Poll: Who Is Our Best Hope for 2016?

[poll id=”86″]

1. "Our forefathers would be shooting by now"
    We can pull out all of our Mahatma Ghandi tactics we want, but the fact of the matter is India still falls under Brittish rule. We need to stand up to the liberal attacks. "When the wicked rule the people suffer". Stand up people of God and shake off your self placed chains! Enforce your constitutional contract with your government! We were justified at the Boston Tea Party and we're justified now. To arm! Get rid of your PC mentality and live free! Stand up to tyranny!

2. Ron Paul is too old?....MANY 20-year olds can't ride a bike 25 miles!....I do agree with the people that have totally given up on the two-party scam system....Ron Paul and ANY of the top 5 people voted in here for VP, would be fine with me, but NOT AS REPUBLICANS.....They are part of the elitists', NWO team.....I do agree with Steve Mauck on a different subject, when he said we must get rid of the Federal Reserve, so I'm sure he understands it was the work of Ron Paul & G.Edw.Griffin who brought this out in the open (I also give kudos , as did Griffin AND Ron Paul, to Alex Jones, whose self-admittedly obnoxious personality did spread the word about the FED, faster & further than Griffin's 30-year speaking circuit on the subject---Griffin said this on the Alex Jones show a couple years ago, and I never forgot it!....I read the Creature from Jekyll Island in 1995 and was blown away by it; never heard anything for it until 2007 when I first heard Ron Paul talk.....Ron Paul agreed with ME, not the other way around (I'm responding to all accusators of us being Paulbots).

3. Sorry, haven't voted since bush's fixed the vote. Mormon vs Obummer??? Ron didnt have a chance and he was the only one telling the truth!! Anyone ever been to Utah?? Watch your back in Salt Lake!! They do not like outsiders in there turf and you will learn that the hard way. Strong presence of evil there!
    And Obummer, total mystery there! Scares the hell out us simple folk, ask any teenager what they think about US gov. it will shock you! and this is our future.
    God help us. Before they completely outlaw you alltogether.
    Nine out of the ten people I've asked about voting said"whats the point were done anyway!!

• If you don't want to vote for the President (which I don't blame you), please consider voting in your local and state elections. This really is important.

4. Selecting a candidate would be better supported if the media didn't pre-conclude who the candidates should be, by selectively allowing exposure. Even Fox news has declined to provide comprehensive coverage of such as those participating in Ralph Naders Debate. Running Ralphs' debate on election day after 40% of the votes had already been cast was a farce.
    The supreme court has allowed for money to influence who we see and vote for. Somehow Ron Paul and his philosophy need to infiltrate the republican party such that we truly have a party for small government and individual liberties.
    If the media was wort its' salt it would hold people and official accountable but rather they find something to praise.
    I suggest that, since TV has become such a big part of our lives and cannot jut be turned off, that we make notes of the products advertized on the most offensive networks and boycott their products.
    Ron Paul and his like are our only hope, any plans to influence the people that influence the voters might be useful to people like myself.
    One example might be to look at the industries and organizations that bought defeat to Prop 37 and boycott all of them, Pepsico, monsanto, Dupont, etc.
    Keep with us Ron the roots are still there listening for direction.
    Bill

5. Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul

6. All of the republicans on there are socially conservative which will not win an election in 2016. Maybe it's time to find a democrat that is fiscally conservative because the libertarian party will not gain any ground without the 5% it didn't get.

7. Ron Paul is too old to be president. I say that being four years younger than he. I agree with the person who said that the first thing that needs to be done before we do anything else is to get the Federal Reserve out of our Country. That's Congress's job and they must do it. Then we will have our Country back and become America again. Instead of the amerika we are.

8. What is with this list? Rick Santorum? Really? I see this has been more about keeping Republicans in office, because Santorum is not about freedom but more so along the lines of the Spanish Inquisition. And C4L is also another Republican front. Freedom has to come from both sides of the isle. Playing Partisan is not a fight for freedom, but a cause for division. Very few on that list actually believe in Liberty and Freedom.

If it's about Liberty and Freedom, that list would not contain such religious zealots Santorum, Huckabee, and Ryan whom bent on taking away your rights. Seems like there are only about four people that might do the right thing on that list. I am disgusted by it.

9. I like Gary Johnson better than Ron Paul. He has an excellent platform that call for smaller government, free market capitalism and is pro civil liberties. He is also the only anti war candidate. Like alot of women, I would not vote for a pro life candidate. I do not understand how any woman could vote for a candidate who stated that her rape and pregnancy was God's will. Until men learn to respect women, the republican party is doomed.

• I do think Ron Paul needs to calm down on the pro-life thing, though I understand his position since he's a doctor. It's a difficult position, because neither abortion nor unwanted pregnancy are desirable. And a problem I think we should ultimately use science rather than politics to solve (better birth control, male birth control, etc). I am ok though with it being allowed in some states and not others as long as it's possible somewhere. I'm ok if abortions are a little harder to get as long as they aren't outlawed completely. Abortions should not be a method of birth control. Neither should women be forced to give birth against their wills. :-/ It's one of the most difficult problems in the first place.. I don't blame Paul for having integrity on this based on his experience, even if he's unable to see it from a woman's point of view. I will admit, it's his one blind spot. But I don't fault him, because abortion is far from desirable in the first place.

10. I am thinking I would like to see Condolisa Rice and Kay Bailey Hutchinson team up to run!
    It's time for very great women to run this country!!!

11. I don't want anyone but Ron as president. Even his son and Gary Johnson can't compare. I really hope he runs again in 2016. But finds some way to win this time! Maybe spending these next four years waking people up, I don't know. All I know is Ron Paul is one of a kind.

I am disappointed that he didn't find some way to continue, but it's not like anybody made it easy for him. Maybe he should have run Independent instead, but would it have done any good? At least he had an effect on the GOP this election which wouldn't have occurred without him.

12. Gary Johnson is a true Libertarian, He is strong on civil liberties with a platform that is pro choice, supportive of same sex marraige and advocates the legalization of marijuana. He supports limited government and is anti war. As a woman, I would not vote for a pro life candidate. Thereform I would not vote for Ron or Rand Paul because of their pro life and anti gay agenda. Furthermore, Rand Paul totally lost my respect when he voted for Monsanto and against GMO labeling. Gary Johnson is the only candidate that I respect and he has my vote.

13. "Ron Paul has what it takes (message,resolve,honesty) to save our country But Dr. Ron Paul has some detractors that will never allow his message to ever get any real traction.
    *Lack of presence, very reserved almost robot like, he’s old and it shows.
    *Lack of Charisma"

What on earth are you talking about? Ron Paul has tons of presence and charisma once you actually take a moment to listen and pay attention to him! I even think he's sexy and I've never thought that about a politician before and I'm like one third his age!!! I certainly can't say the same about Obama!

14. Next time please use a ranked choice poll, like those at www.demochoice.org .
    I put up several polls there (it's free) including Ron Paul.

15. I started to follow Ron Paul and his ideals ~6 years ago. I thought then as I do now that he would be one of our greatest presidents. Sadly in 2008 and 2012 he quit the running. That is seriously wrong. You start something then you should finish it. It is a serious character flaw to ramp up then drop out…… twice! The going gets tough and Dr. Paul quits the running. To add insult to injury Ron Paul has millions of followers and when he bailed at the last minute and did not show support for anyone else (support for Gary Johnson would have been nice). He left so many Americans bewildered and confused and sadly many did not vote or they went back to the GOP or Democrat candidates. I will not vote for or consider Ron Paul for 2016 because if he runs for presidency then he will only quit again.
    Luckily Gary Johnson is student of Dr. Paul’s beliefs and did not now and in the future will not quit. Just like to 2012 election I will be voting for Gary Johnson in 2016. America needs a candidate that will finish the race. Gary did not win but, he made great history and better tomorrow with proof that the “liberty” movement is strong and growing and will be victorious in the future.

16. i absolutly agree with Educate the masses. then let human power drive the process.

17. Why is everyone saying we need to do this , or do that. We need to cut off the head of the snake first, namely, the FEDERAL RESERVE.

Once that happens (like Iceland) we will begin the process of recovery. Until then the financial elite, the statists, the neo-cons, and their associated corporations will continue down that path of destruction for America.

Support the Audit the Fed Bill. It is the most important bill in America's history. Push your senators now, while the iron is hot. Just think of the power that they stolen from US. This is the straw that stirs the diabolical drink! WAKE UP !!!!!!!

18. Someone unknown, but lives our values in their action and words....then put united support behind that singular powerful voice....to much infighting with conservatives. To move we have to move as one, in sync step by step from now till 2016.

19. Ron Paul has what it takes (message,resolve,honesty) to save our country But Dr. Ron Paul has some detractors that will never allow his message to ever get any real traction.
    *Lack of presence, very reserved almost robot like, he's old and it shows.
    *Lack of Charisma

Rand Paul has the message and the resolve and in addition has none of the weaknesses that his father has. Hopefully the people who have the means and the desire to pull our country out of this "death spiral" will soon recognize this and support him soon.

In closing I would like to say to Dr. Ron Paul, "It's time to step aside and allow your prodigy to shine and save us from ourselves".

IMO

20. This question poses a choice for "our best hope". Just who or what does "our" refer to? The placement of Jeb Bush, turncoat Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum, & Rick Perry on this list makes it the best hope for the neo-cons. Shucks, why not put Mitt Romney on the list and give him another chance?

Dennis Kucinich, while a Democrat, is a valid consideration, but his domestic policies are a little too socialist for this crowd. But he is no neo-con, like those above.

There are some great pro-liberty Senators and Congressmen that were left off this list, such as Jim DeMint and Mike Lee. There are a few lesser pro-liberty Senators like Ron Johnson, Jerry Moran and Pat Toomey. I would not yet trust Ted Cruz or Deb Fischer. They need to demonstrate the depth of their conviction in the Senate. We don't need another tea-party turncoat like Scott Brown of Massachusetts or Marco Rubio of Florida.

In the House, Justin Amash has certainly demonstrated his conviction, but Congressmen don't get the prominence that Senators get. Ron Paul got it because he was at it for so long and he was unique. Plus it was his third run.

If the election system lasts until 2016, we will need to win that time around. There are rumors that Obama will seek a third term. He hasn't paid any attention to the Constitution for the last four years. Why would he be bothered by it in 2016?

If Ron Paul is willing to run again in 2016, I'm all for him. His son Rand would be a distant second choice. Forget the Paul / Paul ticket - Neither Americans nor the Pauls would seek a dynasty like the Bushes and Roosevelts. It is my belief that Rand Paul was simply playing politics to back Romney. Looking at the issues he has raised, and the fact that he really is standing alone on many of those issues, makes him much like his father in that regard. Gary Johnson would be an even more distant third choice. Johnson wants to replace the IRS with a sales tax, while we don't really need any taxes. Plus Johnson would keep many troops overseas. Also he is stuck on this 43% idea. He really doesn't get it, like Ron Paul does, about REALLY cutting government. Johnson is a far sight better than any of the neo-cons, but conceptually he has a long way to go.

Other pro-liberty persons on the list - Andrew Napolitano, Jesse Ventura, Peter Schiff - while all very trustworthy, none hold national attention in the political arena. Schiff lost in the Connecticut primary and is an unknown to many people. He is a great economist, but real economics is over the head of most people. Ventura is really too polarizing. He won't even consider joining the Republican or Democratic parties. Napolitano, while he did serve as a judge, he has held no office giving him a national image on the political scene. He has made himself primarily a journalist.

We really need another such poll, but without all the neo-cons. Whoever made this poll, what were you thinking when you put Jeb Bush, Rick Santorum and Rick Perry on this list? The banner of this website says "Fan Site" of Ron Paul and promotes the Ron Paul REVOLUTION. Are Bush, Santorum and Perry going to help us with that? I don't think so.