292 Responses

Transcript

Ron Paul: The financial political crisis is a consequence of excessive debt, unfunded liabilities, spending, bailouts and gross discrepancies in wealth distribution going from the middle class to the rich. No good has ever come from granting monopoly power to the state to use aggression against the people to arbitrarily mould human behavior. Such power, when left unchecked, becomes the seed of an ugly tyranny.

Neil Cavuto: Don’t look now, but Paul the Apostle has just wandered into the desert – not the biblical Paul, but the political Paul. But you’d have a very hard time distinguishing between the two, since Ron Paul supporters also have darn-near religious fervor for their unlikely leader. And why not, the former Texas Congressman and presidential candidate single-handedly galvanized a nation to think that libertarianism isn’t a crazy science. In Washington, it’s about basic math: money in, money out. A lot more money is going out than coming in, which is a bad combination. Before anyone, and I have covered everyone, Ron Paul was first [demurring] its disastrous consequences even before that guy, Ross Perot. He joins me now on the phone for his first interview as a former Congressman.

Welcome, sir, it’s very good to have you.

Ron Paul: Thank you, Neil, it’s nice to be with you again.

Neil Cavuto: At the risk of sounding smarmy and disingenuous, Congressman, I think you are among the smartest, sharpest and most [prissy] of public officials I have ever had the honor of speaking to. Now, I know that might not sound as a complement, but it is. And I wonder, with a voice like yours gone, who watches the tail, who watches all the money going out of Washington?

Ron Paul: Well, I think they’ll be many, and if I did any good at all, there should be quite a few.

Neil Cavuto: I had a hard time seeing them, Congressman, for that budget deal, Congressman.

Ron Paul: Well, how often do you see 15 people voting against the Speaker.

Neil Cavuto: Good point, good point.

Ron Paul: We used to say that if we got a 100 spontaneous phone calls in the congressional office, that meant there are about 2000 people who were really thinking about it. So if there’re are a couple of congressmen who are frustrated with the system right now, that means there were a lot more congressmen that just didn’t want to stand up and say so. No, it’s there, and I’ve tried to be the optimistic, but I don’t find that optimism in Washington, and as you have pointed out so often, I get some encouragement from the college campuses. And therefore I’m not a pessimist because I think they’re willing to listen, they’re idealistic and they know what they’re inheriting. So, therefore, I think we can pull out of this, but not with the current crop of politicians in Washington. Attitudes have to change, and that’s what I work on: changing people’s opinion, and I think to some degree I’ve had a little bit of success.

Neil Cavuto: Well, I think you have, Congressman. What I found while covering this last presidential race was that you respected people’s intelligence and the proof was during the primary caucus process. Your comments on each election night were electrifying, only you could get standing cheers and whoops from college kids, and you were talking about the money supply and the Federal Reserve. And I have been trying my entire career to do that, Congressman, and I have the benefit of a prompter, you didn’t. So hope springs eternal that this sticks and this measures and gets people galvanized. Here’s my word though, Congressman, I look at these public opinion polls where people say, “Leave the spending alone, zap the rich, leave my Medicare alone, leave my Medicaid alone, leave my Social Security alone”. Others are saying leave defense alone, just tax the rich. And I’m beginning to wonder whether we’ve gone from a country where supposedly the era of big government was over, to maybe the era of big government is back.

Ron Paul: Well, it never left, I don’t think so. There was talk of it, but I think the attack on the rich, and people have pointed out quite frequently that if you tax the rich and took all their money, it only finances government for a very short period of time. So in my farewell speech I made this point that for so many who advocate taxing the rich, it’s sort of envy. Envy is driven by destroying the people who are successful, not really helping the people. It obviously doesn’t help the people they’re taking the money from, but it doesn’t help the people who are taking the money either. Does it create a more vibrant economy, does it increase our economic activity? No. But too often people are driven by envy and they just can’t stand the success of people making money, but that’s what happens in a free market.

Neil Cavuto: I wish we had more time, but don’t you think we’ve given up the free market itself, that a free market itself is what’s being sacrificed here?

Ron Paul: Oh, I think so, and, of course, I’ve been arguing that that’s been sacrificed a long time ago. I remember getting really criticized by somebody who was criticizing capitalism and how terrible this capitalism was and I came back and said, “But we don’t have capitalism, we don’t have free markets, we have fixed interest rates, we have interventions, we have over-planning, over-spending, and deficits.” That’s not what happens in a free market, a free market is designed quite differently. So I resent the fact that they blame the problems that we have, we’ve just had all these extremists believing in Laissez-faire capitalism, and that’s why we have this mess. They’re wrong on that, and I’m trying to change people’s minds regarding that issue.

Neil Cavuto: Well, keep at it, young man. Ron Paul, I want to thank you, the last time you were here, I had a viewer telling me, “You know, Neil, when he leaves Washington, you should have him be your co-anchor”. I immediately shot and email back saying, “No, I don’t believe in any co-anchor who would make me look bad”. Congressman, thank you very much.

Ron Paul: Well, have me back some day.

Neil Cavuto: I will, I will.

Processing your request, Please wait....

292 responses to “Ron Paul’s First Interview after Leaving Congress: We Don’t Have Capitalism, We Don’t Have Free Markets”

1. Nautical1994

So why would Rand support Romney before his father was out of the presidential race? I don’t remember Romney being for small government and low taxes and fiscal responsibility. Rand cares more about the republican party, unfortunately…

2. David Eggers

Rand’s awesome. Hasn’t gave in 1% on his voting record.

3. RonPaulMountainBiker

Actually Rand Paul is very intelligent, and his issues are spot on. (unless you prefer big government and high taxes and fiscal irresponsibility and so on that the normal parties provide and if so, I see why you dislike Rand)

4. RonPaulMountainBiker

5. RonPaulMountainBiker

The only politician who would do everything we need and want and yet everyone is afraid of.

6. SwordofJin117

“Keep at it, young man”

What?

7. girlelixir

I’ve missed you Dr. Paul. Come to Australia for a holiday and do some talks. :)

8. French Canadian

The WAR IS ON Infowars.com. Every person you admire and respect goes on his show. They come with good actions and ideas to resist and defeat the system. If you know about these things, you can be part of the resistance and fight with them for your country… instead of infighting on this site… lol

THREE GOOD NEWS:

1- On this Sunday edition, Alex talks to Chief of Police Mark Kessler, who is proposing a ’2nd Amendment Preservation’ ordinance for his small town in Pennsylvania, which could serve as model legislation to uphold the right to bear arms and nullify unconstitutional gun control maneuvers across the country. (you can contact him to get a copy and present it to your State, he gave his phone number, he is willing to help everyone who calls him).

2- Ron Paul will be on the Alex jones Show this coming wednesday.

3- Tomorrow Alex Jones will be on Piers Morgan Show… I hope he blasts him for his anti-gun statement..

————————————————————————-

TWO BAD NEWS:

1- YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

After getting nowhere in the Senate, the gun controllers have taken their campaign to destroy your rights to the Illinois House. Earlier today, Amendment #1 to SB2899 was introduced in the Illinois House of Representatives.

THIS BILL WILL BE VOTED ON BY THE HOUSE JUDICIARY 1 COMMITTEE ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON – YOU MUST ACT NOW!

BREAKING ALERT – Illinois State Legislature Sneaking Vote on Gun Ban Right Now Today (Sunday)

2- The lemmings would love a dictator. This proposed legislation would repeal the 22nd Amendment that limits presidents to two four-year terms in office.

Obama President For Life? H.J. Res 15 Bill

9. MrDeppness

If only Bill O’Reilly and Wolf Blitzer kissed Ron Paul’s ass like this…

10. 411American

None of this makes sense when a nation is nigger rich. Who cares about earning anything when you can just take it.

11. French Canadian

Ron Paul will be on the Alex Jones Show this coming wednesday. Don’t miss it

12. 411American

Non of this makes sense when a nation is nigger rich. Who cares about earning anything when you can just take it.

13. 264rockstar

Right.. no one listens to FOX anymore..so they have to invite Paul on for rating.. ha

14. CryOverdage

yea its working now :P

15. tanjhj

Americans cant stand to face the truth. decades of TV and moraless lifestyle makes them stupid and spineless.

16. tanjhj

17. clevername333

Why is that? Do explain.

18. MrRossT1

For now, Americans can MOVE their money outside of the country. Ron Paul warned. The fence around the border is not to keep people out, it’s also to keep people IN.

19. SliceIceNDice

Screw Rand.

20. WestSkier11

Rand 2016

21. mykovn

Not cancer I meant aids.

22. mykovn

What do you expect from a country that only defends and not attack other to plunder their resources? Vietnam is a poor country, although they’re capitalism but they are poor, they passed a law where tourists can bring money in but no one can take money out. U.S is rich because they attacked a lot of countries to rack in money. The U.S is somewhat the same, we have health plans but rich people like that one pro tennis player gets shots every week to prolong his life from cancer.

23. AnCap217

My take. Ron Paul is the Trojan horse for liberty. In so being, he truly and in heart is a voluntarist, that being said an anarchist. His “mission” would never let him publicly take this position, but the inevitable conclusion to the adherence to the libertarian philosophy requires it

24. frankz00

Amazing right?

25. realsc00ter

I would never disrespect the man himself but this whole thing seems a little to strategic otherwise how would fraud like that be swept under the rug….’They always give the people their Heroes.’ The point being if they did not, the people would organize and create their own ‘Ron Paul’ (ligit version) and that’s a big no no for the puppet masters.

26. Franchise70

Ron Paul achieved great success in spreading his message of liberty and small government. He was a congressmen for many years and his constituents were endeared by him. Not to mention his many years as a doctor. Ron Paul may have lost his bids for President, but he is by all means a success and he is a very admirable man.

27. svrrender

Huh?

28. French Canadian

A friend sent me this:

- You know you live in a Country run by idiots if….
    You can get arrested for expired tags on your car but not for being in the country illegally.

- You know you live in a Country run by idiots if….
    Being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you “safe”.

- You know you live in a Country run by idiots if….
    Being self-sufficient is considered a threat to the government.

- You know you live in a Country run by idiots if….
    You have to have your parents signature to go on a school field trip but not to get an abortion or a vaccination.

-You know you live in a Country run by idiots if….
    An 80 year old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a Muslim woman in a burka is only subject to having her neck and head searched.

Care to add to this list?

29. InfoGrok

Was thinking the same thing… seem to remember a different approach during the primary season.

30. cupocity303 .

Sure in hindsight he has the respect. But look at his questioning during the 2008 debate of Paul. Typical Fox set up questions. It’s when he is no longer in contention that he reverts back to liking him because he has a sense that it will buy him some additional ratings. I don’t dislike the guy, just nothing to bless him for.

31. cupocity303

32. KlassicNation

hahahahha

33. MustangManiac1115

Some of you are so out of touch with reality. This idea of Cavuto as “controlled opposition” is utter nonsense. He is just a semi-intelligent guy who worked his ass off to get a TV show. People can have legitimate differences in opinion. Not everyone is sending reports to the men in the smokey room. I swear most of you have to be trolls.

34. TheWTFSOB

no one cares how people spell it. everyone is still capable of understanding its context. only an idiot use’s that as an attack or an attempt to take away from the argument.

35. TheWTFSOB

as a ron paul supporter i gotta say i dont dubt your statement. just looking back at how everything went down with his campaign, seems to me anyway, that he just threw the nomination away. their was such blatant fraud going on and no one refuted it.

1 3 4 5 6 7 9