180 responses to ““Ron Paul Is Real” — Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr.”

1. logangeorgej

I watched your video on how Paulites piss you off. I see you have your plate after your trolling comment. In my experience with those who admire Ron Paul, none are new to politics. I can’t speak for your experience with Paulites, but my passion for politics was not absent before I heard of Paul and it wont end after he’s gone. Grouping people with such wide sweeping assumptions is…. frustrating. I appreciate your civility in discussions though, it is a rarity in my experience.

2. logangeorgej

I misinterpreted your history comment. I agree we should be informed by the mistakes of history. Back to my original comment, you make the same assumption that billions make without blinking an eye. You assume that if government doesn’t provide it (education, medical research funding, transportation systems, defining commodities) then it wont happen. Whenever a communal system with forced participation (government) tries, the result is worse than if it had been left to individuals. more inc

3. xReefermadnessx

So you assume without the Dept. of Education, 20% of the population today would be illiterate and there would be few colleges? You see the silliness there?

4. pyrrho314

it takes almost no time to look up literacy rates since the department of education formed… it’s simple to look up the history of the land grant colleges, crucial in our engineering excellence for decades… and still.

5. xReefermadnessx

What kind of a silly response it that? Why don’t you show me how much better the education system in the United States has gotten since the creation of the Dept. of Education? Wouldn’t that make more sense? No one is calling for an end to public education, states and counties have every right to do such if they choose. The federal government, on the other hand, should not be involved at all. I’d like you to show me where it helps, as most of us can see it doesn’t.

6. GismoTerminator

what numbers what plan ?

7. pyrrho314

his numbers don’t add up and he alludes to secret parts of his plan.

8. pyrrho314

Ok, show me the private education system that educates a nation, take any of the top 20 most well educated countries.

9. pyrrho314

I took it as clear learning from history is about not repeating the same mistakes. I’d like to see a simulation. A free market requires a lot of stuff, like a commodity market requires definitions of commodity qualities or else you can’t sell futures. These rules conform systems the behavior of which can be studied and anticipated, and a system can be engineered with known qualities. That’s what we have to do. Not just go back to some jungle of eden.

10. pyrrho314

you are projecting a lot, actually, I’m entirely aware of geopolitics, wanna talk about it? You assume I support the mainstream because I’m against RP but you don’t u nderstand, RP is not the whole of all the undercurrent in politics against the machine control. That’s the point, you guys don’t even realize it’s possible to disagree with RP and not be for that machine. What has he accomplished? He’s brought you a message a lot of us already knew, this scheme.

11. pyrrho314

never had a flu shot. Is your command of what’s going on in the world limited to these minutia? like the biggest problem in the us is a flu shot that I personally have never gotten?

study some history… do you know how we started the WWII war in the pacific going back to the 1800s?

12. pyrrho314

that just means you didn’t understand it.

13. anthroparion

Ha ha ha!

14. kathy m

I thought we were beyond simple name calling here.Maybe you could try to respect yourself with some level of intelligence and make your statements a little less like “high middle school” …..oh well ..freedom of speech(for now)

15. jme6141994

Keep up the good fight Rep. Duncan.

16. TheSteve4200

You are not alone, I am also a recovering neo con. I once thought I was an independent/ free thinker, but in reality, i was not.
    I also thought Dr.Paul was just a nut case when I first saw him in 08. But in reality I was the nut case :(
    -Had no idea I was being controlled by the party’s who prayed on my post 9/11 emotions.

17. TheSteve4200

18. MrLittlelawyer

I like how he says “After all there is nothing cool or hip about the man, but tons of college students and 20 somethings love him.” that is everyone loves honesty and down to earth logic.

19. mrthompson878

I’m not sure I agree that nobody can replace Dr. Paul. He, himself has said that he wasn’t trying to gain the presidency for his own interest, but to advance the cause of the liberty movement. He has also said that the message is spreading and more people are becoming liberty-minded. This means that we could likely see more liberty oriented members of government and even a presidential candidate in the years that follow. Ron Paul isn’t selfish enough to believe he was the last one.

20. Dan474834

After having spent a few hours looking over Duncan’s record, I think this is our guy for 2016!

21. AmericanCryer

God Bless you man!

22. PistolPackingPatriot

Awesome. At least SOMEone noticed he was retiring and showed some respect. I’d really like to see a compilation of such comments on Dr. Paul’s retirement by Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner, Obama, Bernanke, Geithner, et al. Of course we’d never get any sincere thoughts from any of them – just self-serving rhetoric, but I think it is incredibly insulting for them all to simply ignore this great Lion of Liberty as he fades from public view.

23. GismoTerminator

why ?

24. raeldrikp

his personal positions on abortion, and homosexuality, however he has a constitutional position (i.e. state rights), so I see no hypocrisy. I strongly disagree with his position on global warming and I’m very concerned about what his opinion on secularism, because it does seem to lean towards a closer fit of the two. The rest of his policies I don’t see anything inherently wrong with socio/economic or it seems reasonable enough. I respect the man greatly, even though I am his political opposite

25. 1987jock

Which of his positions do you disagree with most strongly?

26. Margolpsbiegh

Liberty knows not about race. Tyranny is universal, too…

27. Jerry Smith

I am happy to say that I get to vote for Congressman Duncan, since I live in Knoxville, Tennessee. Mr. Duncan embodies and shares the same principles that drew me to Congressman Paul and his presidential campaign.
    It is disturbing that Congressman Duncan notes that there are basically only three Congressman that are currently standing up for liberty. God help us.

28. locoxguy

thanks faggot piece of shit.

29. stevemcgee99

It’s great that this is in the Congressional record.

30. Gary Bowlmen

Ron Paul brings a tear to my eye !!!

31. raeldrikp

I love the guy, don’t agree with Paul on some things, but he is not a politician. He is worth respecting

32. dman john

The dude kinda bi-polar. In some Ron Paul’s Vid he trolls and some he spreads the message of Liberty.

33. dman john

34. iBouncerX

I had no idea who this Rep. Duncan guy was

Sure glad I know now !

35. sillynanny44

politics wont save us because the majority hates individual freedom.