260 responses to “Ron Paul: No Second Thoughts about Leaving Congress”

1. DereklSilva

Endorsement of Romney was the worst thing he could have done, concerning ron’s fans

2. Markunator

“Hipsters”? Why hipsters? What are you talking about?

3. VonKaNon

I truly believe that Rand’s endorsement of Romney was a political chess move.

4. VonKaNon

I truly believe that Rand’s endorsement of Romney was a political chess move.

5. robin

French Canadian,
    Thank you for your input. I’ve met a few new Ron Paul supporters today that think like we do. There aren’t any people like that on Ben Swann’s site, but because of his Reality Checks they have accused him of being in league with those Arabs. I’m also so surprised how many people who have responded to his latest Reality Check believe Palestinians are being well=treated and that Israel does not practice apartheid. There is a definite disconnect with reality. As soon as anyone mentions anything about Israel, you are branded anti-Semitic or you want to exterminate all the Jews. I tell you that emotion overrides reason with many people as we have seen on this site.

1. French Canadian

Robin,

Don’t worry about it. You know how humans are. They hate successful people like Ben Swann, Alex Jones, Ron Paul, etc. Whatever they say, they trash them. These people cannot face the truth and they cannot stand people who brings the truth to people. This is why they demonize them. I can predict you without a doubt, that Ben Swann will have the same treatment as Alex did and still do. This is the price to pay apparently for been honest, genuine, patriot, informed… and to have a back bone.

Forget these people, they are losers.

1. robin

French Canadian,
        I know my husband says not to waste my time to respond on Ben’s site, but I met some like=minded people by doing so, and we are sharing info. I’m not worried about these people because their minds are a steel trap. When our fear, intolerance and hatred runs deep, it’s almost impossible to wake up unless your very world is shaken in a profound way. It is just another example of how brainwashed people are by propaganda. I will continue to expose the lies about the Middle East for those that are willing to research on their own. My younger son said recently that he used to enjoy studying history until he realized that you never know what is true and what is not. In 5th grade, I remember he told me much of history is written from the point of view of the victor(s). Both our children are awake, and once you are awake, you can never go back to sleep.

6. s3th3lin3

Regarding the mosque: opposing something philosophically or emotionally is different form opposing it legally. I guess I’m unclear where the flip flop occurred in regard to Gitmo. The position I heard him state was: deport them back to their countries. Presumably they could be tried in their country of origin, rather than military tribunal or a civilian court. Honestly though, I would be interested if you could direct me to something he said counter to that. Do you disagree with that position?

7. s3th3lin3

You ignored my counter to your silly tax bit. I’m not an apologist for any politician, so stop fighting a straw man. Rand’s made mistakes, obviously, but you’re misrepresenting his actions. I Never heard of any muslim-baiting attack ads. He proposed screening foreign travelers from countries notorious for terrorists, yes. His statement said nothing about “muslims”. Sided with neocons? Why has he threatened to filibuster the hell out of everything in defiance of them?

8. AirForceVet61

My “strategy” didnt harm me this past election, it did however allow me peace with myself. No inner turmoil about voting for someone i believed would be a shitty potus.

If these new rules in place now had been in effect in the 70′s there would never have been Ronnie. Another part of the problem is you are thinking democracy, when in reality we are supposed to be a Republic, i shouldnt need to “inject my will”.

9. hXcDiedWithHitler

Amendment Number: S.Amdt. 3232 to S. 3254 (National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013)
    Statement of Purpose:To enhance sanctions imposed with respect to Iran.
    Vote Counts: YEAs 94
    NAYs 0
    Not Voting 6

Rand was one of the “YEAs”. And this isn’t the first time he has voted for these sanctions either. So I’m not really sure what you’re talking about. Like I said before, by voting for increased sanctions on Iran, he is depriving innocent people of adequate food and healthcare.

10. hXcDiedWithHitler

Statement of Purpose:To enhance sanctions imposed with respect to Iran.
    Vote Counts: YEAs 94
    NAYs 0
    Not Voting 6

11. quest2k

Your wrong about Rand.In order to prevent World War III from breaking out, Rand single-handedly blocked the Iran Sanctions, Accountability and Human Rights Act (S. 2101) from being passed by unanimous consent by demanding the inclusion of a one sentence amendment to the bill which reads, “…nothing in the Act shall be construed as a declaration of war or an authorization of the use of force against Iran or Syria.”

Google “Rand Paul stops war with Iran”

12. annebeck58

I’d hope he wrote himself in.. I wrote him in. Johnson was nowhere close-enough.. and I mean close enough to Paul (and my) stance.

13. annebeck58

Here’s the thing.
    I’ve never seen Rand as attached to the principles of liberty, and unless he (finally) grows into it, he will never stand up for us.
    Sure, Rand stood up to the TSA, but only after TSA messed with him.
    I hope Rand will grow into half the principled man his father is, but I’m not all that trusting he will.

14. Mike W

Not necessarily… considering all the voter fraud stories. They learned from Stalin: “It doesn’t matter who they vote for, they always vote for us.” What matters is who counts the votes.

15. skelittle

16. gaallegos

So sad he wasn’t elected President. The United States had a chance to do something great for humanity and failed. Ron Paul honestly represented the greatest chance of true freedom the world has ever seen.

17. DeaddudeRS

Don’t worry Ron, We all know you don’t want to say it.

We all know it was Gary Johnson who got your vote.

18. iVoteAmerica.com

Ron’s farewell speech was filled with the depth that can only come from a true understanding of the relationship between government power and personal liberty. The content will ultimately proved profound and prophetic, therefore, we created a special document to memorialize the content. Download it at http://www.iVoteAmerica.com and transmit it to others. God bless you, Ron!

19. robin

French Canadian and Surfisher.
    Care to respond to this article that someone posted in reaction to Ben Swann’s Realty Checks on the Middle East? http://chelm.freeyellow.com/libertarianproblem.html

1. French Canadian

Robin,

Oupst… sorry I’ve posted my comment on the wrong “reply button”. So here it is again:

Robin,

Long article! The guy is half right and half wrong.

RIGHT in the sense, that this is really what it looks like. I noticed on this blog that a lot of people are hardcore antisemites, and it is deplorable. It gives the impression that Ron Paul and his followers are all antsemites. Wich of course is not true. I am one good example of that, I don’t have an ounce of antisemetism in my bones.

WRONG in the sense that proven facts (like the Gulf of Tonkin incident) are not hatred directed against the Jews, but the reality. I personnaly will always point out the wrongdoing based on facts, whether it comes from the Jews, Russians, Americans , Chineeses, Arabs, North Koreans or any other. And I will also point out and praise the good things that these nations have done. I believe this is the only “fair play” attitude to stand for. This is why I appreciate so much Alex Jones who has that fair attitude.

CONCLUSION:

FIRST: This guy doesn’t seems to know much about the NWO. Doesn’t seems to know how the Federal Reserve works either. This guy should listen to Alex Jones for a reality check. It would blow his mind. The globalists and banksters comes from all part of the world and from all nation, although the Rockefellers and Rotchilds played a major role in all that mess, but alone, without the consent of multiple people, races and nations, they wouldn’t have gone anywhere…. but it seems that the people only remember these two names. and blames all Jews for these two families. Especially Americans.

SECOND: I think any person who blames another country or nation for their misery is missing the point. The first thing to do is to look to see if we are not guilty of this situation.

I tend to think like Elmer Davis who said this about America:

“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave”.

20. hXcDiedWithHitler

He is destroying the reputation of the liberty movement. That’s the thing. We don’t want Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan was a neo-conservative who ran huge deficits and increased the size and scope of the federal government, despite what the GOP and conservatives would lead you to believe. Every time Rand mentions him, especially in an admirable way, it makes real liberty lovers like myself cringe.

21. Todd

When the guy asked Dr Paul what he was going to do now, he mentioned doing more work on his foundation. What is this foundation he’s talking about? FREE? Or something else?

1. French Canadian

Robin,

Long article! The guy is half right and half wrong.

CONCLUSION:

I tend to think like Elmer Davis who said this about America:

22. 1987jock

We’re not arguing whether I know how to spell obvoiusly or obviously, obviously.
    You claim:
    Obama’s reelection is evidence that Johnson took more votes from Romney than Obama.
    This is not necessarily true. You then criticize my typing error – a common tactic used by people who cannot support their claims with facts.
    Do you have any real evidence that confirms what you suggest?

23. MecalPetree

I agree with what you’re saying on sanctions and yes, taxation is oppression, but I think Rand Paul knows how to play the game. The future of the party is the liberty movement.

24. edisonoside

The Principle of TRUTH.

25. s3th3lin3

How is that disappointing? Ron Paul’s presidential bid was clearly at an end. Rand had said long before (two years I think?) that he would endorse the Republican candidate. I do understand how Rand’s endorsement can be understood as a betrayal of his principles. Indeed, I still have some misgivings about it. Actions speak louder than words though, no?

26. s3th3lin3

27. hXcDiedWithHitler

Look. The bottom line is that he is putting politics before issues. When he voted for sanctions on Iran, he voted for denying food and healthcare to innocent people. Rand Paul has shown his true colors and parted with Ron Paul on a number of issues. Remember his opinion Ground Zero mosque? Remember the Muslim-baiting attack ads he ran? Remember when he admonished the TSA for not profiling Muslims? Remember when he flip flopped on Gitmo? He has sided with the neocons, and it’s morally repugnant.

28. hXcDiedWithHitler

29. s3th3lin3

While I tend to agree with Ron on sanctions, I don’t think to it’s fair write off Rand simply because he sees sanctions differently than his father. If you haven’t, I would encourage you to listen to his explanation of his vote. As for raising taxes….I don’t know where you get that idea. He might be the only senator who is refusing to move on taxes in the debate around “the fiscal cliff”. How far do you think a bill like “End the income tax” would get? Why didn’t Ron introduce bills like that?

30. s3th3lin3

31. s3th3lin3

Actually, Rand introduced an amendment to amend the language in the 2012 NDAA relating to indefinite military detention. He threatened to filibuster if it didn’t get a vote. In the end, he signed onto the Feinstein and Lee amendment. It’s not as good as Rand’s amendment, but it IS a bit of progress on restoring the 6th amendment. And I would argue that Rand and Ron have a bit more in common than the same last name and “a few similar policies”.

32. s3th3lin3

33. papitosabe

the closing of the loopholes is to be fair…the rich can get their accts to find loopholes and legally cheat the system….the system is corrupt….so he is for closing the loopholes, but has never stated that the rich should have to pay MORE taxes…he’s all for lower taxes, but for everyone…. regarding santions he explained he would rather do something than do nothing, while I disagree, he’s not always going to be perfect…but he later changed his mind and spoke against the sanction bill

34. ekw88

Haha, i think hipsters were voting for ron paul rather than obama.

35. maskedphrogg