492 responses to “Ron Paul: Why I Didn’t Run as an Independent”

1. imRyRy

I’d love to listen to a conversation between Ron Paul and Noam Chomsky. Both I have a lot of respect for.

2. dying2self2000

it’s such ashamed he didn’t run for president…he would have been my choice…God bless Ron Paul!

3. arya721

Meeting him last year in his office was one of the most memorable moments of my life. We shared some good laughs

4. Gordon

Dr. Paul was and is the focal point on returning to the Republic but he has created a silent war without the understanding of strategy. The current isolated source of corruption is the Federal Reserve and by that I mean the history of the world has been based on economics for thousands of years, wars are fought for money, control is sought for money, slavery results from lack of money as stated by Norm Franz:
    Gold is the money of kings;
    Silver is the money of gentlemen;
    barter is the money of peasants;
    but debt is the money of slaves.”
    In order for the Republic to be reborn it is required the states refuse by nullification to cooperate with the Federal Govt. If it cannot collect the taxes, it will depend on printing counterfeit money, which is suicide and the house of cards will fall due to paper being worthless in over abundance. The time has come for the states to create interest free money and starve the Federal Reserve into suicide. The Federal Govt. cannot operate without the cooperation of all fifty states and there is a way to stop paying taxes, which will end all the give a ways to all the moochers.

5. Carol

In short, Congress is bought off. It has been for a long time and will be , no end in sight. As long as they make their own laws and exempt themselves from what they force on us they will just keep doing what they are doing untill we are destroyed and they dont have their jobs and theres no money left to pay them whats owed……just like they did to the elderly.

6. Kimmerd30

My personal thanks to all Ron Paul and Gary Johnson supporters for helping re-elect Barrack Obama. We couldn’t have done it without you.

1. Michael J. Weber

The RNC reinstated Ovomit by nominating Magic Underwear Mitt, don’t blame those of us who refused to vote for the “lesser of two evils”.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

1. Kimmerd30

Yeah Right. You and your SH*T for brains group will be wondering what happened after Obama runs and wins again in 2016 (3rd term). You idiots helped put him in there so you live with it…

7. Thone Siharath

A good leader is the one who create greater leaders, Dr. Paul represent that leader.

8. Thone Siharath

9. PHK

Mr. James Hines articulates well my own thoughts on non support of Gary Johnson. Seems to me that Mr. Johnson espoused virtually all of the Paul positions. Not to mention the fact that he was the only candidate who actually addressed the real issues facing the US of A. Hard to imagine that Dr Paul if asked who he REALLY would have liked to see win the election would have said other than Mr. Johnson. I do believe that Dr Paul owes an explanation to all those who supported him throughout the last few years as to why he did not endorse Gary Johnson. Most especially as he asks us to continue the cause via the Campaign for Liberty.

10. Anatol Zorikova

Ron Paul has to continue what he has started. He has to form his own third party or must run as independent in 2016. America needs it, it does not matter what Ron Paul thinks about it or he wants or not do so, he just MUST.
    American ask you: “Dr. Ron Paul, please do this…”

11. RejuveNation526

the movement goes on…. thank you Dr Ron Paul.. we the people of the world, will take it from here…

12. RejuveNation526

13. livedarkness1

by conservatives do you mean moderates or extremist?

14. James Hines

I love Congressman Paul and I voted for him in the primaries.
    That said ….this is not a sufficient answer.
    Fine – I understand the problems with ballot access and debates, and if RON PAUL did not want to run for President, that’s fine.
    But I also believe – particularly considering the energy that so many have put behind Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty for so long – that Ron Paul should either LEAD or FOLLOW …at this point, merely “getting out of the way” is not an acceptable position for him.
    Gary J0hnson may not have been a perfect candidate, but he DID want to cut spending by 43 cents on every dollar.
    I think Ron Paul would have done all of us a favor by encouraging us to all get behind Gary Johnson. For me, the fact that he did not do so suggests to me that if he could not be the person to lead the rEVOLution, he did not want ANYONE to do so.

1. Carol

I wrote him in in the elections. When I saw what was being done to him by the GOP I vowed I would….and I did.

15. bdsw30

Ron Paul has lived an honorable life. A honorable Veteran, A doctor that delivered babies and celebrated life, a politician (or statesman) that told the truth and stood up for justice. He loved his country, and showed it. He was the best choice in the 2008 and 2012 Presidential elections. It is a shame he was never President; he would have been one of the best ever.

16. Downfacingdog

He failed to mention AIPAC?

17. TheUnclePatrick

if the two party system is broken and you know this, why identify yourself as a liberal? Be an independent!!!!

18. dmcarefuldriver

As a liberal I must say, I have an incredible amount of respect for Ron Paul. The corrupt two-party system is completely broken and Paul was one of the few who would not only admit this, but fight against it. A true patriot.

19. TheLoyalOfficer

Well said, sir! I admire your contrition and candor.

Let’s work together for an America in liberty and freedom! Chase out the statists!

20. Seal6Sniper

For a living? LOL! It’s all part of a much bigger issue but you have to have some intellect and intuition to understand that. Not something your average sheeple would understand so you have a pass. I tried watching your vids but got bored very quickly. Sorry.

21. umbroog

Keep hatin’ but look in the mirror and hate yourself

22. DCCLC67

Actions speak louder than words…too bad that Congressman Ron Paul didn’t envision the consequences of running as an independent during the last presidential elections…a historical opportunity going down the drain indeed (and the perpetuation of the corrupt and obsolete two-party system)

23. Jenell Redding DCM, P ND

Dr Ron Paul could lead and save Texas out of the federal government and no not secession. We need to “Secede from the encroachment of the UN/via the power elite.” And for warriors we need to seek out our “William Wallace”.
    Scum floats to the top as does the cream and then cream is simply worthless and that is our congress I am sorry to say. I am 75 years old and lived during the very last part of the great (nothing great) depression and thru WWII and all the other wars. Stop all this nonsense sounds good but you have to realize to the powers that be it isn’t nonsense. We need to stop any and all encroachment of our liberty.
    With Light Liberty and FREEDOM JR

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

24. HerbalJah

Ron Paul is a real man.

25. robin

OFF TOPIC: As a parent who homeschools, a relative who also homeschools brought this to my attention that this week our representatives will be voting on the UN Americans Disabilities Act once again undermining our sovereignty. Many people are trying to do away with homeschooling or try to control it. We know why. Don’t want people like Ben Swann of Reality check exposing the truth and thinking outside of the group mind. He was homeschooled. Please contact your representatives and say we already have laws in place and do not want to relinquish control to the UN.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

1. Shawn

…and why shouldn’t the UN vote on a UN act? I don’t think you know anything about what they are voting on so that is why you didn’t include any information (prove me wrong please). I think you are likely unhappy with the UN for other reasons, like their attempt to reign in the illegal behavior of Israel? Am I right?

1. robin

Shawn,
        No, you are not correct. What this treaty does is to take away the power of education from parents and put it in the hands of the UN. International law should not supersede our Constitution and our sovereignty. There are laws in place now to protect people with disabilities, so what is the real purpose behind this treaty??? As a former teacher, I believe education is best served at the local/and state level. The federal government has definitely not improved education and you are probably not aware that they would like to do away with homeschooling=kids who actually learn to think for themselves out of the group mind. The purpose of education has been to dummy down the population since the late 70′s when I began teaching. As far as Israel, I’m outspoken about what Israel is doing to Palestinians. I am a former diehard liberal democrat who woke up Shawn after 40 years. I am no longer part of the “group mind” and the liberal/vs. conservative paradigm.

26. maskedphrogg

I explained previously in explicit terms why the argument you are presenting is absurd. Now is the time for you to remove your thumb from your mouth. Grow up, get a haircut and a bath then find a job. Trolling is well beyond your capacity at present so why don’t you go find a productive avocation?

27. zazszdzfzgzhzjzkzlzx

Same thing happened to me, used to be a hardcore neo-conservative, now I’m all Libertarian.
    Your so right, once you can get people to look past that artificial dividing line between “left” and “right”, whether they are hardcore progressives or hardcore neo-conservatives, everyone realizes that they are libertarians.

28. Sunburn2007

Audio / Visual out of synch.

29. markjoness

i love you Dr. Paul. it would be a miracle if another politician pops up with half of your honesty and passion.

30. xXvolhvXx

I so do feel for you, man. There are many things I like about Sweden, but those politics are just off the rails. If it weren’t for the politics, I think I’d even consider moving there. Not at all surprising that Ingvar Kamprad headquartered IKEA in the Netherlands and went to reside in Switzerland.

31. JiminNM

Rand Paul is not Ron Paul. For some reason he dissed his father, and I am done with Rand Paul. That one awh shit wiped out all Rand’s atta boys for eternity.

32. GovernMentalFreedom

The young Principled based Americans will soon kick the Party based DemocRAT / RepubliCONs ass who hides behind GovernMental Union WELFARE paid for through the YOUNG or is it all just a counterfeited cartel

33. Kaptain Kanada

You’re too dimwitted to grasp the subtleties even when they aren’t subtle. So Hitler and Stalin had the same ideology and policies, right, Sparky?!
    You’re too stupid to have opinions. Go read a comic book.
    End of communications.

34. aatayyab

Brook said that encouraging and motivating (sort of rewarding) farewell words “You changed the discussion”. That’s how journalists should be i.e. respectful, encouraging and meaningful, not like the ones today who sort of try to specialize in some sort of mass murder investigatory techniques, asking those horrible and negative questions. Journalism needs a new, better, positive and professional direction in schools.

35. aatayyab

Very true Jordan… but then there is always an open bidding process when it comes to awarding Government projects. However, since not everyone (a common American) has the sort of resources, qualifications or references which are usually a pre-requisite for any such Govt contract, Ron Paul makes sense in that. But then I’d not want to award contract to just “anybody” unless they have certain resources, etc. Would you?

1 4 5 6 7 8 14