323 responses to “Ron Paul: Seeking Total Security Leads to a Totalitarian Society”

1. Linda Brugman

AMERICA LOVES YOUUUUU RESTORE AMERICA!!!!!

2. mckheu

like anonymous does online

3. DeimosSaturn

Some people might say people who fight for the second amendment in this time are cold-blooded. But that’s how logic and reason work. It sees past the emotions.

4. Stepper11

God bless you, Dr. Paul.One day this country,after enduring much unnecessary loss & pain, will remember you.The’ll remember w/ shame how they marginalized &ridiculed you, when they should have been hailing you as the friend of Liberty and theTrue American Spirit.We can’t live in a nerf world,where we are always safe & risk free.The best way for you to protect yourself & yours is to be prepared for when bad things happen,not to foolishly trust in Utopian rulers, who are the greatest danger of all

5. howardb42006

Wher are you going to be when it all goes bad, sir? I hope you are right next to me, and i think you will be. God bless.

6. 06rtm

Thank you for posting this. More people need to be made aware of that.

7. 06rtm

Thank you for posting. Most Americans have no idea that the world hates them, and the ones who do know this, don’t know why. Its the concept of BlowBack that many Americans find absurd for some reason.

8. 06rtm

The only real solution is better education and better parenting. Switzerland has a lot right. People should be trained on how to use guns properly. We need to be educated on guns, and we need parents who love their kids so that the massacres stop happening. Anything else is just patch work. Also, banning guns just feeds underground crime, and using Japan as an example is silly because Japan is astonishingly obedient to anyone in power. They are an astounding anomaly among humans.

9. hazdude222

So obvious you can’t spell it out….

10. hazdude222

Yes, I have. A blanket ban on firearms in all cases except professional (i.e hunting, shooting ranges) and an amnesty on all weapons. Offer incentives for weapons to be returned and harsh penalties to anyone carrying. This would obviously stop a large amount of gun homicides as there would fewer guns in general circulation. This would at least lengthen the period between mass shootings.

Do I think this should happen? Hell no. I just think it would help the case in point.

11. Gnev Naroda

God Bless America!
    I am writing to all Americans who care about their fate and future generations. The whole world hates you! Your government has a policy of expansion of the world — Vietnam, Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and others, now Syria. How long will you keep your government?
    I hope that you and another talk show on TV, will transfer the film and see how people live in the countries occupied by your government!
    youtube.com/watch?v=pBkEEe93FE8
    Artem from Ukraine……

12. SgtTravisBickle

Weak argument is obviously weak.

13. ctuagent247

It’s easy to pick apart a persons argument, but yet you have provided no solution to either of the problems discussed.

14. VotePaineJefferson

Third times the charm?

15. hazdude222

Yes you’re right, that’s why I don’t think it should happen. However, I argue against the promotion of guns as the solution to all problems (armed guards in schools, wtf?) and also against the idea that there is nothing you can do to stop mass shootings, you can, it would just infringe upon liberties to such a degree that it cannot happen.

Yakuza may deal guns, but they clearly don’t use them very well as the whole of Japan has around 10 gun homicides a year.

16. keith3d

“but if we lived n a totalitarian the childs wud still b alive…”

17. Dexter Hexter

Dreams from my dad
    who I never even knew,
    for Kenyans are so sad
    I’ve hoodwinked you.

Dreams from my dad
    I didn’t want to tell you,
    Davis is my real dad
    and he’s Communist too.

Lenin said go FORWARDS,
    the cliff can be had
    and voters want more words.

Dreams from my dad,
    Air Force One we ride,
    taxpayers are not mad
    and Benghazi? I must lie!

Dreams from my dad

Dreams from my dad
    I didn’t want to tell you,
    Davis is my real dad
    and he’s Communist too.

Lenin said go FORWARDS,
    the cliff can be had
    and voters want more words.

Dreams from my dad,
    Air Force One we ride,
    taxpayers are not mad
    and Benghazi? I must lie!

Dreams from my dad
    biggest fraud in history,
    Hitler seems like my dad
    and I’m still a mystery.

19. Miss Monika

In Switzerland, men go through compulsory military training and are required to keep their military issued weapon (includes automatic and semi automatic) at their home. They have one of the lowest gun crime rates in the civilized world.

20. ctuagent247

Ya know what though? There is no point in arguing this, because the Second Amendment protects the peoples rights to bear arms. And, surprisingly enough, there are just two reasons the founding fathers put forth that amendment. The first is to defend yourself from criminal activity, and the second is to defend against tyranny. Regardless of your personal thoughts, those two reasons above are truth.

21. ctuagent247

You need to check up on your facts, because gun dealing is the second biggest thing the Yakuza do.

22. cariadwr9

That’s weird! I clicked that link on a Stef Molyneux comments page and it led me here. So I just tried it again and this film comes up. Have I found myself in a strange loup?!

23. RedOnyxProductions

Paul 2016

24. Miss Monika

“To command nature, you must obey nature.”
    You cannot legislate behavior.
    You cannot control the weather
    The shooting at SandyHook and Super Storm Sandy imminent forces of nature.
    We cannot prevent these things from happening we can only prevent or mitigate their damaging consequences.

25. MrLittlelawyer

True, I think that civilian gun ownership is important to the deterrent of tyrants. A government can’t send a SWAT Team to every door, so even owning small firearms for self defense is just that deterrent. Tyrants will always disarm the citizens and control their guns this can be under the guise of safety.

26. hazdude222

Firstly, you just did. Why doesn’t it? Those children, while being undoubtedly scarred mentally and physically from the experience, can go on to lead happy lives. Dead children cannot.

27. jojosride

That reply doesn’t even warrant a response.

28. hazdude222

If you can back that up then who am I to disagree. That’s why I’m saying it’s an all out ban and amnesty or nothing, which I genuinely believe would help and also strongly agree cannot happen for obvious reasons.

Gun violence may have increased 89% in the UK the numbers are still tiny. Ultimately there were still weapons around after the ban but the numbers are small and it means that the government can easily crack down on the problem if it gets out of control.

29. hazdude222

If you think it is acceptable that “greatest” country in the world has the largest incarcerated population and 9000 gun homicides a year then that’s fine. At least I’m saying something can be done about it.

Stop living your life based on fear.

30. hazdude222

You need to look up the definition of a troll before you start calling people one because you show far more of the troll characteristics than I ever have.

I know I’m not going to win the battle because I’m posting it on a very-pro gun forum, I just wanted to make my point. Just because you don’t agree with me doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

You haven’t given me any evidence to suggest you’re more educated than I am or that you’ve dug deeper about anything in your entire life.

Learn to argue bro.

31. hazdude222

Japan has no gun crime and no crime in general so your argument is invalid. Even the Yakuza do not have an excess of firearms.

Trust me, do not try to argue against Japan because it pretty much beats America hands down in every department of crime statistics, especially with guns.

32. hazdude222

Yes, and with no fatalities.

33. dreamsaker

I guess its ok to have a nuke then. If you want to be equal. We already live in an totalitarian state. I really don’t want to be equal. When the second amendment was written 1791, you were more likely be bludgeon by a unloaded musket up side the head than to be mowed down by a fully automatic 50 cal machine gun. We always set limits on the types of fire arms owned by the population.
    Until you have a nation not at war with every country in the world..you will find violence in its own nation

34. dreamsaker

35. apocalyptichybrid2

I’m just giving Ron some shit Sgt.

1 4 5 6 7 8 10