7,790 responses to “Ron Paul’s Farewell Address to Congress”

1. usctrojanscal

oh my

2. TheMasterofrevenge

ron paul...isnt he the guy who refused to run as an independent even though he might have had a chance to win. isnt he also the guy that refused to put his support behind gary johnson- the libertarian candidate for president- who supported HIM in 2008. Paul's words are only that...WORDS, and he is nothing more than a TURD!...about time he retired and stopped living off the public dole

3. RapsAlive

lol

4. Filip Minic

Consider Norway, it's one of the most socialist countries with an open market and it has the highest standard of living, in many aspects. It's true that it might seem unfair for you to give money for somebody else, but it's the very same system that you live in and if you were or are in a worse position would give you the help you need to advance. My policy is advancement under the premise that by your advancement so no1 other is damaged. Pure capitalism promotes a live or die policy.

5. Colton Baker

It's actually really hard to like this video. It's sad to see him retire.

6. MAMARGALLO

This is another stupid puppet warmongers Zionist Jews alert the American people do not let the Zionists treat them as their exclavos, we must exterminate.

7. Filip Minic

No not really, of course all of us pay for it, if you go by the logic that we should behave like animals or Darwinian evolution then you will create a very dangerous society indeed. Imagine living in a culture where everything is uncertain and those of us who had less luck in life, I mean all types of luck, genes or whatever, just because some1 is born with bad genes does it mean it that we should make them suffer for it,there is a simple principle of pareto which I consider as a good rule.

8. hofergodt1

The Americans always look only at the packaging is nice. It does not matter what's inside. You can sell crap to Americans if only the packaged is beautifully. You are about to go bankrupt and the only thing that matters is how often do your president to church?? I begin to doubt whether USA are fit to be the leader of the civilized world. You may well still, for a period, have the muscles but hardly longer the brain.

9. bluerock115

CNN and Fox???? You have to wake up my friend. They are the last ones who want people to listen to this.

10. JohnnyT3n

My solution is that all regulation and taxes expire after 8 years. It then takes more votes than you had the first time to keep it. So simple.

Vote for me for president.

11. shurutugal

This should be broadcast on CNN/fox news all day...

12. Robert Orth

To me Ron Paul is a true Patriot God Bless him. Using Ron Paul's words of wisdom for inspiration let us all take his lead and follow the leader within. Ask not what Ron Paul can do for you but rather ask what you can do for Ron Paul. He truly represents our country and the ideals of USA.

13. ComradeBuka

I sympathize with the inalienable rights, but I see a problem if those same rights are dependent on a small government, or worse a private government.

The term "small" is subjective, but it is the only reference I have since those advocating a small government in the name of liberty, never specify what a small government really is, in practical terms.

The problem I see is that if there is no one to regulate the free market, for profit interests will run amok. That is the worry of mine.

14. esmooth200

207 people dislike this video because they are parasites and a true cancer to America and to the countries who are invaded and bombed for no reason killing innocent men, women, and children. The individuals, like the 207 disliking this video, are the ones we need to identify, bring to justice on a global scale, and get rid of completely, it's a lot more of us than them.

15. Cohen

Traduction

16. Robert Waldon

omg omg omg! i can't believe it! It's Ron Paul's final farewa---

*thud*

oh snap, i just dropped the last FUCK i had to give....

17. esmooth200

Yes he should have, but he would have received the JFK treatment, but I guess it's better to stand, fight, and die for something rather than to sit on the side line and be bullied like a punk. It's we the people that need to keep the fire going with Ron Paul's speeches, we must continue to raise CONTINUED awareness of who the real enemy is within our country and after do it on a global scale. But I am sure those who's countries are being bombed and invaded recognize who the enemy is.

18. melodicdreamer72

In its entirety, the practical terms of individual rights (which tie directly into property rights) can take up many pages. These are the inalienable rights of the individual to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness - what I do to pursue my happiness should not infringe upon you capability to do so as well. Since your question is a bit broad, if you give me a scenario or something more to go on, I will go further into the practicality of my statement.

19. bluerock115

JFK speech on secret societies and this RP speech are very powerful.

20. toria555

And I didn't mind working 3 jobs, I don't watch tv and I'm not lazy. For someone who is lazy and wants everything handed to them, I could see how that would be a problem for them.

21. whoRwe02

I don't need to be funny - air is still free and dreaming we can live in a disease-free environment.

22. MsMotoconcho

Ron Paul is and will always be...

23. toria555

I think there is something wrong with the current price of education. That will be the next bubble to burst. But the price of education has gone up sharply since the Federal government got into the student loan business. People used to be able to work with their way through and not have any loans. That's the way it should be. It should NOT be FREE. People who get free college education take advantage and don't appreciate it. If they want to party, let them do it on their dime not tax payers.

24. MsMotoconcho

There's no such thing as free. Somebody's always paying for it.

25. omzdog

So we can spend $689 Billion dollars on Defense spending but we can't have free education? Don't you think there is something wrong when you have to work 3 jobs to pay for tuition? During the 70's families didn't usually have to take huge student loans and a teen could work during the summer from one retail job to pay for one annual payment for tuition/housing/food etc. Don't you think something's wrong?

26. RaimonTarou

So sad he's leaving

27. vonMisesHayek

Ayn Rand? No, he tends to follow Ludwig von Mises and the Austrian school of economics. No need to even bother responding to the rest of your message. It's obvious that you haven't even bothered to do one bit of research on the man.

28. ComradeBuka

"The power is supposed to be in the hands of the people in the form of individual and private property rights."

What does that mean practically?

29. toria555

And I believe your are confused about the definition of tyranny. Tyranny is forcing people to do something they may not want to do. Like pay for someone elses education. If someone really wants to go to college, they will find a way. I did. I worked 3 jobs and I'm sure I appreciate my education 10x more than anyone who was given a "free" ride. I'm guessing you are one of those lazy liberals that want everyone to do pay for everything for you. Get off your ass and do it yourself.

30. whoRwe02

You don't want to be allowed taking grains to a tribe believed by a WW2 leader who once hated this tribe. If this speech found you that way - it is your own orientation.

31. nokilla1

it's amazing and honestly terrifying that we had a man like this running for President and we ended up with someone like Obama...I work for the government but would happily lose my job if it was for the good of our country...which many believe it would be

32. melodicdreamer72

I think you are missing the point that the big corporations are using the power amassed by the Federal Government to their whim. That is when big government is dangerous. Right now the Federal Government is just a big auction house that hands goodies to the highest bidder. The power is supposed to be in the hands of the people in the form of individual and private property rights. If those are protected, corporations and special interest groups do not end up with the power you are referring to.

33. toria555

Free comes with a price. And our government doesn't have a good track record in the dept of Education. Look at our current failing test scores and schools. Some things should be earned, HIGHER education is one of them. I know people who got "free" college and they wasted it because they weren't paying for it. There is a college in IL that offers free 1st year for inner city kids, most flunk out. All the good schools in the US are private. I don't know anybody that has gone to Norway for school.

34. ENDtheFED2012

and who pays for all of this free education? who pays for the school buildings, teachers and books/supplies?
    who pays for the hospital buildings, doctors and medical supplies?
    it's NOT just humans that are greedy and selfish, all animals are.
    i take it you are a believer in the Venus Project/Zeitgeist Movement and a socialist utopia?!

35. profnasty

I might as well go out and talk to a wall.
    'cause of these words I talk have no effect at all.

1 76 77 78 79 80 223