292 Responses

Transcript

Ron Paul: The financial political crisis is a consequence of excessive debt, unfunded liabilities, spending, bailouts and gross discrepancies in wealth distribution going from the middle class to the rich. No good has ever come from granting monopoly power to the state to use aggression against the people to arbitrarily mould human behavior. Such power, when left unchecked, becomes the seed of an ugly tyranny.

Neil Cavuto: Don’t look now, but Paul the Apostle has just wandered into the desert – not the biblical Paul, but the political Paul. But you’d have a very hard time distinguishing between the two, since Ron Paul supporters also have darn-near religious fervor for their unlikely leader. And why not, the former Texas Congressman and presidential candidate single-handedly galvanized a nation to think that libertarianism isn’t a crazy science. In Washington, it’s about basic math: money in, money out. A lot more money is going out than coming in, which is a bad combination. Before anyone, and I have covered everyone, Ron Paul was first [demurring] its disastrous consequences even before that guy, Ross Perot. He joins me now on the phone for his first interview as a former Congressman.

Welcome, sir, it’s very good to have you.

Ron Paul: Thank you, Neil, it’s nice to be with you again.

Neil Cavuto: At the risk of sounding smarmy and disingenuous, Congressman, I think you are among the smartest, sharpest and most [prissy] of public officials I have ever had the honor of speaking to. Now, I know that might not sound as a complement, but it is. And I wonder, with a voice like yours gone, who watches the tail, who watches all the money going out of Washington?

Ron Paul: Well, I think they’ll be many, and if I did any good at all, there should be quite a few.

Neil Cavuto: I had a hard time seeing them, Congressman, for that budget deal, Congressman.

Ron Paul: Well, how often do you see 15 people voting against the Speaker.

Neil Cavuto: Good point, good point.

Ron Paul: We used to say that if we got a 100 spontaneous phone calls in the congressional office, that meant there are about 2000 people who were really thinking about it. So if there’re are a couple of congressmen who are frustrated with the system right now, that means there were a lot more congressmen that just didn’t want to stand up and say so. No, it’s there, and I’ve tried to be the optimistic, but I don’t find that optimism in Washington, and as you have pointed out so often, I get some encouragement from the college campuses. And therefore I’m not a pessimist because I think they’re willing to listen, they’re idealistic and they know what they’re inheriting. So, therefore, I think we can pull out of this, but not with the current crop of politicians in Washington. Attitudes have to change, and that’s what I work on: changing people’s opinion, and I think to some degree I’ve had a little bit of success.

Neil Cavuto: Well, I think you have, Congressman. What I found while covering this last presidential race was that you respected people’s intelligence and the proof was during the primary caucus process. Your comments on each election night were electrifying, only you could get standing cheers and whoops from college kids, and you were talking about the money supply and the Federal Reserve. And I have been trying my entire career to do that, Congressman, and I have the benefit of a prompter, you didn’t. So hope springs eternal that this sticks and this measures and gets people galvanized. Here’s my word though, Congressman, I look at these public opinion polls where people say, “Leave the spending alone, zap the rich, leave my Medicare alone, leave my Medicaid alone, leave my Social Security alone”. Others are saying leave defense alone, just tax the rich. And I’m beginning to wonder whether we’ve gone from a country where supposedly the era of big government was over, to maybe the era of big government is back.

Ron Paul: Well, it never left, I don’t think so. There was talk of it, but I think the attack on the rich, and people have pointed out quite frequently that if you tax the rich and took all their money, it only finances government for a very short period of time. So in my farewell speech I made this point that for so many who advocate taxing the rich, it’s sort of envy. Envy is driven by destroying the people who are successful, not really helping the people. It obviously doesn’t help the people they’re taking the money from, but it doesn’t help the people who are taking the money either. Does it create a more vibrant economy, does it increase our economic activity? No. But too often people are driven by envy and they just can’t stand the success of people making money, but that’s what happens in a free market.

Neil Cavuto: I wish we had more time, but don’t you think we’ve given up the free market itself, that a free market itself is what’s being sacrificed here?

Ron Paul: Oh, I think so, and, of course, I’ve been arguing that that’s been sacrificed a long time ago. I remember getting really criticized by somebody who was criticizing capitalism and how terrible this capitalism was and I came back and said, “But we don’t have capitalism, we don’t have free markets, we have fixed interest rates, we have interventions, we have over-planning, over-spending, and deficits.” That’s not what happens in a free market, a free market is designed quite differently. So I resent the fact that they blame the problems that we have, we’ve just had all these extremists believing in Laissez-faire capitalism, and that’s why we have this mess. They’re wrong on that, and I’m trying to change people’s minds regarding that issue.

Neil Cavuto: Well, keep at it, young man. Ron Paul, I want to thank you, the last time you were here, I had a viewer telling me, “You know, Neil, when he leaves Washington, you should have him be your co-anchor”. I immediately shot and email back saying, “No, I don’t believe in any co-anchor who would make me look bad”. Congressman, thank you very much.

Ron Paul: Well, have me back some day.

Neil Cavuto: I will, I will.

Processing your request, Please wait....

292 responses to “Ron Paul’s First Interview after Leaving Congress: We Don’t Have Capitalism, We Don’t Have Free Markets”

1. weneedhelp

Before an election – Make him look as bad as possible.
    After the Election – You are a god we should all listen to you.
    If this does not show you how biased the lamestream media is I dont know if you will ever see beyond the propaganda.

2. SHISADB

Thank god this INSANE Old Fool is no longer in congress!

3. French Canadian

Don’t forget that today (Wednesday), Ron Paul will be on the Alex Jones Show.

4. French Canadian

January 8, 2013

Article from Jon Rappoport of http://www.nomorefakenews.com.

MUST READ:

Alex Jones: Best Night of Television Ever

5. French Canadian

Jon Rappoport of http://www.nomorefakenews.com. wrote a very powerful article today, so powerful, that I am putting the whole article on this site:

Alex Jones: Best Night of Television Ever

Jon Rappoport
    Infowars.com
    January 8, 2013

Piers Morgan (CNN) thought he might pump up his horrendous ratings and avoid having to go back to England. So he invited Alex Jones to come east and appear on his show.

They would discuss gun control and the petition to have Morgan deported. It would be good television. An interesting conversation. Perhaps things would get contentious.

But Morgan’s producers and bookers had made a fatal error of judgment.

To say Alex was loaded for bear is a vast understatement.

He crashed the television party in a way it’s never happened before.

You could call it: the internet invades mainstream media. But that doesn’t begin to do it justice.

This was one man attacking the whole rotting corpse of major media, attacking the fascists of the federal government, attacking the psychiatric/pharmaceutical cartel for dispensing drugs that cause people to kill other people, attacking the host of the show for daring to come to these shores with his putrid put-on Brit arrogance, attacking the brain-dead premise that fewer gun murders equals a far, far better nation (England), swearing an oath that the US government will not disarm the citizenry…and Alex made all this happen in just the first seven minutes of the interview.

You could go back in the archives and comb through the history of television in this country and never find seven minutes like this. Never.

It broke through the fake civility of moronic, pundit-driven, stacked-to-the-ceiling-with-utter-bullshit news programs like a car driving through a showroom window at 80mph.

Go to infowars and watch it.

Then tell yourself you’re not dreaming, because you’re not. It happened.

If you were, by chance, tuned to the BCS championship game between Alabama and Notre Dame and missed the real slaughter on CNN, catch it.

According to Alex, one of Pier’s producers broke down and cried during the interview. Oh dear. Horrid. I hope the producer had friends to console her in their little mutually constructed elite bubble. Cocktails, tranqs, perhaps a visit to a shrink might be in order. No doubt, this is a case of PTSD, and might necessitate a long recovery.

No, the idiots at CNN were definitely not ready for this. They were blindsided. Piers tried to remain calm. That was his only strategy. He would be the voice of reason. Stiff upper lip and all that.

It worked about as well as waving a feather in front of a typhoon.

Which, when you think about it, is how the people of England handle their fascist government and their falling-apart society. “Look at us, we’re clueless with feathers.”

No doubt Piers is telling himself he stood up to the cave man from Texas, revealing to the American people how pernicious gun owners are. But that wasn’t it. That wasn’t it all.

Instead, this was cardboard television reality taking a dozen torpedoes amidships.

Alex did it exactly the way you’re supposed to do it when you want to destroy the whole stinking mess all at once. You give no quarter. You go on the attack from the first moment. You don’t let up.

You ignore the nicey-nice stuff.

I’m sure there are some boomer gun advocates out there who think Alex “presented an unfortunate face of the responsible gun-owner community.” They’re dead wrong. They don’t understand what an attack against tyranny requires. They never have.

You put the fascists on the defensive. That’s rule number one. You put them through the wall into the next county. You hit them with the truth so hard they never recover. That’s the goal.

It happened last night.

I watched the whole curtain of the television Matrix explode. I watched it with a joy that comes from knowing, for a long time, what such a moment would look like if it ever came to pass.

Then it did.

Thank you, CNN. This was your finest moment, your only authentic moment in all your years of building an insane consensus about reality.

Thanks, Alex. You came through like a champion.

6. ryanwiscaver

ron paul is the true voice of the free people.

7. pjmack79

i love the guy, but never would have thought to compare him to Paul the apostle, lol.

8. John

Ask Ellen Brown about real monetary reform at http://www.webofdebt,com

1. John

MAKE THAT http://www.webofdebt.com (Sorry about that.)

9. PaxAeterna7

you + your mother = bitch and whore

10. Kschemel

This man deserves (present tense) to be president as long as hes still breathing.

11. WOLFENCT

I know the truth hurts…

12. Ralyns

He did everything he could to smear Dr. Paul and all of us during the primaries – what a drastic change… Like you I don’t trust him either.

13. veradinx

What do you mean, retire so quickly? He served in congress for THIRTY SIX years. Don’t blame him because it took so many Amerizombies so long to start waking up from their Bernays-haze. He’s been saying the same things his entire time in office.

14. ladistar

I love having Obama as my president. He’s SUCH a nice and funny guy!!!

15. ladistar

you’re an idiot.

16. Mike Mandela

I love Ron Paul but… Bill Still for president!

17. Trevor Sullivan

Ron Paul is my president.

18. ThanhGio

im glad your eyes are starting to open. it is hard to trust someone inside the system, but we have many powers attacking from all angles. It is a shame Dr Paul would retire so quickly after gaining such support. I would advise watching all his videos and listening close to them. there are somethings i dont agree with him (like health issues) but as far as economics/these useless wars and whats happening behind the scenes. he’s spot on.

19. brkur

1st) This was still Fox … so what’s your point ?
    2nd) Ron Paul was the ONLY thoroughbred in any presidential race for the past decade and who would not love to have him on their show.
    Not my president … but forever one of my role models.

20. Maybe

Our current economy, still has problems.

21. gooseCha

Cavuto is a shape-shifter. Around the time where things were very critical to Paul’s campaign, him being marginalized and such, Cavuto joined the rest in shooting down Paul’s chances. I don’t trust that bastard.

22. alienagendaisreal

i noticed as well….

23. alienagendaisreal

i noticed as well….

24. French Canadian

Alex Jones Detained By TSA

25. jonniebakstix

Calvuto, you aint a zit on Ron Paul’s ass

26. westbakke

you = bitch

27. PaxAeterna7

HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE TEACHINGS OF ISRAEL, the Synagogue of Satan:
    Sanhedrin 106a . Says Jesus’ mother was a whore: “She who was the descendant of princes and governors played the harlot with carpenters.”
    Gittin 57a. Says Jesus is in hell, being boiled in “hot excrement.”
    Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.
    Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile (“Cuthean”), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.
    Read Truth About The Talmud online.

28. Carl Rocco

If we had an unbiased media, Dr. Paul would be our President, Period…..

Fox News got caught changing the audio of the audience reaction to a Ron Paul debate question from cheers to boos…youtube that…

CNN got busted changing the results of an online poll, youtube that…

There is no difference between Republicans and Democrats and a third party is NOT allowed in this country. We will send our kids to die to promote democracy in other lands but don’t care about our lack of it here.

29. Kubakola Jubakola

Shall support Dr. Paul as long as I live.

30. John

Please see http://www.understandingmoney101.com

31. Robb E

All of the sudden the media has respect for Dr. Paul now that he isn’t in congress to vote against their neo-nazi propaganda.

32. 32whatsup

SOLUTION TO THE DEBT PROBLEM —————-> watch?v=CFysl5RH81A

33. scoutrecon1012

I got more out of this 5:56 minute video than the entire Obama Presidency and Romney/Obama Presidential Debate….

34. scoutrecon1012

35. bahl97365

And i suppose Judge Napolitano kisses Ron Paul’s ass too…. This guy actually respects him unlike O`Reilly or Blitzer.