Poll: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2016?

187 Responses

[poll id="88"]

Processing your request, Please wait....

187 responses to “Poll: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2016?”

1. DeWayne

I am resolutely against voting for anyone with the tag "Dem or Gop", I (will) vote for anyone radically commited to returning the US Constitution, Fed Law, eliminate the CIA-Paramilitary, Homeland Security, Fed Reserve (bankers), and trying the entire Bush Administration for 'Crimes Against Humanity'.

How we will get from under the Ruling Elite and our $54 Trillion dollar debt I do not know, perhaps taxing the Fed Reserve (Banks) at 6% would be a starter. There is no doubt that the Defense Dept and Pentagon should be down sized by about 75%, I would also like to see an effort internationally, to split up the Four Sister Oil-Cartel ito a divergent 100-piece (each wholesale only and Retail only) operation, with no crossover in investment nor holding office in Corp.

Yes, Corp's are not entities, no campaign contribution needs be over $1,000.00 per individual citizen.

2. kathy m

Thanks to 12 who gave me thumbs up..........Kathy

3. Researcher

Until we get rid of electronic voting controlled by PRIVATE CORPORATIONS and all the vote fraud that neither "party" seems willing to do anything meaningful about, voting is just an exercise in futility !!

In 2008, 7,500+ deceased people voted in Florida alone !! Chicago and Louisiana are infamous for their cemeteries voting. In the Republican Primary in one of the New England states, John McCain won it with an even dead on 70% across the entire state ????

I could go on for hours with like instances, but why, everybody with an intelligence knows this but does NOTHING ??

4. Mozie

I am one of the few who voted "no." Ron Paul should not run because he does not want to run. We all talk about freedom and choices, and it's like we don't want to give him the choice and freedom to retire. I do understand some other points made--about the mainstream's reaction to his age, the terrible way he was treated by the RNC, his 3 failed presidential runs, etc.--that also argue against his running in '16. He said "no"; "no" means "no," and that's all we need to know.

5. Confederate at Heart

I hope anyone will run who is not :
    A. Bought by Big Corporate america
    B. Bought by the Media
    C. Bought by Hollywood
    D. Bought by Lobbyism (what else do you call it)
    E. Bought by NWO Elitists

We need someone who is bound by the fundamentals of what placed this country on the map. Be it Ron Paul, Rand Paul or Daffy Duck someone
    other than what Mainstream has been pumping out for the last 75+ years.

6. Ken Danagger

Voting for a presidential candidate in the general election is next to useless. You may have some voice at the local level, but that's it. The two party political system is a fraud and a charade. The "winning candidate" is selected long before the so called election. The election is nothing more than a reality show to convince you that you have a choice - YOU DON'T.
    The only way to get a candidate in high office that supports individual liberty and freedom is by direct deception of the political duopoly. That is going to be very difficult.

I'm increasingly convinced that our grossly corrupt political system must totally collapse before we have a chance to rebuild an honest government. That is likely to be extremely painful, but it may be the only way.

“Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.” ― Thomas Jefferson

7. Bill Dance

Until we stand up and fix the voting fraud, the honest candidate will never have a chance. We need a third party to be recognized by the media to make it fair.

8. Charlene Dryer

RP. Sorry, he's a nutball religious freak who would deny women the right to abortion. No matter how great his financial expertise is.

1. oscar yeager

Too bad your mother didnt exercise her right to abortion, well, it's never too late right?

9. Charlene Dryer

Of course, he should run. The democratic candidates will need him to divide the republi-nuts again.

10. Bill Owens

Dr. Ron Paul is exactly what a politician should be HONEST !!
    Nobody cant deny that, they just have to look at his voting record !
    But he is not only honest he is also a super intelligent person who can
    see where this great country is going long before all these other
    so called "representatives" who are too busy spending the
    "contributions" (read "bribes") that they receive from the
    multinationals..... TOO MUCH MONEY IN ELECTIONS...
    And this may seem outspoken but I think he is the ONLY
    POLITICIAN in the U.S.A. WHO IS TRULY HONEST !!!
    and that is a very very sad thing to say anno 2012.
    I hope Ron Paul runs as an INDEPENDANT next time,
    someone has to break the monoply of the two party system !!
    AGE DOES NOT MATTER... IT IS THE CONTENT OF THE MESSAGE
    THAT IS IMPORTANT !!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

11. Jared Myers

Ron Paul's time in D.C. is over, and the sooner we accept that the better equipped we will be to move forward for liberty. Rand Paul is the future (as far as 2016 is concerned -- and spare me the nonsense about how his "endorsement" of Romney disqualifies him), and we would be wise to start a grassroots effort on his behalf NOW. What Ron should do is go home and run for Governor of Texas in the next gubernatorial election.

12. Tim

Look, I love Ron Paul, but we that do, are the few minority. The American people are so swayed by the media, that there is no way Ron will win a nomination (I wish I was wrong). The media makes fun of Ron each chance they get, yet his ideas have been picked up by both sides and used in their own agenda. His Son has a lot of his ideas and I think would be a better pick at least talking media. The GOP needs to change and change fast or this country will be so broke, people will be illegally immigrating into Mexico.

13. john edwards

In the GOP Primary of 2012 the fix was in Ron Paul won but Mitt got the nomination. No sence of running in 16 if you`ve lost before you start. Time to rethink a few things.

14. Ridin' Dirty

Ron Paul has been a joke.

Since he has been cashing lucrative government checks, the size and scope of government has expanded to a survival level threat to the Republic. Sure it wasn't his fault, but what good has he been?

The guy is a disgrace and those anarchist drones that checked out of the political process because they don't have a perfect candidate in the republican party have essentially handed the Supreme Court over to the hard Left for an eternity.

You libertarian drones want change? I got news for you, it ain't going to happen overnight and it will never happen if you check out of the political process because you don't get Murray Rothbard on your ticket.

You want change?

Make inroads into the republican party and began the process of throwing out the moderates by hook or crook --- in time we may have a critical mass of Tea Party and libertarian control that enables us to bring viable government crushing candidates to the fore -- but this childish fantasy that you won't participate because a moderate runs for office is self-destructive and only serves the hard Left who brought us social security and government managed health care -- the two most oppressive drivers of government overreach.

Indeed, without these entitlements, the USA has a trillion dollar surpluses year over year during both the Bush and Obama presidencies.

Yeah, I know it aint perfect, and I know we can do better, but lets start by infiltrating the republican party rather than running from the only main stream option necessary to force substantive change.

Shut up, put your big boy pants on, and get back in the game -- your country needs you.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 19

15. Leigh

Ron Paul is a young old man. He could live to be 100, so I will vote for him if he wants to run in 2016, but he should run as an Independent. The RNC is a bunch of crooks, and I am leaving that party.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 21 Thumb down 2

16. Robert Tudor

Ron Paul was the only hope for our country. Many so called "conservatives" or Republicans didn't like him simply because they've never heard of him or thought he was too old. He should not run in 2016 because the stigma would be even worse that he is too old and the establishment will portray him as a 3-time failed Presidential candidate. I am not excited about Rand. His endorsement of Romney says it all. Let's try someone like Justin Amash or Judge Nepalitano.

17. Dawn

Definitely!!!!!! He should run with Rand running as vice president. :-)

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 1

18. kathy m

Maybe we should listen to Rand Paul with an open mind..the apple can't fall that far from the tree

19. eric

Yes, he should run again!! i will write him in again anyways!!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

20. Judy

Ron Paul should run on a new third party based on a broad coalition of independents, libertarians, anti militarists & anti imperialists, fiscal conservatives, & diverse as to gender, class, & ethnicity. This already exists. It needs to grow. I haven't yet heard a voice as articulate & thoughtful, free of talking points, ready to discuss issues firmly & clearly, simply & not dogmatically as ron paul. Need to get on the ballot in all the states & qualify for the presidential debates, The 2 dominant parties have the system pretty locked up which is a reason for using one of them instead of creating a new one, but even if the RP independent 3rd party didn't win, it could help the country a lot with its influence, Perot & supporters did this in 92, running on national debt reduction, ending deficit spending, normalizing relations with military enemies, reducing wasteful aggressive stances, voters left both parties in droves, Perot driven out of the campaign by media smear, withdrew strategically, stealthy, came back in last minute to deliver message powerfully in media using campaigns own money, too late to silence him, got the message out in the debates, got 20% of the popular vote, that's huge, & the two Parties had to take notice and deal with the message. First, Clinton withdrew from Somalia, reversing the bush policy of involving US another quagmire unending war with no clear goals(but apparently motivated by oil companies wanting to develop petrol resources). Clinton withdrew quick & the two parties soon achieved spending surplus, military spending cut, bases closed, debt balance reduced, welfare reform. The point is, without Perots popularity taking away a decisive number of votes from the two partie, no one would've been talking about the growing debt at all. The influence of this message across all diverse sectors of the society caused the two parties to respond to it, they could not ignore it

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 22 Thumb down 1

21. Greg

With Johnson garnering less than 1% of the vote in 12 a d having been a total non event news wise why not Ron......you could double Johnson's vote and look at the statement you'll make!!!!!!!

22. David Segesta

I love Ron Paul. I wrote to him and encouraged him to run even before he announced his 2008 campaign. But the age is starting to work against him. Yeah I know even if he was deceased he would be better than Obama or Romney, but the voters don't see it that way. Also he is not a great speaker. Rand Paul is not quite Ron Paul but he's a huge improvement over O or Romney, and he's a better speaker than Ron.

Rand in 2016!

23. Robert Van Nieuwenhuise

I served my country and took an oath to defend the people of the USA against tyranny and it enemies. It implied against communism and socialism as well. Unfortunately this election showed how mindlessly naive (ignorant) some American voters really are. How many of them believe that money grows from the government tree? 52%! I hope not all of them. NO MONEY in the USA has ever come from anything but PRIVATE INDUSTRY. US Military 100 % funded by private funds, taxed or stolen from private industry or our citizens. Even the Taxes my grandfather, father and I paid while in the US Military and in combat came from private industry or USA citizens working in PRIVATE Industry. Cuba is a good economic example of what happens to a country run by a socialistic government like we just elected. The Democrats want to fund education, fund wind power, fund this, fund that with absolutely no idea where the funds come from. Entitlements are all funded by citizens working for or the private industries themselves. So if you vote against them, fight against them, you can have all the entitlements in the world but, they will no longer be funded. Fighting private industry is financial suicide. I am not for big bad businessmen. I am for the ones that work themselves to death for those that don't and don't appreciate our donations! I don't mind helping but come on!!!!

I think Romney failed to connect because frankly, he did not realize how ignorant, lazy, irresponsible, immature and just plain unworthy of the title: American, citizens of the USA have become. 48% of us still can count past ME (ME ME ME!). The world now knows how freeless, ignorant and actually lazy we have become and they laugh at us every day. I have worked in private industry 40 of my 44 years working and I will have to continue so I can pay people that work in a government or are supported by entitlements, (earned or weasled out) so that they can retire and they can get free medicine while I have to pay twice as much for medical in 2013, pay more taxes in 2013,2014,2015 and 2016 so that I can't save for my retirement that I can't get because I do work. I pay retirees retirements so I can't get any and that is why I have work. I can't retire because YOU are spending my retirement money. Wish you appreciated my sacrifice for you but somehow I know you don't even care. Basically workers are slaves in the USA for those that don't work. For whatever reason. Slavery is back. All private industry workers are slaves. We have to work so others can get what we work to EARN. Illegals make three times as much per hour as RETAIL workers get paid. They work hard but they and their employers don't pay SSAN, Medicaid, Medicaire, Workmen's Comp, Insurance, etc. Seems a bit unfair (it is ALOT UNFAIR). So please call your stealing, anti-racism, anti-discrimination, anti-immigrant mindless name calling words what they mean: slavery for any one that works in the private sector. My family never ever made anyone or had slaves. That is why they came here. That is why they worked. What is wrong with OBAMANITES

When I or my children go overseas, the countrymen there are always surprised that some Americans, still think, WORK HARD and don't whine like babies crying fo a bottle everytime they don't get what they want. Yes 52% of Americans are unworthy of the title, even retired medal winners that FORGOT what they are, what they are supposed to be. Americans! We should make it possible for those that have worked 40+ years to get some benefits and retirement but we can't. Workers are robbed by the IRS for YOUR money and YOUR other benefits. Working never hurt anyone. It makes one healthier. So GET TO WORK!

The US Government spent 48% of the entire budget on Education when I was in public school. They now only spend 16%. The quality is partly the result of less expenditure. However, the US Government spends so much money paying entitlements, debt for borrowed entitlement money that there isn't money for education, the military, etc. I spent over $150,000 in private schools so my children could get an education while I paid an enormous share of taxes so the public schools that teach no one could continue as they were (worthless). You may have lived where the public schools actually teach and actually have students that want to learn. I am not. The Naive people here have just funded with my taxes the enormous upgrade of the schools that are hollow in educational content. Some of the teachers are good to excellent but most are not and it crosses all ethnic, cultural, racial and sexual boundaries. Good news though, the bad teachers have a guaranteed job. I don't! That is why my taxes have to pay for them, even though I had to send my children to private schools. No tax deduction AT ALL! To me that was an additional tax as the taxes I gave the government to do the job, didn't happen. So I had to pay again and again. The public school administration pretends to teach real well. It has good teachers but there are far too many bad ones that get rewarded. It was worst than 50% bad for my kids. In kindergarten one of my children was threatened with a knife because he wouldn't join a gang. I still paid for those gang members to get an education by paying my taxes. Wonder why I think I shouldn't have to pay those taxes?

Kennedy said ask not what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for the country. Obama's platform is: Ask not what you can do for the country, but what I can make the country do for you. Anyone that doesn't agree with Obama's sympathy soldiers of weakness, gutlessness and nonsense are called a sexixts, racists while they actually are just hard working citizens being robbed by the government and Obama's followers. Some of his followers work hard but they missed something. Oh yeah, they believe the US Government is a money tree. If they are hard working good teachers, why can't they get the worthless ones fired? Oh yeah, silly me, I forget. The bad ones have guaranteed jobs. So the schools are guaranteed to be bad.

Obamanites are unworthy of the Title AMERICAN and your socialistic and communistic attitudes show. If you want to fight about it, let me know. I would prefer to see you grow up and make a contribution to society and I don't care whether you are blind, crippled or crazy. GET TO WORK.

When the government stops giving you money next year because they have none. Please stay off my property. My dogs are always hungry and I don't want to waste my energy to bury you. Too much work for too lazy people. OK, once in your life you worked.

OBAMANITES: GET A JOB and actually do a GOOD JOB! I have helped everyone for 44 years so you need to get up off your behinds. Don't imagine I will buy the whining vapor from your mouths. I plan on dieing while at work or playing with my children and grandchildren because, I AM AN AMERICAN. I am not a whiny, blame it on racism, religion, sex, sexual preference, etc. Life is too short to be that way so stop it! I just get up off my rear and work everyday and pay for you so I can pay for myself and my children. We were put on this planet to help each other, not to be helped by everyone. Sometimes everyone needs help. OK. But, not 24-7-365 for 40 years. Can you help AMERICA? I DO.

24. dominic

ive been following ron paul for years . He and chuck haggel were amongst the first politician i ever liked in my life !now rand paul is not his father but he doesnt fall far from the tree .

further gary johnson is great but rand gets more media attention , and amash would most likely be his vp. the 2 guys that would get more media attention to beat out any dems. would be andrew napolitano , and mike hauklbee .

Problem with hauklbee is he's to much like mitt romney neither one could beat mccain or obama ! so that wont happen .

So the bet chance would be andrew napolitano , and rand paul for vp . for media purposes , bc lets face facts the media picks 95 percent of all elections . who they want to win wins .

Further ron paul is just to old. Time to let his son run . Other wise i'm happy with any format with napolitano, rand paul , gary johnson , amash , joe liberman .

any of those 2 men would do fantastic together under any party . best fit for them would be the libertarian party but run as republican party for financial gains for more media attention . Further run as a republican base , and libetarian base to get more votes . Also the repubs. have no one except scott walker , marco rubio , and chris christie .

chris christie can't debate but big with the media marco rubio can connect with the ppl as well as scott walker . which would also do well as a ticket . I know many would say paul ryan , he couldn't beat joe biden in a debate who couldn't get 2 percent in 2008 how can he win . sara palin is to stupid . and the rest is a laughing stock for president .

the dems . have joe biden to old out of touch couldn't get 2 percent in 2008 ! rob emanuel he fucked chicago gave ppl 25 dollars to pick up report cards to cps . Raised taxes to the highest in the nation . Another Illinois politician , and govenor quinn should be arrested . so that leaves them with hillary cliton and bobby lindell , and the rest of the dem couldn't get 1000 votes if their life depended on it .

no other partys would have a prayer with out large backing of money and would still lose look at rose perot , and donald trump . julie stien , gary johnson . no media attention there for they get no debates and no one knows their name so no one votes for them .

so in conclusion rep. nominee will be marco rubio vp scott walker libetarian nominee will be rand paul and amash bc napolitano will not run do to the fact he wants to be a supreme court justice . dems . will be hillary cliton vp bobby lindel , but there is fear that hillary will not run bc she want to step down . which means she no longer cares . which means she doesnt run and it becomes bobby lindel and rob emanuel . who actually wins will be between rand paul and marco rubio . will see who gets more media will win it .

25. L.R. Heavirland

how about Ron Paul and Gary Johnson and they can flip a coin to see which one would be vice pres.

26. L.R. Heavirland

How about Ron Paul and Gary Johnson !

27. Ed

The Marxists are firmly in place. It is now the will of the minorities and the politically stupid to crash Americas economy. Probably looking at a civil war in 2 years or less.

28. W Kahler

I also agree with Robert, America is lost.

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves!”

Abraham Lincoln

29. Dan MacElReavy

I will not vote in this almost worse than useless poll (the comments forum gives it some usefulness). Like modern election ballots, this poll lacks credible, alternative choices. How about:
    if he ran as a Libertarian--
    as an Independent--
    if _______________ was his running mate--
    or just plain, if_________________.

Libertarians are by far the most free and independent thinkers in the political spectrum--with the exception, perhaps, of independents (with a small i) who are libertarian to the point of not liking the libertarian label. We space for our own input!

Ron Paul is the man. But so is Gary Johnson. So are so many others. While Ron Paul is the one and only political superstar standing for liberty, it the ideas, philosophies, and policies, that matter in the end. Ron Paul and this Revolution need to transform and transfer the cult of personality to those who can and will make a real difference in our future. Especially, we need strong women. Especially real black women, descended from slaves. If they are pretty and cool to boot we can march. We can't hope to compete if our champions are a handful of of old white guys. Not that I think that ethnicity or gender should matter. But the fact is, it does. Our army must be ten times bigger and of more diverse ethnicity.

Of course, for any hope of credibility in any election, we have to abolish voting machines.

30. Timothy Vukomanovic

When I see a poll like the one here where near 70% of respondents say Ron should run again in 2016, I understand I am among lunitics. Wake up people smell the roses the guy might be dead by another 4 years time. If Ron was elected the choice of running mate would have been important as there was a good possibility the VP would have needed to take over mid term.

1. Dawn

You're the lunatic because you discriminate because of age which shows how extremely ignorant you are. People seem to forget that Ron Paul is a DOCTOR and knows a few things about staying healthy......... He's not going to die anytime soon so please stop being so stupid.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

31. Joan

I think he should run again to get his message out there yet again because by then we will either have defaulted on our debt or be close to it. The country will be going under, and the things Dr. Paul said will have come to pass with regards to the country running up all of this debt. He may not win, but I think we should keep getting his Libertarian message out to the public. If he ran Libertarian, he would have a better chance of winning. I know he did one time before, but if people are not sick of the two major parties in the next 2-3 years, I don't know what to say. And the Republicans will be running younger candidates so maybe he should run as the Libertarian candidate. I heard Gary Johnson say that he learned everything he knows from Ron Paul. So why run a copy, why not run the original??

32. Mike

Doesn't matter how old Ron Paul is. As long as he's around, we have a major force fighting to Restore America and regain our rights as citizens, among everything else true Americans believe in.

Where else are we going to find someone with over 30 years experience in Congress, was associated with President Reagan (regardless of his reign), and ran for President 3 times?

He knows the "ins and outs", the "tips and tricks" of this government. He can discredit the Federal Reserve and government "figureheads" that do nothing but lie to every American as they speak.

If Ron Paul is willing and able to run for President again in 2016, I as well as many others I know, would be honored. It'll obviously take more than 4 years to pull this country out of the disaster it's in, so I'd even look to a second term or Rand Paul to follow in his father's legacy. And forget the whole voting system, Americans should be able to appoint him the position, similar to how the position is determined now anyway.

Either way, I'd love to thank Dr. Paul for everything he is, does, and has done. We should all be thankful that someone "stood up" within the current govermental system to wake many Americans from their sleep.

33. Patty

I too think that Ron would be perceived as "too old" to be elected in 2016 even though his views are shared by many. I voted for him in the primary. I voted for Gary Johnson for president in 2012 and I am following the Libertarian party candidates. Both Gary and Ron share a lot of the same philosophies. Gary Johnson did receive the highest vote for a Libertarian candidate than ever before so people are waking up to the failure of the two party system.

34. Linda Z

Ron Paul may be too old to run for President in 2016; however he is the leader of the movement- but he is NOT the movement itself. The liberty movement needs to come together and raise up leaders on not only a national level, but also on a state level, and into each city and town as well, because the globalists are hitting us in each of those areas. Each city and state should have a group of liberty minded people who are bringing the movement to the people. And they should be prepping ALL Americans for the war, because the globalists will not go down without a fight of immense proportion. I don't see how this war can be won without bringing this movement down to a local level.

1. al lawrence

linda, i agree dr. paul may be too old then, 80 yrs. old, but the republicans will not have a shortage of qualified cabdidates: marco rubio, suzanna martinez, ted cruz, rand paul, nikki haley, paul ryan . what do they all have in common? all young

35. PattyFromTexas

It's a shame there is no one to take his place. We desperately need more good men willing to stand up for the people.