229 responses to “Poll: Who Is Our Best Hope for 2016?”

1. George Tolhurst

go Ron Paul go in 1216

2. George II

I am also 73 – and I hope to be around for the 2016 election – but would like to win rather than watrch my principals dashed again – time to get real- understand yhat the 50′s are over and it is the 21st century. lets get behind a winner rather rthan an un realistic concept.

1. Jim, California

“Get behind a winner” is the shallow principle that has brought us to the brink.

1. KC

Oh Jim… Go easy. From the rest of what he wrote… I don’t think he meant it THAT way…!

He meant a REAL… TRUE WINNER. A Freedom Loving Winner! Didn’t you George?!

kc in SATX

3. George II

Let’s face ot -= we need a change – RAND PAUL could be our best alternative – Ron never had a chance — too far out and even though mostly correct poorly aimed as far a voters were concerned – RAND properly aimed and motivated – could make the difference – Rep. or Independent…. but smart or just principaled with no chance — if we want to male our country OUR country again we need to be realistic and understand who we represent and what the electorate is made of.

4. Raleigh

Your best hope is and always has been yourselves…

5. cyndi feigenbaum

I hate to say stupid but you include people here who are not so called liberty candidates. I say none of the above. Of course, Ron Paul. I guess I am totally disappointed in these choices. Rick Perry , Huckabee, Bobby Jindel, Rand Paul, Jeb Bush, Sarah Palin, Mark Rubio. You sound like the Stupid Old Pathetic Fossil Party (SOPFP). I am ashamed to look at your list with all the Neo-Conservative statists here. Gary Johnson is pathetic. Why do you not take some sleep medication and pass out. Your choices are so mainstream and boring I can pass out. If you continue offering up the above warmongers who know nothing about freedom or promote cutting edge change then I will have lost all hope for you and the republicans. Why not include Lindsey Graham? I got it this is World Net Daily!
    Maybe you should find someone more interesting with greater depth of understanding than these clowns. I am beginning to completely abandon the Republicans and there is no where for me to go! The Libertarian Party is also a joke.
    Okay here is my list Kevin Zeese is first my choice, Tom Woods, Jesse Ventura, John W.Whitehead are also interesting. Jill Stein does not understand property rights otherwise she would be a great choice. Ron Paul might not be running.

1. Brandon Magoon

The Libertarian Party is NOT a joke, if it wasn’t for the LP there wouldn’t have been a Ron Paul R[3VOL]ution because half the skilled grassroots leadership and the grassroots infrastructure were the result of years of libertarian activity. The LP’s biggest problem is people keep defecting to the GOP. If people would quite letting the other side win we might actually get something done.

2. KC

Right on, Cyndi!

there’s NO candidate on these lists other than Ron. He’s getting older and deserves a rest.

Jesse has too much bad temper video floating around. He’s a fantastic guy, but not presidential. Not even Liberty presidential.

I don’t know your other candidates, and I wish I did! No one single candidate mentioned before your post if worth a damn. people here are starting to parrot a pseudo-conservative-activist-type rant in a pseudo-liberty-activist-style.

The Libertarian Party IS crap.

Oh wait. I DO like Stossel. And I DO like Napolitano. Where’s Dick Armey and Matt Kibbe of Freedomworks. I consistently like what they say. they did not cowtow to the inevitable Romney…

I like a LOT of people who identify as Libertarian, but it is a party, just like the others. As long as a party has a platform, people have to compromise to join it. therefore, they would rather compromise for a party more likely to win than compromise for a party not likely to win.

I prefer to vote for independent liberty-minded conservatives like Ron Paul, and Rand-before-the-sellout-Paul. Dennis Kucinich is a bat, but dammit he’s an honest one, so I love him too! I would like to forgive Rand if he prostrated himself before the loose non-affiliated Liberty non-Party (not at all to be confused with the formal Libertarian Party) calls out exactly what he did wrong and humbly asks us to forgive him and never makes the mistake again. Backing the religious zealots will never get Liberty principles into power. It will only guarantee all the godless and God-neutral and God agnostics will oppose!

6. 2SHEA

After all the controversy over ObaMao’s eligibility, and his lack of transparency, you would think that people should know better that to vote for Marco Rubio or Bobby Jindal … Neither one meets the Natural Born Citizen requirement as laid down by the SCOTUS … MINOR V. HAPPERSETT DIRECTLY CONSTRUED THE US CONSTITUTION’S ARTICLE 2 SECTION 1 NATURAL BORN CITIZEN CLAUSE …

7. jwhitehawke

There are more than those listed that should be considered. Justin Amash, Tom McClintock, Lew Rockwell, Thomas Sowell, Jake Towne, on and on. In the next year or two there will be great people coming to light as well.

8. Rob Cox

I’m a fan of Ron Paul and have been for many years. We all see what he says is the truth. But what are we doing about it? Waiting 4 years to the next election, that will just make us feel like we did the 4 years before this and before that and be for that? It’s the same always and it will never change until we END THE FED. And that, could be done tomorrow, if we made it happen.

345 LAW MAKERS
    – 311,000,000 AMERICAN PEOPLE
    =HELLO Who’s in charge here???

Their only in charge because we allow it.

Why talk about 4 years from now?

What about NOW?

The past is gone and the future is yet to come. Reflecting on the past or what should a, could a, would a, happened. Is keeping people from the PRESENT! NO amount of worry over the future will affect anything in it. It only keeps you from the PRESENT. If, you can’t change the past and you have no control over the future. Now, the PRESENT, is all you have any control over and all you can affect.

I’m not saying planing in the present, for the future is wrong. To some extent, we have control over our personal future, to an extent. But this election farce we go through continuously every year is only distracting us from the PRESENT.

My Two Cents Worth,
    Rob

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

9. sj

Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Rocky Anderson, Cynthia McKinney. Jill Stein.

That’s right I don’t like rigged polls — including Presidential Elections.

Liberty & Justice,

sj

10. Brad

These polls are quite bogus, sorry to say, as it a poll from an obvious minority (the Libritarians). Today this 11/11/ 2012 is our Canadian “Rememberance Day”
    of all our war vets past and present. I don’t know what I think of it anymore, everything I knew and know of the first and second world war was just a sad orchestrated game, controled by an elite few. Please tell me this is a lie but I fear it is the obsolute truth not known by many and not believed by any. In grade 5, 6 or 7 we watched a movie “Big Brother” it is nearing a mirror image of the USA today or where it is heading. Perhaps a blue print of our near future?

When we are educated by a system that has been lied to for 2 or 3 generations then isn’t all lost already. What we think is the truth was only someone elses picture for us to see that is skewed in thier favor. Ron Paul is fighting back against total opposition, not because he is wrong but because they can’t see he is right. Not about everything mind you as the brain wash run deep, maybe more than 5 generations.

When presidents can be assasinated by their own protectors, isn’t it time to turn the tables back against the puppet masters of the world. When the world is ruled by greed and only greed we need to take arms against them. WAKE UP EVERYBODY! WE ARE NOBODIES SLAVES! We god tricked into their abyss and we have to fight to get out of it.

Peace and be safe.

1. Brad

I have to correct myself, the movie I spoke of is “1984″, if you have not seen it you should watch it now. It is your near blue print of your current and near future.
      Peace!

11. Carolyn Wilson

I voted for Dr. Paul. He was, in my opinion, the honest candidate. He speaks the truth and doesn’t play politics. Deep down inside….I believe that if he received the winning number of votes, we wouldn’t have been informed of it. I haven’t trusted the “professional politicians” for decades, and I don’t believe the “vote counts” . If Dr. Paul runs, I will vote for him again. He tells it like it is. I wish I knew how many write-ins he got. We’ll probably never know.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

12. Momma

Until we have a Congress, Senate, President/Vice President that is like Ron Paul our government and country is in serious trouble! The Republicans have yet to bring US a candidate that is electable much less trusted other than Ron Paul and why our Republican yo-yo’s did not stand behind Ron Paul just boggles the mind! HE is and was the best out of all of them. Ron Paul was The People’s President! These other yo-yo’s on this list…I would not vote for any of them!

Ron Paul I pray your health is well in 2016…but if not, then you must find US a Presidential candidate we can believe in and trust as much as we trust you!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

13. Xenophore

Ron Paul is retired. Rand Paul is part of the GOP establishment, not the liberty movement. Jesse Ventura is unelectable. Our best hope? Same as it was this year: Gary Johnson.

1. Gary

Wikpedia says Rand Paul is opposed by Dems and Reps, and that he is a libertarian. He may be able to condescend better, more like Reagan and less like his dad. Reagan showed communication skills and a real backbone, even if he “grandstanded” a lot. He was a radical back then- that’s what it’s gonna take. He withstood even Reps in Congress and threatened to talk extensively to the American people if they didn’t cut taxes like he wanted. In a year we were turned around.

14. smroog

Winners focus–Losers spray.

Romney was the best example of a bankster that could be found. Not too bright about what he said and when. Money could not buy this election.

I have never disliked and not trusted a politician more than Romney. I am so happy that Romney lost I have trouble not giggling all the time.

I have the entire back window of my car covered with a Ron Paul endorsement. I have been a Ron Paul guy for too many years. Ron Paul had a great ground game. With all those delegates and almost 3 million votes, what was the reason Ron Paul didn’t speak at the convention?

Time to start a real third party that focuses on the banksters and wars, and only banksters and wars. Banksters and their wars are the source of our problems. With the banksters and their wars out of the way, all other problems will take care of themselves.

Winners focus–Losers spray.

Time to focus on the problem–Banksters and their wars ! ! !

Just my opinion.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 2

1. Brandon Magoon

We already have a “3rd” party. It’s the Libertarian Party, all people have to do is stop back stabbing it and we could get something done.

1. smroog

too many planks in the platform–banksters and their wars only !!!!!!!!

15. Carol Snyder

I encourage and pray that Ron Paul will run in 2016. His momentum was very high with the fact that he didn’t fall out but was pushed out by the RNC and fraudulent acts of the Romney campaign. Rand’s turncoat for Romney and Benton and Wead’s sellout to the RNC deflated the majority of Dr. Paul’s supporters. Using Dr. Paul’s age against him is illegal and I believe he’ll be as healthy in four years as he is now. Let’s get the movement for him going again – we can be an army in four years!! He’s the only one who can bring our government and country back to the greatness it once was. I will be thrilled and honored to work for his campaign and I’m 74 years old and healthy!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 4

16. Robert Fritchey

I have said this many times before and I’ll say it again. The greatest darkness is just before dawn. When you see things get so dark and gloomy, and it looks like there is no hope left for mankind or the world. When we are finally in our darkest hour and things cannot get any worse; That is when our deliverance will come. Our salvation will come to us in the midst of the greatest darkness the world has ever seen.

17. Norm

Sarah Palin should never be considered for any elected office as long as she holds her views on the Law Of The Sea Treaty (LOST). She has no clue what this treaty will accomplish. While governor of Alasksa she wrote letters to then Senator Stevens oulining her un-informed support of LOST.
    Anybody supporting LOST presents a danger to the soverignty of the United States of America…

18. Gary

I can’t believe that the election (If you want to call it that.) is not even 1 week old and people are contemplating 2016 and who should run then.
    What has gotten into the citizens of the country ???
    Aren’t they EVER satisfied with what is hear and now ?
    Why don’t we allow things to happen and possibly change for the better in the next four years with who we have elected instead of already looking for thier replacement ???
    Beat the H=== out of me

1. Kimmerd30

I partially agree… and I can’t imagine why anyone would want an 81 yr old man for president in 2016. I don’t think it’s a bad idea to look ahead, but let’s get realistic. This is the group of idiots who help Obama keep his job for 4 more yrs.
      What they don’t understand is Obama will grant amnesty for 20 million illegals and make them voters. The democrats will not only out number all other political parties, but they will rule the USA forever…

19. John Shuey

A most unfortunate list. RP has said he is done, most likely due to his age, so that is beating a dead horse. Many of the rest have ties to Wall Street and/or have voted consistently for statist policies and war. Paul Schiff is attractive philosophically, but has no practical experience, and a few others are fringe at best and would shrink the liberty vote from this year.

Of the whole list, Rand Paul – if he eschews the corruption that seems to become automatic the longer one stays in DC, Gary Johnson, and Judge Napolitano are the only ones I could consider seriously.

1. TommyMo

Indiana Gov Mike Pence will be the nomination in 2016. He’ll have about three years to restore his reputation, walk the talk.

20. Sabermetrician

What a load of statist, warmonger creeps: Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and the rest– too funny.
    BTW, Ron “retired”. There are bigger things coming.
    Where’s NOTA?

21. Jeff Daiell

Gov. Johnson is the obvious choice, although he could use some coaching, both in terms of strict libertarian ideology and as a candidate. His 1.173 million votes (and counting!) was a major psychological boost, but in 2016 the LP needs to win over those who just couldn’t quite make the move to voting for a non-duopolist.

Jeff Daiell

22. Mike

I like the top 4 winning candidates, but my choice is # 5 : Peter Schiff!
    Peter is the smartest guy out there! He was an adviser to the Ron Paul campaign.
    Peter predicted everything that has happen, 2 + years before it happened.
    I love Ron, but he will be too old to run and Rand is no Ron!
    I like the Judge and I think he would do a great job.
    I like Jesse, but I’m not sure what a Ventura Presidency would be like.

1. Norm

Ref:”Peter predicted everything that has happen, 2 + years before it happened.”

I once beat Peter Schiff by four years…

23. Guy McLendon

I can’t support anyone who’ll endorse & campaign for Mitt Romney.

Also, the defection of Jesse Benton is a serious violation of trust. The liberty movement needs to do our version of a grand jury investigation as to how Jesse took 40 pieces of silver, and sold us out to the Establishment.

24. walter block

In 2016 Ron Paul will be 80 years old. But, he’ll be a young vigorous 80, ready to outcompete much younger men in bike races and other athletic competitions. I used to be an anarchist. I’m now a believer in (very limited) government. I think government should have only ONE function: to FORCE Ron Paul to run for president in 2016. (Libertarianism is ok in theory, but if you want to get things done, you’ve got to violate the non aggression principle. Ergo, the government should compel Ron to run in 2016; hey, I’m just kidding). As for the others I voted for (Rand Paul, Gary Johnson, Andrew Napolitano, Peter Schiff), they would all make great VP candidates, on the Ron Paul in 2016 ticket!

1. Dawn

I completely agree. He should run with his son or Gary Johnson as VP.

25. jesusknight

I don’t want to vote for ANY of the candidates you listed; they are ALL establishment Repubs, and we need a new, clean slate of REAL candidates we can vote in.. Most of these guys had their chance, and they blew it big-time. NO MORE going for the ‘lesser’ of two evils, or just ‘going along to get along’, or ‘at least he’s better than the other guy’ type of voting! We need REAL candidates who actually love this country, and respect and follow our Constitution, who will bring an end to NDAA, allow the right to bear arms, and will get rid of the U.N. and illegal immigration.

C’mon… you gotta have a better listing for candidates than this…!!!!!

1. 1776is the answer

Really so You truly believe that Ron Paul, Jesse Ventura, Gary Johnson and Judge Nopolitono are establishment? I can see how you would view Rand as establishment and Rand was the leading voice in the senate against the NDAA but he has played politics to some extent. But the other 4 I listed are Champions of Liberty and the Constitution.. Please show your list of candidates!!!!!!!!!!

26. Philippe Desrameaux

Whoever gets it going in 2016, not only needs to run as NEITHER Dem or Repub, let it be Independent, Libertarian or WHATEVER…he or she literally needs $$$$$$$ to make their name a contender with the GOP. Once someone outside of the GOP exposes their crutch to neo-con beliefs, the party will shatter and people within the GOP will flock. Independents will catch on as they see another party form and more people discuss these ideas OFF the internet. Working from within the GOP is what should be done as of right now. After that, the composition of not only good candidates, but a solid understanding of this party’s goals are all thats needed. That’s my 2 cents about 2016 (as of now). I voted Ron, Ran, Gary J, Judge N and Jesse Ventura.

27. Buzz

People do not understand the importance and reasoning behind Ron’s campaign stance. Tyranny has to be suspended through abolishment of the UN; too, $6 billion dollars to help with debt! NATO, frees us from the tyranny brought on by it; NTU, no more indoctrination of homosexual teachings in our schools, Muslims dealt with fairly but not to overrun ther USA and same with illegals! Ron is a Christian, morals, values,etc. These are the values, plus being a lifelong supporter of the Constitution , made him the ideal candidate to beat O and he would have. I think many were discouraged by two candidates with the same views

28. Richard Filinson

Ron Paul, I really cannot see how you continue to align yourself with the list of moral degenerates whose names accompany yours on this list of putative future candidates. Republican “ideals” are what turn off the public being utterly bogus and opportunistic. They overtly muse over how they might use opinion polls to fashion their next campaign in a manner that will mislead enough additional fools to edge them into office. Meanwhile, they continue to work on rigging the electronic voting machines in the absence of any real hope for victory. Everyone who does not reside in a cemetery sees through the Republican ruse. Ron Paul, just extricate yourself from these fools and form an honest Independent movement.

29. Nicholas Rivera

I support Jesse Ventura.
    I am a Minnesotan who voted for Jesse the first time and was pleased with the job he did. Mainly because he was more concerned with doing the right thing for the state and not worried about getting reelected. Until our politicians stop think like republicans and democrats and start thinking like Americans we are going to continue to have a government that is unresponsive and in chaos. The first step to taking back control of our government is the passing of hr 25. The fair tax laws so that government can no longer use the tax issue as a way to promote class warfare and buy votes through scare tactics and empty promises. We need leaders that will speak the truth and Jesse is that man.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 2

30. John Adams

The very essence of the Republican party as expelled by most of their spokespersons is to control and limit the liberties of the majority in order to extract the most wealth from the country. After the Bush election I believe this country has finally learn the great lesson of democracy. You must support (vote) en masse for
    what you know as right and just for everyone and not just for the few. And, you
    must value that voting participation as if it means life or death.

31. pjerin brucaj

I think Peter Schiff is a very smart man and conservative enough to run America,

32. Mary Myers

Sorry folks, but demography is destiny. There will be no chance for us in the future. Unlimited immigration, illegal immigration and a godless secular culture have taken over this nation. Government is the new god upon which everyone will owe their allegiance. Instead of being dependent on God, we will be dependent on the State.

Just as Old Testament Israel failed to listen to the prophets and fell away from God and suffered the consequences, so too will America.

Ron Paul is a prophet, and his success in turning this nation around will be similar to the success of the prophets of the Old Testament. Human nature hasn’t changed since Adam and Eve.

1. Dawn

No need for all that negativity and hopelessness. It is pointless and will most certainly get us nowhere. Not everyone believes what you do, but some of us still believe that life is what we make it. Hope is not even close to lost, but people need to be woken up. Hope is something we can’t afford to lose and that sort of negativity is the last thing we need.

1. jesusknight

no, we need REALITY… we LOST this election.

Its not negative to tell the truth. People ARE waking up, and people went out in droves to vote; but many votes did not get counted at all. Its not just ‘waking up the people’ that is the main problem any more; Its government control that is getting stronger and its tentacles are getting longer, because government is aware that if they do not ‘tighten’ up the ship quickly, they will lose it all; precisely BECAUSE people are waking up.

SPEED is the issue here.. everyone knows what type of President we actually NEED.. Constitutional to a fault.. someone who actually gives a dang for our rights.. someone that is unafraid to balance the budget and hack government spending.. someone who’s voting record is actually constitutional and consistent, and someone who will ACTUALLY cut big brother government in half.

Give us a candidate like that, and the other side won’t stand a prayer…or a vote!

1. Dawn

I never said it was negative to tell the truth. But read over what was written and maybe you’ll get my point. It was actually Extremely negative and also very biased. I cannot consider it Reality or truth either.

I do not disagree with you. Nor did I disagree with some of the thoughts Mary was attempting to express. Just her way or doing it.. her “attitude” that she expressed.

I don’t view that sort of extremely negative attitude as helpful, I feel it only discourages people and makes them feel hopeless.

33. Pat

I am currently taking in all opinions as to why we lost the election and do not want to express a candidate preference at this point. I am very concerned, however, about total campaign lies, media bias and voter registration/voting corruption.

34. Dawn

You guys, please quit with the age discrimination against Ron Paul! Look up a woman named Annette Larkins. She is 70 but biologically closer to 30. Age has nothing to do with anything. Why I say this is because I think most the people who voted for Rand would rather have Ron, but they think he’s too old. Ron Paul is very healthy, he is a talented doctor, and will probably live as long as Jeanne Calment!

As Ron said himself, this is age discrimination.. It’s just as bad as racial discrimination or any other, and it is ignorant and wrong! Biological and chronological age are not the same thing, and this can be proven! Just run a search online for Annette.

35. Lyn

Before you give Rand Paul too many votes, go onto your search engine and type in “Rand Paul tries to get journalist fired and arrested”. This is not the only thing he’s done to make many people question where he actually stands. Haven’t we been deceived and lied to, to many times. Rand was going directly after freedom of speach. Please watch the video and you’ll come away from it being sickened my him just like I was.