Ron Paul: America Is Not the King of the World

Transcript

Neil Cavuto: There are frequent calls for America’s military to start intervening, should it? Ron Paul, the former Republican Congressman and presidential candidate, says no, be careful, be very careful. Congressman, what do you think of this?

Ron Paul: I think it would be foolish, I think what we have been doing for so many years has been very foolish. I think that they ought to try to understand what blowback is all about and what the CIA has talked about and what Michael Scheuer has demonstrated so often in his work in the CIA. It’s just way too much, it hurts us to no end. One of the points I made when I gave my last little talk on the House floor, was that one of the trends that we’re probably facing was violent anti-Americanism, and it’s engulfing the world, and I think this is what’s happening over there. We have a mess in Egypt now, and we don’t know exactly what we’re supposed to be doing in Syria, and we end up supporting the bad guys. And even Hillary had an expression for it: “How did we know the bad guys were going to get these things?” And I think what’s happening in Mali right now with these hostages spun off from us getting involved in Libya and getting rid of Gaddafi. So one thing leads to another, and I just think that all these problems that we have make my case very clear, that we should have followed the Founders’ advice of staying out of entangling alliances and staying out of the internal affairs of other nations, mind our own business and save a dollar now and then, because we’re flat out broke.

Neil Cavuto: Well, the argument you get back, as you know, Congressman, is that we’ll regret that, because we essentially give the bad guys free run. Now the argument against what they were just claiming is that, well, terrorist are not idiots, they can pack up and leave. So if things get dicey for them in Afghanistan or Pakistan, apparently they move to Mali or Algeria or what have you. But they seem to be pretty good at movement. So I guess the bigger question is, should we do anything about that, or do we just let them brazenly grow unobstructed.

Ron Paul: Well, what we have to decide is why we have the problem. If we come down on the side that it’s spontaneous and they hate Americans, there’s Al-Qaida that kill us and they don’t like our prosperity and they don’t like our freedoms, maybe we should keep chasing them. But if the problem of these threats towards us and the disruptions is because we’re involved, then the answer is to be less involved.

Neil Cavuto: But what if it’s a little bit more than that, Congressman? I know you and I had a chat about this before; what if they really do hate us, they hate everything we stand for, and they really are all about … whatever our overtures towards the Muslim community are like, that they’re all about disgruntles, they just can’t stand us, they want us dead.

Ron Paul: Well, they might ask the same question, what if we didn’t hate Muslims? I mean, we have to build up a lot of hatred for us to go 6,000 miles away and kill people with drones, and this is where the conflict is coming. We have to beat the drums of war and this hatred that we have to go over and do these things. And then, all of a sudden, we have an epidemic of suicides of American soldiers who come back feeling, “What am I doing over here shooting these drone missiles, and little kids are dying and innocent people dying”. And now more people die from suicide, our soldiers are committing suicides. So I think it’s a failed policy, it doesn’t accomplish anything, and we don’t understand it. As long as we don’t want to look … we’re either in denial or we don’t want to understand it. But the CIA actually helps us on this to explain why there is retaliation, and if we don’t accept that, this is going to get much worse. And there are predictions that right now just because they haven’t hit us here at home, doesn’t mean that they’re starting to like us anymore. I think the problem is growing, it’s going to get a lot worse as long as we think we’re the king of the world.

Neil Cavuto: Ron Paul, thank you very much, I think.

1. its because the older generation.

2. Ron paul sucks

3. Until they get it. And BTW, Cavuto is a big fan of Dr Paul. He is just giving him a platform and using questions to stage that platform. Cavuto understands what blow back is. It's his audience that he is concerned with. Trust me, Cavuto is on our side.

4. Brain fart.
    I've put a heavy load of mental multitasking on my self, you break a few eggs while you train to keep a lot of different information straight, especially older stuff. That's why i need you guys, to help keep me going.

5. 0_o That sounds like some pretty basic harmless information. Why would the administration try to hide the fact that Obama used to be a senator lol

6. Did he just say "Thank you very much... I think." at the end?!?

o_0

7. President Paul would've sounded AWESOME!!!!

8. I love Ron Paul! He is the only one who actually told the truth! :)
    Neil, you are the only reason why FOX NEWS CHANNEL is still on the air!

9. Financially the USA is a house of cards, and I suggest that you invest in gold and silver with every spare bit of that phony paper money you can scrape together. The US $ was once backed by gold; the Fed stole it all. Then, after WW2, the US empire got the price of oil pegged to the $; that is all that now holds it up and Khadaffy was killed for trying to demand gold dinars for oil. The debt incurred by the imperial war machine is incredible and the US people are now all BROKE effectively.

10. You Obamacare less paycheck is FUNDING ABORTIONS!

11. Yeah now I remember, only two years that's pretty much just an internship, they never intended him to be a senator long term it was just a stepping stone. Thanks for looking that up, the guy is so secretive I didn't expect the info would be on the Wiki. Thanks again, I got a spark now and my research will be all the better for it. Have a better one.

12. excellent points

13. Ron Paul, correct once again.

14. what was the "I think" for at the end?

15. Ron Paul is the only person I've voted for in 40 years !!!!

16. Iceland loves Ron Paul!

17. I wonder how they pay these media heads to betray humanity and cast it into hell the way they have...

18. When hell freezes over, and not one second sooner.

19. Blow back, the only thing this country understands is something else that begins with blow

20. For the past few years watching Neil Cavuto's clips with Ron Paul I believe it's obvious that he's a Ron Paul supporter. Though it's a damn shame he has to cover that being on Fox news.