Ron Paul: A New Beginning

259 Responses

by Ron Paul

America is over $16 trillion in debt. The “official” unemployment rate still hovers around 8%.

Our federal government claims the right to spy on American citizens, indefinitely detain them, and even assassinate them without trial.

Domestic drones fly over the country for civilian surveillance.

Twelve million fewer Americans voted in 2012 than in 2008, yet political pundits scratch their heads.

It’s not hard to see why, though.

To go along with endorsing a never-ending policy of bailouts, “stimulus packages,” and foreign military adventurism, the establishment of neither major party questions the assaults on Americans’ liberties I’ve named above.

As my campaign showed, the American people are fed up. Many realized heading into Tuesday that regardless of who won the presidential election, the status quo would be the real victor.

GOP leadership is now questioning why they didn’t perform better.

They’re looking at demographic changes in the United States and implying minorities can only be brought into the party by loudly advocating for abandoning what little remains of their limited government platform and endorsing more statist policies.

My presidential campaign proved that standing for freedom brings people together.

Liberty is popular – regardless of race, religion, or creed.

As long as the GOP establishment continues to not only reject the liberty message, but actively drive away the young, diverse coalition that supports those principles, it will see results similar to Tuesday’s outcome.

A renewed respect for liberty is the only way forward for the Republican Party and for our country.

I urge all my Republican colleagues to join the liberty movement in fighting for a brighter future.

Ron Paul

Processing your request, Please wait....

259 responses to “Ron Paul: A New Beginning”

1. marble install

Ηello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    wherе I could locate a captchaa plugin foг mу comment form?
    I'm usіng the same blog platform as yours and
    I'm hаving difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

2. Richard Petersen

Liberal Conservative
    Individual Freedom Collectivism
    War Peace
    The pairing of these forces as opposites
    Has stalled our progress
    Both brakes and accelerators are needed to move a car safely forward
    Wisdom is knowing what to apply and when
    Learn from the surgeon
    He cuts to heal!
    Mr P
    Http://www.goldmoneyparty.com
    Words and silence are necessary in any meaningful conversation
    Between Liberal and Conservative

3. alfonso angel

one thing came to be you sir ignited the fuse were is going to end no one nows whatch out boom chew on this

4. Hatice

Repuclicans should have their own government. We should have Two President, One Republican for South, One Democrat for North. South should split. This Country is way to big for one President, to solve & rule our nation problems. I like the new idea seperating the U.S.A.
    Every State is different, U.S.A government should not force their only law for whole nation. Those don't want high tax, they should not pay high tax. It is their decision not paying high tax, this way our Corporates can come back to U.S.A instead of paying foreign workers. If I want to live in South, then I should accept the law in South. If I want to live North I should have right to live there & obey their law. Chinese government spends only 1/5 for their military spending. U.S.A is way to big & the government invests way to much money in military, instead for our nation. Let the filthy rich bring back their business, or we will collapse totally. I don't know how else our nation can solve our problem. We are just an ignorant citizens, we Voted, still we are called( cattle).
    If we are Cattle, then why do our Politicians need our Vote?
    We are not Cattle, not all of us, some poeple yeah, they just don't care who rules, what is coming, as long as they get their KFC chicken :)))
    We keep Voting, but nothing is changing.
    Like our President Obama said: Vote for Revenge! revenge from who?
    We don't Vote for revenge, we Vote because we want our nation to get better.
    Mr. Ron Paul, you are the only intelligent Politician deserves to be our President.
    I feel like you are cheated, like Mitt Romney.
    Next Vote they will not cheat you. I will Vote for you again.

5. Surfisher

***ALL 50 States have started Secession Petitions!***

The cracks are beginning to show — Secession is but a precursor!

6. nevadasmith

Time again to Re-Post what may have been the best comment of this past Election Cycle. Thank You Greevous, where ever you are.
    Greevous
    I'll write in RP's name before I'll vote for Romney. You neocons are the rot of our republic and need to be pushed out of your positions of influence, NOW, before the wheels fall of this once great nation.
    Mahatma Gandhi said: "These are the roots of violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle."
    You neocons tacitly want every single one of those things above. You're sewing the seeds of violence everywhere in the name of greed and acquisition, and you refuse to see what is plainly obvious to anyone who makes less than $150k a year.
    What we want in the RP camp is a revolution within conservative circles that PUTS RIGHT every one of those issues above -- more Reagan than Nixon! We WILL accomplish that objective, whether RP wins the Presidency or not -- RP is currently our standard bearer, but we're not going ANYWHERE. Your days of power and influence are numbered, neocons. Your pinstripe suits and bow ties are about to be replaced by the t-shirts, jeans, and camo fatigues of the regular people and military veterans who agree with the Founders, and Gandi, not with Wall Street Banks and the Military Industrial Complex.
    Luckily you'll benefit from this revolution as well (so will the democrats), so just sit back, let go, and learn for a change. It's about time you admit that you've run the party into the ground (thanks Bush-ites), now let some folks with motivation and ability right the ship. The only reason you're still in positions of influence is that not enough Republicans are actually plugged in to the process -- you've succeeded in creating a party of zombies -- great job. It's time to start cleaning up the Republican zombie apocalypse, which is precisely what we're doing. We will play by the rules, but make no mistake: We will not be deterred. We will not go away. We will not stop. We will prevail.

7. Alice Lillie

I did vote for Gary Johnson. He was second-best, second only to Dr. Paul himself. My state does not have any write-in capabilities so could not write in Paul. I wish there had been a count of Paul write-ins.

Anyway, I realize this is not exactly the topic, but because Dr. Paul knows exactly what is going on on the inside, there is something I *NEED* to find out from a reliable source.

If you have a way to get this forwarded to the Paul office or to Dr. Paul himself, please do.

Exactly what is all this about the possible taking of Individual Retirement Accounts? There have been numerous internet articles about some sort of change in the law regarding these which, according to these, amounts to a taking of them in an effort to pay down the national debt.

Some day this debt is going to cause push to come to shove. We all know that of course, and it won't be pretty. But since I have gone to lengths to bolster my IRA I need this particular information. Thank you.

8. Jim Coco

We need to be pro-active about our health people! Especially if we're being forced into this plan. WHy aren't the talk-radio guys mentioning Ron's name? John HUnts said their mistake was that they weren't listening to the young people. No kidding! I don't think we listen to the old people either. In all their efforts to win over women and hispanics they forgot about the veterans and the working man.

9. Ericka

Secession Inspiration..."Land of Diminished Distinctions", Read it People!!!

10. Surfisher

***Petition for Texas to secede from US reaches threshold for White House response***

The People are finally Waking Up!
    -----------------------------------------

The petition on WhiteHouse.gov asks the Obama administration to "peacefully grant the State of Texas to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own new government." The petition had surpassed 34,000 signatures as of Monday evening.

(interesting language: "to peacefully grant"...what would happen if it is not peacefully granted?)

Similar petitions from other states have also been filed including: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Tennessee. However, unlike the petition from Texas, none of these states had reached the 25,000-signature threshold to get an official White House response as of Monday evening (with 30 days to go, how many States would also qualify?)!

Here is the MSM link (with their usual spin):

11. jim

Again, the country will be gone by 2016. The time to act is now.

12. Surfisher

BREAKING NEWS!

The People are finally Waking Up!
    ----------------------------------------------------

Similar petitions from other states have also been filed including: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Tennessee. However, unlike the petition from Texas, none of these states had reached the 25,000-signature threshold to get an official White House response as of Monday evening.

13. Avery

Mr. Paul,
    I believe that what we need is a party that identifies certain valid truths and holds them sacred. We need to list these sacred issues in a charte and let them stand as our platform. When one joins the party they sign a pledge to uphold these truths and work to achieve the goals set forth. It all can start in our backyards at the grass roots level. My first truth is that the money issued by our government must be backed by gold or some other worthy hard currency. The first goal in achieving this truth is that the current currency should be abolished along with the untold debt that has accrued due to in part to wall street thievery, military industrial complex users and big government abduction of what was our legacy.

14. b turley

as long as we have dem. and rep. nothing will change
    greedisgreed, thieves are thieves

corporate america is our enemy not tali ban are any one else they can fuk over
    reveloution is the only answer

15. Terry Kayser

Mr. Paul, I sincerly hope you dont give up on running for President. I also hope you mean what you say and say what you mean. As a politician I know it can be hard to keep promises and do what you say you will. What will it take to get you in office? I will help you in any way I can, if you mean what you say. This country is desperate for you. I know it can be hard to do the right thing in this world when your surronded with crooks, thieves, and liars, but I believe your sincere. I know if you mean what you say you could go down as one of the greatest Presidents ever. This country needs a real leader as President, not some puppet who's strings are being pulled by some rich banker. I'm always telling people about you. Putting out the word. Planting that seed. If we survive till 2016 I hope you run again. I think by then people will take you more seriously. I believe by then people may even be saying "What the hell. What do I have to lose". Thank you so much Mr. Paul.

16. rich

I like fiscal conservatism. However, to my knowledge you did not endorse Mitt nor direct your followers to do so, nor to campaign heartily for Mitt. Thus, you may have allowed BHO to claim reelection and give us conservatives another 4 years of pain & misery, AND our country and our Constitutional values to be shredded & destroyed. There may be nothing worthwhile left to save in 4 years; we may just have a liberal dictatorship.

1. val

I almost feel that our only way out is for the fall to come fast and hard. No more putting a band-aid on the severed arm, it will not work and the longer we prolong the inevitable the harder and longer the reconstruction will be. They the socialist/marxist grow stronger on our backs. We keep feeding the beast and they grow their numbers. The base for the far left will become more dangerous with time. Time is our enemy. I don't want to push this down the road. It means less of us who can stand up and rebuild/and -or fight are gone. We have a society of idiots. It's getting very dark out there. I may sound like a typical conspiracy nut job, but, I see no evidence that anything can be made better by going down this path of trying to pacify. I say let's get it over with and do the right thing.

1 5 6 7