Ron Paul: Stop Illegal Immigration Without Creating a Police State!

by Ron Paul

Whenever the federal government decides to reform something we can be fairly sure that the problem is about to get worse, especially if they call the plan bi-partisan. The bi-partisan immigration reform proposal launched last week in the US Senate will be no different.

The new plan, introduced by Sens. McCain and Schumer, would provide a path to citizenship for many of those in the United States illegally. This would only begin after the borders are deemed secure and applicants have paid fees for their illegal entry. They must also pay back taxes on their earnings while working here without government permission. Those on a path to citizenship would be subject to background checks and would be monitored while in the US.

The devil is in the details, and the details of the McCain plan are deeply disturbing. To secure the borders he is calling for a massive increase in drones flying over US territory, spying on US citizens along the border – and presumably within the 100 mile “border zone” over which Department of Homeland Security claims jurisdiction. What if these drones detect suspicious activity unrelated to illegal immigration? Imagine the implications for the federal government’s disastrous war on drugs. Imagine what’s left of the Fourth Amendment completely tossed into the trashcan. The “privatized” prison system in the US that now benefits from the war on drugs and illegal immigration will no doubt look forward to booming business thanks to the army of drones overhead.

Additionally, the McCain/Schumer plan calls for a nationwide, mandatory E-Verify program, which forces employers to act as federal immigration agents, and forces American citizens to prove to the government that they are allowed to work. E-Verify is an East Germany-like program that creates a massive federal database of every American citizen and notes whether or not they are permitted to work.

As Cato Institute privacy expert Jim Harper noted of e-Verify, potentially tens of thousands of American citizens would come up as a false positive for illegal status, denying them the right to work and forcing them to prove to the government that they are not here illegally. He writes, “If E-Verify goes national, get used to hearing that Orwellian term: ‘non-confirmation.’”

Harper rightly notes that E-Verify is in fact a national ID card, writing last week that, “the system must biometrically identify everyone who works—you, me, and every working American you know. There is no way to do internal enforcement of immigration law without a biometric national identity system.”

Much of the most recent immigration problem of the 2000s was actually created by the federal government. The easy money policy of the Federal Reserve blew up the housing bubble and created enormous demand for labor. This artificial demand was filled largely by workers who crossed into the US illegally. Within a year of the housing market crash in 2008, an estimated one million illegal workers left the United States for Mexico and beyond. Net illegal immigration into the United States last year had fallen to zero.

As I noted in my most recent book, Liberty Defined, much of our immigration problems would be eliminated were the federal government to simply return to sound money practices and end the welfare incentive for individuals to come to the US illegally. Afterward, what remains of the problem would mostly be solved with a far more generous and flexible guest worker program. Whatever the case, turning the US into a police state in order to fight a hyped up illegal immigration “crisis” is a bad deal for us all.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=knight4justice knight4justice

Nice job moving the goal posts, you switched from Ron Paul being a hero who saved many lives to making a mistake in speech.

and if Ron Paul is so well respected among our soldiers, then why did the counties where those bases are located not go for Ron Paul? Fort Knox, Fort Campbell, Fort Benning, Fort Bragg, Fort Hood, none of the votes in the surrounding areas came out in favor of Ron Paul. This is where Ron Paul propaganda and reality do not match up.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=knight4justice knight4justice

Guess who received the most votes from soldiers? hint: it wasnt Ron Paul. The places where military bases are located went heavily in favor of Romney.

btw, most of those “soldiers” who donated to Ron Paul, most of them arent even in the military. Just look at some of the video footage of them, they have beards and under Army regulations you are required to shave everyday. sorry that facts dont match up with Ron Paul propaganda

if you are going to respond, then please hit the reply button

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=4sylum1nmate 4sylum1nmate

part 1, of 2… I will again ask a very simple question of those here who are crying for Paul’s head on a plate. Have you yourselves never EVER made a really bad choice of words that you realized later didn’t express what you were really trying to say? I have. And every adult I can think of whom I’ve talked or joked with has readily admitted that they have shoved their own foot in their mouth before too. Haven’t any of you?

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=4sylum1nmate 4sylum1nmate

Part 2, of 2… And even if you only take a small look at his voting record and other actions during his many years in Congress it is plain to see that he has always respected and supported all the men and women in our armed services. Every vote he cast and opinion he expressed while sitting in session with the rest of Congress is public record.

If you’re going to condemn the man at least know a little about him first.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=FinickyGreek FinickyGreek

Before passing an amnesty in 1986 the government assured us that at most we had maybe 800,000 illegals in the US. Turned out to be 3.2 million or 4 times their estimate who stepped forward to receive an amnesty. Now times by 4 the 11 million illegals they say are in the US to get an accurate estimate of just how fucked you will be when they pass another mass amnesty and most end up on the welfare rolls! Amnesty will be the straw that breaks the camels back!

• French Canadian

Robin,

Christopher Dormer is an Obot who adores Obama. So it is a bit tricky to know what’s really going on here. All I know is that if he would be a Libertarian or a Conservative, the MSM would go berserk over this.

My thoughts for now are that the Polices are scared to death of ONE man wanting to kill them… what will they do when millions of gun owners will go after them if this country turns into a civil war due to gun’s confiscation? Will they launch millions of drones to track them or kill them? That is the question.

Robin, since this post is already on Page 2 of the site, do you want to continue the conversation on this page or do you want to do it on a new thread. Let me know wich one you choose to post on so I can get to you easily.

• robin

French Canadian, Let’s go ahead and stick with this thread. I’ll post the interview with Dr. Garrow here. Part of me wonders whether the Chris Dorner is another PSYOPS operation. It’s difficult to know if he even wrote that manifesto that is circulating. Just to many unknowns as you said except capitalizing on an opportunity to push gun control and the use of drones.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jdw211 jdw211

Ron Paul offers real education and solutions.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PistolPackingPatriot PistolPackingPatriot

Mr. Obama, screw the path to citizenship. How about providing us with a path to secession?!?!?

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cdawg4391 cdawg4391

You know, you are right on. Something else though; wtf is it with this naturalized Citizen bs? Please, let’s stop that. If an illegal has a baby on american soil, that baby is a citizen? BS. Citizenship should be earned, not automatically granted.

• robin

French Canadian, Glad you came to this feed. I’m not going to waste my time on the other discussion. I will watch tomorrow when I have time. I had my teenage son watch it and we had quite a discussion. I suspect many won’t understand his parables..Too many people don’t know how to think in this country. Yes, I watched Obama and you notice that he did not applaud. In fact, it looked like he disappeared. Self-determination and independence from the government is definitely not what he wants people to hear in the black community. I watched him when he went down the list. Fiscal responsibility, war and death, freedom in this country, political correctness, lawyers, healthcare efficiency and affordability, etc. etc..What I did not like was one part where he talked about having an electronic record from birth. That is too much like Big Brother, so I would definitely want to have him elaborate on that one. I plan to read the book he mentioned as I’ve been advocating for changes in our educational system for years. I’d like to see what ideas he has. Maybe he will be the next good Doctor..

• French Canadian

Robin,

“I’m not going to waste my time on the other discussion.” (Robin)

Neither will I. Besides, lately there are strange fellows coming to this site. Most of them seems to be anti-Ron Paul. Very strange. It’s like this site has been hyjack or something. I wonder what’s going on. I keep coming back only to see if you posted something… and that’s about it. We don’t see Surfisher anymore, I wonder where he’s gone. Did Ben Swann finally posted the interview with Jim Garrow?

• robin

French Canadian,
        My thoughts exactly. I’ve had my suspicions all along that something wasn’t right about this site, but like you, I appreciate seeing your posts and comments. Yes, I noticed Surfisher disappeared. Ben is posting that interview tomorrow, so I will post it as soon as he does. Any thoughts on the Chris Dorner story and manifesto they are claiming he wrote?I find the timing uncanny with gun control issues raging and that they will be using a drone to track this guy down. It feels like a “test run” to get us to accept this for our own safety. Again, it’s the timing that is nagging at me. Another distraction from what else is going on? The media puts out these kinds of stories when something else is happening that they don’t want us to know about.

• French Canadian

Robin,

Have you seen this video posted today on infowars? Tell me what you think about it.

World Banker Makes Stunning Confession (Video)

• French Canadian

Robin,

I meant: That was priceless!

• French Canadian

Robin,

The part about not being “politically correct” doesn’t surprise me one bit, especially when Israel is concerned, because most people have no idea why Americans created the UN who then created Israel. Americans needed Israel in this region of the Globe, so they could have an excuse to invade Arab countries.

But not being “politically correct” about the CIA running Al Qaeda, THIS is what , irritates me the most. I mean, they are not even hiding it!

Oh, and by the way, did you see Obama’s face when Dr Carson spoke about the Healthcare… and being self sufficient… lol. That was precious!

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EdwinTejeda Edwin Tejeda

1 question..are you native American?

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=VioletStokes Violet Stokes

NO most of us weren’t, we are talking about the ILLEGAL the illegal immigrants that chose to come to the states, work under the table without paying taxes, while they collect on food stamps cash aid, medical assistance and any other freebie they can get while citizens work their asses off to support them, there are MANY immigrants that come here and work legally and pay taxes and health insurance like the rest of us. NO most of us did NOT use to be leeches that bled the system!!

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=alrelbity al relbity

___LIKE THIS COMENT___

SOPA is back, contact fellow liberty minded people and lets stop this before the staist agenda pervails. Contact your congressmen & Senators. Let them know that we wont stand for government intrusion in the internet.

• http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=alrelbity al relbity