have blinders on to the fact that there are more than just 2 parties, I’m not sure they’re entirely wrong about that…

But too slowly, more people are taking their blinders off and taking a good look around…

– Smoov

27. Andrei Andreescu

Ron Paul 2016 ! 2020 ! Ron Paul 4 Ever !

28. Don Folkers

We must focus on the United States Congress and on the United States Senate. Only by re-asserting their Constitutional rights can these bodies avoid becoming as irrelevant as the House of Lords — and before that — the Roman Senate. And we have a better chance at the Congressional level against the lobbies like AIPAC who control our two parties at the top. (They proved that at the Tampa Convention this August.) Each Congressional candidate must be willing to Impeach and Convict for treason and other impeachable behaviors — no matter which party the person belongs to.

29. D Tyrone

Didnt see that you could pick more than one. Well Gary Johnson and Rand Paul. Non of the others can even talk to me.

30. TheMidnightOwl

I meant RP and Johnson in 2012.. guess I forgot what year it was. Haha. :-D

31. TheMidnightOwl

Ron Paul was obviously the best shot for the Liberty Movement in ’08.. I was sad that he didn’t get the Rep nomination. That said, I ended up voting Johnson in ’08, since my state was not accepting Paul as a write-in (he wasn’t “officially registered” in that state, and many others).

So, considering the fact that I’m also a huge fan of The Judge, and that I’d found myself on many occasions watching Freedom Watch and saying to myself that I really wish he’d run, then he would be the obvious choice for 2016. But he’d have to run Rep, unfortunately.. I’m a Libertarian, tried and true, and I switched to Rep for Paul. I’m going to be honest with myself and accept the fact that we are currently locked into a 2-party system. The Libertarian Party will have it’s day in the sun… but it won’t be ready by 2016.

We need Judge Andrew Napolitano in 2016 – he gets my vote. (But a person can say/do a lot in 4 years.. I’ll be keeping an eye on him, just in case.) ;-)

32. Surfisher

Principles we must stand by!

“A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have….” Thomas Jefferson

“They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

“Freedom is not merely the opportunity to do as one pleases; neither is it merely the opportunity to choose between set alternatives. Freedom is, first of all, the chance to formulate the available choices, to argue over them — and then, the opportunity to choose.” C. WRIGHT MILLS

“When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered.” DOROTHY THOMPSON

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.”—Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (Philadelphia 1787).

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing” EDMUND BURKE

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ABRAHAM LINCOLN

“We should insist that if the immigrant who comes here does in good faith become an American and assimilates himself to us he shall be treated on an exact equality with every one else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birth-place or origin.
    But this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn’t doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people.” — Written in a letter by then former President Theodore Roosevelt on January 3, 1919 to the president of the American Defense Society.

33. Darren

Ron never really stood a chance. I love the guy, but the pyschopaths run the show, the military industrial complex would never have let him win…and if he had he wouldn’t ended up like JFK (the last one to challenge the Federal Reserve).

I live in Australia, and strangely I feel there is more liberty here, in our constitutional monarchy with Queen Elizabeth II as our monarch, that in the failed Republic of the former United States…..I believe the best hope for the US now is nullification. States need to exercise their constitutional rights, like Missouri, and nullify unconstitutional federal ‘laws’. The true power of liberty lies now with the states and the sheriffs. Support the nullification movement or move to another country!!

34. Steve Holmes

There are only two people on list list that I would consider. Ron Paul and the Judge, period. Rand is walking the fence and will fall on the Neocons side of that fence. The comment about Dr. Paul being to old is a bunch of bunk.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

35. D Vet

What about Alan West (R) Florida? Why isn’t he being considered? Is he perceived as being too young? For me he’d make a great Pres/VP selection. He’s proven he isn’t afraid of the uber left. J. Ventura, wasn’t he already gov of MN?

Why didn’t Ron Paul run as a 3rd party candidate?

1. Deet

Allen West? You can’t be serious! He is a BIG SPENDING (check his record), war mongering, neocon all the way!