7,790 responses to “Ron Paul’s Farewell Address to Congress”

1. upinsmoke262

taxpayers dollars hard at work? ROFL

2. Marc Lane

Well I'm not too hot on some democrats either. I'm a leftist, there are things I feel the current administration has not done. He hasn't ended the drug war, he hasn't ended the drone strikes, he hasn't shut down these stupid arguments about "clean" coal, he hasn't drastically increased taxes on the wealthy, and hasn't increased investments to education. Ron Paul might be right on the first two, but on the other ones he has all the wrong ideas.

3. Marc Lane

4. TheLibran1

Did you even listen to his speech all the way through? More than not caring about wether your black, white or other. He expressed empathy greater than the word
    "tolerance" might suggest to some people. In the same way he says in more ways than one that whatever you do consensually or in the privacy of your own home is your choice!

5. TheLibran1

6. Marc Lane

and I agree that as a person, Ron Paul is a gem of a person. I don't agree with his solutions though. I think we need a larger government, with more programs helping people, and tax the 1% more.

7. Marc Lane

8. Marc Lane

No, but his solution =/= working.

9. Marc Lane

No, but his solution =/= working.

10. Marc Lane

Because I think a larger government not a smaller one is the solution to our problems. The solution to get us out of this hole isn't less government spending, its more. I think there are many government programs that do more good than the free market ever could, and Congressman Paul wants to do away with all of them. Things like education shouldn't be up to the whims of the market, education is a right.

11. Marc Lane

12. Marc Lane

What impoverished public? America has some of the lowest tax rates in the world! Look at the tax code, the impoverished part of the public pays very little taxes. I should know, I'm one of them. The problem with this country is that very rich people refuse to pay taxes because they think that some how their wealth will trickle down, and in other circumstances, they might be right, but right now they're just sitting on their wealth and we all suffer. Step in the Government and screw them over.

13. Marc Lane

14. harris aziz

exactly both guys bashed China and no chance can they take on China at this time with China becoming the new super power of the world. Ron Paul's policies have always been truthful, he stated himself that american occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan should of never happened and here we stand corrected

its just saddening to see someone who was trying really hard to change the system has now gone.

15. harris aziz

16. Marc Lane

I'm a progressive, I'm against wasteful spending, but I'm also against getting rid of it completely. There are things that the government SHOULD invest in, like green energy (and don't give me the Mitt Romney argument, because only 3 of 36 companies failed), education by helping bright minds of all backgrounds achieve their potential. Ron Paul is right on many things but he is dead wrong about the role of government. There are things the market cannot solve, and that's where we need government.

17. Marc Lane

18. Marc Lane

Articulate and Urbane. Look people, a troll in his natural habitat

19. Marc Lane

Articulate and Urbane. Look people, a troll in his natural habitat

20. ferretace

LOL XD

21. ferretace

LOL XD

22. Bert Powers

A man among boys. He was our last, best hope. Rand Paul may pick up his mantle and champion all of his causes, I hope he does.

23. Bert Powers

24. sal64london

watch?v=-5ik6VPRlIs&feature=plcp

25. sal64london

watch?v=-5ik6VPRlIs&feature=plcp

26. bowmaker11

america doesn't want him it seems.

27. bowmaker11

america doesn't want him it seems.

28. eyecoin

now its 205

29. eyecoin

now its 205

30. AgentGustavo

His ideas are inspiring, specially those on foreign policy and the federal reserve system, he fits very well with the people at TED. It's extrememly rare to find a politician with a mind of his own, he certainty has one.

31. AgentGustavo

32. whoRwe02

For better understanding of this speech - you may click the Interactive Transcript Icon below the video

33. jedslather

I can inform you that NATO just declared ready to assist Turkey against Syria! Now we all know what that means! Get ready SHTF....

34. OCTAGONtheBook

Im a former US ARMY Combat MEDIC, Ive written a 450 page political book that
    im giving the royalties away for terminally ill children. APlease
    check out the trailer to my book, by clicking my youtube username.
    GOD BLESS RON PAUL !!!!!

35. OCTAGONtheBook

Im a former US ARMY Combat MEDIC, Ive written a 450 page political book that
    im giving the royalties away for terminally ill children. APlease
    check out the trailer to my book, by clicking my youtube username.
    GOD BLESS RON PAUL !!!!!